Spiritual Forums - Spirits Journey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Beliefs are pentecost

3 posters

Go down

My Beliefs are pentecost Empty My Beliefs are pentecost

Post by Wind-Dancer December 27th 2008, 8:02 pm

Yes i know some people consider this religion a joke. i thought i might try to explain the idea of what Pentecost really is. I was raised in the Pentecost faith, so my faith is based on that.

Pentecost is a renewalist religious movement within Christianity that places special emphasis on the direct personal experience of God through the baptism of the Holy Spirit. The term Pentecostal is derived from Pentecost, or the Jewish Feast of Weeks, which commemorates the descent of the Holy Spirit upon the followers of Jesus Christ as described in the Book of Acts, Chapter 2.
Pentecostalism is an umbrella term which includes a wide range of different theological and organizational perspectives. As a result, there is no central organization or church which directs the movement. Most Pentecostals consider themselves part of broader Christian groups. For example, Pentecostals often identify as Evangelicals. Furthermore, many embrace the term Protestant, while others the term Restorationist. Pentecostalism is also theologically and historically close to the Charismatic Movement as the latter was influenced by the Pentecostal movement, and some Pentecostals use the two terms interchangeably.

Within Pentecostalism there are two major groups, Trinitarian and Oneness. Examples of Trinitarian denominations include the Church of God in Christ (COGIC) and the Assemblies of God while some Oneness denominations are the United Pentecostal Church International (UPCI) and Pentecostal Assemblies of the World (PAW). There are more than 130 million adherents to Pentecostalism.[3] When Charismatics are included the number increases to nearly a quarter of the world's 2 billion Christians.[1]
pentecost
Wind-Dancer
Wind-Dancer
Administrators
Administrators

Female
Number of posts : 673
Hobbies : gardening, cooking, painting, fishing, reading
Tell us about yourself : Im half cherokee and half irish.Im very proud of my heritage. Im a rebel at heart.
Appreciation Points : 931
Registration date : 2008-10-09

Back to top Go down

My Beliefs are pentecost Empty Re: My Beliefs are pentecost

Post by Spirit-Being December 28th 2008, 8:51 am

I was raised in the christian belief as a catholic during my years growing up. All these years i have never know what Pentecost meant. There are so many branches of Christianity among many other religions. What a Beautiful Tree Christianity is. The branches are so full and in bloom, Jesus was the "Tree" & "Roots" The branches are the result of "Jesus" and each one has a spiritual story to tell. The leaves bud grow, bloom, and wither with each passing lifetime, there are new leaves and Christianities Teachings Flourish, to all who are open to them.

Many Blessings
Spirit-Being
Spirit-Being
Founder
Founder

Male
Number of posts : 2293
Hobbies : Reading, Creating Things, Music, Meditating, and Being a part of Nature
Appreciation Points : 2727
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by tiger April 30th 2009, 2:34 pm

I too have a Christian background, and in fact have a seminary degree and was a Pastor for a short time. I have since embraced Zen and Taoism and would say that while I still follow Jesus, my beliefs about him are quite different than traditional Christian theology.
tiger
tiger

Male
Number of posts : 8
Tell us about yourself : I'm learning
Appreciation Points : 18
Registration date : 2009-04-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down