Spiritual Forums - Spirits Journey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

mohawk/onieda

5 posters

Go down

mohawk/onieda Empty mohawk/onieda

Post by canadianmind September 27th 2009, 11:39 pm

Even though I am as white as they come, I hame half native, and am proud to be so. I am mohawk and Onieda ( both iroquis tribes). My family is located near the black river in quebec, and the surrounding area. It is unfortunate that there is almost no information about there belives and culure. The only thing i can find out is their settlements, how they lived, and that they used to eat the hearts of there enemy. I would like to ask some of my family, but most of them never really aknowlege their roots. The say they are too proud and know for themsleves, so they dont have to talk about it all the time ( thats the impression that I get). Are there any mohawks on here??? If im lucky enough is there anyone on here from quebec or mabey even from around my falilies land??
canadianmind
canadianmind

Male
Number of posts : 272
Hobbies : Playing guitar, reading, self discovery,music, hiking, fishing, martial arts lots more
Tell us about yourself : Seeking to know more about myself, ourselves, and our connection to eatchother and the universe
Appreciation Points : 342
Registration date : 2009-09-25

Back to top Go down

mohawk/onieda Empty Re: mohawk/onieda

Post by Vanilla2 September 28th 2009, 4:00 am

canadianmind wrote:Even though I am as white as they come, I hame half native, and am proud to be so. I am mohawk and Onieda ( both iroquis tribes). My family is located near the black river in quebec, and the surrounding area. It is unfortunate that there is almost no information about there belives and culure. The only thing i can find out is their settlements, how they lived, and that they used to eat the hearts of there enemy. I would like to ask some of my family, but most of them never really aknowlege their roots. The say they are too proud and know for themsleves, so they dont have to talk about it all the time ( thats the impression that I get). Are there any mohawks on here??? If im lucky enough is there anyone on here from quebec or mabey even from around my falilies land??

Is the infomation you are looking for here Canadianmind.....................

IROQUIOS CULTURE:

People: The Iroquois enjoy a rich and varied culture that is more of a melting pot. They have, in time, included captives to replace those lost in war and non-members, who were part of the vengeance strategy. The Iroquois not only incorporate the vanquished and conquered, but also dedicatedly remold them and naturalize tribe citizenship. Women have always enjoyed an equal status with men in Iroquois society. Women are in charge of property, agricultural land holdings including dwellings and horses. The women choose to work as they please and in event of a divorce, the man is asked to leave the dwelling, with his possessions. Children are educated by matriarchal members of the tribe. There have never been instances of domestic violence against women.

http://www.buzzle.com/articles/iroquois-tribe-religion-and-culture.html

IROQUOIS BELIEFS:

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Iroquois_Tribe_Beliefs
Vanilla2
Vanilla2
Administrators
Administrators

Female
Number of posts : 1209
Appreciation Points : 1613
Registration date : 2009-08-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Wind-Dancer September 28th 2009, 7:13 am

i found this link a very good. maybe it will help canadian

http://blog.dreambuilders.com.au/journal/2009/7/21/ralph-p-brown-interview-on-finding-truth.html
Wind-Dancer
Wind-Dancer
Administrators
Administrators

Female
Number of posts : 673
Hobbies : gardening, cooking, painting, fishing, reading
Tell us about yourself : Im half cherokee and half irish.Im very proud of my heritage. Im a rebel at heart.
Appreciation Points : 931
Registration date : 2008-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit-Being September 28th 2009, 6:12 pm

My girlfriend is half Indian and i have always had Great Respect for Indian Culture. I feel so connected to Native Indian Tribes possibly because they were not influenced by outside societies. I have also felt Native Indian Spirits around me many times during the past 4 years of my life. I found this Video hope you Enjoy it Canadian.