Spiritual Forums - Spirits Journey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Life...

4 posters

Go down

"Life... Empty "Life...

Post by Linda March 31st 2010, 1:15 pm

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming ‘WOO HOO! What a ride!’” ~Unknown

I chuckled when I received this this morning from walkthetalk.com
probably because I like chocolate and martini's (-:
Linda
Linda
Administrators
Administrators

Female
Number of posts : 757
Hobbies : Living
Tell us about yourself : I feel at peace outdoors, listening to nature, the birds to the bubbling creek, recharges my soul.
Appreciation Points : 1030
Registration date : 2009-01-10

Back to top Go down

"Life... Empty Re: "Life...

Post by Vanilla2 April 2nd 2010, 5:58 am

That is the way I would wish to go, but knowing my luck, I would skid straight out the other side dropping my chocolate and spilling my martini lol.

Thats is very funny Smile

Edited to clarify that thats what would happen to me, if I did drink, but I dont, but I do like my chocolate.

Last edited by Vanilla2 on April 2nd 2010, 10:43 am; edited 2 times in total
Vanilla2
Vanilla2
Administrators
Administrators

Female
Number of posts : 1209
Appreciation Points : 1613
Registration date : 2009-08-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit-Being April 2nd 2010, 10:31 am

Life should be enjoyed, i will agree on that. I wish i could see through your eyes Linda, just for a moment, i just do not understand how a Martini or any Substance could be beneficial for the survival of the thrill, i know you Love Sunflowers & i know you take much care in them & enjoy watching them spring forth colors of yellows like the sun, could this be considered a thrill? Like i said in another post, i am not perfect, i make many mistakes, some i don't even know i'm making right at this moment. But i hope i can understand better one day. If martini's make you happy, then who am i to say anything.

Many Blessings
Spirit-Being
Spirit-Being
Founder
Founder

Male
Number of posts : 2293
Hobbies : Reading, Creating Things, Music, Meditating, and Being a part of Nature
Appreciation Points : 2727
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Linda April 2nd 2010, 12:33 pm

You are Right Spirit-Being, Martini's and Substances do not make for a Beneficial Thrill. There were times in my life when I skidded, maybe that is why it hit my funny bone. Nowadays, I do watch my step, I want to stay in control.
Yes, Nature is the best thrill, I gasp at every Sunrise and Sunset that I see, and thank God to be able to experience that. The sunflowers have come and gone, I will be planting more soon. There is a purple daisy that has been in my yard since last fall, I am amazed at the everlasting beauty, 2 white daisies just sprouted, and a few more buds coming through. flower Thrilling indeed!
I do thank you and all my brothers and sisters, for your feedback and friendship.
p.s. this avatar picture is of me, taken 2 weeks ago while vacationing in San Diego, California
with Love, Linda (-:
Linda
Linda
Administrators
Administrators

Female
Tell us about yourself : I feel at peace outdoors, listening to nature, the birds to the bubbling creek, recharges my soul.

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit-Being April 2nd 2010, 4:49 pm

You look so peaceful & alive in the picture, the person who took the picture did a great job capturing you in the moment.

Many Blessings
Spirit-Being
Spirit-Being
Founder
Founder

Male
Number of posts : 2293
Hobbies : Reading, Creating Things, Music, Meditating, and Being a part of Nature
Appreciation Points : 2727
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Linda April 2nd 2010, 8:16 pm

I was feeling joy and had taken a lot of pictures while the sun was setting, then I tried to take my own picture with the sunset behind me, but all I could get was my head. A lady on the beach offered and took my picture for me and I agree, she did a wonderful job capturing the moment! thanks (-:
Linda
Linda
Administrators
Administrators

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanilla2 April 3rd 2010, 11:59 am

You look free as a bird Linda Wave
Vanilla2
Vanilla2
Administrators
Administrators

Female
Number of posts : 1209