Administrator

Number of posts : 762
Appreciation Points : 803
Registration date : 2008-12-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Healers Treats - Journal

Post by Vanilla2 on August 8th 2011, 3:15 pm

I too am not sure about lavender as a tea.

Try nettle tea, you can buy it loose or in bags.

Benefits of Nettle Tea:
•This tea is made from leaves that are rich in vitamins A, B1, B5, C, D, E and K, iron, potassium, copper, zinc, magnesium, calcium and others. It also contains flavonoids, essential amino acids and proteins.

•The high levels of iron present in the tea are essential to improve blood circulation and to lower blood pressure. Acting as a diuretic nettle tea eliminates sodium from your body. It also decreases sugar levels in the blood.

•Again iron makes this tea anti-anemic improving on the overall well being of your organism.

•This tea is the right choice for helping in cases of physical and mental exhaustion. It stimulates your appetite, helping you to regain your strength in a healthy way.

•It builds up a natural defense mechanism in your body as well as eliminating viruses and bacterial infections.

•Nettle tea also helps with respiratory problems by fighting coughs, tuberculosis and asthma, clearing your lungs when you most need it.

•If you have intestinal disorders, nettle tea is recommended. It also helps with cases of dysentery, diarrhea, hemorrhoids and it is good for aiding the treatment of liver, bile and spleen diseases. It has a slight laxative effect, so best not to overdo it.

•Nettle tea may treat urinary infections, kidney inflammations and help prevent water retention. It helps to dissolve kidney stones and being a blood purifier, driving toxins from your body.

Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 1209
Appreciation Points : 1613
Registration date : 2009-08-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by d-knots on August 9th 2011, 5:32 pm

nettle is on my list now!
Thank You
d-knots
Administrator
Administrator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by d-knots on November 8th 2012, 12:07 pm

I have the nettle tea.

I can't tell if it helped me when I did brew a few cups.

I kind of put it to the back of the shelf.

I believe I did that because I am a common sense results type of person.

Truth is it did give me a result but not the way I wanted to feel.

I am probably better mixing it with Licorice (my staple tea). I am not sure of the contradictions because I gave my books to someone I thought needed it (I was probably showing off...LOL and regret it now - wierd thing is you don't know what you had until it's gone).

But some of my concoctions knock me off my feet so I have to mix them with water (I use distilled) to lessen the punch of the brew.

I haven't had a chance to try the Lavender tea yet. It is still on the list to do.

Let me know what is cooking in the medicinal teas...

LOVE
d-knots
Administrator
Administrator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by d-knots on November 8th 2012, 12:19 pm

FYI : )

Just been studying for my Bachelor Degree.

Hope everyone is OK after Hurricane Sandy.

New Jersey got hit bad this time.

Might be moving to North Carolina soon.

I will be back to NJ in about 10 years or sooner if I win the MegaMillion lottery...LOL

I am born, breed, and love my State for it's freshness. I live in farm county.

I reached the big 50 recently.

And I have a new baby grandson. He is 1 year old now. Mom likes to give him a Holloween themed B-day. I heard he was a pumpkin this year but I haven't seen a picture yet. Maybe we will visit more since they live in North Carolina too. It's like a good 9 hour drive between states and last time I recieved a speeding ticket near the VA/NC boarder - they love to trap, right there and it was my turn - darn it! The cost put me back several hundred dollars. I believe what they say about the Virginia police NOW! Trap trap trrrraaaapppp.

LOVE
d-knots
Administrator
Administrator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content