Spiritual Forums - Spirits Journey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Plain and simple we get what we ask for.....

+2
peaceandkarma
Linda
6 posters

Go down

Plain and simple we get what we ask for..... Empty Plain and simple we get what we ask for.....

Post by Linda September 1st 2011, 1:31 pm

by Mastin Kipp creator of thedailylove.com

Plain and simple, we get what we ask for.

Not just with our words, but also with our actions. In fact, our actions will show us what we are asking for far more than our words. We only take action on what we truly believe, so if we want to see what we are really asking for, let us look towards our actions.

If you say you want to lose weight, but your actions are to eat high calorie food and stay inactive, you aren't really asking for health.

If you say you have faith but your actions are actions that are faithless, then you don't really have faith.

If you say you love someone and your actions are unloving, then you don't really love that person.

Let us be mindful of our actions.

The precursor to action is thought. Sometimes it can be VERY hard to be aware of what we are actually thinking, especially because many of our actions come from unconscious thoughts. If we want to tap into what's really running us, but are having a hard time, let us see what actions we are taking.

We want love, but we run away when it shows up. There is a misalignment there of desire and thought.

We want weight loss and a healthy body, but we don't get off our ass and exercise. There is a misalignment there, too.

In this literal Uni-verse, we can LITERALLY create (from the inside out) any type of experience we wish to choose. It is when our desires, our thoughts and our actions are in alignment that this kind of life begins to emerge.

The seed of a desire for something greater lives within all of us, but our lack of action prevents that kind of life from unfolding.

Imagine if a farmer had seeds and land to plant his seeds, but doubted that the seeds would grow if he planted them. So if this doubt were strong enough, the seeds would never get planted. Or, they get planted, but then the farmer can be too impatient and dig up the seeds the next day or the next week because the crop hasn't come yet.

The farmer still has no harvest. Then a second farmer comes by at harvest time with a full crop of harvest, and the first farmer gets jealous and angry at the second farmer for having abundance. The first farmer may blame The Uni-verse or say, "People like me aren't supposed to have this harvest", but in reality, it is the farmers own doubt and impatience that prevents him from reaping his harvest.

We are many times like the first farmer. Our seeds are our desires. Our fields are our daily actions. We must plant our desires in actions and then be patient. If weeds of doubt creep in, we must clear them out. And in perfect time we will be able to harvest the fruit of our faith.

This is how life is. We need to nurture the fertile soil of our actions with faith and patience.

So, today, are you not getting what you want? Look at your desires. Look at your actions. Where is there a disconnect? How can you adjust your actions to sync up with your desires? And, if that feels weird, how can you change your MENTAL habits to allow yourself to take the proper action that is in alignment with your desires?

The answers to the lack you may be temporarily experiencing is all within you. Show up, let go and trust The Uni-verse one day at a time. Get your desires, thoughts and actions in alignment and then let your patience and faith shower down on the fertile soil of your actions.

Your harvest WILL come.

How can you make this change today? Let me know:
WhatImGoingThru@TheDailyLove.com

Love,

Mastin Kipp

I look forward to his postings daily and I get so much inspiration from them, that Is where I get most of my quotes that I quote, I copy and past my favorites, also with Love, Linda (-:

Linda
Linda
Administrators
Administrators

Female
Number of posts : 757
Hobbies : Living
Tell us about yourself : I feel at peace outdoors, listening to nature, the birds to the bubbling creek, recharges my soul.
Appreciation Points : 1030
Registration date : 2009-01-10

Back to top Go down

Plain and simple we get what we ask for..... Empty Re: Plain and simple we get what we ask for.....

Post by peaceandkarma September 1st 2011, 6:09 pm

Good Post Good post, very true.
peaceandkarma
peaceandkarma

Male
Number of posts : 104
Tell us about yourself : I'm interested in all things New Age and Spiritualism
Appreciation Points : 120
Registration date : 2011-03-24

Back to top Go down

Plain and simple we get what we ask for..... Empty Re: Plain and simple we get what we ask for.....

Post by d-knots September 1st 2011, 7:37 pm

Quite a bit to think about................. Meditate
d-knots
d-knots
Administrators
Administrators

Number of posts : 760
Appreciation Points : 799
Registration date : 2008-12-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanilla2 September 2nd 2011, 3:25 am

Just got on the scales, weight has gone up, I am not a happy bunny, yet on reading this has brought it all home. Very true Linda, I want to lose weight, its only ME who is stopping it from happening. All I need to do is focus on what I keep telling my self. I want to lose weight, no I'm going to lose weight. I am taking control now. I HAVE FAITH IN MYSELF.

Thank you, you posted this just at the right time.
Vanilla2
Vanilla2
Administrators
Administrators

Female
Number of posts : 1209
Appreciation Points : 1613
Registration date : 2009-08-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Linda September 2nd 2011, 12:35 pm

Perfect Timing, I am glad. I too used to struggle with weight and a skinny guy told me. "Don't Live to Eat, Eat to Live." It stuck with me. I have lost weight and am happier about myself, My neck is back (-: I am not on a diet, I still eat everything I want, but in smaller portions. I do eat more fruits and veggies, the rawer the better. My Favorite is Mexican food, since that is what I grew up on. Instead of eating 6 tacos, I'll eat 2. Pizza, I LOVE Pizza, I'll have 2 slices instead of 1/2 a Pizza. No more Sugar, I use Stevia. No more whole milk, I drink 2%. No more white bread, I buy whole wheat. When I go out I eat whatever I want, and ask for a to-go plate when my meal comes, then I put part of it in the to-go container to either eat the next day, or a treat for my dogs. This will work for you too, eat what you want, just be mindful of your serving sizes. All my Love, Linda (-:
Linda
Linda
Administrators
Administrators

Female
Tell us about yourself : I feel at peace outdoors, listening to nature, the birds to the bubbling creek, recharges my soul.

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanilla2 September 2nd 2011, 2:28 pm

Thank you Linda, all good advice. I must admit I was doing pretty well up to 4 weeks ago. I have lost a lot of weight, still a fair bit to go, my Dr says. But I have fallen back recently, must get back on track. Maybe we could spur each other on, what better way to get motivated. Plain and simple we get what we ask for..... 549269
Vanilla2
Vanilla2
Administrators
Administrators

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by d-knots September 4th 2011, 10:24 pm

Thanks, Ladies
for the awesome ideas
on portion control
which is one of the
Golden Answers to
being healthy.

Plain and simple we get what we ask for..... 458624

Are we comforting oursleves
when we overeat or are
we fearing the loss of the
food so we eat all of it
at one meal. The to-go
container is a great idea.

I hear and we probably
practice this unthinking...
to lose weight you have to
eat more meals in the day
so that you don't do a
one meal eating like crazy.
You eat six small ones for
example, or at least healthy
snacks in between two
important meals. Sticking
to the three meals helps
too.

I had an apple today - it
wasn't the green tart one
- it was the yellow pink that
was more sweet and juicy
than sour, but it worked and
did curb my appetite for longer
than of late.

I dislike feeling insatiable...
it's insanity when no amount
is enough and it's "hungry"
until you're stuffed.

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh!
d-knots
d-knots
Administrators
Administrators

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanilla2 September 5th 2011, 3:33 am

Strange you talk about apples. Yesterday we had our village scarecrow festival, and as we stopped outside one house, the lady owner was outside. Now manys the time I walked passed her front garden with my dogs and admired her small apple bush/ tree with its bright red but small apples that I could just reach over to grab, but would not do that. To cut a story short, I must have hinted so much that she was so kind and picked one for me to try. The apples she said were called Katy. I ate half as soon as I was home, it was a little bitter but still edible. Its hard to get back into eating healthy or anything that is less sweet when you have been straying away on sweet foods for a few weeks, but that one apple yesterday is/ was enough to get me back on track again, it had changed my tastebuds.
Vanilla2
Vanilla2
Administrators
Administrators

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit-Being September 5th 2011, 2:04 pm

This is a very good post Linda, desires have been a huge issue in my life, i give in so easily to my desires, i tend to forget to think it through before engaging or acting on them. Which many times causes me unhappiness & self pity. Once i realize it happened for a reason, that is when i learn to forgive myself for giving in so easily, and learn from it finally letting it go. What i found works wonders is working on a project, creating something Beautiful. Eating seems to be less on my mind, and when i do take a break from the project, i don't eat as much because i want to get back to working on that project lol

When we create we Inspire Others.

Candle Heart

~Many Blessings~

Spirit-Being
Spirit-Being
Founder
Founder

Male
Number of posts : 2293
Hobbies : Reading, Creating Things, Music, Meditating, and Being a part of Nature
Appreciation Points : 2727
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by d-knots September 5th 2011, 4:26 pm

Plain and simple we get what we ask for..... 1936690366 LOVE ya'.....

Nilla, is a Katy a crabapple type of fruit?
I heard crabapples are very healthy.....

Exactly,

My thing, nowadays, is to get a walk in
so I don't eat as much...
instead water quench's the thirst
and a nap does the body good...LOL

I have been cooking all day today
using new ancient grains like Quinoa
in new recipes. Baking cake and potatos
yummmmm........
Steaming Beets...perfection!

Squirrling away food into the freezer
so I have minimal cooking during the
work week.

Lots of paperwork.......

Blessings of
Peace and Prosperity
to Us All and Good Folks......

Plain and simple we get what we ask for..... 1671208201 Plain and simple we get what we ask for..... 1194698978 Plain and simple we get what we ask for..... 2011361292
d-knots
d-knots
Administrators
Administrators

Back to top Go down

Post by Elrick September 5th 2011, 4:56 pm

Excellent posts!! This brought to mind Florence Shinn's words...

"The game of life is the game of boomerangs. Our thoughts, deeds and words return to us sooner or later, with astounding accuracy. "
~Florence Shinn
Elrick
Elrick
Administrators
Administrators

Number of posts : 120
Appreciation Points : 197
Registration date : 2010-04-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit-Being September 5th 2011, 11:00 pm

Thanks for sharing Florence Shinn's quote Elrick, have not heard this one before, this quote has just took root in my mind & it couldn't be more True in my Life.

Two Candles

~Many Blessings~
Spirit-Being
Spirit-Being
Founder
Founder

Male
Number of posts : 2293
Hobbies : Reading, Creating Things, Music, Meditating, and Being a part of Nature
Appreciation Points : 2727
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Linda November 4th 2011, 5:58 pm

mee too I Love that quote by Florence, I re-posted it on my facebook page to keep it flowing. huggs!
Linda
Linda
Administrators
Administrators

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by d-knots November 21st 2011, 5:56 pm

It's boomerang season with all the holidays........

Just a Reminder..... LOL : ) : ) : )
God made little Blue Apples...too
Shout out to my Lillybud!
Amen...
d-knots
d-knots
Administrators
Administrators

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down