Spiritual Forums - Spirits Journey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Introduction to Reiki

3 posters

Go down

Introduction to Reiki Empty Introduction to Reiki

Post by Spirit-Being December 13th 2008, 7:24 pm

Introduction to Reiki

Copyright © 1998-2008 ICBS, Inc.

• Reiki is a Japanese form of healing that is becoming increasingly popular worldwide. What makes Reiki unique is that it incorporates elements of just about every other alternative healing practices such as spiritual healing, auras, crystals, chakra balancing, meditation, aromatherapy, naturopathy, and homeopathy.

• Reiki involves the transfer of energy from practitioner to patient to enhance the body's natural ability to heal itself through the balancing of energy. Reiki utilizes specific techniques for restoring and balancing the natural life force energy within the body. It is a holistic, natural, hands-on energy healing system that touches on all levels: body, mind, and spirit.

• Reiki (pronounced ray-key) is a Japanese word representing universal life energy, the energy which is all around us. It is derived from rei, meaning "free passage" or "transcendental spirit" and ki, meaning "vital life force energy" or " universal life energy".

What Is Reiki?

• Reiki practitioners channel energy in a particular pattern to heal and harmonize. Unlike other healing therapies based on the premise of a human energy field, Reiki seeks to restore order to the body whose vital energy has become unbalanced.

• Reiki energy has several basic effects: it brings about deep relaxation, destroys energy blockages, detoxifies the system, provides new vitality in the form of healing universal life energy, and increases the vibrational frequency of the body.

• The laying of hands is used in Reiki therapy also as in spiritual healing. There is a difference though. In spiritual healing, a person with a strong energy field places his or her hands above a particular part of the recipient's body in order to release energy into it. So, here the healer is the one who is sending out the energy. In Reiki, however, the healer places the hands above the recipient; however, it is the recipient that draws the energy as needed. Thus, in this case, the individual being healed takes an active part in the healing process as opposed to having a passive part in spiritual healing. The individual takes responsibility for his or her healing. The recipient identifies the needs and cater to them by drawing energy as needed.

• Although there are a few positions in which the practitioner is in contact with the patient (such as cradling the head), most Reiki treatments do not involve actual touching. The practitioner holds his or her hands a few inches or farther away from the patient's body and manipulates the energy field from there.
Spirit-Being
Spirit-Being
Founder
Founder

Male
Number of posts : 2293
Hobbies : Reading, Creating Things, Music, Meditating, and Being a part of Nature
Appreciation Points : 2727
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Back to top Go down

Introduction to Reiki Empty Re: Introduction to Reiki

Post by Spirit-Being July 18th 2009, 7:18 pm

Many Blessings

Last edited by Spirit-Being on November 5th 2009, 1:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Spirit-Being
Spirit-Being
Founder
Founder

Male
Hobbies : Reading, Creating Things, Music, Meditating, and Being a part of Nature

Back to top Go down

Post by freebie November 5th 2009, 1:06 pm

Thank you for sharing this. I have never heard of this but am willing to try it.
freebie
freebie

Female
Number of posts : 32
Hobbies : Gardening, Knitting, watching TV, and movies
Tell us about yourself : I consider myself a curious learner, I love to experience life and the things in it.
Appreciation Points : 40
Registration date : 2009-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit-Being November 5th 2009, 1:16 pm

Hope you enjoy learning about Reiki and find it to Benefit your Life freebie i know it has in my life. Namaste

Many Blessings
Spirit-Being
Spirit-Being
Founder
Founder

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by mia April 9th 2010, 1:22 pm

I am a reiki master.
Anyone want an attunement, I am happy to do it for an exchange of energy, say a reading, a prayer, etc.
You can download a reiki manual somewhere online.
And I shall answer any questions, if I can.

I am also
Etheral Crystal master,
Kundalini reiki master,
Elemental reiki master.

same as above re attunements
mia
Administrators
Administrators

Female
Number of posts : 983
Hobbies : Gardening, Driving,card crafting
Tell us about yourself : See my intro