Change Your Thoughts--Change Your Life

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Change Your Thoughts--Change Your Life

Post by 23luda23 on July 23rd 2009, 4:14 pm

The classic text of these 81 verses, called the Tao Te Ching or the Great Way, offers advice and guidance that is balanced, moral, spiritual, and always concerned with working for the good. Dr. Wayne W. Dyer has reviewed hundreds of translations of the Tao Te Ching and has created 81 distinct essays on how to apply the ancient wisdom of Lao-tzu to today's modern world. This work contains the entire 81 verses of the Tao, compiled from Wayne's researching of 10 of the most well-respected translations of text that have survived for more than 25 centuries. Each chapter is designed for actually living the Tao or the Great Way today. Some of the chapter titles are "Living with Flexibility," "Living Without Enemies," and "Living by Letting Go." Each of the 81 brief chapters focuses on living the Tao and concludes with a section called "Doing the Tao Now." Wayne spent one entire year reading, researching, and meditating on Lao-tzu's messages, practicing them each day and ultimately writing down these essays as he felt Lao-tzu wanted you to know them. This is a work to be followed slowly, one essay a day. As Wayne says, "This will forever change the way you look at your life, and the result will be that you'll live in a new world aligned with nature. Writing this book changed me forever, too. I now live in accord with the natural world and feel the greatest sense of peace I've ever experienced. I'm so proud to present this interpretation of the Tao Te Ching, and offer the same opportunity for change that it has brought me."

The teachings of Lao-tzu of The Way is very much aligned with the teachings of Jesus Christ. I donít necessary agree with everything in this book but I believe that approximately 99.5% is the truth and will positively change lifeís if the teachings are put into practice.

If interested ,this book can be found in public libraries, online or in your local book store.

23luda23

Female
Number of posts : 382
Hobbies : whatever interests me-now more then ever
Appreciation Points : 544
Registration date : 2009-06-11

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/luda23h

Back to top Go down

Re: Change Your Thoughts--Change Your Life

Post by Spirit-Being on July 25th 2009, 12:22 pm

I really liked the description above, this book looks to be very enlightening and may change the way we see nature and our awareness. I would like to buy this book sometime hopefully i will be able to.

luda wrote:living the Tao or the Great Way today

Love this phrase :lovesigh:

Many Blessings

Administrator

Male
Number of posts : 2276
Hobbies : Reading, Creating Things, Music, Meditating, and Being a part of Nature
Appreciation Points : 2686
Registration date : 2008-09-14

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/spiritsjourneyforum

Back to top Go down

Post by Wind-Dancer on July 25th 2009, 6:10 pm

this book looks like a book i would like to read. maybe ill buy it in the future.

Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 673
Hobbies : gardening, cooking, painting, fishing, reading
Tell us about yourself : Im half cherokee and half irish.Im very proud of my heritage. Im a rebel at heart.
Appreciation Points : 931
Registration date : 2008-10-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by parrotlover100 on July 27th 2009, 2:52 pm

I just got a library card a couple of weeks ago i think i'll check it out thank you sharing. Very Happy Thank You

parrotlover100

Female
Number of posts : 455
Hobbies : reading
Appreciation Points : 428
Registration date : 2008-09-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down