Spiritual Forums - Spirits Journey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello Everyone!

+5
Vanilla2
23luda23
parrotlover100
d-knots
athorne
9 posters

Go down

Hello Everyone! Empty Re: Hello Everyone!

Post by HypnoDude September 22nd 2009, 5:07 pm

Many Warm Welcomes Aaron. And much gratitude for sharing your lifes Journey with us. May you enjoy your Journey here on Spirits Journey and may it consist of both teaching and learning.

Welcome Welcome Welcome
HypnoDude
HypnoDude

Male
Number of posts : 136
Appreciation Points : 91
Registration date : 2008-12-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit-Being September 12th 2009, 11:57 am

Hello Aaron & Welcome to Spirits Journey Forums :Hello:

I was very interested in hearing about the progress you have made on your life's path. As Vanilla2 said we all share our beliefs with each other. Through our experiences we find some important Truths that help us see more clearly. I too have went in many different directions learning and trying to understand the right way, but through my experiences i have learned the best scenario is to just Let Go. Remember the phrase Let Go and Let God Meditate I have tried so hard to become spiritual and it took me many years to realize that we are all spiritual. I found that one of the major blocks in my life was three words, TRYING TO HARD i pushed myself to limits i did not know i could bare, but it has led me to some important Truths.

I am very glad you could join us here, please make yourself at home you are amongst friends, your insights are much appreciated and i hope you find all the answers you seek.

Many Blessings
Spirit-Being
Spirit-Being
Founder
Founder

Male
Number of posts : 2293
Hobbies : Reading, Creating Things, Music, Meditating, and Being a part of Nature
Appreciation Points : 2727
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Wind-Dancer September 9th 2009, 8:17 pm

hello athorne and welcome to our community. sorry about the delayed welcome, i was in the process of moving. im trying to catch up on reading all the posts.
Wind-Dancer
Wind-Dancer
Administrators
Administrators

Female
Number of posts : 673
Hobbies : gardening, cooking, painting, fishing, reading
Tell us about yourself : Im half cherokee and half irish.Im very proud of my heritage. Im a rebel at heart.
Appreciation Points : 931
Registration date : 2008-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Linda September 9th 2009, 6:59 pm

Hi Athorne, just wanted to take a moment to say Welcome!
WELCOME!
:Hello:
Linda
Linda
Linda
Administrators
Administrators

Female
Number of posts : 757
Hobbies : Living
Tell us about yourself : I feel at peace outdoors, listening to nature, the birds to the bubbling creek, recharges my soul.
Appreciation Points : 1030
Registration date : 2009-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanilla2 September 8th 2009, 6:22 am

A very warm welcome Athorne/Aaron. Welcome From my understanding we here have many different beliefs and different reasons for joining this wonderful forum, I have only been a member for a couple of weeks myself and found that we are free to post or reply to whatever interests us, there is absolutely no pressure as to where or who we wish to reply to, and we all seem to respect each other for whatever their views/religions/beliefs happen to be. This forum has become a very valuable, interesting and informative learning cove for me.
Vanilla2
Vanilla2
Administrators
Administrators

Female
Number of posts : 1209
Appreciation Points : 1613
Registration date : 2009-08-18

Back to top Go down

Post by 23luda23 September 8th 2009, 2:25 am

Welcome Aaron Welcome I really enjoyed reading your introduction and looking forward to your posts. Jump in Love
23luda23
23luda23

Female
Number of posts : 381
Hobbies : whatever interests me-now more then ever
Appreciation Points : 541
Registration date : 2009-06-11

Back to top Go down

Post by athorne September 7th 2009, 5:04 pm

Thank you all. I am beginning to feel much better now. I was beginning to fear that I did not belong here. But your kind words of welcome have given me joy.

Thank you!
athorne
athorne

Male
Number of posts : 14
Appreciation Points : 28
Registration date : 2009-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post by parrotlover100 September 7th 2009, 3:43 pm

Welcome Aaron to spirits journey forums.thats why we are all here to learn from one another,and share experiences,and dreams to expand and grow spiritually.Their is nothing wrong with what you believe and as a matter of fact their is nothing wrong with what every one else believes i feel as long as were all open to all beliefs we can compare and learn from one another. Welcome Welcome Very Happy Thumb :library:
parrotlover100

Female
Number of posts : 454
Hobbies : reading
Appreciation Points : 425
Registration date : 2008-09-16

Back to top Go down

Post by d-knots September 7th 2009, 1:02 pm

Thank You

I am learning, too; so you can consider me a friend

I am not sure if I am the enemy yet

somewhere it was said that the enemy is the one that knew you well

and used that information and your vulnerability to hurt or damage you in some way....

so I am not the enemy yet .....LOL

Athorne, laughter is the best medicine and TCM ( Traditional Chinese Medicine) even Tibetans know "think positive" that you will get beyond the illness to a better state of being....

I want to walk with Jesus, too.
It's said Heaven isn't like Earth
although you could find a heaven here amidst the hell
- for how long you may ask - the answer is 'I don't know;
it just is'..... Have fun Learning, too.
d-knots
d-knots
Administrators
Administrators

Number of posts : 760
Appreciation Points : 799
Registration date : 2008-12-16

Back to top Go down

Post by athorne September 7th 2009, 12:39 pm

:Hello:
You wrote in your reply: I doubt anyone will dispel me from something I feel to be true - in tune with me

And I would not either. I did not want to preach my beliefs as being the only truth. Please forgive me if you took it that way.

No I completely accept that for you the Christ persona is a real person that you have a personal relationship with. And if I am to understand the spirit world correctly, then that belief makes it the truth as well.

I would even go as far as to say that after I arrive in Summer Land I may well get to meet him and I would be honored to do so.

What I meant to infer was that the Bible has failed my test of being historical fact and therefore I will not take it as absolute truth. I must therefore decide what I believe and pursue this truth as my path to righteousness and after life.

I suppose I must have a bit of Pagan in me because I refuse to burn any book whether I believe it or not. I still have a Bible (NIV Version) I also have the complete Book of Morman, the Torah, The Koran, The Egyptian Book of the Dead, and hundreds of others. I value every one of them.

When I said to throw out it was a bad choice of words and I apologize. I meant throw out in the political sense and not in the physical sense.

Thank you for your posts. You are not just funny, you are wise as well.
athorne
athorne

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by d-knots September 7th 2009, 10:55 am

Meditate

ok

You certainly have a lot of study done....

I never studied the Bible from beginning to end together

we took what we needed and left the rest naturally....

it's just echoed when we read about it in some composition....

Jesus can be scarry and he can be a beautiful model of a social persona

whether he was materially rich or poor.... The essence of what he stood for

reaching into generations of peace was the core of my understanding and

reaching for his blessing all these years....a brotherly symbol; I doubt anyone will

dispel me from something I feel to be true - in tune with me.... Some people have

a lot of problems with Paul the one the Baptists glean on in their teachings

but I have primarily been of the Roman Catholic religion all my life and still

pray in Roman Catholic churches as well as Baptist and any sacred ground I

can find...LOL.... I even believe that where I live is sacred ground because

it's ontop of a hill with awesome scenery and wonder how any

aborigione/native could have not considered the view a divine creation....

Hello Everyone! Neighborhoodmontain004
d-knots
d-knots
Administrators
Administrators

Number of posts : 760
Appreciation Points : 799
Registration date : 2008-12-16

Back to top Go down

Hello Everyone! Empty Hello Everyone!

Post by athorne September 6th 2009, 5:53 pm

Hello:

My name is Aaron. This name was given to my father 2 years before I was born when a voice told him "I will give you a son if you name him Aaron."

I am beginning to become highly interested in the studies related to what might occur after this body ceases to function. What happens to me, my consciousness, my persona, my self, what makes me into me. It seems to me that this body is insignificant compared to the mind that it caries. And there are deeper less concrete aspects of this life that hint at a separation of the mind and body. Such things as dreams, creation, discovery, and other things seem to clearly indicate that there is more to the mind than just the brain organ.

As my study has progressed, I began to loose my faith in the church doctrine. I have now found that I can no longer accept the official bible as being truth and only truth. The story of Jesus has been repeated dozens and possibly hundreds of times in our history alone. I believe it is a story that was designed to teach morality but is not really truth. With this in mind we have to throw out the New Testament and return to the Old Testament and more specifically the five books of Moses or the Torah, which ever you choose.

Then comes another problem. We discover that we must never worship false gods, must never place anyone or any god before the one god. The “Jealous God”. Yet Christianity teaches us that we must prey to Jesus and ask him for forgiveness or we will be condemned forever because only he can go to the father on our behalf. This defies the original instructions from God. God, being perfect could not and would not have us defy these instructions even with his so called son. I therefore must consider the doctrine of the Christian church to be in the Fringe arena and the bible prescribed by them to be mythology at best, and suspect at worst.

I further dove into my studies by looking for historical evidence of Jesus. After all, it was only about 2000 years ago and the Romans, Jews, and Egyptians all had extensive writing and record keeping habits. Surely there were records that could back up all the evidence suggested in the Christian doctrine. However, I found all of these sources to lack sufficient evidence to merit my believing them to be truthful. In fact the only evidence I have found so far are the Mag Harmadi and the Dead See Scrolls. Both of which were apparently written by very recluse and fringe in nature. I found I could no longer trust the Christians belief.

It then became obvious that I needed to start expanding my search for the truth. I began to study other religions and cultures and to be honest they all fell a little short of the mark. I began to realize that I was going about this all wrong. I was looking for some religion or doctrine to tell me how to think and believe instead of taking what I believe and expanding upon it. All the religions of the world (Except Atheism) have three things in common.

1. There is a God, or Design, or Intelligence that is creative and is responsible in some way for everything.
2. We are physical and spirit beings and the spirit can under the right conditions be separated from the physical.
3. There are other places that our spirit selves go after we die. And possibly before under the right circumstances and/or training.

So I began a brand new journey into study and discovery. My first task was difficult and took a while. I had to discover what I believed. Not what I was told to believe.

So is there a God? This was the hardest to answer. In finality I have to say yes. However, I still have to admit that part of the weight behind this decision is hope. But there are some examples that make me comfortable in believing in a creator. There are many paradoxes in life that demonstrate a need for there to be intelligent design behind them. For example: Flowers and Bees. Flowers are the reproductive organs of plants. However, plants are stuck in the ground. They can’t get together to procreate. However, Bees go from flower to flower in order to collect nectar and in doing so mix up the pollen and complete the cycle of procreation for the flowers. The amazing thing is that Bees rely completely on the nectar they collect to make their food. So without flowers they would die. And the flowers rely on the Bees, and their unique hairy design to complete their reproductive cycle or they would die. How could this perfect plant and animal symbiosis become into being by natural selection? There has to be design behind it. Intelligent Design.

Is there a physical and non physical component to my existence? I believe that I have both a consciousness and a subconscious. I also believe that the subconscious is connected in some way to the creator source or God if you will. The reason I say this is that I have been taught, tested, and tempted in my dreams and meditations. I also have heard voices calling my name on many occasions and I have had some very difficult prayers answered. I have also had extremely limited success with OOBE. So with a little hope added to the evidence, I would say yes that I do indeed have a spirit component of my self.

Do places exist where we go after we die? And if so, what are the characteristics of this place or places? Our ancestors have believed in these things for over 7,000 years of our history. Some of them believed so much so that many have spent the equivalent of billions towards that goal. Religions are all about the after-life. Some point towards reincarnation. Some towards a place or realm. I like this one better because it allows us to leave this hellish place for a much nicer and peaceful one. But the argument for reincarnation is a little stronger. Personally, I would like to leave this one behind for good. But I digress. My point is that I will not presume to argue against 7,000 years of wisdom using my tiny amount of life experience and knowledge to justify my arguments.

OK, so I guess to sum it all up, I believe that there is a creator source or God that exists beyond our ability to perceive or comprehend. I believe it is a Spirit being of the ultimate degree of perfection. I believe that we were created by this Spirit long before we were born. I believe that we were not sent to earth, but we came by choice to test ourselves and learn. I believe that there are multiple and possibly (maybe probably) an infinite number of realms or planes or spheres of existence of which we are in one. I believe that these different worlds are separated by the frequency of their existence, and in order to go to them you must change your frequency to match the new one. I believe that this is a very simple thing to do and that some of our most ancient ancestors were able to do it at will. I believe that we have forgotten how to do it now. But I also believe that we do it at night when we dream. Or rather our subconscious does it when it is not needed by our sleeping consciousness. I believe that these worlds are both above and below our present level. I believe that there are indigenous creatures as well that only live in these other realms.

In addition, I believe that my being named by a voice two years before I was born was significant. Although of what I do not know.

So I want to learn as much as I can as quickly as I can about all of the realms possible and if possibly do what ever is necessary to ensure my place in Summer Land and the higher realms.
affraid :Hello:
athorne
athorne

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum