Spiritual Forums - Spirits Journey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

regression

+5
Joe
Spirit-Being
WhiteShaman
Serenity - Dawn
canadianmind
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

regression Empty regression

Post by canadianmind October 18th 2009, 4:11 pm

For once, I have a simple question with probably not a very simple answer. How can I get intouch with my past lives???? Can I get some incling of it through my dreams and things i am drawn too about history??
canadianmind
canadianmind

Male
Number of posts : 272
Hobbies : Playing guitar, reading, self discovery,music, hiking, fishing, martial arts lots more
Tell us about yourself : Seeking to know more about myself, ourselves, and our connection to eatchother and the universe
Appreciation Points : 342
Registration date : 2009-09-25

Back to top Go down

regression Empty Re: regression

Post by Serenity - Dawn October 18th 2009, 5:01 pm

There are many ways that you can regress back into your past lives.
Dreams - as you've already mentioned, is a wonderful way of discovering your past lives.

Your Instincts -- You've already mentioned this as well. But yes, follow your gut. If something, or a specific time, "calls you". Stop, and ask yourself why? It may take time, but you'll finally discover why you have a longing to be in a certain country, or in a certain year..

Also Self-Hypnosis/Relaxation Technique
This does NOT mean to put yourself completely under hypnosis. But Sylvia Brown gives us an exercise in one of her books. This is merely a relaxation exercise that will help you discover one or more of your past lives..

**Let me do some digging, and I'll get this exercise for you**.
Serenity - Dawn
Serenity - Dawn

Female
Number of posts : 284
Hobbies : I love astral travelling...
Tell us about yourself : I love animals, and nature. I believe we all come from the same Divine Sacred Source, and we are all entwined as one, with the universe.
Appreciation Points : 307
Registration date : 2009-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by canadianmind October 18th 2009, 5:14 pm

Its just that ive always felt really comferatble about history. But when i read about rome or greece or egypt i feel almost like i know already what im reading. And i feel really confertable reading about it.

Theres a bunch of little things too. I love the taste of olive oil. I felt a sence of home when i grew a type of palm called "phoenix dactylerfa", or the common date. That just happens to be a common tree around the nile, and even eventualy up to ancient greece. I love salt, I crave pasta, I live hot hot temperatures, I do fine in dry air. I love stone work and marble.

I also feel at home around tropical plants, and seem drawn to tropical places as well, as well as the medeteranian. Im not sure if its just from me reading about these places all the time, or it its me regressing a bit.

Ill definetly have to try a few things... thanks so far!
canadianmind
canadianmind

Male
Hobbies : Playing guitar, reading, self discovery,music, hiking, fishing, martial arts lots more
Tell us about yourself : Seeking to know more about myself, ourselves, and our connection to eatchother and the universe

Back to top Go down

Post by Serenity - Dawn October 18th 2009, 6:32 pm

From the book--
"The Other Side And Back", By Sylvia Brown
Chapter 5 Page 141

--She suggests that you make a tape recording of the following exercise, so that it may easily guide you through your relaxation. But it can be dome without a recording.
--If you find yourself stuck, or unable to see something clear Relax. You'll be able to see it next time you do this exercise. There is no pressure here. No time limit
--If you come across a situation where it feels like you're actually re-living it, instead of observing it -- Take a step back, & remind yourself that this is not now, it is a past life. Then try again to just observe what is happening. Remember this is not you now... It is just a memory..
--Sylvia encourages spontaneity on this trip. Don't edit yourself, and don't second guess what you're thinking.. Just follow your instincts.
--One more thing. Sylvia says that this exercise is completely safe. And if you're feeling uncertain at any point, just simply open your eyes. It is just a relaxation technique, nothing to fear... I've done it myself a couple of times. I"ve had success with it every time also...

The Journey To Your Past Lives

Sit comfortably in a quiet place where you feel safe, secure and free of distractions. Place your feet flat on the floor, & let your open hands rest on your thighs, palms upward, ready to receive God's divine energy and grace.

Ask God to surround you with the White Light of the Holy Spirit. Feel it's loving warmth embrace you, Absorbing your worries and burdens into the cleansing, healing glow of it's power.

The light caresses your feet. Each muscle relaxes at it's touch: the soles......the insteps......each toe, one by one releasing pain and tension.......calming........quieted.......unhurried.....the cells remembering their healthiest, most vital stage and returning to it as the light slowly moves up.........

The ankles, the calves, the knees are relaxing, releasing, rejuvenated.......no tightness........no stress.........blood circulating free and healthy, bringing oxygen, bringing life. Your breathing slows, becomes deeper, more rhythmic, the peaceful breathing of sleep, as the light continues.......

Through the thighs....the buttocks......the abdomen........cleansing......easing.......taking away all pain, nourishing every organ, every muscle, every vein, every cell. Breathing deeply, unlabored, rhythmic, each breath a divine healing release.......

The white light of the Holy Spirit massages the stomach, the chest, the shoulders, relaxation becoming it's own energy force, surging through organs, muscles, bones to the spine, the body's lifeline, inch by inch, blessedly slow, a loving, cherishing purge of all negativity, all burdens......

Down the arms, the wrists, the hands, the fingers.......releasing, relaxing......breathing quiet, easy......You feel fluid, alive, free of stress......muscle by muscle, tendon by tendon, finger by finger......no hurry.....no cares........no tightness anywhere........so content......

Up the neck, absorbing all tensioin, muscles and nerves letting go, relieved.......the head, the temples.......breathing rhythmic......eyes closed......the white light soothing, divine unseen hands lingering over each feature.......mouth relaxing.......forehead.......nose........lines easing.......jaw unclenching.......skin softening......blood coursing.....pure and cleansing.....

Breathing deepens. With your eyes still closed, look up at the bridge of your nose, for a count of twenty......no longer, so you won't fall fully asleep....

Now.......eyes closed, breath slow and rhythmic, travel back in your mind to the age of twenty......a birthday, christmas, your wedding, the first day of school, any event or day that stands out......If no particular day becomes obvious, and the details don't come right away, gently ask yourself, without pressure, "I know I was twenty, so what was going on in my life in general then?" If nothing still comes this time, it will the next time......Where you lived, what you were doing, who was around you, what car you owned, some detail, however large or small, will eventually open like a flower to release a whole scene, as clear as a movie, as vivid as if it's happening right now.......Look all around you, notice every color, every smell, what you're wearing, how you feel.........If the memory is a happy one, relive it.........If it's a memory that upsets you in any way, simply observe it.....There's no hurry........Stay as long as you like, exploring the reality of being twenty again........Then say to yourself, "Any negativity, conscious, or un-conscious that I'm carrying from the age of twenty, let it be resolved into the white light of the Holy Spirit, to the age I am now, & throughout my happy, healthy, productive, innovative, spiritual life......

Now move on in your journey to the age of ten, when your real identity begins to take shape......Another christmas, another birthday, another first day of school, meeting a new friend, a special day at camp. Any day at all you can find your way to, & the same process if nothing comes.....What grade were you in, What school, what teacher, who did you sit beside in class, where did you live,.......Be patient......Let it come at it's own pace, and another scene, another vivid movie will eventually reveal itself.....Explore it, notice everything........Relive the happy, just observe the sad.. This is your journey, and you are safe and in charge, no pain or sadness can interfere.......Repeat, as before, "Any negativity conscious, or un-conscious that I'm carrying from the age of ten, let it be resolved into the white light of the Holy Spirit, to the age I am now, and throughout my happy, healthy, productive, innovative, spiritual life..

Then with quiet, unpressured patience, return to the moment when you were conceived. Reassure yourself that you can do this. You'll just be using sensory perceptions that you're not accustoned to calling upon. Don't think. Accept the first thing that enters your mind, painting pictures with the subconscious verbalization that's waiting inside you to be unlocked. You may encounter nothing but darkness at first, let it happen. Let the darkness and the images unfold at whatever pace your mind reveals them. Slowly, peacefully, You're travelling from your conception through the quiet of the womb to your birth, with an important reminder to yourself, "Any negativity, pain, or fear I might encounter during my birth, let me not relive it, but simply observe my entrance into this world."

Now you're travelling through a beautiful, ornate, glowing, calming tunnel, a time tunnel with pages of a calendar drifting past you in a sweet smelling breeze, back, back, back, the dates on the pages becoming earlier and earlier........you move willingly, happy, and exhilerated toward the pure white light ahead of you......toward it.......stepping through it, knowing you're safe........

Instantly you're bathed in a magnificent glow of purple light, the color of spirituality. You bask in it, aware that this light of purple that surrounds you is opening, and sharpening your awareness......

A glorious, brightly colored map of the world appears before you on a screen. You step to it eagerly saying, "Wherever I have validly been before, through the grace of my soul's memory, let my hand be guided to that place on this map." Without thinking, without looking, without interfering in any way, let your hand touch the map, guided instantly, and instinctively by your spirit.

You look to see where your hand has landed on the map, and you have the faith and the confidence not to question it, wherever it is. With total acceptance say, "My spirit remembers. My spirit will take me there, to that place, and that time......"

And suddenly you're there, in this place and time, as familar to your spirit as the place and time you left behind. Fascinated, energized, you start to notice details........

--What do you have on?

If you can't immediately see what you're wearing, look around for a place where you can see your reflection.....a mirror.....a store window.......a pond, or stream........Step to it, and describe what you see.....

--Now what do you have on?
--Are you short, are you tall, are you medium height?
--Are you slender, or round and heavy?
--Are you male, or are you female?
--What color is your hair? Is it long, or is it short, or are you balding?
--Are you wearing a hat, or a scarf, or are you bareheaded?
--What do your shoes look like?

Don't think! Accept your first answer. The more you let your answers flow, the more easily the descriptions will come.....

--What year is this?
--How old are you?
--Who is your family?
--Where do you live?
--Who are your siblings? Do you have siblings?
--Who are your parents? Are they both living?

Take your first answer.......

--Is there anyone around you, mother---father---siblings---friends---who's in your present life now? See through their gender and their physical appearance to the essence of their spirit, the reality of who they are.......

--Who are they in your present life?
--And now it's five years later......
--Where are you now?
--Are you married?
--If you have a spouse, what does he/she look like?
--One by one, describe any children you might have.....
--Where do you live?
--Do you have a job? What do you do? How do you spend your time?
--Describe your home, and the view outside it's biggest window....
--Are you happy? Sad? Anxious? Fulfilled?
--Do you know your spouse, or any of your children in the life you're living now?
--Who are they in your present life?
--Are you repeating the relationship now, that you had with them then?

Your immediate thought is the right one......Answer without thinking......There are no wrong responses.......

Now......
Take yourself to the moment that life ended, the moment of your death......

You're only observing it.....Not experiencing it.....There's no fear, you've just watched yourself go home..

--What did you die from?
--Who was around you?
--Was it painful?
--Who came for you from the other side? Do you know that person now?
--What illness, what birthmark, or what remnants of that death have you carried into this life?
--Looking back onto that life, what was it's purpose?
--What was it's primary theme? (Sylvia explains this in the same book)
--What was it's secondary theme? (Sylvia explains this in the same book)
--What were you then to work on? And what did you learn?

Take your first answer------Which of your lives have you just seen? And how many lives have you had?

Now slowly, peacefully, bathed in the loving white light of the Holy Spirit, and a rich green light of healing, with a calming sense of well-being flowing throughout your body, and spirit.......

Quietly return to this life and, happy and refreshed, thanking God (Or whatever you believe in), for your safe journey and the reunion with your own eternity, open your eyes.......

-- You can do this exercise as often as you like..

There's alot written here, but once you get the hang of it. It doesn't take a very long time to be able to do this...

Good luck, let me know how it goes for you!!!
Serenity - Dawn
Serenity - Dawn

Female
Tell us about yourself : I love animals, and nature. I believe we all come from the same Divine Sacred Source, and we are all entwined as one, with the universe.

Back to top Go down

Post by canadianmind October 18th 2009, 7:15 pm

First off, id like to thank you for typing that out. I appreciate that yout ook the time to write it down! Ive read one of her books, and she seems like one of the few truely enlightened people in this day and age.

She used to be on monte williams all the time. This seems like a very cool exersise im definetly going to try it. Ill let you know how it went!
canadianmind
canadianmind

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteShaman October 19th 2009, 9:58 am

Awesome dialog! Thank you Serenity for the great info!
There was a short time in my life that I wanted to know more about my past lives and consequently I experienced my dying, in a past life.
I was a criminal and I saw it in a dream and it was very real!
I kind of dropped it after that! Ha!
These days, as much as I know life goes on and has been for me forever, I can’t help but wonder what use is it to us today to have past lives if we can’t remember them!
The answer of course, I feel, is that our past experiences are embedded in our sub-conscious and serve to help us grow.
But once we grow to know the hidden thoughts and agendas of our subconscious we find that the service offered from our past lives are no longer needed.
Those is my feelings anyways!
Peace and Blessings,
WhiteShaman
WhiteShaman
WhiteShaman

Male
Number of posts : 495
Hobbies : Art, Nature, Volunteer work
Appreciation Points : 543
Registration date : 2009-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Serenity - Dawn October 19th 2009, 10:08 am

You have some good points WhiteShaman.

White Shaman wrote:
The answer of course, I feel, is that our past experiences are embedded in our sub-conscious and serve to help us grow.

Exactly.. We have what Sylvia Brown calls is "Cell Memory". And in this cell memory, we hold fears that are from our past lives. So when we observe, NOT re-live our past lives, we can then release that fear into God's divine love..

Or, if there is a particular lesson that we learned from our past lives, then by observing our past lives, we remember the lesson learnt, & helps our souls grow..

White Shaman wrote:
But once we grow to know the hidden thoughts and agendas of our subconscious we find that the service offered from our past lives are no longer needed.

I'm not sure if I understand. Could you explain this to me??
Serenity - Dawn
Serenity - Dawn

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteShaman October 19th 2009, 10:19 am

White Shaman wrote:

I'm not sure if I understand. Could you explain this to me??

I guess what I am saying is exactly what you said………once we observe the impact that aspects of our past lives have on our present condition, we can release it to the light of divine love, thanking it all the way.
The unknown (subconscious) “causes” then no longer have any (uncontrolled conscious) “effect”.
WhiteShaman
WhiteShaman

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Serenity - Dawn October 19th 2009, 11:22 am

Oh! Well said then...... Good Post
Serenity - Dawn
Serenity - Dawn

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteShaman October 19th 2009, 11:35 am

It is amazing in my mind that we may not even know why we do some of the things we do and that the reasons may go way back beyond anything we can remember in this lifetime.
That is what the “dark night of the soul” is to me…when these reasons come to the surface.
It’s been great discussing this with you Serenity!
Peace and Blessings,
WhiteShaman
WhiteShaman
WhiteShaman

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Serenity - Dawn October 19th 2009, 11:43 am

And it seems like every time you and I have a discussion about something WhiteShaman, I always walk away learning a little bit more about myself, & the world we live in!!
Serenity - Dawn
Serenity - Dawn

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteShaman October 19th 2009, 12:02 pm

Serenity - Dawn wrote:And it seems like every time you and I have a discussion about something WhiteShaman, I always walk away learning a little bit more about myself, & the world we live in!!

Why thank you Mother Confessor!
The feeling is mutual..you have an awesome calmness about you that is infectious to me and you have so much knowledge that you peacefully share as well.
Forums are absolutely great for expressing ourselves and learning about ourselves from each other!.
By the way……….I was going to ask you a while back about your altar that you mentioned in a post.
I don’t know how long you have had your own in-home altar but are they not the most awesome thing to have.
I have had one for about a year or so and I keep adding to it. It is every bit as holy to me as any other divine place.
(But then again…what place is not divine!)
I wish everyone had one and could experience their power and blessing!
Peace and Blessings,
WhiteShaman
WhiteShaman
WhiteShaman

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Serenity - Dawn October 19th 2009, 12:45 pm

Altars are one of my fave things...

At the moment I only have one altar inside my home. And I've had it for about 3 - 4 months now. But if my balcony was big enough, I would definately have one outside as well. Maybe one day........

I keep adding to mine as well, changing it around. I'm thinking of changing it around again, but I need a little bit of money to get another cloth, and a couple more candles. I currently just have one candle on my altar. But I'd love to have two!!

But it is most definately my sacred space....
Serenity - Dawn
Serenity - Dawn

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteShaman October 19th 2009, 12:55 pm

Sounds awesome!
You also mentioned that love astral travel.
I am always curiuos to hear how others go about such amazing things.
I use a "drumming" Cd, which allows my mind to go into a trance like mode where I am not asleep but not awake like normal.
From there I initiate the journey preceeded by specifying my intentions and by honoring my guides who consequently take over on the journeys.
How do you astral travel, if you don't mind me asking?
Peace,
WhiteShaman
WhiteShaman
WhiteShaman

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Serenity - Dawn October 19th 2009, 1:35 pm

I use an instrumental cd, no lyrics at all. Some intrumental songs don't help me, but other songs do.

-- I sit comfortably, with the music playing.
-- I always chant a little bit first, because I can't go from an active mind, to a meditative state.. So I chant for a minute, or however long I want.
-- Then I am able to quieten my mind and meditate.
-- Then once I am ready, I ask God to protect me, and my spirit guides to guide me, and and then I go deeper into my meditation.
-- Then I'm in a different state of consciousness, because I am flying above trees, and hosues, or anywhere that I want to go.. I always stay around earth though..
-- My favorite thing to do --- Is travel up high enough to see the whole earth. Where there is stars and blackness all around you. Now fly as fast as you can to the earth's ground!!! You're completely safe!! But it feels like a roller coster ride...
-- I'm not sure if this part of it is the actual astral travelling or not, but it really does feel real....

I have a question --
I've heard that when you are astral traveling -- that there are "different planes" to travel to..

I'll try to explain, One plane is....say heaven. Another plane is...earth, and a third plane would be the lower place. Not hell, because I don't believe in hell, but are there different places one can travel to??
Serenity - Dawn
Serenity - Dawn

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteShaman October 19th 2009, 1:51 pm

Awesome! Sounds a lot like my travels. What chanting does for you, drumming does for me.
I also fly, I fall, I ride deer into the wilderness, I have met beings of the fairy realm and my latest which I posted on this forum was that I was flown by my Owl power animal guide, to deep space where I found myself sitting in space. This was an awesome experience beyond description!
I have intentionally visited the lower realm and the upper realm on several occasions. The lower realm has nothing to do with the ignorant understanding of a place called hell at all just as you suggested.
I think the key to traveling to other realms is intention. I also think it helps to start the journey yourself. To visit the lower realm, start by going down a worm hole and see where you come out. The upper realm is the same, you can travel there by climbing the suns rays.
The journeys will take off from there and if your intentions of the journey are known and specified, your guides will answer all your wishes!
The other thing is..my journeys are always validated afterwards as is also my wish and intention. That is the real awesome part!
Thank you for sharing Serenity! Like I said, sounds a lot like what I do!
WhiteShaman
WhiteShaman

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Serenity - Dawn October 19th 2009, 3:01 pm

White Shaman wrote:
To visit the lower realm, start by going down a worm hole and see where you come out. The upper realm is the same, you can travel there by climbing the suns rays.

I'm gong to try this.

Thanks for the tips WhiteShaman...
Serenity - Dawn
Serenity - Dawn

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteShaman October 19th 2009, 3:15 pm

Enjoy the ride!
WhiteShaman
WhiteShaman

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by canadianmind October 19th 2009, 9:49 pm

I think we store the info like you guys said becasue its the way we learn. IF you think about it, it helps explain evolution. Its almost like a collective conciousness. A massive storage of information that we can tap into. If you ever had an incident with infused knowlege this is what your getting the info from.

The thing is that people can tap into it when we really relax and focus our intent strongly enough. This is how we can regress and see out past lives, and have then seem so real. This also explains how species pass successful traits from one another.

Now if we use intent to mold out meditations/astral travel to go where ever we want, what would happen if we just let out mind wonder?? i ask this because a few weeks ago, i went into the deepest meditation i have gottten to to date. I focused coloured energy up through my root chakra, and let it rie to and through my crown shakra. I then gathered white light around me, and let it enter through my crown shakra down through my root chakra into the earth. I then chanted back up my chakras ( lam, ram , vam, yam ham ohm then silence). When i went silent, i really want focusing on anything inparticular, mostly just the silence. Then flashes of sacred geomerty flashed past me ( earth ait fire water and spirit), i then seen a white ight flash, then i seen green feilds, not unalike in england or scotland, i then remeber soemthing about stone walls, then i remember smelling salt, then a voice said "wake up" and i came out of it, still in my meditative position. I dont really know what happened there?

You mentioned astral travel, does this sound like it?????
canadianmind
canadianmind

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Serenity - Dawn October 19th 2009, 10:00 pm

It sounds like it...

How did your body feel when this happened??

If it was astral travel, did you feel light in your solar plexis?, like you were flying?

Did you feel like you were in some kind of trance? Awake, but not really awake?

If it was just a vision, did your body feel just like it does now, but fully relaxed, maybe even a bit tingly??

It could've been either an astral travel, or a vision. only you really know for sure. Your body will show you signs.. Either way, it sounds like it's a wonderful gift..
Serenity - Dawn
Serenity - Dawn

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by canadianmind October 27th 2009, 8:14 am

It felt like I was there. Not nessasarily flying or observing. The only thing is I havnt been anywhere that looked that that. Once again, at the beginning when I seen the symbols, it definetly felt like I was trance-like, but when I was seeing the other things.... I was awake, where ever I was, for the few seconds I was there. I could hear every breath and heart beat very loudly, then it felt like i was going 100km/h then stopped dead, then I opened my eyes.
canadianmind
canadianmind

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit-Being November 1st 2009, 1:53 am

I love reading all your posts i would very much like to start getting back into practicing meditation and Astral Travel, i don't mean to get off the subject here but i need to share how i am feeling. I was once very passionate about spirituality, paranormal, dreams, & astral travel & i had many wonderful experiences. I am finding it difficult to find that inspiration i once had. Your posts have opened my eyes to what i was once so passionate about. Any simple suggestions that might help me get back on track would be greatly appreciated. Basically where should i start (Baby Steps) Bashful

Many Blessings
Spirit-Being
Spirit-Being
Founder
Founder

Male
Number of posts : 2293
Hobbies : Reading, Creating Things, Music, Meditating, and Being a part of Nature
Appreciation Points : 2727
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteShaman November 1st 2009, 7:21 am

Spirit-Being wrote:I love reading all your posts i would very much like to start getting back into practicing meditation and Astral Travel, i don't mean to get off the subject here but i need to share how i am feeling. I was once very passionate about spirituality, paranormal, dreams, & astral travel & i had many wonderful experiences. I am finding it difficult to find that inspiration i once had. Your posts have opened my eyes to what i was once so passionate about. Any simple suggestions that might help me get back on track would be greatly appreciated. Basically where should i start (Baby Steps) Bashful

Many Blessings

I wonder if you thought about "WHY" you want to experience that "passion" again, if you would then find your answer.
It is easy to get "attached" to the "passion" and "experiences" of a spiritually based life. They can to take us away from other things.
What are you passionate about now?
If the answer is nothing, maybe that is what you want to be taken away from.
If so that is your first baby step...to realize that.
I'm not saying that is what is going on in your life Spirit-being, I am giving an example that could very well fit.
Peace and Blessings,
Whiteshaman Praying
WhiteShaman
WhiteShaman

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by canadianmind November 1st 2009, 8:12 am

When I used to work out all the time.... i loved the burn I got, and the feeling of accomplishment i got after a few months after seeing some results. Everytime i started would stop after a few months becasue i would plateau. In other words, i stopped seeing results as fast as I used to see them. Mabey thats how you feel? You accomplished so much in your years of study about spirituality and everything invilved, you then hit a wall, and felt that you either couldnt learn anymore, or begain loosing some interest, becasue you seem to get the same answers over and over again.

If i continued working out after I hit the plateau, I would have continued for years after. OR if i changed my workouts I would have avoided it all together. Mabey you need to "change your workouts"? Find more ways to satify your hunger for truth? What I do is I read everything that I can about all religions, and then when i dont understand something I continue to read up on it. For example, I have been reading up on wicca, and I am amazed by how much of our beliefs that we discus on here is related to wiccan belief, even if we dont know it. Most of religions take a basis or somethings from wicca, so I started to read antropology books so I can understand te beginnings of us, therefore understanding how we come to use religion.

I hope you find your spark again spirit being. But I dont think youve lost your passion at all. Your answers to many posts are enlightning, and you are on this forum still arent you? Very Happy

I thank you for your kind words as well, and dont worry about being "off topic". Discussions always tend to move away from what start out with. Thats how good discussions go!!
canadianmind
canadianmind

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Serenity - Dawn November 1st 2009, 11:54 am

Someone on here once said, that our spiritual life is sometimes like a pendulum..

It swings one way for awhile, then swings the other way. I think it was Essence who said this, but not 100% sure.. Please forgive me if I'm wrong....

Anyway, this statement is very much true for me.. When my pendulum swings in the spiritual department -- I just ride with it. I enjoy the passion, & discovery of answers..

But when the pendulum swings in the other direction. This is when I feel frustrated that I'm not learning anything new. I'm not feeling passion & enjoyment from this area of my life..

When I'm stuck in this mode, here's what I do:
1. I remember that this will not last forever. It is a means of growing in my spirituality. So breathe deeply, try to be patient, and keep this in mind..
2. To find the passion in meditating and astral travel again. I "train" myself. CanadianMind is right when he says this is a kind of "work out"..

--just start with 3 minutes a day. Sit alone in a room, and clear your mind for those 3 minutes. When you're feeling that this is easy for you, then move the time limit to 5 minutes.

--For me, I've found that when I'm not feeling spiritual--that it's hard to clear my mind. It takes pratice, and when I don't enjoy it, I do it anyway.. Because my brain is like everything else in life, it has to be trained, how to do things..

Hope this helps... And take heart Spirit Being, I feel that the pendulum is already starting to swing back for you. So it won't be long now..
Serenity - Dawn
Serenity - Dawn

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next