Spiritual Forums - Spirits Journey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Greater Cause

3 posters

Go down

The Greater Cause Empty The Greater Cause

Post by HypnoDude February 24th 2009, 2:10 pm

Some Good Reasons for Doing Good

With all that takes place in our lives, it can sometimes be easy to overlook the fact that we’re part of something greater than ourselves—a collective consciousness, the Universe, a greater cause. Because of our tendency to forget this, we might make decisions in our lives that don’t reflect that responsibility that comes with this belonging. All too often, we focus just on the short-term, tangible gain to ourselves without worrying about its consequences. Other times, we may discard the greater cause because it seems like “hard work.” The challenge is to expand our minds so that we transcend the distinction between self and others, so we are aware of how our choices and actions can impact a greater cause.

Contributing to the greater cause doesn’t have to be all about self-sacrifice. For example, if you plant a tree in a community space, its shelter will cool and protect you as well as your neighbors. Or, your reward might be in the form of the beauty that you now see in that space or the sincere smiles of appreciation from neighbors. When you serve the greater cause you also serve your greater good. There is nothing that you cannot do for your highest good that will not benefit the good of all. For example, saying no to a relationship that isn’t right for you not only benefits you but serves the greater good of the other person that you are honoring with your honesty. Saying yes to your dream job not only fulfills you but also serves the people that will benefit from your enthusiasm and productivity.

When you know you are serving a greater cause, there is little room for fear and doubt. You know that what you do will benefit others, so there is no way the universe is not going to support your efforts - even if sometimes it may not look that way. Serving the greater cause allows you to live from the space of your greatness.

When you know that what you do can serve a greater cause, you are aware of your power and ability to influence and create change in this world.

The Daily Om
HypnoDude
HypnoDude

Male
Number of posts : 136
Appreciation Points : 91
Registration date : 2008-12-10

Back to top Go down

The Greater Cause Empty Good advice for us all

Post by Wind-Dancer February 25th 2009, 7:26 pm

great advice. we could all benifit from this post. Sometimes our main concerns are only for ourselves. i have found myself thinking just that way many times, and had to stop and think about the situation.If we all would stop and think before we act it would be a better world.
Wind-Dancer
Wind-Dancer
Administrators
Administrators

Female
Number of posts : 673
Hobbies : gardening, cooking, painting, fishing, reading
Tell us about yourself : Im half cherokee and half irish.Im very proud of my heritage. Im a rebel at heart.
Appreciation Points : 931
Registration date : 2008-10-09

Back to top Go down

The Greater Cause Empty Re: The Greater Cause

Post by Spirit-Being February 27th 2009, 12:01 am

Very Inspiring HypnoDude

Many Blessings
Spirit-Being
Spirit-Being
Founder
Founder

Male
Number of posts : 2293
Hobbies : Reading, Creating Things, Music, Meditating, and Being a part of Nature
Appreciation Points : 2727
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest May 13th 2013, 8:18 am

I am the microcosm within the macrocosm.
But I am much more than this.
The macrocosm is in me.
I am a halted point of the everchanging All.
I am in the All.
The All is in me.
Thus I AM NOW.
This defines me

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down