Spiritual Forums - Spirits Journey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blog Action Day :: Climate Change

5 posters

Go down

Blog Action Day :: Climate Change Empty Blog Action Day :: Climate Change

Post by liberatedsoul October 15th 2009, 10:25 am

Today is Blog Action Day! Over 8,000 blogs will all be blogging about climate change today reaching over 12 million readers. Check out my blog contribution for the day and others at the links below. Thanks

http://www.baraka-bashad.com/2009/10/spiritual-development-climate-change.html

http://www.blogactionday.org/
liberatedsoul
liberatedsoul

Male
Number of posts : 57
Appreciation Points : 109
Registration date : 2009-08-03

Back to top Go down

Blog Action Day :: Climate Change Empty Re: Blog Action Day :: Climate Change

Post by Vanilla2 October 15th 2009, 10:35 am

Quote: Skeptics often say that the data on climate change isn't conclusive etc. etc: Un-quote

Oh it is conclusive, we have to take the word of the scientists/ and nature conservationists that spend time out there that witness and monitor these daily changes, plus they then bring the evidence onto our TV screens.

Here in the UK we have ugly old power stations versus the new wind-turbines, main problem is, many do not want to see sky high wind-turbines obstructing there views as many are in the countryside, yet these are the safer,cheaper,cleaner/healthier and more efficient choices.

I have posted this elsewhere but this seems the perfect place and time to add this to Liberatedsouls worthy blog, It is a link which includes UK plus 50 other countries all taking a stance in conserving the worlds ever decreasing seed population and banking the seeds for our future generations. Link.......

http://www.kew.org/science-conservation/conservation-climate-change/millennium-seed-bank/index.htm

Last edited by Vanilla2 on October 15th 2009, 11:23 am; edited 3 times in total
Vanilla2
Vanilla2
Administrators
Administrators

Female
Number of posts : 1209
Appreciation Points : 1613
Registration date : 2009-08-18

Back to top Go down

Post by liberatedsoul October 15th 2009, 10:43 am

I agree with you! However, I still encounter people that will argue with me when the topic comes up. So I just defuse them with what I mention in the post...
liberatedsoul
liberatedsoul

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteShaman October 15th 2009, 10:53 am

On every level, Liberatedsoul, I am of the same opinion with everything you wrote in this awesome blog.
First off, relating our spiritual development to climate change is inspired and so true.
Noting how she, our earth, can bring herself back to balance no matter what we do is also inspired and key to understanding where we are right now and how important it is to act as you are acting by contacting our congressman and making changes in our own personal “worlds”
If all that wasn’t enough..you reeled me in with my favorite quote of all time…
“be the change”!
I think a great follow up to this post is if we can all share what we do to create a better world so that we can all get ideas on what else we can do.
If you like I will kick such a dialog off by adding some things I do to what you have mentioned. I must share though, personally, lately, I am struggling with burning wood because of taking down trees. What are your thoughts on that? I wish I had the enrgy and resources to go around and gather fallen trees but I don’t. I also see trees as full of life and spirit, like us, so chopping them down is something I struggle with.
Things I do:
1. I have contacted my congressman to support the new bill by john Kerry called The Clean energy bill and American Power act.
2. I don’t use pesticides or poisons in my yard.
3. I feed wildlife because we have taken away so much of their natural resources.
4. I volunteer at a wildlife rehab
5. I honor and strive to better my relationship with all of nature to strengthen the bonds that have always been there but forgotten.

I’ll stop there in hopes of learning more ways from you all!

Peace and thank you for a great post! This subject is where my passion lies!
WhiteShaman
WhiteShaman
WhiteShaman

Male
Number of posts : 495
Hobbies : Art, Nature, Volunteer work
Appreciation Points : 543
Registration date : 2009-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by liberatedsoul October 15th 2009, 2:05 pm

I copied your replies onto my blogs comments. If you would rather not have them there, I would be happy to remove them. They were such great comments I wanted others to be able to see them as well. Thanks guys!
liberatedsoul
liberatedsoul

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteShaman October 15th 2009, 2:19 pm

Personally, I'm honored!
WhiteShaman
WhiteShaman

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanilla2 October 16th 2009, 4:53 am

The more that see them, the more better Thumb
Vanilla2
Vanilla2
Administrators
Administrators

Female
Number of posts : 1209
Appreciation Points : 1613
Registration date : 2009-08-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Wind-Dancer October 16th 2009, 7:10 am

Great Posts! Here are a few of my contributions.
1. use cloth diapers.
2.Make weekly meal planner, save trips to store
3.if a school bus goes by your house, dont drive the
kids to school
4.If possible grow a vegetable garden,share with your neighbors,this would mean that less food would be trucked in
5. grow flowers that birds love
6.put up a clothesline let nature dry your clothes
Wind-Dancer
Wind-Dancer
Administrators
Administrators

Female
Number of posts : 673
Hobbies : gardening, cooking, painting, fishing, reading
Tell us about yourself : Im half cherokee and half irish.Im very proud of my heritage. Im a rebel at heart.
Appreciation Points : 931
Registration date : 2008-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post by canadianmind October 16th 2009, 7:24 am

I walk everywhere in almost any weather condition !, I dont even have a drivers licence. I have live plants in my house to clean the air in my house. One of the best things is to is unplug any electronics that have a "ready light" That means its still drawing power.
canadianmind
canadianmind

Male
Number of posts : 272
Hobbies : Playing guitar, reading, self discovery,music, hiking, fishing, martial arts lots more
Tell us about yourself : Seeking to know more about myself, ourselves, and our connection to eatchother and the universe
Appreciation Points : 342
Registration date : 2009-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post by liberatedsoul October 16th 2009, 7:47 am

Great ideas guys, thanks for sharing them. White Shaman - I spend a few hours each weekend cutting, splitting, and hauling dead wood out of the woods and preparing it to burn. I won't cut live trees unless there is a good reason to (like thinning a stand so the more mature trees can flourish). Ash trees grow like weeds on our property and in the winter I can thin these and they can burn even green (the only wood that can do that really). Between my families property and my neighbor, I have 100 acres I can pull dead wood from.

I think it is important to remember that there are things we can all do to help, but they won't all be the same things. Burning wood in a gasification boiler is a good fit for me, but wouldn't be for everyone. I have a brother inlaw who has a waste oil burner that he burns used cooking oil in. That makes sense for his skill set and local area. There is something for everyone!
liberatedsoul
liberatedsoul

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteShaman October 16th 2009, 7:55 am

Great stuff guys..thanks for more ideas!
LiberatedSoul, my hat is off to you for taking the time and effort to pull dead trees out of the woods before cutting down live ones.
I thank you and my childrens, children thank you!
Peace and Blessings,
WhiteShaman
WhiteShaman
WhiteShaman

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content