Questions/A sign of the times

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Questions/A sign of the times

Post by Vanilla2 on September 11th 2009, 9:43 am

QUESTIONS

I asked God to take away my pain. God said, No. It is not for me to take away, but for you to give it up.

I asked God to make my handicapped child whole. God said, No. Her spirit was whole, her body was only temporary.

I asked God to grant me patience. God said, No. Patience is a by-product of tribulations. It isn't granted, it is earned.

I asked God to give me happiness. God said, No. I give you blessings. Happiness is up to you.

I asked God to spare me pain. God said, No. Suffering draws you apart from worldly cares and brings you closer to me.

I asked God to make my spirit grow. God said, No. You must grow on your own, but I will prune you to make you fruitful.

I asked for all things that I might enjoy life. God said, No. I will give you life so that you may enjoy all things.

I ask God to help me LOVE others, as much as he loves me. God said... Ahhhh, finally you have the idea.

A SIGN OF THE TIMES

They lie on the table, side by side The Holy Bible and the TV Guide.

One is well worn, but cherished with pride (Not the Bible, but the TV Guide)

One is used daily to help folks decide. (Not the Bible: it's the TV Guide.)

As the pages are turned, what shall they see Oh, what does it matter?...turn on the TV.

Then confusion reigns, they can't all agree on what they shall watch on the old TV.

So they open the book in which they confide (No, not the Bible.....it's the TV Guide.)

The Word of God is seldom read. Maybe a verse e'er they fall into bed.

Exhausted and sleepy and tired as can be... not from reading the Bible-from watching TV.

So then back to the table, side by side, lay the Holy Bible and the TV Guide.

No time for prayer....no time for the Word. The plan of salvation is seldom heard.

But forgiveness of sin so full and free is found in the Bible.....NOT on TV!

Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 1209
Appreciation Points : 1613
Registration date : 2009-08-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Questions/A sign of the times

Post by Wind-Dancer on September 13th 2009, 9:30 am

amen , people put much to much emphasis on tv today. most cant get thru the day without watching tv or at least having it on. such a waste of time. if we put ourselves wholely on our salvation we would be much happier.a lot of people live in a fairytale world actually trying to live like the people in the progams they watch.. we all question with what ifs and ask why we dont receive the things we ask for. if the average person gave god even half the hours that we devote to tv our lives would be fulfilled.
Unfortunately, televisions are in most houses in the world that keep people busy and cause them to have no time for God. That "idol of the hour" is TELEVISION! When God is looking down on His people seeking those who are worshiping Him in spirit and truth, what does He see? Does He see all His people busy studying His Word, or on their knees praying to Him, or spreading the gospel message to the world? No! He sees most of His people sat wasting their lives in front of the television. I truly believe that the tv is one of satan's tools to draw people away from God. Time is short friend, Jesus will return soon, get rid of that mindless box and give your spare time to Bible study and prayer and doing good works and getting back that good Christian family unit. Yes, the tv is also used for spreading the gospel, as God can make light out of darkness, but most of the time consumed in front of the tv is watching the many mindless sinful programs the world has to offer.
How much time do you spend in front of the tv? Do you spend more time watching tv, than studying the Word of God in the Bible? If so, then you really need to get rid of that box, because that has become your god. Remember, anything that we spend more time with than God, then that thing is our idol and god.

Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 673
Hobbies : gardening, cooking, painting, fishing, reading
Tell us about yourself : Im half cherokee and half irish.Im very proud of my heritage. Im a rebel at heart.
Appreciation Points : 931
Registration date : 2008-10-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by parrotlover100 on September 13th 2009, 6:29 pm

Ok wow!!! Vanilla2 and Wind-Dancer.To your posts i just read wow! great ..what eye openers both posts are.Your questions/and a sign of the times was fantastic and how true but to see the words coming back at you as you were reading them were truly eye openers.great .Wind-Dancer you couldn't have said it better about the t.v.We need to watch less t.v.and devote more time to God and his word.pick up the Bible, any Bible or religion you choose if you take the time to read and practice the good works you will gain spiritually becoming a better person and live a happier life.T.V. won't give you that. Amen.Great posts Guys. Thank You Very Happy Thumb Good Post Praying :lovesigh: Hugs

parrotlover100

Female
Number of posts : 455
Hobbies : reading
Appreciation Points : 428
Registration date : 2008-09-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit-Being on September 13th 2009, 8:38 pm

I do feel that in this technological world we live in where material has become the forefront of the average person's pleasures. I must say that it has been a huge damper on our way of life. But i do think that we as people are awakening to our true nature each and every day. We are the Light of the World and when we shine that Light forth we help others realize their true nature. Each day more and more people are beginning to see the truth that television has provided many negatives and some positives, just as the internet has done. I feel that the television & Internet can be used as spiritual tools, if we are passionate about learning the Spiritual Way. For me i do watch television and have found many spiritual truths through the programs i have watched, mostly i will watch paranormal shows & movies to understand the afterlife and what happens to us when we move on from this earth. I also watch many documentaries on religions and spiritual paths. I stay away from mob movies, action movies with guns, or any movies that do not provide learning for me. When i watch programs i always try to look for the teaching.

The negatives have consumed many and i used to be consumed by them as well, watching unhealthy programs that had absolutely no meaning for me.

Because i am using these technological inventions for spiritual purposes i find it hard for myself to get away from them. Although i have cut down watching television since my passion has arised Growing and Learning Spiritually.

To get away from television is very healthy i will say that many people i have talked to on forums have given these material things up and they are living a much more fulfilling life, i too am working towards this in doing so i hope to read more books including the Bible, Torah, Koran, Bhagavad Gita, Bardo Thodol, nag hammadi... i also hope to write a book in the near future to leave behind for the next generation of people, when i finally move on from this earth. whether this book shall be written is one that i shall hope for, i will listen for my guidance. I have this mission that i have been called to do and to fulfill, and am working at it each and every day, just as i believe we all have a path to follow and a mission to fulfill.

Wonderful Post Vanilla2 it was very inspiring Rainbow

Many Blessings

Quantum Alchemy
Spirit-Being
Administrator
Administrator

Male
Number of posts : 2276
Hobbies : Reading, Creating Things, Music, Meditating, and Being a part of Nature
Appreciation Points : 2686
Registration date : 2008-09-14

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/spiritsjourneyforum

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanilla2 on September 14th 2009, 4:25 am

Thank You Wind-Dancer, Parrotlover and Spirit-Being for your wise comments, I hardly watch TV at all, I much prefer the computer, but computers if misused can be just as damaging, saying that, if I didn't use the computer I wouldn't be learning and posting on this wonderful forum Very Happy Both the TV and computer if used correctly and not abusively could benefit our spiritual awareness, but neither can ever replace the Bible.

Administrator
Administrator

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wind-Dancer on September 15th 2009, 9:25 am

So true Vanilla2 . I too prefer the computer . Both tv and computer can be a learning tool if used in the right way.

Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 673
Hobbies : gardening, cooking, painting, fishing, reading
Tell us about yourself : Im half cherokee and half irish.Im very proud of my heritage. Im a rebel at heart.
Appreciation Points : 931
Registration date : 2008-10-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit-Being on September 15th 2009, 5:46 pm

Vanilla2 wrote:Both the TV and computer if used correctly and not abusively could benefit our spiritual awareness, but neither can ever replace the Bible.

I couldn't agree more Vanilla2 Stated Beautifully :lovesigh:

Many Blessings

Quantum Alchemy
Spirit-Being
Administrator
Administrator

Male
Number of posts : 2276
Hobbies : Reading, Creating Things, Music, Meditating, and Being a part of Nature
Appreciation Points : 2686
Registration date : 2008-09-14

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/spiritsjourneyforum

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanilla2 on September 16th 2009, 4:51 am

Spirit-Being wrote:
Vanilla2 wrote:Both the TV and computer if used correctly and not abusively could benefit our spiritual awareness, but neither can ever replace the Bible.

I couldn't agree more Vanilla2 Stated Beautifully :lovesigh:

Many Blessings

Ah bless you Spirit-Being Hugs Very Happy

Administrator
Administrator

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down