Spiritual Forums - Spirits Journey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Letting Go

3 posters

Go down

Letting Go Empty Letting Go

Post by Galatea March 13th 2009, 6:47 am

I seem to always have one obstacle, letting go. I still carry the baggage from past relationships and it has turned into dead-weight. Now, it has become even more prudent for me to release people and my own gripping emotions as I have just broke up with my partner for 2 years. It is amazing how some people forget to care for their fellow being with cruel words and actions which deeply hurt, then again, what is even more amazing is our love for the people who have come into our lives where the attachment can turn into a burden. Burden meaning we lose ourselves and don't remember that though we try to take care of the ones we hold dear, if we do not cultivate ourselves personally then we risk the chance of having emptiness.

It's getting late, so I'll probably edit this later on in the morning to add more of my thoughts :albino:

Though, what has kept me in good spirits is watching Madea and the advise the character gives on letting go: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WF_10F7eYRE&feature=channel_page
(Not meant to offend anyone with the jokes expressed in the video)
Galatea

Female
Number of posts : 13
Hobbies : Reading, art, friends, Martial arts, swimming, roleplaying...
Tell us about yourself : Hello :) I'm currently in college and continuing my spiritual learning.
Appreciation Points : 6
Registration date : 2009-03-11

Back to top Go down

Letting Go Empty Re: Letting Go

Post by Wind-Dancer March 13th 2009, 11:59 am

It’s hard letting go of someone that we have loved for so long. It’s painful to watch the people we love, walk away from us. But if they want to go, we need to let them go! It’s easier said than done, but then again love is never easy. It hurts like crazy, and it hurts so bad that we feel like we’re about to bleed from so much pain. No one can truly explain how painful it is, without having experienced it themselves. It’s not easy, and it will take time. But know this and trust in this, IT WILL GET BETTER. The age old cliché, “Time heals all wounds“, may sound boring and repetitive, but it’s true. Letting go allows you and your partner to become the people you were meant to be. You can’t control love. You can’t force someone to stay with you, if you know they’re not happy anymore. What you can do is move on. Believe that there’s someone out there who will love you with everything that they have and in the way you deserve to be loved.

If we really and truly love someone, their happiness should mean more to us than our own. It’s called selfless love. So many lovers in the world are put to this kind of test. Ask yourself. How much do you really love him? Do you love him enough to allow him to go where he’s happy, even if it’s no longer with you? Do you love him enough to allow him to be happy without feeling revengeful or bitter? Do you love him enough to let him go?

Letting go doesn’t mean we need to GIVE UP, it just means we need to GIVE IN… give in to the TRUTH, and learn to accept the fact that we may have lost love, but that doesn’t mean we won’t be able to find it again. Maybe we just needed to love the wrong person first, before we finally love the right one. And when we finally meet the one that’s meant for us, we will know, because nothing and no one can ever take that away from us. Understand this. Only then will we be able to see the beauty of LOVE for what it really is, and appreciate the twist and turns of this journey we call LIFE.
Wind-Dancer
Wind-Dancer
Administrators
Administrators

Female
Number of posts : 673
Hobbies : gardening, cooking, painting, fishing, reading
Tell us about yourself : Im half cherokee and half irish.Im very proud of my heritage. Im a rebel at heart.
Appreciation Points : 931
Registration date : 2008-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post by parrotlover100 March 13th 2009, 11:43 pm

wind dancer that was beautifully put in response to Galatea's post.Great advise thankyou I've learned from that post also. Very Happy
parrotlover100

Female
Number of posts : 454
Hobbies : reading
Appreciation Points : 425
Registration date : 2008-09-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Galatea March 14th 2009, 4:21 am

Thank for your wise and caring words, Wind-Dancer <3
Reading your post has given me an extra approval that what I did, I did because I knew in the truth and honesty of it all, that it was time.

Selfless love... I've been expressing it pretty much in all my relationships and I don't consider it anymore. It is true where you should love someone completely but not to love someone more than yourself where you sacrifice your own foundations. Therein, I realized that there is not much of "me" which I have not given to others. Which is also a problem where you feel like you have to give parts/energy of yourself to the other person when the key is balance.

Thankfully, the letting go part is settled, now it is picking up and continuing on. I must admit though, I do not think there is a right person for you. Every person was right for you in that moment and for that purpose. Every person whom I shared a relationship with was complete for me. Now though, it is not so much finding the next love of my life to bring into my life, now I feel like I need to let Love itself be all I need.

Hm, not say I wouldn't like to have another partner, but probably in the future a while from now when I can at least let Love flow freely from within. Isn't funny, we are beings of Love, through and through, yet here on Earth it is the hardest quality to manage :!:
Galatea

Female
Number of posts : 13
Hobbies : Reading, art, friends, Martial arts, swimming, roleplaying...
Tell us about yourself : Hello :) I'm currently in college and continuing my spiritual learning.
Appreciation Points : 6
Registration date : 2009-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down