The Conscious Mind Effecting the Autonomic Nervous System

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Conscious Mind Effecting the Autonomic Nervous System

Post by sunmystic on November 6th 2011, 3:38 pm

In advanced yoga one learns to use their conscious mind to effect their autonomic nervous system. From there one learns how to do this in simple effective ways.

This all starts with, "What you put thought into activates and stimulates the area of the body that you are putting thought into." Normally in a healthy individual this activating and stimulating is a part of one's personality programming and is considered a part of the subconscious mind at work because it is done automatically. But one can actually do this consciously if one's personality programming, for whatever reason, is not doing it. One example/symptom of one personality programming not doing it, is that you become sick or are sickly.

to be continued...with the understanding that any questions or input into this topic is always welcome at anytime.

Last edited by sunmystic on November 8th 2011, 12:54 pm; edited 2 times in total
sunmystic
Administrator
Administrator

Male
Number of posts : 944
Hobbies : none
Tell us about yourself : I love the loving Divine
Appreciation Points : 1034
Registration date : 2010-12-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Conscious Mind Effecting the Autonomic Nervous System

Post by sunmystic on November 7th 2011, 1:36 pm

How does one's mind place thought in one's body?

There are two ways that this is done but the normal way is for one's mind to "feel" the body and/or parts of the body. The second way is to "visualize" in one's mind's eye. What one visualizes in one's mind's eye also effects one's body. But the drawback to visualization is that a lot of people can not do it. So keep in mind that the simple act of "feeling" your body also places thought and works great. "Hey body, I am noticing you! Smile " The simple act of one's mind noticing, creates activity and life (actually both in you and others, with the understanding though that sometimes things have been neglected for so long that the results do not immediately, or sometimes ever, show them selves.).

Last edited by sunmystic on November 8th 2011, 12:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
sunmystic
Administrator
Administrator

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Energy Field and Energy Centers

Post by sunmystic on November 8th 2011, 12:51 pm

One's body has an energy field that is both inside the body and around the outside of the body. When one places thought into the body they are actually stimulating this energy field which in turn stimulates the body is some way. The part of this energy field that is inside the body is divided into seven major energy centers. Body (the anus), sex, power, heart, nourishment, life, and existence (the crown chakra). There is also generally considered three energy centers above the head and three energy centers below the anus. Stimulating (placing thought into) these thirteen energy centers wakes up and activates the parts of the body and mind that they are in control of. Generally speaking if one is interested in advanced yoga techniques the goal is to wake up and activate all thirteen energy centers.
sunmystic
Administrator
Administrator

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Energy Centers and Health

Post by sunmystic on November 8th 2011, 1:30 pm

The energy centers in the body are further divided into a front system and a back system. The back system for all practical purposes is ran by the Pineal Gland and the energy centers that are under it's auspices are body, power, nourishment, and existence. For all practical purposes the front system is ran by the Pituitary Gland and the energy centers that are under it's auspices are sex, heart, and life. The Pineal Gland when on gives off "white light". The Pituitary Gland when on gives off "golden light". When both glands are on one gives off "golden white light". The three energy centers in the front are charging energy centers, the four in the back are energy reserve energy centers. When a person or animal is giving off only white light then they are running on reserves. When a person or animal is giving off golden white light they are charging the system. If a person or animal is not giving off at least white light, then they are either about to be very sick or are very sick and it is going to be fatal because their system is not charging and they have ran out of reserves.
sunmystic
Administrator
Administrator

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Stress

Post by sunmystic on November 8th 2011, 1:42 pm

The problem with stress is that it shuts off the three charging energy centers and one is running on reserves. If this situation is continued over time, it becomes fatal.

But now here is what is interesting Smile you can activate your charging energy centers on purpose even though they are not being activated automatically.
sunmystic
Administrator
Administrator

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Consciously Activating the Charging Chakras

Post by sunmystic on November 9th 2011, 1:59 pm

The absolute simplest way to activate everything at once is to focus your mind's attention on the area of your nostrils. I call it maintaining your pout. When one looks at the energy that a person or animal gives off they begin to notice that healthy people and animals all have a good pout. And when they loose their pout they get sick. What is funny is that focusing thought on the area of the nostrils, is that it wakes up everything all at the same time (feeling the bottoms of your feet or your nipples for some reason also does that). If you have trouble feeling the area of your nostrils then give them a light pinch with your fingers, this will help your mind find that area.
sunmystic
Administrator
Administrator

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Stress and the Stomach

Post by sunmystic on November 9th 2011, 3:19 pm

The instant that one feels any kind of stress the first thing that happens is that their stomach gasses up which then creates pressure on the diaphragm. From there this pressure on the diaphragm creates a cascade of effects on the body and the mind. Anger, fear, panic, scratchy throat, lungs congesting up, intestinal track gassing up, skin gets itchy, aches and pains appearing out of nowhere, blood pressure goes up, heart rate goes up, trouble breathing, and hungry for no reason are some of the main symptoms of pressure on the diaphragm.

Normally the stomach creates gasses as a part of the digestive processes and as this happens one belches thus allowing the gasses to escape. The problem with a stress moment is that the gasses in the stomach are not a normal part of the digestive process and the stomach will not let you belch. The simplest way to solve this problem when you begin to notice one or more of the symptoms is to breathe in through your mouth and then out rather strongly out through your nose. For some reason doing that relaxes the primitive part of the brain, which controls the autonomic nervous system (this tensing up of that part of the brain is what causes the stomach problem to begin with), thus allowing you do belch which relieves the pressure on the diaphragm. Breathe in through you mouth and out through your nose two or three times (taking a calcium carbonate tablet or two with the breathing also helps) and wait a minute and you will belch one or more times. Sometimes you might need to do the breathing series more than once depending on how gassed up your stomach is and how strong your brain is responding to what ever is causing the stress.
sunmystic
Administrator
Administrator

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

From Simple to Complicated

Post by sunmystic on November 11th 2011, 1:44 pm

[img]http://www.freethoughtpedia.com/images/Hindu-brahman.jpg[/img]

The above image is a graphic representation of the reality that I am exploring at this point in time. The reason that the hands and legs are out of proportion is actually to show that the individual in the picture is "Grounded". Because attempting to explore and wake up the areas above one's head without being grounded to one's body causes one's mind to become unstable. One's mind needs to be able to hold a picture of one's body before they start to explore the areas above the body to maintain ground to the body and which is also why one starts out with the lower chakras and works their way up through the body.

Last edited by sunmystic on January 24th 2012, 7:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
sunmystic
Administrator
Administrator

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

The Tree of Life

Post by sunmystic on November 11th 2011, 2:30 pm

This picture is also another version of the picture in the post before this one, also representing the area above one's head. The two pictures together show why the tree is considered an important part of the spiritual journey. One's body is the trunk and the roots are the ground.

Last edited by sunmystic on January 24th 2012, 7:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
sunmystic
Administrator
Administrator

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

The Four Corners and Beyond

Post by sunmystic on November 11th 2011, 4:46 pm

Our body mind physical reality has a right hand side and a left hand side and both of these sides as individuals has a front and a back. This divides things up into four quadrants sometimes referred to as the four pillars or corners. These four quadrants have to be brought into a state of balance with each other and grounded as a balanced unit before one starts to wake up the big boys, so to speak, that exist above the top of one's head. Otherwise the big boys wake up in an unbalanced way. When these four quadrants are brought into a state of balance and grounded as a unit they create what is usually referred to as the center pillar (the trunk of the Tree of Life). The branches part of the tree is level one of the big boys. This level is located just above the top of one's head and has to do with psychic abilities and the ability to consciously manifest one's desires. The next two levels above level one are still in the process of waking up and so at this time I have no idea what they do.
sunmystic
Administrator
Administrator

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

God Realization verses Self Realization

Post by sunmystic on November 12th 2011, 12:30 pm

In the Yoga world today there are two concepts floating around, God Realization and Self Realization. The Self Realization folks claim that there is no difference between Self Realization and God realization, The God Realization folks claim that there is a difference. Based on my experience there is a difference, with the understanding that the Self Realization folk claim that the only reason that I think that there is a difference is because I have not gone far enough.

So ok, lets start here: What does it mean to be Self Realized? With Self Realization you reach a point where you are God and this is done through the process of remembering what you all ready know. It is not the process of learning, it is the process of waking up and remembering. What is funny about Self Realization is that it is real and you do become Self Realized as God (with the understanding that most people do not reach that point, but they do develop some interesting knowledge and abilities). With Self Realization a personal relationship with God is not needed, one can be an atheist and still become Self Realized. God Realization requires a personal relationship with God.

I am running Self Realization and God Realization both at the same time, most God Realization yogis do (with the understanding that some God Realization yogis skip the Self Realization part because technically with God Realization it is not needed). With God Realization your body, mind, and soul, through "Love", become the dwelling/temple of God the Supreme and this Presence over time becomes stronger and stronger until that which is you and that which is God, become, for all practical purposes, not different, in union (yoga/yoked).

With Self Realization "Love" for God and God's indwelt Presence is not needed, all that is needed is the desire to develop one's own awesome potential. True union with God does not actually happen with Self Realization because God is not involved.
sunmystic
Administrator
Administrator

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

God Realization verses Self Realization

Post by sunmystic on November 12th 2011, 1:17 pm

With God Realization God's presence within you changes you, other than "Love" for that Presence everything happens automatically with no other effort on your part. With Self Realization it is "your" conscious effort, once you know how to apply it, that changes you.
sunmystic
Administrator
Administrator

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

The Thymus Gland and Stress

Post by sunmystic on November 13th 2011, 1:46 pm

The Thymus Gland is located in the upper part of your chest and is the workhorse of your immune system. This gland is stimulated into activity by the emotion love or the feeling that you are winning. Stress usually is caused by something that causes you to feel that you are "not winning". The feeling of "not winning" will shut down your Thymus Gland (if there is not something that you love to counter it). This is why stress can cause one to become sick, stress generally shuts down the Thymus Gland. Keeping a stiff upper lip as the Brits say (placing thought into to area of the nostrils) along with raising your eyebrows a little bit is the simplest way to keep the Thymus Gland up and running during times of stress. Feeling your heart center with your mind also works.
sunmystic
Administrator
Administrator

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Elrick on November 14th 2011, 9:39 am

Thank you Sunmystic for sharing here your experiences on these spiritual areas of human endeavours.
They are not only instructive but exceedingly reflective as well. I am certain Members and visitors to these forums will find resonance with your experiences and I wish to convey my personal gratitude for your contributions. I very much look forward to read and learn from your experiences.

~*~

Be well
Elrick

Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 120
Appreciation Points : 197
Registration date : 2010-04-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sunmystic on November 14th 2011, 1:06 pm

Elrick wrote:Thank you Sunmystic for sharing here your experiences on these spiritual areas of human endeavours.
They are not only instructive but exceedingly reflective as well. I am certain Members and visitors to these forums will find resonance with your experiences and I wish to convey my personal gratitude for your contributions. I very much look forward to read and learn from your experiences.

~*~

Be well
Elrick

Thank you Elrick, your words are very much appreciated. So Elrick if you had a yogi mystic with well over thirty years of experience and thousands of hours of meditation experience available to visit with, what kind of questions would you like to ask him about stuff? I am not a guru, I am just a fellow that has be up the pike a bit. I am kind of running out of things to post Smile

In my world this topic belongs to everybody and there is no such thing as a dumb question because everything has a purpose. And for some reason hot topics, no matter what is in them, create viewer interest which then translates to message board interest. I am kind of hanging out here in the Yoga forum because when folks come to visit this website "sunmystic" shouldn't be plastered on everything. You guys have had some really advance people on this message board, but the problem with being really advanced is interacting with others at the point that "they" are on with their own path, because the path is a part of the experience. So things become not about telling people what they have to do, things become about, "What are you doing and how is it going?" It is like the Oregon Trail, only there are endless paths to Oregon and we are all somewhere on one of them. "How is the water up ahead? How is the grass up ahead? What kind of obstacles are up ahead that we may encounter?" sort of thing.
sunmystic
Administrator
Administrator

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by d-knots on November 20th 2011, 4:31 pm

Stress and the Thymus Gland
is interesting
How many people really know about
this gland and what a profane
control on ones health it has....

Good tip.
Need to stay Loving myself...... Surf ...LOL
d-knots
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 762
Appreciation Points : 803
Registration date : 2008-12-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sunmystic on November 22nd 2011, 10:25 pm

D-knots Smile as long you feel like you are winning things will generally go fine with your immune system, it is when you don't that things start to go haywire on you. I have a lot of stress in my life and I very seldom feel like I am winning, so I stimulate my immune system with my consciences mind, at least when I am awake, and part of the time when I am asleep.
sunmystic
Administrator
Administrator

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by d-knots on November 23rd 2011, 1:18 am

LOL.....got it....LOL
LOVE
d-knots
Administrator
Administrator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Mother Nature

Post by sunmystic on November 23rd 2011, 9:41 am

Mother Nature has a program when it comes to the animal kingdom, She actively hunts the unhappy. When an animal is unhappy Mother Nature takes it out of the system, it gets sick and dies. Survival of the fittest, the fittest are always some version of happy and feel like they are winning Smile and this affects their immune system in a positive way. When they feel they have power, they are winning, when they feel they don't have power (feel vulnerable), then they are loosing. To much feeling vulnerable and Mother Nature takes them out of the system.
sunmystic
Administrator
Administrator

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by d-knots on November 27th 2011, 1:12 pm

Thanks for putting it together..
It's true
There was a time where I couldn't
get "I'm a Loser" out of my mind
and it was killing me.
I substituted it with willfully
saying "I'm a Winner" and it
worked over time.
So, whenever I barely touch upon
the Loser concept I try like heck to
run to the Winner side...LOL

I know that I needed to be Happy
in my LIFE after being so sad
'cause I already knew it worked
just getting back was a struggle.
I think I got used to the rut and
it was my comfort zone.

Good ThoughtsGood WordsGood Vibes

d-knots
Administrator
Administrator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sunmystic on November 27th 2011, 9:43 pm

d-knots wrote:Thanks for putting it together..
It's true
There was a time where I couldn't
get "I'm a Loser" out of my mind
and it was killing me.
I substituted it with willfully
saying "I'm a Winner" and it
worked over time.
So, whenever I barely touch upon
the Loser concept I try like heck to
run to the Winner side...LOL

I know that I needed to be Happy
in my LIFE after being so sad
'cause I already knew it worked
just getting back was a struggle.
I think I got used to the rut and
it was my comfort zone.

Good ThoughtsGood WordsGood Vibes

I cheated Smile I just consciously stimulated my autonomic nervous system, being happy is way to scary (remember the Walt Disney Bambi move and Hollywood in general).
sunmystic
Administrator
Administrator

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanilla2 on November 29th 2011, 11:35 am

Are we talking of "mind over matter" here. If so, reminds me of after giving birth many many years ago. lol. Both myself and new born baby was brought up to isolation ward. First night I had high temp and sweat was literally soaking from me, non stop splashing my face with tap water, wringing out my soggy nightdress. To be honest, to this day I have never experienced anything quite like this. I was not allowed out of the small room which seemed as if it was closing in on me, nor could I open a window. I poked my head as far to the window as I could for air, still I ran a temp and was so uncomfortable I could not get to sleep. So I laid on top of the bed, and literally willed myself to get colder. I did not move, kept myself as still as I could, willing myself all the time, saying over and over, " you are getting colder, you are getting colder" and yes that is exactly what happened, within minutes I started to feel colder and colder, until I managed to get back to sleep. If we truly put our mind to it, we can will ourselves to do almost anything. I'm sure nothing would be impossible.

Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 1209
Appreciation Points : 1613
Registration date : 2009-08-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sunmystic on November 29th 2011, 12:32 pm

Vanilla2 wrote:Are we talking of "mind over matter" here? If so, reminds me of after giving birth many many years ago. lol. Both myself and new born baby was brought up to isolation ward. First night I had high temp and sweat was literally soaking from me, non stop splashing my face with tap water, wringing out my soggy nightdress. To be honest, to this day I have never experienced anything quite like this. I was not allowed out of the small room which seemed as if it was closing in on me, nor could I open a window. I poked my head as far to the window as I could for air, still I ran a temp and was so uncomfortable I could not get to sleep. So I laid on top of the bed, and literally willed myself to get colder. I did not move, kept myself as still as I could, willing myself all the time, saying over and over, " you are getting colder, you are getting colder" and yes that is exactly what happened, within minutes I started to feel colder and colder, until I managed to get back to sleep. If we truly put our mind to it, we can will ourselves to do almost anything. I'm sure nothing would be impossible.

Vanilla, I am not sure how to answer your question. Yes your experience with using your mind to create an effect on your autonomic nervous system is what we are talking about and is a good example of what we are talking about. Basically what you did was to relax the medulla (the primitive part of one's brain that runs the autonomic nervous system) thus slowing down your heart rate and lowing your blood pressure. If you had been doing the breathing exercises that they teach in childbirth classes that would have done it also. Adding the concept of "will" to creating a mind to body effect is something that I have never thought about. I have always just went to the spot or area that I wish to affect and either stimulate it or relax it. It is kind of a mechanical thing. What is interesting, now that you have brought it up, is that "will" is involved even though it is running quietly in the background. The question now is, "Would things work better, in some sense of the word better, if I enhanced the presence of "will" to what I am doing?" I am going to have to look into that Smile
sunmystic
Administrator
Administrator

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Lighting Up Your Body

Post by sunmystic on December 8th 2011, 11:43 am

What you put thought into lights up and other people can see/feel this light.

The young lady in the above picture is radiating "Living Nourishment" with a bit of a heart center push. If you will notice, your eye is attracted to the area of her forehead that is above the top of her nose and is attracted to the area that is her throat. Most folks are not aware that they can and actually do see and feel what other people are radiating/putting thought into (and are feeling), but they do. One's eye is attracted to the areas of another's body that gives off light and this light is caused by the mind of the other, either consciously or subconsciously, placing thought into one or more areas of their body. The actors that we see on tv and in movies are really good at doing this on purpose, if they are method actors. Generally these people are called the beautiful people (folks that the camera likes Smile ) and we like to watch them and they do give off a lot of light that is fun.
sunmystic
Administrator
Administrator

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Living Nourishment Again