Spiritual Forums - Spirits Journey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where is Heaven?

+7
beautydylan
sunmystic
d-knots
Wind-Dancer
Vanilla2
parrotlover100
Spirit-Being
11 posters

Go down

Where is Heaven? Empty Where is Heaven?

Post by Spirit-Being June 11th 2009, 12:33 pm

Where is Heaven?

This question came to me the other day, i thought it would make a great discussion.

Many Blessings
Spirit-Being
Spirit-Being
Founder
Founder

Male
Number of posts : 2293
Hobbies : Reading, Creating Things, Music, Meditating, and Being a part of Nature
Appreciation Points : 2727
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Back to top Go down

Where is Heaven? Empty Re: Where is Heaven?

Post by parrotlover100 June 11th 2009, 1:36 pm

I think heaven will be here on earth as it says in the Lords Prayer.'' thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven'' I can picture God opening up the heavens in the sky coming down wakening all the souls casting all those who choose not to repent of their sins to go to the fires of eternity and and all those who do repent will be rewarded by living an eternity with God and his holy family.There will be love and happyness in a world free of pain and war. Thats how i see heaven. :flyangel:
parrotlover100

Female
Number of posts : 454
Hobbies : reading
Appreciation Points : 425
Registration date : 2008-09-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit-Being June 15th 2009, 4:48 pm

Wonderful Insight

Heaven is what one believes it to be, Heaven can be here or maybe in some far off plane of existence. I believe Heaven can permeate every where, it encompasses all, it's up to each one of us to find our understanding of Heaven.

"The kingdom of God is not coming with things that can be observed; nor will they say, 'Look, here it is!' or 'There it is!' For, in fact, the kingdom of God is among you." ( Luke 17:20-21)

As the song says "Heaven is a place on earth"

If we can all open up then we will all understand that Heaven was always here.

Many Blessings
Spirit-Being
Spirit-Being
Founder
Founder

Male
Hobbies : Reading, Creating Things, Music, Meditating, and Being a part of Nature

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanilla2 August 25th 2009, 7:51 am

I believe heaven consists of layers throughout space, where in these layers we will meet our loved ones and friends and family, and depending on the way we led our life here on earth will determine where in this layer we will fit, I also believe we will be given the chance to move up higher through these layers, so being able to come into contact with more of our family, friends and loved ones, I dont believe everybody will be given that gift of reaching high enough to meet our God. Tiny Angel
Vanilla2
Vanilla2
Administrators
Administrators

Female
Number of posts : 1209
Appreciation Points : 1613
Registration date : 2009-08-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit-Being August 27th 2009, 4:45 pm

Vanilla2 wrote:I believe heaven consists of layers throughout space, where in these layers we will meet our loved ones and friends and family, and depending on the way we led our life here on earth will determine where in this layer we will fit, I also believe we will be given the chance to move up higher through these layers, so being able to come into contact with more of our family, friends and loved ones, I dont believe everybody will be given that gift of reaching high enough to meet our God.

Wonderfully put, i have never heard it put this way. I know in my early years i always thought of heaven sitting on many clouds with God on the throne, and many celestial beings all around including us. To meet our loved ones when we move on is Amazing and Beautiful and i do feel this to be the case as well. Thanks for sharing Vanilla2 Very Happy

Many Blessings
Spirit-Being
Spirit-Being
Founder
Founder

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Wind-Dancer August 27th 2009, 11:09 pm

Heaven is where ever we preceive it to be. We have no need to look toward a future Kingdom; John the Baptist and Jesus Himself said often that the Kingdom was "at hand" (Matthew 3:2, 4:17, 10:7), that the Kingdom has come upon those present (Matthew 12:28), and even that there would be some in His presence who would see Him enter His Kingdom (Matthew 16:28). That Kingdom began on the day of Pentecost in 33 CE, and continues to this day.
Wind-Dancer
Wind-Dancer
Administrators
Administrators

Female
Number of posts : 673
Hobbies : gardening, cooking, painting, fishing, reading
Tell us about yourself : Im half cherokee and half irish.Im very proud of my heritage. Im a rebel at heart.
Appreciation Points : 931
Registration date : 2008-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit-Being August 29th 2009, 7:08 pm

Wind-Dancer wrote:Heaven is where ever we preceive it to be. We have no need to look toward a future Kingdom; John the Baptist and Jesus Himself said often that the Kingdom was "at hand" (Matthew 3:2, 4:17, 10:7), that the Kingdom has come upon those present (Matthew 12:28), and even that there would be some in His presence who would see Him enter His Kingdom (Matthew 16:28). That Kingdom began on the day of Pentecost in 33 CE, and continues to this day.

Very true, and i feel that Heaven is where each one of us believes it to be, i see many Heavens as we each Believe in the Heaven we have come to know, to think of Heaven, is a question many of us have searched for, but to search outside ourselves is what many of us have done. But we can only begin to understand what & where Heaven is with inner work. These answers are within each and every one of us. So where ever you feel it to be know that it came from inside of you. Some questions i thought i would throw out there

Has anyone ever said something to you, that turned the light bulb on? have you ever gotten the feeling of "This feels right to me"?

for me this has happened quite often in my life especially on the Spiritual Path. And when i read each and everyone of your beliefs of what Heaven means to you, each time the light went off, and i felt that these are Truth.

When someone dies, the disembodied soul leaves this sensory world and enters “Gan Eden,” the spiritual Garden of Eden (a.k.a. “Heaven”). In the Garden of Eden, the soul enjoys the “rays of the Divine Presence,” a purely spiritual enjoyment dependent on the Torah learning and good deeds done while in a body. Every year on the yahrtzeit, the day of passing, the soul ascends to another level closer to G-d. This gives it tremendous pleasure.

http://www.askmoses.com/en/article/135,164/Does-Judaism-believe-in-Heaven-and-Hell.html

Luke 17:20-21 (King James Version)

(20)And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he (Jesus) answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation:

(21)Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Luke%2017:20-21&version=KJV;

Heaven is also known as Paradise. It goes by the Islamic name of Jannah. There are many levels of Paradise depending on how righteous a person is on Earth. The highest level that all Muslims are encouraged to ask for is Jannatul Firdaus.

The bounties and beauty of Heaven are immense, so much so that it is beyond abilities of mankind’s worldly mind to comprehend.

http://www.hilalplaza.com/islam/Heaven.html

These are just a few beliefs of some of the "Divine Historic" texts on these Truths about where and what Heaven is.

Many Blessings
Spirit-Being
Spirit-Being
Founder
Founder

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by d-knots August 30th 2009, 12:04 pm

I looked up to the sky and saw a sea of blue and white fluffs of coulds
sometimes gray and dark streaked with rushing mists...

Heaven and Hell are where you make them...

its your mind, heart, and body....

Trust is at hand.

Until it's your time to pass then you'll know for sure

I believe there must be a place for the Spirits, because I have
been touched in many ways by those there but I am here
so there has to be some kind of boundry yet open enough to feel and envision their presence.

for so long folks beleive there is a good place and a bad place.....
there probably is, though, it could be here on Earth too.
d-knots
d-knots
Administrators
Administrators

Number of posts : 760
Appreciation Points : 799
Registration date : 2008-12-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit-Being August 31st 2009, 11:50 am

Well said d-knots I love you

We all have a belief or a feeling about the Heaven we have come to understand in our small minds, i say small minds only for the sake that Heaven is just very hard to understand with thought. It is only through Faith, Belief, & Feeling that we can begin to understand this, now these 3 things are much more than words, it is what describes us in human terms as Spiritual Beings, or Divine Beings. We have and are always Spiritual Beings - Divine Beings even without these words. But they are much needed to help us understand our true nature. Words are Wonderful and the word HEAVEN is DIVINE...

Many Blessings
Spirit-Being
Spirit-Being
Founder
Founder

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanilla2 August 31st 2009, 12:28 pm

It would now be around 45 years ago, my two cousins first told me about ouiga, I remember there were around six members of my family including adults, we sat round a table in front of an open coal fire, I was sceptical and a teenage girl giggling convinced nothing was going to happen, you guessed it, we got in touch with an Uncle that had passed on, my cousin asked him had he seen Jesus/God, he answered back (please read my comment above ) it is because of his answer that I have always imagined that to be heaven, It also brings me comfort in believing that is how it is. Just an after comment, I did not continue with ouiga as I was told many years ago that it was very dangerous. I have just found this link, also explaining the dangers, particularly this piece......Link

http://www.allabouttheoccult.org/ouija-board.htm

Quote. Why does God take such a hard line on things like Ouija Boards - something that many people view as a game? In Isaiah 8:19-20, God says this: "When men tell you to consult mediums and separatist's, who whisper and mutter, should not a people inquire of their God? Why consult the dead on behalf of the living? …If they do not speak according to this word, they have no light…" God points out that we need to come to Him for answers. Because God is omniscient and omnipresent He knows everything and He is in control of everything. Asking charlatans and unknown entities for advice can be worse than fruitless; it can be dangerous. God wants us to trust Him! Un-Quote.

Many apologies, I meant to add that my Uncle said he was within one of these layers, but had not reached high enough to have met our Jesus/God yet.
Vanilla2
Vanilla2
Administrators
Administrators

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit-Being September 2nd 2009, 7:54 pm

That is very interesting Vanilla2 here you were told by the spirit of your uncle, the layer he was in, that is definitely a Wonderful Truth. I have done much reading on Astral Travels, i just Loved reading other peoples experiences, and have found that the layers to be Truth, Fire posted a book on here about astral projection, i read some of it and the person shared their experiences in it traveling through each layer, it was said that the higher level one traveled the more Amazing it became. I would like to read the rest of it when i have some time, not sure why i stopped in the first place.

In my early years i was fascinated with the Ouija Board for me the more i used it the more obsessed i became, it got to a point where i was playing with fire and asking really dark questions, i quickly needed to evaluate my life although i stopped using the Ouija Board i continued on a destructive path, with drugs and alcohol. When i finally stopped taking drugs and alcohol i became interested in the Ouija Board once again. In the beginning it was exciting but once again i became very obsessed and relying on the answers i got from the spirits and making decisions for my life based on these. I have contacted some regular spirits and also some negative entities during the use of the Board, i am grateful to have experienced this as i believe it made me stronger. Every experience we have is a teaching of some kind.

Many Blessings
Spirit-Being
Spirit-Being
Founder
Founder

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanilla2 September 3rd 2009, 3:50 am

Thank you Spirit-Being for opening up about your past experience, I guess when we are young we do tend to try out different things, of course now we are older we can look back and say, I'm glad my journey has taken me away from doing that. Its all part of life's little experiments, as you rightly mention, its all a learning cove for our future :Hello:
Vanilla2
Vanilla2
Administrators
Administrators

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by sunmystic April 12th 2012, 12:44 pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heaven

picture and quote from above website:

Where is Heaven? 300px-Paradiso_Canto_31

Heaven, the Heavens or Seven Heavens, is a common religious, cosmological or metaphysical term for the physical or transcendent place from which heavenly beings (such as a Sky deity, God, angels, King or Queen of Heaven, Heavenly Father or Heavenly Mother or Son of Heaven, heavenly saints or venerated ancestors) originate, are enthroned or inhabit. It is commonly believed that heavenly beings can descend to earth or take on earthly flesh and that earthly beings can ascend to Heaven in the afterlife or in exceptional cases enter Heaven alive. Heaven is often described as a "higher place", the holiest place, a Paradise, in contrast to Hell or the Underworld or the "low places", and universally or conditionally accessible by earthly beings according to various standards of divinity, goodness, piety, faith, or other virtues or right beliefs or simply the Will of God. Some believe in the possibility of a Heaven on Earth in a World to Come.
sunmystic
sunmystic
Administrators
Administrators

Male
Number of posts : 944
Hobbies : none
Tell us about yourself : I love the loving Divine
Appreciation Points : 1034
Registration date : 2010-12-04

Back to top Go down

Post by sunmystic April 12th 2012, 12:54 pm

By the way, gazing at that picture will also automatically open up your "psychic eye". But gazing at it too long will also give you a headache though. It is a very powerful picture. Smile
sunmystic
sunmystic
Administrators
Administrators

Male
Number of posts : 944
Hobbies : none
Tell us about yourself : I love the loving Divine
Appreciation Points : 1034
Registration date : 2010-12-04

Back to top Go down

Post by beautydylan July 2nd 2012, 2:00 pm

I believe heaven's in a parallel world to us Smile
beautydylan
beautydylan

Female
Number of posts : 179
Location : Non serious answer - outside my head, serious answer - UK
Hobbies : Being random and writing poetry
Tell us about yourself : I do random very well lol
Appreciation Points : 212
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by d-knots July 18th 2012, 11:14 pm

Sylvia Brown's book
"Temples on the Otherside"
is a glimpse of heaven
so it the Xavier's "Astral City"
movie that was on hulu.com
recently.
Rose Peach
d-knots
d-knots
Administrators
Administrators

Number of posts : 760
Appreciation Points : 799
Registration date : 2008-12-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Aussiepom March 7th 2013, 5:45 pm

The word 'heaven' to me means another word for the spirit world.

There are so many levels to the spirit world,planes we call them.
From the lowest to the highest.

There is the Etheric plane,the Astral plane and so on.
After we pass over we usually go to the plane that we have spirituality evolved to.
There is what is known a Summerland,where we can rest and relax from our endeavors in the physical world.

We can stay there as long as we like until we feel we need or want to progress more spiritually.
We climb that ladder bit by bit until we reach the highest plane of all to join with the Great Spirit.

Joan
Aussiepom
Aussiepom

Female
Number of posts : 818
Hobbies : Reading,swimming and Spiritualism
Tell us about yourself : Widowed 6 years ago.
Appreciation Points : 891
Registration date : 2012-02-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Taurus20 March 7th 2013, 7:47 pm

Yes Joan, we both have to same feelings about " heaven". It is the eternity we attain after we have reached the highest level of our learning.

We might all look at heaven in a different way but we all see it as our highest Spiritual goal. Group Hug
Taurus20
Taurus20

Female
Number of posts : 356
Hobbies : Meditation,reading, swimming,dancing and having fun .
Tell us about yourself : Looking for like minded people to connect with while on this spiritual journey.
Appreciation Points : 469
Registration date : 2013-02-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Aussiepom March 14th 2013, 1:00 pm

Not quite sure if we go to the Astral plane first or the Etheric. One of them is nick named Summerland.
A marvellous place where we can choose our own home. We meet up with old friends and relatives. We relax from our toils on the physical plane.
That's what I'm looking forward to..... Thumb

Joan xx
Aussiepom
Aussiepom

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by bhagavandas March 16th 2013, 9:06 pm

I think there are two types of heaven. One type of heaven is where the demi-gods are; this is still a form of the physical world. The demi-gods dwell in higher planets, where life in the physical is much longer, and much happier. Yet, even those in the higher planets have to die also.
Then there is the SPIRITUAL SKY where God actually dwells. The Spiritual Sky consists of planets where plenary expansions of God dwell, and where the liberated spirits live forever, in perfect harmony with God.
bhagavandas
bhagavandas

Male
Number of posts : 104
Hobbies : Hiking, Vegetarian Cooking
Tell us about yourself : I'm self-employed. I'm into Bhakti Yoga.
Appreciation Points : 148
Registration date : 2013-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Aussiepom March 17th 2013, 7:46 am

'the spiritual sky where God dwells'

I like that,Mike.

it sounds awesome..... Praying

Joan
Aussiepom
Aussiepom

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Arbel March 17th 2013, 5:19 pm

I would bid you not to ponder over the entity of god the Father-Mother; he doth dwell in divine heaven and is the creator of all things that dwell within the circle of Godhead, two perfect beings in one god, who together with God the son doth make up the trinity of three perfect beings. This source of universal life doth dwell in divine heaven, think not of divine heaven as the heaven referred to in your book called the holy bible, nay, there is the heaven of the divine spheres, the heaven of the semi-divine spheres, and also the heaven of the material worlds. Thus is the heaven referred to in the bible, although you perchance know it not, so the Father-Mother-Son, the all-blessed trinity alone dwells in divine heaven, and the true home of the son is in divine paradise.
Arbel
Arbel

Number of posts : 241
Appreciation Points : 316
Registration date : 2013-02-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down