Spiritual Forums - Spirits Journey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The barriers/walls between beliefs.

5 posters

Go down

The barriers/walls between beliefs. Empty The barriers/walls between beliefs.

Post by Spirit-Being June 21st 2009, 3:28 pm

barriers/walls

I have been contemplating adding this topic for quite some time. We all have many differing beliefs about who we believe we are, how we came to be, where we are going, & what is the true written word... but what i come to understand is that there are barriers or walls separating these beliefs from each other.

If you were to put each belief side by side you would probably see an invisible barrier in between each belief. What if each belief was to look up into the sky, and see how they came to be.

What would they see?

Could these barriers be the limitations that keep us separated as human beings?.

Each belief we hold true, is true according to each one of us.
Could they be concepts that are the keys to awakening to the greater picture?

What is the wisdom that unites all?

Why does one person believe in what they know to be true, without considering that others have beliefs that they hold true as well?

The spiritual texts are tools to become awakened spiritually. We limit ourselves when we debate over who has the right belief. In all actuality we are all humans going towards the same place. When the walls separating beliefs come down, we begin seeing the unity between all of us.

I did not post this to influence anyone in anyway, i am adding this in hopes that each person may come to understand their own existence and where we are all going. The idea of who is right and who is wrong disappears when we begin to see how special we all are and that we are all connected working towards one goal.

I have recently been trying to understand what each barrier consists of, and how to break them down in my life.

There are just so many questions that have no answers for me. More than i can count. But in seeking one shall find.

I do feel that the more we seek to know the answers, the wisdom of the answers we begin to see.

Many Blessings
Spirit-Being
Spirit-Being
Founder
Founder

Male
Number of posts : 2293
Hobbies : Reading, Creating Things, Music, Meditating, and Being a part of Nature
Appreciation Points : 2727
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Back to top Go down

The barriers/walls between beliefs. Empty Re: The barriers/walls between beliefs.

Post by parrotlover100 June 21st 2009, 3:50 pm

I think this is a very good point you made here spirit-being.yes if we could all be just a little more open to listen to all sides without being critical or judgemental, because after all we all are like you said spirit-being somehow connected and working towards one goal no mater how different our paths all seem i feel and think they are leading us to spiritual gain. :lovesigh:
parrotlover100

Female
Number of posts : 454
Hobbies : reading
Appreciation Points : 425
Registration date : 2008-09-16

Back to top Go down

The barriers/walls between beliefs. Empty Re: The barriers/walls between beliefs.

Post by Wind-Dancer June 21st 2009, 8:09 pm

If I am sure of anything, it is this humanity, which is common to all .... So it is with the universal religion, which runs through all the various religions of the world in the form of God; it must and does exist through eternity. 'I am the thread that runs through all these pearls and each pearl is a religion or even a sect thereof, only the majority of mankind is entirely unconscious of it ....."How do we cope with differences ? The only rational way is to accept them, not only
as inevitable, but essential. "One must learn that truth may be expressed in a hundred thousand different ways, and that each of these ways is true as far as it goes. We must learn that the same thing can be viewed from a hundred different standpoints, and yet
be the same thing .... "
"Suppose we all go with vessels in our hands to draw water from the lake. One has a cup, another a jar, another a bucket, and so forth, and we all fill our vessels. The water
in each case takes the form of the vessel carried by each of us, but in every case, water, and nothing but water is in the vessel..... God is like that water filling these different vessels, and in each vessel, the vision of God comes in the form of the vessel.
Yet He is One......."
Wind-Dancer
Wind-Dancer
Administrators
Administrators

Female
Number of posts : 673
Hobbies : gardening, cooking, painting, fishing, reading
Tell us about yourself : Im half cherokee and half irish.Im very proud of my heritage. Im a rebel at heart.
Appreciation Points : 931
Registration date : 2008-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post by 23luda23 June 22nd 2009, 12:14 am

“Yeshua said to the disciples and to the multitude around them, "Who is the son of God? Who is the daughter of God? Even the company of those who turn from all evil and do righteousness, love mercy and walk reverently with their God, these are the sons and the daughters of man who come up out of Egypt, to whom it is given that they should be called the sons and the daughters of God."
"And they are gathered from all tribes and nations and peoples and tongues. They come from the East and the West, the North and the South, and they dwell on Mount Zion. They eat bread and they drink of the fruit of the vine at the table of God, and they see God face to face." – Gospel of Nazarenes

Morpheus also said “there is a difference between knowing the path and walking it”.

I believe barriers exist do to misunderstanding of the scriptures. The main message of all spiritual texts is to live in Love, for God is Love. Love unites us, hate and prejudice divide us. Everyone has their own path in life and it’s not the same as everyone else, because we are all unique but eventually we will all come to the same destination.
If most people are truly honest with themselves, they will only ever find they are half right in any given interaction anyway, that is if they chose to learn something from it.
Trying to deny that other people's ideas/beliefs have some validity will just lead to friction and the choice not to learn anything from them. People believe everything they do for a reason and I personally found out that what people believe is in fact has many valid reasons and I become very open to them as long as they are build on the foundation of Love and Peace.

:flo:
23luda23
23luda23

Female
Number of posts : 381
Hobbies : whatever interests me-now more then ever
Appreciation Points : 541
Registration date : 2009-06-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit-Being June 26th 2009, 5:06 pm

All your words are so true. Angel-2

parrotlover100 wrote:if we could all be just a little more open to listen to all sides without being critical or judgemental

I believe when this is done we will grow in Wisdom & Love.

Wind-Dancer wrote:"One must learn that truth may be expressed in a hundred thousand different ways, and that each of these ways is true as far as it goes. We must learn that the same thing can be viewed from a hundred different standpoints, and yet be the same thing .... "

This i believe can unite people, understanding a connection that we always had with one another.

23luda23 wrote:People believe everything they do for a reason and I personally found out that what people believe is in fact has many valid reasons and I become very open to them as long as they are build on the foundation of Love and Peace.

Foundations can last forever, once the foundation of Love is set Peace comes and strengthens the foundation.

What more could we all do to strengthen these foundations?

Many Blessings
Spirit-Being
Spirit-Being
Founder
Founder

Male
Number of posts : 2293
Hobbies : Reading, Creating Things, Music, Meditating, and Being a part of Nature
Appreciation Points : 2727
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by athorne September 7th 2009, 10:58 am

Many religions teach their members to distrust all others. This practice generates a high level of distrust. It can lead to hatred and violence and many times does just that.

I and most of you are lucky. By being on this site we are all more open minded than those religions that teach such hatred and distrust. We find that we are willing to listen to beliefs and reasoning that is outside of the so called box.

In doing so we find ourselves stable in our beliefs and have trouble understanding the great difficulty that other people have.

So give yourself a little pat on the back, but remain cautious. There are plenty of people out there that would consider us monsters that must be destroyed.
athorne
athorne

Male
Number of posts : 14
Appreciation Points : 28
Registration date : 2009-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down