Spiritual Forums - Spirits Journey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Photos all gone...

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Photos all gone... - Page 2 Empty Re: Photos all gone...

Post by sunmystic July 20th 2013, 12:43 pm

Laura told them that Spirit Being hasn't actually been active for a year, even though he did check in in May. So things are interesting guys Smile  . Love, john
sunmystic
sunmystic
Administrators
Administrators

Male
Number of posts : 944
Hobbies : none
Tell us about yourself : I love the loving Divine
Appreciation Points : 1034
Registration date : 2010-12-04

Back to top Go down

Post by sunmystic July 20th 2013, 12:51 pm

Here is how the conversation is going, just for fun:
-----------
Laura:
 thank you Derri for the link

but we still need a admin here to look a the other issue...the image shack problem

I checked ...[b class="coloradmin" style="color:#aa0000"]owner[/b]  last looked in on May 23 but  did not respond to anyone or to  anything. He actually hasn't been active in over  a year...

okay back to hack by the shack or whatever the problem is.. can you take  a peek?
------------
Derri:
Well I can't. However Image Shack do regularly delete images that are stored on their database so maybe Image shack have removed them. It could also be the servming account in which the images were held was deleted or they removed it.
------------
Laura:
Derri.. I understand all that hunny. These are all pictures ever posted in the forum.. some uploaded from pc's.. some using  image shack, tiny pic, etc

many different photo hostings....

Now all of them no matter who originally hosted them says image shack....
and it appears on every single post .. even posts that had no images connected to them.
--------------
Derri:
From the topic your friend posted above, I saw above it seems like Image Shack has removed them as it seems image shack seems to have removed them or blocked you site somehow. I saw when someone uploaded from tinypic that the image seemed to work.

I'm not sure why they aren't displaying.

EIDT: When did you say this bug with Image Shack start?
---------------
Laura:
That was me  and another person testing tiny pic ...copy and past img method to see if it was also blocked lol lol

yeah definately seems to be a image shack hack issue of some kind

why we need a admin here to take look

thanks again for the  [b class="coloradmin" style="color:#aa0000"]owner[/b] help problem.. now wish he had not stuck his head in so we could fix that issue already.. grrrrrrrrr

started just couple days ago.
-----------------
sunmystic
sunmystic
Administrators
Administrators

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by sunmystic July 20th 2013, 1:39 pm

Hey guys Smile  does anybody have a "twitter" account? Maybe we should go global? ""ImageShack" is now using hackers to hack into a phpBB message board to advertise "Imageshack"!" sunmystic waits for Laura's calmer mind to work its magic on the system  Smile  . Love you guys! john
sunmystic
sunmystic
Administrators
Administrators

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ATouchofHeart July 20th 2013, 2:22 pm

I am reading......with hopes we can solve the issue.
ATouchofHeart
ATouchofHeart

Female
Number of posts : 808
Location : Southern, California on a Indian Reservation. Search for truth in Spirituality.
Hobbies : Everything Spiritual, Machine Embroidery, Quilting, Writing Poetry, Computer and creative software, Writing, Artwork.....never bored.
Tell us about yourself : I’m a widow; I lost my spouse April 16, 1999 to a broken heart and Cancer. He was a Native American. I have lived on his Reservation in California for 37 years. We were married 23 years. We had two children, lost one to a drunk driver in 97 before my spouse died. I started my spiritual journey when son passed; but woke up to spirituality abruptly June 2009 when I had an event reading by James Van Praagh and he brought through eight deceased relatives. I would love to be a medium in the future, and share that spiritual connection with those who have lost. I take photos of spirits in clouds. One of my favorite spirit photographs at night is an apparition of a Native American Male.
Appreciation Points : 972
Registration date : 2013-02-18

Back to top Go down

Post by ATouchofHeart July 20th 2013, 2:32 pm

I have a Twitter account. But you can't say much there.
ATouchofHeart
ATouchofHeart

Female
Location : Southern, California on a Indian Reservation. Search for truth in Spirituality.
Hobbies : Everything Spiritual, Machine Embroidery, Quilting, Writing Poetry, Computer and creative software, Writing, Artwork.....never bored.
Tell us about yourself : I’m a widow; I lost my spouse April 16, 1999 to a broken heart and Cancer. He was a Native American. I have lived on his Reservation in California for 37 years. We were married 23 years. We had two children, lost one to a drunk driver in 97 before my spouse died. I started my spiritual journey when son passed; but woke up to spirituality abruptly June 2009 when I had an event reading by James Van Praagh and he brought through eight deceased relatives. I would love to be a medium in the future, and share that spiritual connection with those who have lost. I take photos of spirits in clouds. One of my favorite spirit photographs at night is an apparition of a Native American Male.

Back to top Go down

Post by laura ann July 20th 2013, 2:41 pm

no one can go to twitter and start bad mouthin  image shack.. hackers are hackers.... be reasonable geeez

anyway does anyone remember if there was  a small iconic pic that appeared before each post started with text?

I think their is not a solution from the  other responses they are giving me without the  ability to enter the actual admin panel to the  control panels.

seems he used image shack to do all the set up icons and headers etc.

still talking to the problem solvers will get back to you but other then wait the 4 months  then try to move ownership it looks like  the image is stuck for the big black square.
laura ann
laura ann
Administrators
Administrators

Number of posts : 664
Appreciation Points : 1026
Registration date : 2012-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by laura ann July 20th 2013, 2:47 pm

• Photos all gone... - Page 2 Alerte12

Photos all gone... - Page 2 In_pro10 Re: multiple non owner issue
Photos all gone... - Page 2 Sujet11 by SLGray Today at 2:06 pm

The image issue is not an issue with Forumotion, but with the image hosting site. You will need to upload the images to another host or replace them with other images.

----------------------------

Photos all gone... - Page 2 Moon
[b style="font-size: 1.2em;"]SLGray[/b]Support Moderator
Photos all gone... - Page 2 Aidactif

Photos all gone... - Page 2 In_pro10Re: multiple non owner issue
Photos all gone... - Page 2 Sujet11 by laura lanham Today at 2:10 pm

this is not just a image hosting issue..
and most of the images that are missing were not hosted via the forum.

it is on all posts.....both new and old.. including post with no images attached...

big black screen saying image shack

there has to be a hack issues of some kind. more that then the image hosting side of it since it  appears on every single post ever made..

[b style="font-size: 1.2em;"]laura lanham[/b]Forumotion Member

• Photos all gone... - Page 2 In_pro10 Re: multiple non owner issue

Photos all gone... - Page 2 Sujet11 by SLGray Today at 2:18 pm

No hack issue.  Imageshack has been having issues lately.  It could be that the person who created the theme used Imageshack.  Could you post some screenshots of the issue?

Re: multiple non owner issue
Photos all gone... - Page 2 Sujet11 by laura lanham Today at 2:27 pm

http://www.spiritsjourney.net/t2004-moving-house

SLGREY........the black image shack box is  on all post .. even non image postsPhotos all gone... - Page 2 15headdress1em9

Last edited by laura lanham on July 20th 2013, 2:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

Photos all gone... - Page 2 In_pro10 Re: multiple non owner issue
Photos all gone... - Page 2 Sujet11 by Derri Today at 2:29 pm

Its likely an image shack link is in one of your forum buttons

ACP --> Display --> Pics Management --> Advanced

See if you have any image shack links and make sure to check all tabs.
Photos all gone... - Page 2 59267-73
[b style="font-size: 1.2em;"]Derri[/b]Forumotion Member

• Photos all gone... - Page 2 In_pro10 Re: multiple non owner issue

Photos all gone... - Page 2 Sujet11 by SLGray Today at 2:30 pm

Like I said, it could be that the person who create the theme used Imageshack.

Code: ----------Select content
Code:
http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/603/15headdress1em9.gif

Photos all gone... - Page 2 15headdress1em9

----------------------------

Photos all gone... - Page 2 Userba12
Forum Rules ~ Tricks & Tips ~ FAQ ~ How To Report A Forum

No support via PM.

Photos all gone... - Page 2 Garcon12

Photos all gone... - Page 2 In_pro10Re: multiple non owner issue
Photos all gone... - Page 2 Sujet11 by laura lanham Today at 2:35 pm

that is part of the problem.. no owner around and has not been  for  a year except stuck head in after we checked it and it appears he looked in two months ago.

so were screwed basically with fixing this until we wait 4 months to try to move the forum to someone else then wait the 2 to 4 months that will take?

no one  has the ability to get to those controls.. the adminon the forum  are actualy just moderators with moderator abilities.

Stop watching this topic
laura ann
laura ann
Administrators
Administrators

Back to top Go down

Post by laura ann July 20th 2013, 2:48 pm

is a coding issue which needs access to the control panel/ admin panel
laura ann
laura ann
Administrators
Administrators

Back to top Go down

Post by laura ann July 20th 2013, 2:52 pm

final answer I s::: need admin /owner to access control panel
must wait 4 to 6 months

sorry folks I tried to  help you 
you'll just have to work around the big black box.
laura ann
laura ann
Administrators
Administrators

Back to top Go down

Post by ATouchofHeart July 20th 2013, 3:55 pm

laura ann wrote:no one can go to twitter and start bad mouthin  image shack.. hackers are hackers.... be reasonable geeez

If I gave you that impression I'm sorry.
I said "can't post much there" because you can only post so many words and I like to write I'm wordy.
ATouchofHeart
ATouchofHeart

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by sunmystic July 20th 2013, 4:11 pm

Sorry Deb, Laura's comment was directed at me, not you Smile. Love, john
sunmystic
sunmystic
Administrators
Administrators

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by laura ann July 20th 2013, 4:23 pm

laura ann wrote:no one can go to twitter and start bad mouthin  image shack.. hackers are hackers.... be reasonable geeez
DEB SAID

If I gave you that impression I'm sorry.
I said "can't post much there" because you can only post so many words and I like to write I'm wordy.

Deb hunny I am sorry.. I did not mean my comment to  be directed at ANYONE. I meant it as a geez we all need to think things all the way through  don't jump to conclusions about image shack before  know it is a image shack issue. I apologize if it came off sounding that way..... was slightly frustrated at that moment.

I also need to apologize to Spirit Being for accusing him of not being here for a year when clearly he stopped in. I checked his page after I made my initial statement to  forumotion on the forums behalf. So I then corrected It.

only recourse you all have left is to try to get a hold of Spirit-Being.

laura ann
laura ann
Administrators
Administrators

Back to top Go down

Post by sunmystic July 20th 2013, 4:46 pm

"no one can go to twitter and start bad mouthin  image shack.. hackers are hackers.... be reasonable geeez"

"The sky is falling! The sky is falling!", Chicken Little said. (with Chicken Little being me Smile  ) If Imageshack did not pay somebody to do what is being done, then they should be informed that nuisance hackers have struck again to make them look bad. And it is the job of phpBB management to say that it is not their fault and to place the fault some place else. And that which is happening "is" a simple owner/founder solve which we can not solve directly. I do not believe that Spirit Being was paid to put the advertisement there, there is no way that he would do that. I do not believe that Imageshack paid a hacker to put the advertisement there either, they just wouldn't do that.

Laura, you going to "bat" for everybody on the message board is very much appreciated, and your information about "twitter" and about right and wrong was very good information. Thank you! So how many people have clicked the advertisement to see if there is any hidden virus attached to it? I don't have the nerve to click it. And I guess if nobody minds the advertisement being there until Laura and phpBB management get things solved, then I do not mind. But, I do not have the nerve to click it. Love, john
sunmystic
sunmystic
Administrators
Administrators

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by sunmystic July 20th 2013, 5:11 pm

Hey guys I am wrong again Smile  the advertisement is not a click event! Too cool! john
sunmystic
sunmystic
Administrators
Administrators

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by laura ann July 20th 2013, 5:12 pm

nothing happens when you click It.... rflho

apparently spirit being CODED in the forums format  a icon  for each post.
hence he coded in a image shack code for the image used for the icon.

one has to  go into the coding to fix this  which is only only done by  going into the  admin panel.

no one here has the  authority or was given the  power to go into the admin control panel by Spirit being on this forum.

so it can not be fixed.

only recourse is to  get a hold of Spirit Being and ask him to fix and or to  roll the forum over to a new owner.

I can do no more to help you
laura ann
laura ann
Administrators
Administrators

Back to top Go down

Post by ATouchofHeart July 21st 2013, 3:46 am

It's OK (((((Laura Ann))))) all is well. Sorry if I jumped the gun thinking you meant me.
I appreciate all that is being done to keep us all here.
ATouchofHeart
ATouchofHeart

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 21st 2013, 4:15 am

OK.I am up to date I think on all the issues.
I actually did contact ImageShack about images but
I do not expect a reply.
I can live with the image and wait until the 6 months comes due  and
we can decide what to do with the site.
Laura Ann thanks for all the effort.
Regards
Stephen

Back to top Go down

Post by ATouchofHeart July 21st 2013, 4:37 am

I can live with the box also. I also clicked on it and nothing happened that I am aware of. Seems ok.
Six months is ok with me also. Not going anywhere.

Thanks from me too for everyone's help.

Deb
ATouchofHeart
ATouchofHeart

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by sunmystic July 21st 2013, 11:44 am

Well guys that was fun! A little bit of message board excitement for a moment. We now know our limitations and challenges and now that the experts have spoken there are no more mysteries left. Yea! One of my problems is that when something can not be solve directly the creative challenge becomes how to solve it indirectly. But because the concept of "creative" is involved one does need to contemplate the ramifications of the possible actions before these actions are taken Smile  . Sometimes making a mountain out of a mole hill can be productive, but now that I am a registered phpBB member I have decided that I maybe I would rather not upset folks. I am going to need to have something to do this winter and playing around with a free message board sounds like it might be something interesting to do. Now that the internet search engines have "bots" exploring everything, if you put things together correctly you show up in search queries with folks off the internet finding you. The problem back in the day when I had a message board was that you had to register it with the different search engines and then also go out and actively promote and advertise it to be successful. Nowadays you do not have to do that anymore.

I am thinking along the lines of a "Metaphysics" themed message board with options for none metaphysics forums to create the possibility for a moderator/administrator training program where interested people can study and experience the moderator/administrator experience for free. And because everyone has different ideas on what they would like to try as a moderator/administrator the message board could serve as a platform to see what works or does not work with maybe exploring the why of it. The drawback to what I am contemplating is that if it was successful it would get too big. Also I have been working on a book titled, "The Psycho-Social Dynamics of a Successful Message Board", for years now, and the message board could also so serve as a platform for research that could be published. Maybe? I don't know. But if it was handled right the idea is fraught with possibilities, at least for an old fellow that doesn't really have anything else to do anyway Smile  . Love, john
sunmystic
sunmystic
Administrators
Administrators

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 21st 2013, 12:06 pm

Dear John,
It sounds a fantastic idea.I hope you go for it.
Regards
Stephen

Back to top Go down

Post by sunmystic July 21st 2013, 1:21 pm

skfarblum wrote:Dear John,
It sounds a fantastic idea.I hope you go for it.
Regards
Stephen

Thank you Stephen. My first problem would be to find a couple of other people to be co-founder/owners with me. It is my feeling that a single founder/owner message board is an exercise in futility because of time, creative input to prevent stagnation, and because "stuff" happens that can leave dedicated members of a message board left out to hang, which I feel is not fair or right. Also three is a self balancing number. And the message board could be divided into three sections, if it was wished to be, so that each owner/founder could explore what interests them. Also because a message board is considered a publication they would be a publisher of a publication and could publish their own writings if they wished. And nobody would be God, if everybody didn't go for something, then it isn't done. And I want to be a part of a team. As far as I am concerned team efforts are the only way to go. Everything else is a waste of time. john
sunmystic
sunmystic
Administrators
Administrators

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 21st 2013, 1:44 pm

Dear John,
I agree a team is the way to go.In a kindly manner
please do not look in my direction.I would not be a good
team player.I know my limitations.A good member yes but
no more than that.
Your ideas are creative and original and I am certain suitable
people will appear.
I wish you all success if you do indeed embark on this project.
Kind regards
Stephen

Back to top Go down

Post by sunmystic July 21st 2013, 3:10 pm

skfarblum wrote:Dear John,
I agree a team is the way to go.In a kindly manner
please do not look in my direction.I would not be a good
team player.I know my limitations.A good member yes but
no more than that.
Your ideas are creative and original and I am certain suitable
people will appear.
I wish you all success if you do indeed embark on this project.
Kind regards
Stephen

Ok Stephen thank you! Love, john
sunmystic
sunmystic
Administrators
Administrators

Male

Back to top Go down

Photos all gone... - Page 2 Empty What we are all now up against...

Post by sunmystic July 21st 2013, 3:43 pm

An "owner/founder" absent message board is vulnerable to "chaos generators" because there is not any active authority present on the message board. Should any of the versions of these disruptive types of people/personalities become active members of the message board there will be nothing that can be done about it. They can and will reign supreme. I have seen it happen way too many times. Should any of these different versions of disruptive personalities establish a presence on the message board there is nothing that I can do about it except study them Smile  because it is my nature to do so. I am an "Administrator Staff" in name only which makes me a joke on this message board (and yes, some do consider me a joke as a personality also Smile  which is ok). So things are "one day at a time" guys and may the "force" be with you. I can be here for moral support, but there is not a single thing that I can do about anything. At this point in time, if something isn't done, this message board's fate is in the wind. This is sad and too bad, but it is an "Oh well" reality at this point in time. Maybe we should put a prayer request in the prayer request forum Smile  . I don't know. Anyway, maybe none of this will happen and everything will go well. I hope so and that is my prayer. Love you all! john/sunmystic
sunmystic
sunmystic
Administrators
Administrators

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by laura ann July 26th 2013, 9:49 am

please notice the small icons at beginning of all post . these are what caused the  big black box

image shack issue.
forumotion has  things set up so that  their websites can not be hacked

extremmly rare for it to ever happen
laura ann
laura ann
Administrators
Administrators

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2