Spiritual Forums - Spirits Journey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fasting

Go down

Fasting Empty Fasting

Post by Spirit-Being April 6th 2009, 1:58 pm

There are many types of fast, that can benefit each one of us throughout our lives. I thought i would share with you some of the different types of fasting.

The type of Fast you decide on is between you and the creator(s) what i choose to call "God"

Establish your fasting goals - why you are fasting?

Examples of fasting:
Full Fast - drinking only liquids (you establish number of days.) Consult your doctor.

Daniel Fast - Eat no meat, no sweets, no bread and drink water and juice. Eat fruit and vegetables. (veggie burgers are an option as well if you are not allergic to soy) Some people drink Ensure, Instant Breakfast, etc.

3-Day Fast: This fast can be any type of Fast, Full Fast - Daniel's Fast, Just give up one food. It could be a sacrifice other than food.

Partial Fast - Fast until 6:00 am to 3:00 pm or from sun-up to sundown-? this Fast can also be any type of Fast.

Fast of Sacrifice - giving up television or anything that would be a sacrifice for you personally.

"The sufferings which overtake beings are the fruit of their desires."--Gautama Buddha, 563?-483? B.C.

"When you fast, anoint your head and wash your face so that you do not appear to others to be fasting, but to your Father, who is in the secret place; and your Father, who sees in secret, will reward you openly."--Jesus Christ, c. 8-4 B.C.-29? A.D.

"She or he who does good of her or his own accord shall be rewarded, but to fast is better for you, if you but knew it."--Mohammed, 570?-632 A.D.

"Fasting will bring spiritual rebirth to those of you who cleanse and purify your bodies. The light of the world will illuminate within you when you fast and purify yourself. What the eyes are for the outer world, fasts are for the inner."--Mahatma Gandhi, 1869-1948

"The biggest problem facing the world today is not people dying in the streets of Calcutta, and not inflation, but spiritual deprivation. . .this feeling of emptiness associated with feeling separate from God, and from all our sisters and brothers on planet Earth."--Mother Teresa, 1979 Nobel Peace laureate

"In past centuries, there have been many learned teachers who have laid down various paths to the realization of Truth. Among them, Lord Buddha is one, and my study of Buddhism has led me to form the opinion that, despite the differences in the names and forms used by the various religions, the ultimate truth to which they point is the same."--His Holiness the Dalai Lama, 1989 Nobel Peace laureate

Many Blessings
Spirit-Being
Spirit-Being
Founder
Founder

Male
Number of posts : 2293
Hobbies : Reading, Creating Things, Music, Meditating, and Being a part of Nature
Appreciation Points : 2727
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Back to top Go down

Fasting Empty Re: Fasting

Post by Spirit-Being July 18th 2009, 7:46 pm

Each time i fast it helps me with self mastery over things.

Many Blessings
Spirit-Being
Spirit-Being
Founder
Founder

Male
Number of posts : 2293
Hobbies : Reading, Creating Things, Music, Meditating, and Being a part of Nature
Appreciation Points : 2727
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum