Spiritual Forums - Spirits Journey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Uniting in Thought and Action

4 posters

Go down

Uniting in Thought and Action Empty Uniting in Thought and Action

Post by HypnoDude February 17th 2009, 10:51 pm

The Power Of The Circle

There are many reasons for why a gathering of people in a circle is powerful. A circle is a shape that is found repeatedly throughout the natural world, and it is a symbol of perfection. We recreate this perfect shape when we join others to form a circle. Being in a circle allows us experience each other as equals. Each person is the same distance apart from the next participant, and no one is seated higher than or stands apart from others in a circle. From tribal circles to the mythical round table of King Arthur, the circle has been the shape adopted by gatherings throughout history.

The circle is acknowledged as an archetype of wholeness and integration, with the center of a circle universally understood to symbolize Spirit - the Source. When a group of people come together in a circle, they are united. This unity becomes even more powerful when each person reaches out to touch a neighbor and clasps hands. This physical connection unites thought and action, mind and body, and spirit and form in a circle. Because a circle has no beginning and no end, the agreement to connect in a circle allows energy to circulate from one person to the next, rather than being dissipated into the environment.

Like a candle used to light another candle, the connection with spirit that results when one person joins hands with another is greater than if each person were to stand alone. People who take part in a circle find that their power increases exponentially while with the group. Like a drop of water rippling on the surface of a pond, the waves of energy produced in a circle radiate outward in circular motion. While one person may act like a single beacon that emanates light, a circle of people is like a satellite dish that sends out energy. There is power in numbers, and when the commitment is made by many to face one another, clasp hands, and focus on one intention, their circle emanates ripples of energy that can change the world.

The Daily Om
HypnoDude
HypnoDude

Male
Number of posts : 136
Appreciation Points : 91
Registration date : 2008-12-10

Back to top Go down

Uniting in Thought and Action Empty The medicine wheel

Post by Wind-Dancer February 18th 2009, 6:25 pm

That is a very good post.Thanks for posting it. I truely believe in the circle of life. My Indian heritage is the basis for my beliefs.In the Cherokee spiritual beliefs the circle of life is called the Medicine Wheel. Reading your post reminded me of my roots.
Everything is done by all for the good of the whole.Each of our individual journeys are connected to another.
The Medicine Wheel is representative of American Indian Spirituality. The Medicine Wheel symbolizes the individual journey we each must take to find our own path. Within the Medicine Wheel are The Four Cardinal Directions and the Four Sacred Colors. The Circle represents the Circle of Life and the Center of the Circle, the Eternal Fire. The Eagle, flying toward the East, is a symbol of strength, endurance and vision. East signifies the renewal of life and the rebirth of Cherokee unity.
The medicine wheel is a symbol for the wheel of life which is forever evolving and bringing new lessons and truths to the walking of the path. The Earthwalk is based on the understanding that each one of us must stand on every spoke, on the great wheel of life many times, and that every direction is to be honored. Until you have walked in others' moccasins, or stood on their spokes of the wheel, you will never truly know their hearts.

The medicine wheel teaches us that all lessons are equal, as are all talents and abilities. Every living creature will one day see and experience each spoke of the wheel, and know those truths. It is a pathway to truth, peace and harmony. The circle is never ending, life without end.

In experiencing the Good Red Road, one learns the lessons of physical life, or of being human. This road runs South to North in the circle of the medicine wheel. After the graduation experience of death, one enters the Blue or Black Road, that is the world of the grandfathers and grandmothers. In spirit, one will continue to learn by counseling those remaining on the Good Red Road. The Blue Road of the spirit runs East to West. The medicine wheel is life, afterlife, rebirth and the honoring of each step along the way. I just felt the urge to share this.
Wind-Dancer
Wind-Dancer
Administrators
Administrators

Female
Number of posts : 673
Hobbies : gardening, cooking, painting, fishing, reading
Tell us about yourself : Im half cherokee and half irish.Im very proud of my heritage. Im a rebel at heart.
Appreciation Points : 931
Registration date : 2008-10-09

Back to top Go down

Uniting in Thought and Action Empty Re: Uniting in Thought and Action

Post by Spirit-Being February 19th 2009, 3:04 pm

Wonderful i will say i saw in my minds eye people gathered around Stone Henge holding hands as their energy began growing in the center. Not exactly why i saw this but i found it amazing.

My experience with group gathering (holding hands) was when i was in my early to mid 20's i was in a rehabilitation program for an addiction i once had with drugs. While i was in there we would have group meetings, we talked about our problems and how we could fix them. At the end of this meeting we all gathered around holding hands in a circle, we said some kind of prayer, don' t remember the exact words but what i did feel was exhilarating, i felt energy flowing through me. I do not know where the energy went i imagine up to God. This was my very first experience with group energy.

Many Blessings
Spirit-Being
Spirit-Being
Founder
Founder

Male
Number of posts : 2293
Hobbies : Reading, Creating Things, Music, Meditating, and Being a part of Nature
Appreciation Points : 2727
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by parrotlover100 February 24th 2009, 12:17 am

that sounds fantastic i would love to experience that for myself it would most definetly be enlighting to everyone in that circle a must to try . Very Happy
parrotlover100

Female
Number of posts : 454
Hobbies : reading
Appreciation Points : 425
Registration date : 2008-09-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest May 13th 2013, 8:10 am

There is an image even more powerful than the circle.This is an
equidistant Y.All the arms are equal in position and equal in length.
This Y rotates slowly around an invisible axis.
This is my inner triune nature.
Spirit-Mind-Form.The invisible axis is I AM.
The very core of the personal Self.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down