Spiritual Forums - Spirits Journey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone can go to Heaven

+4
HypnoDude
parrotlover100
d-knots
Spirit-Being
8 posters

Go down

Anyone can go to Heaven Empty Anyone can go to Heaven

Post by Spirit-Being May 28th 2009, 10:33 am

ANYONE can go to HEAVEN
Just BE GOOD!

Anyone can go to Heaven BlessingsBanner
http://www.justbegood.net

What do we mean by ANYONE? Doesn't Buddhism say that only Buddhists are rewarded in the afterlife?

According to Buddhism, where we go to after this life does not depend on our religion. In fact, there is no requirement to pray to, worship, or even believe in the Buddha to have a good afterlife.

What happens to us after this life depends on how we
conduct ourselves in this present life.

The path to Heaven is not by faith or worship,
but by doing good and avoiding evil.

The Buddha never said anything like ‘worship me and you shall be rewarded’. He also never threatened to punish anyone should they not believe in Him or follow His Teachings.

He said that there is nothing wrong in doubting or even questioning Him, as most people will take some time to fully understand His Teachings.

He stressed that everyone should seek, understand and experience the Truth for themselves, and not to have blind faith in anyone or anything.

Thus Christians, Hindus, Muslims, Jews, Buddhists, Taoists, and even atheists, are all able to enjoy a blessed afterlife. But of course provided, that they have been 'good' people!

Many Blessings
Spirit-Being
Spirit-Being
Founder
Founder

Male
Number of posts : 2293
Hobbies : Reading, Creating Things, Music, Meditating, and Being a part of Nature
Appreciation Points : 2727
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Back to top Go down

Anyone can go to Heaven Empty Re: Anyone can go to Heaven

Post by d-knots May 31st 2009, 6:13 pm

yeah, isn't that the basic of peace
just be good if you can't fit someone elses shoes....LOL
Good doesn't mean naive, ignorant, submissive to all
but a kindness, caring, decent even discriminating in all not just
one catagory since one has to pick and choose where goodness
will be better absorbed...no? Or try it you might like it...give goodness
to get goodness. Paying it forward.

LOL..... Cat .....LOL
d-knots
d-knots
Administrators
Administrators

Number of posts : 760
Appreciation Points : 799
Registration date : 2008-12-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit-Being June 1st 2009, 7:50 pm

So true d-knots

The law of attraction, comes to mind giving of yourself, doing good things for all. We will always get back what we give out.

In my life i notice there are many situations were i can be helpful for others, i can sit and listen to someone who needs support or answers, even when i cannot provide the answers someone is looking for, i can still listen, and say something kind.

There are times i see people struggling, and i wish i could help them see what they are not be able to see, but many times i lack finding the right words. Someday i hope to just let God flow through me and speak the words that a person truly needed to hear.

Pay it forward haven't seen this movie in quite some time, when we all begin to pay it forward life will change.

Is humanity and all life evolving to higher states of consciousness?

I have to believe we are!

Many Blessings
Spirit-Being
Spirit-Being
Founder
Founder

Male
Hobbies : Reading, Creating Things, Music, Meditating, and Being a part of Nature

Back to top Go down

Post by d-knots June 1st 2009, 9:15 pm

i hope so in the mean time life is conditional
or hell... LOL
I seemed to have thought that heaven was attainable on Earth
then earthly life is considered to be the hell and the other side
the heaven... it's ok... better to get a picture in my mind and to ease
any anxiety and move forward... Its healthy to give a sweat while living
so it may not be much but it makes one feel better....
whew!... :\'\'\': ... that's hard work...LOL

most folks will take some time to reflect on their life and wish
or just thank whomever for being an inspiration to move forward....
d-knots
d-knots
Administrators
Administrators

Back to top Go down

Post by parrotlover100 June 2nd 2009, 11:57 am

yes i believe anyone can go to heaven.All you have to do is have faith and believe that God has forgiven our sins.Then try to live your life with love for everyone and forgive all who have hurt you.Share what you can,give what you can have consideration and compassion for all. Very Happy
parrotlover100

Female
Number of posts : 454
Hobbies : reading
Appreciation Points : 425
Registration date : 2008-09-16

Back to top Go down

Post by HypnoDude June 2nd 2009, 3:44 pm

Spirit Being,
Is there any way you could maybe clarify this a bit?? Im a bit rusty on my Buddhist Theology, however I was under the understanding that depending on the Karma you produce during your life, that will determine your next 'life'. They also do not believe that a 'soul' is specifically 'reborn' per say, Buddhism rejects concepts of a permanent self or an unchanging, eternal soul, as it is called in Christianity or even Hinduism. As there ultimately is no such thing as a self (anatta), rebirth in subsequent existences must rather be understood as the continuation of a dynamic, ever-changing process of "dependent arising" determined by the laws of cause and effect (Karma) rather than that of one being, "jumping" from one existence to the next.
Here are the breakdowns of the Buddhist belief of rebirth:

Naraka Beings: those who live in one of many Narakas (Hells)
Animals: sharing some space with humans, but considered another type of life
Preta: Sometimes sharing some space with humans, but invisible to most people; an important variety is the hungry ghost
Human beings: one of the realms of rebirth in which attaining Nirvana is possible
**Note** Nirvana means "cessation", "extinction" of craving and ignorance and therefore suffering and the cycle of involuntary rebirths Samsara, "extinguished", "quieted", "calmed", it's also known as "Awakening" or "Enlightenment" in the West. Buddhists believe that anybody who has achieved nirvana is in fact a Buddha.
Asuras: variously translated as lowly deities, demons, titans, antigods; not recognized by Theravada (Mahavihara) tradition as a separate realm.
Devas including Brahmas: variously translated as gods, deities, spirits, angels, or left untranslated

It should also be stated that Buddhism is broadly recognized as being composed of two major branches:

Theravada, which has a widespread following in Southeast Asia
Mahayana (including Pure Land, Zen, Nichiren Buddhism, Shingon, Tibetan Buddhism and Tendai), found throughout East Asia.

It should also be further noted that in some methods of classification, Vajrayana is considered a third branch.

According to specifically Buddhist Theology: (and I am not sure of which 'Branch' this would be either) you could say, produce enough good or positive Karma in a human life to balance out the bad or negative, which in turn doesnt guarantee you upon death or 'completion' of this life, a transition into Nirvana. You may end up back in human life again because you didnt have enough good or positive Karma.

Your statement of not worshiping Buddha himself is correct as far as I understand. Buddhist's do not worship a Diety, they however believe in Self Enlightenment, and working towards that.
HypnoDude
HypnoDude

Male
Number of posts : 136
Appreciation Points : 91
Registration date : 2008-12-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit-Being June 3rd 2009, 4:23 pm

Theology is not my strong point, i should have added more from the site, if anyone is interested the link will be placed at the bottom of this post. Also there are many Buddhists sites on the internet, but the basis is the same to do good and experience for ourselves.

Nirvana/Nibbana Sanskrit/Pali

• Nirvāṇa

Sanskrit: is a historical Indo-Aryan language, one of the liturgical languages of Hinduism and Buddhism, and one of the 22 official languages of India.

• Nibbāna

Pali: is a Middle Indo-Aryan language or prakrit of India. It is best known as the language of the earliest extant Buddhist scriptures, as collected in the Pāḷi Canon or Tipitaka, and as the liturgical language of Theravada Buddhism.

However, in short, Nibbana is the total absence of all craving and suffering. It is achieved by one who has eradicated all aspects of greed, hatred and delusion. It is a state of permanent bliss and happiness from which there is no more rebirth.

The Buddha has taught us how to reduce, and eventually put an end to greed, hatred and delusion in all their various forms. And this can be done by cultivating the positive qualities of generosity and kindness, patience and compassion, morality and wisdom.

With the proper practice of Buddhism, it is thus possible for anyone of us to experience the peace and happiness of Nibbana, even in our present lives. Investigate, examine and try out the Teachings of the Buddha for yourself!

For me The four noble truths & The eight fold path have been a great inspiration in my life.

The information you have posted was very knowledgeable & truthful, and sparked many thoughts in me thank you HypnoDude.

Just be Good

Many Blessings
Spirit-Being
Spirit-Being
Founder
Founder

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by A Darth Vader December 2nd 2009, 4:01 pm

I believe the higher forms of religion and spiritual connect with each other 100% but that the lesser forms of Religious form may be able to bargain with one another less

Why I believe someone will go to heaven, that person will respect life, such person would like to be good and would like to be better and not nessesarily that person may have to be perfect or be good all the way but just have the humility of a true person to understand that there must be order within that person, not nessesarily being Mr. Right or even leading a fully correct intended lifestyle but just to have the decent mercy and comprehension to respect and go with the flow of respect to those who need it more than if they deserve it or not.

My friend Tara says -
I believe that this karma is not always going to last, because people are always wanting the gains but this karma is just so that we can evolve from it and explore more freely future lives to where they may gain our perfection. What I sense is that this karma of life is just a temporary thing and no one is good enough to be good and just go to heaven because every human has been hungry for other things in life that if every one is good to go heaven then the way of life would never be insulted by people who care but that they all would always have the answers to everything.
A Darth Vader
A Darth Vader

Number of posts : 17
Tell us about yourself : Always Motivated To Enhance This Way.
Appreciation Points : 27
Registration date : 2009-11-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Elrick May 25th 2010, 7:22 am

Buddha was much better than Buddhism. Buddha was a great man, even a prophet to his people, but he was an orphan prophet; by that I mean that he early lost sight of his spiritual Source, the Centre of Beingness. His experience was tragic. He tried to live and teach as a messenger of God, but without God. Buddha guided his ship of 'salvation' right up to the safe harbor, right up to the entrance to the 'haven of mortal salvation', and there, because of faulty charts of navigation, the good ship ran aground.

There it has rested these many generations, motionless and almost hopelessly stranded. And thereon have many of Buddhist people remained all these years. They live within hailing distance of the safe waters of rest, but they refuse to enter because the noble craft of the good Buddha met the misfortune of grounding just outside the harbor. And the Buddhist peoples never will enter this harbor unless they abandon the philosophic craft of their prophet and seize upon his noble spirit. Had the Buddhist people remained true to the spirit of Buddha, they would have long since entered their haven of spirit tranquillity, soul rest, and 'assurance of salvation'.

You see, Buddha knew God in spirit but failed clearly to discover him in mind; the Jews discovered God in mind but largely failed to know him in spirit. Today, the Buddhists flounder about in a philosophy without God, while Christian people are piteously enslaved to the fear of a God without a saving philosophy of life and liberty. Buddhists have a philosophy without a God; the Christians have a God but are largely without a philosophy of living as related thereto. Buddha, failing to envision God as a spirit and as the Source, failed to provide in his teaching the moral energy and the spiritual driving power which a religion or a philosophy must possess if it is to change a person and exalt a society.

At times our own light goes out and is rekindled by a spark from another person. Each of us has cause to think with deep gratitude of those who have lighted the flame within us.
Elrick
Elrick
Administrators
Administrators

Number of posts : 120
Appreciation Points : 197
Registration date : 2010-04-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit-Being May 25th 2010, 4:07 pm

Thanks Elrick i really enjoyed reading your post, it really sheds some Light on Religion in General. I see many of the Spiritual Leaders throughout History as we know it, have provided some pieces of a Large puzzle, the pieces seem to fit and the Large picture is becoming much clearer day by day.

Many Blessings
Spirit-Being
Spirit-Being
Founder
Founder

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by d-knots May 31st 2010, 9:51 am

Just be Good!
and take it easy
some folks tend to complicate
what is just there, enjoy it....

Peace....
Tree Hug....LOL

WE live, WE die (this breaks my heart), WE serve....
d-knots
d-knots
Administrators
Administrators

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit-Being June 1st 2010, 10:16 am

Well said d-knots Amen

Many Blessings
Spirit-Being
Spirit-Being
Founder
Founder

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugars September 6th 2010, 12:26 pm

The path to Heaven is not by faith or worship,
but by doing good and avoiding evil.

Yea Well.

The path is the law.
Doing good is naturally love above will.
Do good initiates with loving Good, love God first then love others.
Not to avoid evil, but to be championed fortified nevertheless the existance of it.
Sugars
Sugars

Male
Number of posts : 9
Appreciation Points : 13
Registration date : 2010-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by peaceandkarma May 29th 2011, 9:14 pm

Most religions have an us and them mentality which you don't get in Buddhism. One of the best buddhist gifts is everyone is welcome and not a select few as in everyother religion.
peaceandkarma
peaceandkarma

Male
Number of posts : 104
Tell us about yourself : I'm interested in all things New Age and Spiritualism
Appreciation Points : 120
Registration date : 2011-03-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down