Spiritual Forums - Spirits Journey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why can we all just get along?????????

5 posters

Go down

Why can we all just get along????????? Empty Why can we all just get along?????????

Post by canadianmind October 11th 2009, 5:07 pm

Let me say first off, that I mean no ill will towards any people, race, or religios belifs at all. This is information that ive read over the last few years, and i have came up with my own conclusions on things, as we all should. I belive in a multitude of religions, and try to respect them all, because i think they they all have there own truths about them, and very subtle similarities. Once again, i mean no disrespect in any way, and if i do offend some one please let me know. I have to problem appologising, and listining to why I am wrong. So please correct me if im wrong. Id actually greatly appreciate it. So one more time, if i offend or disrespect anyone in any way, I appoligize in advance.

I love my grandma. Shes loving and caring and if i ever needed help i know she would without a second thought. Shes roman catholic, has sung in the choir for decades, and life a good spiritual life. Im catholic too, and to belive in some of the beleifs ( i think i belive all religions actually).

The few months ago she was over here, and we were chatting about something ( i cant remember lol). Somehow evolution was mentioned and she said " stupid, id wish theyd take that crap off, god did it, god made everything, it doesnt matter what they say, evolution doesnt exsist". I was actuallly slightly offended. She is very smart, and im not saying that god doesnt exsist (please read the thread "the truth as I see it " by me if you want. It explains what i think ), but how could some one not belive in something that is proven over and over for hundreds of years? Why cant science and religion get along? Actually why cant so many religions get along with eachother? Unfortunatly, and i deeply truely mean unfortunatly, it can be summed up in 2 single words: Fear and secondly ( and directly steming from fear), power.

Now it has been proven that there are really only 2 emotions ( once again read "the truth as I see it"), Love and fear. The earth is directly effected by our emotions, and our thoughts, and our actions. I think of it this way: What if we treated out bodies exatly how we treat the planet ( if you think about it most people do by the food we eat ( pollutiodn)), but what if we drain out our bodily fluids?( oil, gas, propaine coal). What if we blasted it with radiation? What if our boilogical clock fell out of syncronicity? ( falling our of "natural time")?

It is historical fact that the oldest ( and in many ways surviving) religions merged science, and farming and everything with there religios beliefs. The egyptians were kind of the middle man. They used fear tactics with there military force, and the pharoes feared the death, why else would they want to live forever? They needed fast resources to gain this, so they needed to gain power. Persians used fear. Burning everything in there path, slavery. They belived there religion was so right that they wanted to spread it everywhere, and did so in the known world at the time. Alexander the great feared death as well. The took many beliefs from presian culture ( he even took a persian wife), and even architecturaly. He then spread helenism throughout the known world. The people back then feared the gods, and worshiped then, offered them bounty, and sacrifices as well.

Now the religions that belive in jesus, or are stemmed from these religions, I have noticed, have used fear tactics. If you dont belive in god and do his bidding and live his way, you go to hell. The church has used fear for centuries to gain power and spread its word "in the name of god". But do you think god would want other religions to be wiped of the face of the earth by murdering people from other deniminations, or forcing it on unsuspecting native tribes?

Fear is now used more then ever today. You cant put a tv show on or watch a movie that doesnt make you angry, or fear in some way. You cant even read a newspaper without seeing war or murders. Such a simple messege jesus had, such a simple message that many religions have. How did it come to this? Why are catholics fighting cristians? Why do we fear arab religions? If you think about it, almost every main war was fought on religious or personal beleifs. Lots of religions teach us that you must listin to only your denomination, or fear the wrath of god. Dont you think god would like us to worship this beautiful planet and the animals and plants?? If god is everything why cant we worship him in everything? Wouldnt that still be worshiping god??

Science has proven many thins about our past. Good and bad. Why is it so bad to fear the bad things we did. Wouldnt it be better to let them known so we can learn from them. Learning is how we grow, other wise we wouldnt evolve. Im going to tell you about a creation story ive heared.: There was the one. HE alway is and was. He knew everything that would happen, and has happened. He created beings almost as all knowing and all powerful as himself called Valar. The all sang in three themes. The first one was brought to discord my melkor, a calar that had motives of his own. His discord spread to though s around him. Then a second theme was faster and better ten the first. it came to a great comclusion after melkor created more chaos throught the music. The third one was more beautiful, and mo music since has bees as such. Melkors discord casue the one ro rise up, and the end of this movement was so loud so wonderful and chaotic the one stopped and said let it now be... and the world was created and the valar become gods of water and air etc.

The point me me telling you that is whats wrong with saying that god jsut created everything, and knew everything but let other powers take care of everything else that werent as melevolent as the one true god? ITs one thing to understand why were here and who were are and our place in the universe, but who are we to really say what his will is?? Now again, im not saying that any religion is wrong. Quite he contrary, ALL religions are right in there way, they just need to stop fighting, and forcing and start leading and cooperate. Think of the truths if buddism and yoga and christianity got together?

Now science is in a word stubborn. Just becasue you cant get physical proof of something doesnt mean it doesnt exsist. We cant see gravity. You can feel it, but you cant see it. So whats wrong with feeling spiritual about science. What if god just created, and stood back?? If he knew everything, theres no point of changing anything correct? WHat if he jsut created everything at the beginning then let the billions of years go by and let things evolve on their own? It has also proven manythings that they cant explain or wont because it has something to do with spirituality. Science is new if you think about it. Compared to religion is a 10 year old. The adult wont listing to the kid because Èits just a kidÈ, and the kid wont listin to the parent becasue "they dont know what its like to be a kid" or its too stubborn to change its ways to undersstand the child. IF each put itself in eachothers place, and jsut thought about |"what would it be liek if.....?" The child should listin to the parent becasue theyve lived through it, and the parent should understand becasue theyve alredy been through it. One cant escisnt with out the other.

Spirituality needes to get rid of old habits, and needs to open itself up to truths that make sence, even if it conflicts with its own beliefs. Im nto saying there should only be one religion. But what if they were all worhiped together on one big building seperated for their own perposes, but open in the center for collective learning? If everyone stopped fighting and jsut stepped back and thought about everything and stopped listining to themselves and forcing us to listin to what they want us to hear, the world would at least have some representitive of peace.

There are small things and more and more people understanding how importiant it is to merge the two, ( at least two of) the most dominating forces on / of the planet; science and religion. If the parent understands and listings to the child, and the child speaks his own mind and has free will to understand that it has to learn from the parent, the relationship is the best thing for both in the long run. It is a joyus relationship that can conqour lots fo thins and go through things that would kill normal people or change then forever. If science and religon joined forses, it would pretty much represend the two halves of the planet, male female, mother earth father sky, etc. It would be a new dawn for man, a golden age for the planet. Science teaches us to respect the earth, understand how thins work, research, look for your own answers, and religion gives us moral and self knowledge, how to live and respect eachother, and nature as well.

Most religions say the same thing, live fully, love your family, love the earth, and universe, love man and mother nature, respect eachother and ourselves, ask questions, learn from the answers, LOVE AND PEACE, find your true self and the truth about everything. Spread your knowlege to help the good of eachother and the planet. Wicca has good teachings about the earth, buhdism, christianity and others have great mesages on how to live your life, tai chi martial arts and yoga and tantric and even sex helps us learn about our inner self and our true higher selves, and gives us bodies hard and healthy, astrology and peganism helps us relize our earthly connections and our connection to the iniverse. Science explains many many things, that we once though as godly, but now dont becasue they are proven by science. Whos to say that it cant still be godly in nature, god IS in everything, so EVERYTHING is godly. It has even proven religion wrong in many ways, just like i bet in a few years religion will prove some scientific things wrong.

I am not some one to tell people how to live there lives, but I think to truely be happy, we need to embrace others beliefs as much as ask questions. Instead of saying " it deosnt exsist", whats wrong with asking " how do you know evolution exsists"?, or " there is no god", ask instread " what is god to me?". There are many things that we just arent meant to knwo about untill it happens. I think we should stiop following and start leading and listining, live life to the fullest, respect everything understand our true selves, and how it works.

So let me just say, smile, breath, listin, know and think, and BE.

Peace forever

Jesse

"Breathe, breath in the air; Dont be afraid to care....... Look around, choose your own ground"......

PS Im sorry about spelling lol and some mistypes......
canadianmind
canadianmind

Male
Number of posts : 272
Hobbies : Playing guitar, reading, self discovery,music, hiking, fishing, martial arts lots more
Tell us about yourself : Seeking to know more about myself, ourselves, and our connection to eatchother and the universe
Appreciation Points : 342
Registration date : 2009-09-25

Back to top Go down

Why can we all just get along????????? Empty Re: Why can we all just get along?????????

Post by Wind-Dancer October 11th 2009, 5:43 pm

Amen
Wind-Dancer
Wind-Dancer
Administrators
Administrators

Female
Number of posts : 673
Hobbies : gardening, cooking, painting, fishing, reading
Tell us about yourself : Im half cherokee and half irish.Im very proud of my heritage. Im a rebel at heart.
Appreciation Points : 931
Registration date : 2008-10-09

Back to top Go down

Why can we all just get along????????? Empty Re: Why can we all just get along?????????

Post by canadianmind October 12th 2009, 12:04 pm

One word answers are always the best Razz thanks WD
canadianmind
canadianmind

Male
Hobbies : Playing guitar, reading, self discovery,music, hiking, fishing, martial arts lots more
Tell us about yourself : Seeking to know more about myself, ourselves, and our connection to eatchother and the universe

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteShaman October 12th 2009, 12:22 pm

Wow! Jesse! Wow!
Thank you for sharing your deepest thoughts and feelings.
The entire time I read your words, I kept thinking, here is a young men asking why can't we just get along and start to see things in a more constructive manner for all of mankind and yet the fact that such a young man as well as many more like you and the members of this forum feel as you do shows that we are learning to all get along.
Nobody was even questioning before and now they are!
Life is a like a pendulum, it goes all the way to one end before it starts back to center and eventually goes all the way to the other end.
We are at the extreme end of the pendulum and it is why many are looking for answers when they once would not of.
It's all good and we will find the center again...soon!
Great post! Good Post
Whiteshaman
WhiteShaman
WhiteShaman

Male
Number of posts : 495
Hobbies : Art, Nature, Volunteer work
Appreciation Points : 543
Registration date : 2009-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by canadianmind October 12th 2009, 12:34 pm

I honestly thought i was weird, like being so young and having these thoughts, but there are people on there that are around my age..it definetly made it a lot easier. I think its finally time that people open up there minds.

Ah i like the pendulum analogy. But i like to think it comes full circle. We were one with nature and the universe at the beginning, and now that we are at the end.... ot comes full circle...

It is truely enlightning to know that people are waking up!!!! Let it continue!
canadianmind
canadianmind

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteShaman October 12th 2009, 12:39 pm

I heard once the analogy of, not just a circle, but a spiral.
I liked it because it symbolizes change as well as cycling!
Just thought I would share that!
WhiteShaman
WhiteShaman

Male
Number of posts : 495
Hobbies : Art, Nature, Volunteer work
Appreciation Points : 543
Registration date : 2009-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by canadianmind October 12th 2009, 1:23 pm

:O Very good analogy as well! The only thing I dont like about them is that it has a beginning and end. And life has made it a point that it continues. But once again I say who are we to really know??? lol Just live life as you see fit!
canadianmind
canadianmind

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanilla2 October 12th 2009, 1:58 pm

I also believe in the saying "that life goes full circle" it doesn't have to mean we have now come to an end, what is wrong with it all happening again, life can go full circle many more times.
Vanilla2
Vanilla2
Administrators
Administrators

Female
Number of posts : 1209
Appreciation Points : 1613
Registration date : 2009-08-18

Back to top Go down

Post by sunmystic April 7th 2012, 12:31 pm

Three beautiful minds discussing the universal state of humankind and one of humankind's eternal questions. "Why can't we all get along?"

And now that our Earth is getting so small and Humankind is getting so big, "Why can't we all just get along?" has become a critical and poignant question.

Good topic Canadianmind and it "is" very critical to our times and the future times.
sunmystic
sunmystic
Administrators
Administrators

Male
Number of posts : 944
Hobbies : none
Tell us about yourself : I love the loving Divine
Appreciation Points : 1034
Registration date : 2010-12-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum