Spiritual Forums - Spirits Journey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For Bob

5 posters

Go down

For Bob Empty For Bob

Post by HypnoDude February 17th 2009, 3:24 pm

From Bobs Site:

My name is Bob Skelding and I’m driving a wagon, pulled by four Percheron horses (3 mares and a gelding) on a journey throughout the United States. My only goals are to see new places, meet plenty of nice people like yourself, and to enjoy this great country of ours like it’s meant to be enjoyed.
I’m starting this trip in Deerfield, New Hampshire. I don’t know where I’m going or where I’ll end up, but I think I’m really going to enjoy the people and the places along the way. Come and share the journey with me.
The sole purpose of this trip is to travel by horse and wagon and meet people. I want them to share their experiences with me and I’ll share mine with them. I’m not supporting any cause, trying to achieve a goal, nor am I sponsored by anyone.
The reason I’m traveling in this fashion is because it combines all the things I like best and eliminates those I like least. Also, I can’t think of a cooler thing to do.

I have been following Bobs Journey since he entered Indiana in the beginning of December. He posts blogs almost daily of his Journey across the United States with 4 Percheron Draft Horses pulling a homemade RV style wagon, which started in July of 2008 in New Hampshire.

Bob posted pictures of the people he met, of his wagon, of the children sitting on the horses at the daycares and schools he stopped at. He was living his dream and enjoying every second of it.

Sadly, on February 11, 2009 Bob and his 4 Horses, DeeDee, Joyce, Dolly and Doc, and his poodle Clementine were in a horrible and tragic accident.

While in central Mississippi, near the Alabama state line, on State Hwy 45, Bob and his crew where hit by an 18 wheeler tanker truck estimated to be going 60-70mph.

DeeDee and Dolly didn’t survive the accident. Bob is in serious condition at the Rush Foundation Hospital in Meridian Mississippi. Clementine the poodle, and Joyce and Doc are all at a local Vets from the information I have been able to gather so far.

I ask of you to lift Prayer for Bob and his 4 legged Children.

For more information on Bob’s Journey please see his website:
(and you may add prayers to his guestbook)
http://www.wagonteamster.com/index.html

For other updates on Bob please see:
http://wagoneeringteamster.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=bobskelding
HypnoDude
HypnoDude

Male
Number of posts : 136
Appreciation Points : 91
Registration date : 2008-12-10

Back to top Go down

For Bob Empty Re: For Bob

Post by Dreamer February 17th 2009, 4:18 pm

I'm praying everyone recovers!!
YIKES 18 wheeler......
Dreamer
Dreamer

Female
Number of posts : 117
Appreciation Points : 36
Registration date : 2008-12-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit-Being February 18th 2009, 9:07 am

An amazing story, my prayers go out to Bob and his children (Pets) i shall also send him and his companions Reiki.

Bob may the holy angels protect you
May the light of God bless you
Be whole now and see the Glory
Healing Light shall enter you being
I send my love to you Bob.

I pray for Bobs companions
In the name of God make them whole
In the light of the divine bring healing
I am sending my love out to Bobs children.

Many Blessings
Spirit-Being
Spirit-Being
Founder
Founder

Male
Number of posts : 2293
Hobbies : Reading, Creating Things, Music, Meditating, and Being a part of Nature
Appreciation Points : 2727
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by parrotlover100 February 19th 2009, 11:48 am

Oh my i was really moved by this story of course my prayers will include bob and his four legged family.as i am also attached to my pets and they are also a part of my family. What a terrible tradgety. My prayers will go to their recovery. GOD BLESS their souls.
parrotlover100

Female
Number of posts : 454
Hobbies : reading
Appreciation Points : 425
Registration date : 2008-09-16

Back to top Go down

Post by HypnoDude February 23rd 2009, 4:20 pm

Thank You all for your Prayers for Bob.

He is on the road to recovery. He was taken off the ventilator last Monday and took his first few steps the following day.

Yesterday Bob made an appearance on his site and made a Blog entry. Which has enthralled all of his 'fans'. Here is his message:

Bob wrote:
2/22/09, Meridian, MS - In the hospital (and I will be for a while). But, like the mythological winged horse - Phoenix, we will be rising to continue the journey. Before that day, I’ll have to do quite a bit of mending, build a wagon, acquire a couple of new horses and train them. No insurmountable tasks, but nothing that’s going to occur real soon.

In the short term, my first task ahead of me is to mend an awful lot of broken parts.

In the mean time, I would like to thank all the wonderful people who have stepped up with their prayers, best wishes, offers to help, assistance and much else.

I haven’t had an opportunity to see all that has be been written, but I sampled a lot that has been written and I would like to extend my thank you.

I would also like to thank my family and friends and others who responded with their immediate help - Thank You!

I’ll be checking in from time to time with up dates on how it’s going.

The trip is by no means over - it has just be delayed while things are restructured
HypnoDude
HypnoDude

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit-Being February 23rd 2009, 10:11 pm

Wow Bob is resilient for lack of a better word. His story is very inspiring how i wish i could be more like Bob. Thank You HypnoDude, and most of all thank you Bob. Maybe this journey that he is on will be a Beacon of Light for me, Bob's optimism is what i find inspiring, things may be down but Bob sees the Ups of Life. Bob sees beyond the misfortunes and Bumps in the road because he knows his wagon (Life) will move along his God given path.

Many Blessings
Spirit-Being
Spirit-Being
Founder
Founder

Male
Hobbies : Reading, Creating Things, Music, Meditating, and Being a part of Nature

Back to top Go down

Post by HypnoDude February 24th 2009, 2:20 pm

Thank you Spirit Being! Yes I agree, Bob is an inspiration beyond words.

While checking the site for updates on Bob today, I found the following post. And article from a Mississippi newspaper, announcing his recovery status and that he will be released from the hospital some time this week!!

Dispatch Staff Report wrote:
February 24, 2009

Dispatch Staff Report

MERIDIAN — A New Hampshire man injured Feb. 10 when his horse-drawn recreational vehicle was struck by an 18-wheeler on Highway 45 South is expected to be released from the hospital within the next few days, according to hospital authorities.

Deerfield, N.H., native Bob Skelding, 49, was transported to Rush Foundation Hospital to be treated for head injuries after the wreck near the Noxubee-Kemper county line.

Though Skelding originally was listed as critical, his condition has improved steadily during the past two weeks.

As of Monday, Skelding had been moved to an outpatient room. This morning, hospital officials predicted he likely would be released sometime this week.

Though two of Skelding’s horses, Deedee and Dollie, died after the accident, the two surviving horses, Doc and Joyce, have made a full recovery and will be transported to New Hampshire after Skelding’s release, his family members previously said.

Can we say "The POWER of Prayer"? Wink 8)
HypnoDude
HypnoDude

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dreamer February 24th 2009, 8:19 pm

I'm glad Bob is doing better!
I hope he has someone close that can help him in his recovery.
Dreamer
Dreamer

Female
Number of posts : 117
Appreciation Points : 36
Registration date : 2008-12-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit-Being February 25th 2009, 9:20 am

My prayers will be with Bob during his recovery.

Many Blessings
Spirit-Being
Spirit-Being
Founder
Founder

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by d-knots March 2nd 2009, 10:13 pm

LOVE to Bob
it can heal the world...
thats why evil wants to quash it
so keep sharing it....
d-knots
d-knots
Administrators