Spiritual Forums - Spirits Journey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Existence of God

+2
Wind-Dancer
Elrick
6 posters

Go down

The Existence of God Empty The Existence of God

Post by Elrick June 10th 2010, 1:34 pm

This post was inspired by Wind-Dancer's post "Does God exist?"...

The Existence of God HAVONA_urantia

The existence of God

Is God real? Surprisingly, this fundamental question is simplistic in nature. It is solved by asking another question, "Where did everything come from?" Where did space, time, matter, energy and information come from?

Theists have always acknowledged an Intelligent Designer as being the source of all things.

However, the actuality of the existence of God is demonstrated in human experience by the indwelling of the divine presence, the spirit in the mortal mind of man and there to assist in evolving the immortal soul of eternal survival.

The presence of this divine spark in the human mind is disclosed by three experiential phenomena: the intellectual capacity for knowing God -- God-consciousness. The spiritual urge to find God -- God-seeking. The personality craving to be with God.

The existence of God can never be proved by scientific experiment or by the pure reason of logical deduction. God can be realized only in the realms of human experience; nevertheless, the true concept of the reality of God is reasonable to logic, plausible to philosophy, essential to religion, and indispensable to any hope of personality survival.

Those who know God have experienced the fact of his presence; such God-knowing persons hold in their personal experience the only positive proof of the existence of the living God which one human being can offer to another. The existence of God is utterly beyond all possibility of demonstration except for the contact between the God-consciousness of the human mind and the God-presence that indwells man's intellect and is bestowed upon man as the free gift of the Supreme Being.

Living truth is dynamic and can enjoy only an experiential existence in the human mind.
Intelligence grows out of a material existence which is illuminated by the presence of the cosmic mind.

This thing, being, state, or order of existence, or possibility of attainment which constitutes the supreme ideal of spiritual loyalty, and which is the recipient of the religious devotion of those who worship, is God.

God-consciousness, as it is experienced by an evolving intelligence , must consist of three varying factors, three differential levels of reality realization.

There is first the mind consciousness -- the comprehension of the idea of God. Then follows the soul consciousness -- the realization of the ideal of God. Last, dawns the spirit consciousness -- the realization of the spirit reality of God. By the unification of these factors of realization, no matter how incomplete, the human personality at all times overspreads all conscious levels with a realization of the personality of God.

~*~
Elrick
Elrick
Administrators
Administrators

Number of posts : 120
Appreciation Points : 197
Registration date : 2010-04-15

Back to top Go down

The Existence of God Empty Re: The Existence of God

Post by Wind-Dancer June 14th 2010, 3:19 pm

awesome post thanks for sharing

Love and Light
Wind-Dancer
Wind-Dancer
Administrators
Administrators

Female
Number of posts : 673
Hobbies : gardening, cooking, painting, fishing, reading
Tell us about yourself : Im half cherokee and half irish.Im very proud of my heritage. Im a rebel at heart.
Appreciation Points : 931
Registration date : 2008-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit-Being June 14th 2010, 5:03 pm

All i can say is Truly Amazing

Our Experiences and Wisdom shape what we now See.

Many Blessings
Spirit-Being
Spirit-Being
Founder
Founder

Male
Number of posts : 2293
Hobbies : Reading, Creating Things, Music, Meditating, and Being a part of Nature
Appreciation Points : 2727
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugars September 6th 2010, 12:48 pm

Why do we have sense of Humor?
Why do we even think of Good over Evil forth for faithful?
Who do we have churches at all even dating back to every temple that even existed?
Not just nature as evidence, why do we even have a father and a mother?

Why is good behaving so powerful to begin with at all?
Well you say, it get's our way. not only that but it's the way for shall be.

Why is there even a redemptive sense over forgiveness at all?

Why is there even a redemptive sense with peace?

What are the saint's and master's secrets?

This world is not eternal to us?
Why can't we just be souls that have adapter to reconcile as is with spiritual things as we deserve them so?
Why?
Why?
Why can't there be other dimensions of full life that connect to this bind life?
Why?
Why?
Isn't that scientific?

Well, Mr. Don't we want what is best?

Sugars
Sugars

Male
Number of posts : 9
Appreciation Points : 13
Registration date : 2010-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by sweet green ginger September 6th 2010, 8:29 pm

I agree with these questions that you have, Sugars.

I reckon a lot of the drama is that we want to look out for ourselves and we think it is sad if everything is dumb, boring and final. We would like to find out why everything just can't be nice, interesting and happy for all.

Also, that if there is more to what seems like just being born and dying for the hell of it than why isn't it clearer what we are supposed to do and if its not too awful we will do it - fer chrissakes, haha.

I guess there does seem to be more than this and hopefully there is, considering some of the horribleness we see in the world.

There are so many schools of thoughts and different knowledgeable people say different things or the occasional odd thing that we think, nah, they've just blown it for me.

All I can suggest in support of your wondering is:

something to do with, our sacred heart, temple of the soul.
sweet green ginger
sweet green ginger

Female
Number of posts : 61
Hobbies : symbols
Tell us about yourself : Plain at heart
Appreciation Points : 70
Registration date : 2010-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post by sunmystic April 9th 2012, 9:08 am

ah yes the Spiritual Journey, one is either on it, not on it, or some version of both. whether God actually exists really does not matter. What matters is, "What results are you getting in your own life?" What results am I getting?;What results are you getting?; What results are we getting?; What results are they getting?.

What matters is results. The question of God's existence is about results. My results, your results, our results, their results. Some people are on a Spiritual Journey and some people are not. Some people think that they should be and some people are busy doing something else. Some people think that being on a Spiritual Journey is stupid; others think that being on a Spiritual Journey is a quagmire of confusion; and still others think that being one a Spiritual Journey is the most beautiful experience that one could ever experience.

Is everybody on a spiritual Journey? Absolutely not. Should everybody be on a Spiritual Journey? It depends on who you ask. Most normal people are on a Spiritual Journey because they are seeking one or more results. They seek God and self understanding as an attempt to achieve these results. the whole thing is not about God, it is about results.

There are so many schools of thoughts and different knowledgeable
people say different things or the occasional odd thing that we think,
nah, they've just blown it for me.

This person got "crumby results".
sunmystic
sunmystic
Administrators
Administrators

Male
Number of posts : 944
Hobbies : none
Tell us about yourself : I love the loving Divine