Spiritual Forums - Spirits Journey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 of Swords

+6
wyldeflower
Serenity - Dawn
d-knots
Wind-Dancer
Linda
Spirit-Being
10 posters

Go down

5 of Swords Empty 5 of Swords

Post by Spirit-Being August 21st 2009, 8:41 pm

Today this card was drawn for me, if you would like to take a shot and share your interpretation of this card it would be greatly appreciated.

5 of Swords 5ofswords

Also if you would like a 1 card reading please sit quietly and choose a number 1 - 78 post it here, i will shuffle the rider waite tarot deck and count the cards until i reach the number you have chosen. I am new at this so please bare with me i think it will be fun and maybe some members here could take a shot at interpreting the card as well. This helps with practicing and using our intuition as does dream interpretation, and many other situations in life.

Note: if you own a tarot deck and would like to take a shot at doing readings feel free to.

Many Blessings
Spirit-Being
Spirit-Being
Founder
Founder

Male
Number of posts : 2293
Hobbies : Reading, Creating Things, Music, Meditating, and Being a part of Nature
Appreciation Points : 2727
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Back to top Go down

5 of Swords Empty Re: 5 of Swords

Post by Linda August 21st 2009, 9:03 pm

Victory is the word that popped into my head. You fought the battle, but you were not alone.
(-: Linda
Linda
Linda
Administrators
Administrators

Female
Number of posts : 757
Hobbies : Living
Tell us about yourself : I feel at peace outdoors, listening to nature, the birds to the bubbling creek, recharges my soul.
Appreciation Points : 1030
Registration date : 2009-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Wind-Dancer August 21st 2009, 10:28 pm

be careful that your victory doesnt consume you.When the Five of Swords appears and you feel that you are on the winning side this time, there is still a warning to heed. Arrogance and pride often come hand in hand with a difficult victory such as this, and you must be careful not to think you are invincible. You have overcome a challenge, and you have the right to feel proud, but know that there will be other foes to face and that some of them will eventually defeat you. Declaring your invincibility is an invitation for someone to prove you wrong.
Wind-Dancer
Wind-Dancer
Administrators
Administrators

Female
Number of posts : 673
Hobbies : gardening, cooking, painting, fishing, reading
Tell us about yourself : Im half cherokee and half irish.Im very proud of my heritage. Im a rebel at heart.
Appreciation Points : 931
Registration date : 2008-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit-Being August 23rd 2009, 6:45 pm

Linda wrote:Victory is the word that popped into my head. You fought the battle, but you were not alone.

Thank You Linda you did very well Thumb many times i do feel like im in a battle with 2 separate sides of myself, kind of like the good & bad aspects of myself like you may have seen in movies where you see an Angel on one side & the Devil on the other, and each time i do feel like the Good Angel wins out every time.

Many Blessings
Spirit-Being
Spirit-Being
Founder
Founder

Male
Hobbies : Reading, Creating Things, Music, Meditating, and Being a part of Nature

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit-Being August 23rd 2009, 6:55 pm

Wind-Dancer wrote:be careful that your victory doesnt consume you.When the Five of Swords appears and you feel that you are on the winning side this time, there is still a warning to heed. Arrogance and pride often come hand in hand with a difficult victory such as this, and you must be careful not to think you are invincible. You have overcome a challenge, and you have the right to feel proud, but know that there will be other foes to face and that some of them will eventually defeat you. Declaring your invincibility is an invitation for someone to prove you wrong.

Thank You Wind-Dancer another wonderful interpretation, i must say that over confidence can and usually does lead me to make mistakes and there have been many times i felt i was invincible like i was on top of the world & nothing could bring me down, but i learn through these experiences if i stay Humble and realize that there is always someone looking out for me, and i am constantly being helped and guided in this life. Then to be Humble would make it much easier to go with the flow of life.

Many Blessings
Spirit-Being
Spirit-Being
Founder
Founder

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by d-knots November 11th 2009, 11:09 am

I've heard and applied to Spirit messages
that the number 5 means Change, in a nutshell....LOL

so I lean toward Wind-Dancer's extended interpretation
and, of course, the readee has to see how it guides them
going forward or currently....

I am thinking of number 52...LOL...appropriate number of cards in a deck...LOL...
the standard gamblers deck....LOL Duck
d-knots
d-knots
Administrators
Administrators

Number of posts : 760
Appreciation Points : 799
Registration date : 2008-12-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Serenity - Dawn November 11th 2009, 12:38 pm

The Interpretation that I have for the 5 of swords is:

You're feeling overwhelmed, & low in spirits. Now is the time for re-organizing. You are not as powerless as you may feel..

I just checked on the date of this post, & it was back in August.. So this interpretation probably doesn't even apply anymore. I should've looked first..

Spirit Being wrote:
Note: if you own a tarot deck and would like to take a shot at doing readings feel free to.

I would be happy to do a reading for anyone who does not have a Tarot deck of their own..
Serenity - Dawn
Serenity - Dawn

Female
Number of posts : 284
Hobbies : I love astral travelling...
Tell us about yourself : I love animals, and nature. I believe we all come from the same Divine Sacred Source, and we are all entwined as one, with the universe.
Appreciation Points : 307
Registration date : 2009-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit-Being November 11th 2009, 5:59 pm

It is fine Serenity - Dawn thank you so much for your interpretation and i feel your post was needed or you would not have added it. Your interpretaion of the 5 of swords really does fit my life even if it was drawn in august.

Serenity - Dawn wrote:You're feeling overwhelmed, & low in spirits. Now is the time for re-organizing. You are not as powerless as you may feel..

This is right on with how i am feeling, each day seems to get better and i am grateful that nothing lasts forever or i would be in serious trouble Tears

Many Blessings
Spirit-Being
Spirit-Being
Founder
Founder

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by wyldeflower July 7th 2010, 3:35 pm

I see the 5 of swords as moving away from a situation or someone where you cant win They could be a bully or someone who allways has to have their own way and to walk away is the answer the person selecting the card needs clarity of the mind and to be strong and make the decision to move along.
wyldeflower
wyldeflower

Female
Number of posts : 3
Hobbies : photography,cycling,walking,gardening,
Tell us about yourself : married and i am very down to earth and honest.
Appreciation Points : 5
Registration date : 2010-07-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit-Being July 13th 2010, 1:33 pm

Thanks wyldeflower, it seems to fit my current situation.

I feel quite stuck at the moment, it is time to move on Thumb

Many Blessings
Spirit-Being
Spirit-Being
Founder
Founder

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by sweet green ginger August 25th 2010, 9:39 am

Hello Spirit-Being, I was just looking around as I am apt to do and found this site and your tarot posting.

August 2009 was a long time ago now.

I'm going to give it a shot anyhow.

Do you have gravel on a drive/pathway that you like to keep neat, almost like a nicely maintained zen garden?

If not, I will think further on its meaning. If so, was someone younger and not so mindful of the sanctity you place on even gravel - kind of etching it around haphazardly by a bicycle or vehicle?
sweet green ginger
sweet green ginger

Female
Number of posts : 61
Hobbies : symbols
Tell us about yourself : Plain at heart
Appreciation Points : 70
Registration date : 2010-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit-Being September 26th 2010, 12:18 pm

sweet green ginger wrote:Do you have gravel on a drive/pathway that you like to keep neat, almost like a nicely maintained zen garden?

You have picked up on a drive/pathway, that i do like to keep neat. At the moment it is not as neat as i would Like and it has been, weighing on my Mind. There are Sunflowers along the Edge, Near the Drive Way, and Since its been Cooling Down outside, i have been Tending to them Less, and they are Beginning to Wither & Die, It sort of makes me feel Sad, But with all Death Comes Forth New Life.

sweet green ginger wrote:If not, I will think further on its meaning. If so, was someone younger and not so mindful of the sanctity you place on even gravel - kind of etching it around haphazardly by a bicycle or vehicle?

You have also picked up on, toys laying on the drive/pathway, which have been also weighing on my mind, i don't know how many times i've looked over at the toys lying there & have not picked them up. There's a Sand Bucket (Red) sitting on the Glass Table Outside, and a Childs Golf Holder, with wheels on it, and 1 gold club laying on the drive/pathway. I appreciate you Insight sweet green ginger, you were right on.

Many Blessings
Spirit-Being
Spirit-Being
Founder
Founder

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by sweet green ginger September 27th 2010, 3:05 am

Thank you Spirit-Being for your kindness.

I love tarot and symbols in general.
sweet green ginger
sweet green ginger

Female
Number of posts : 61
Hobbies : symbols
Tell us about yourself : Plain at heart
Appreciation Points : 70
Registration date : 2010-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post by peaceandkarma May 2nd 2011, 7:16 pm

The illustration on the card tell of victory in your current situation. I would find peace with the defeated party.
peaceandkarma
peaceandkarma

Male
Number of posts : 104
Tell us about yourself : I'm interested in all things New Age and Spiritualism
Appreciation Points : 120
Registration date : 2011-03-24

Back to top Go down

Post by laura ann April 5th 2012, 7:04 pm

this is very old but just some thoughts...
5 is half of a whole...
5 is about change and expansion
5 of swords often represents someone who is anti social or likes to isolate themselves
5 is half of the perfect number 10
both hands have five fingers that total a perfect ten
5 represents Gods grace
5 is the number of preperation
5 loaves of bread fed the mutitudes
Benjamin received 5 times more food then Joseph did
so five in itself is important
--------------
swords is the fall of the year
swords looks to the west
five of swords is represented by the color scarlet
5 swords is about an Aquarias and is ruled by the planet Venus
it dependig on crds around it can be showing menatl illnesses
to me it shows
discomfort, struggles, defet, one who accepts their limitations, sometimes a persion is doing malicious work behind ones back, need self protection, an uncomfortable truce or simply i s showing the loss of a friend.

jsut some thought s on this card
laura ann
laura ann
Administrators
Administrators

Number of posts : 664
Appreciation Points : 1026
Registration date : 2012-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by laura ann April 5th 2012, 7:14 pm

Spirit being is that how you draw your guidance card... to pick a number
then shuffle your cards
then count them till reach the number????????????????

that is an interesting method .. if that is it what you meant it is a new concept I have not seen before.. interesting.
so is the principle to let intuition help you decde on the efffective number you need to receive that day?
laura ann
laura ann
Administrators
Administrators

Number of posts : 664
Appreciation Points : 1026
Registration date : 2012-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by sunmystic April 7th 2012, 1:07 pm

after a battle there was good money to be made by picking up the discarded weapons and armor to be sold as scrap or sold as used weapons. The fellow in the picture has a nice smile on his face and seems to be holding treasure. One man's loss is another man's gain.
sunmystic
sunmystic
Administrators
Administrators

Male
Number of posts : 944
Hobbies : none
Tell us about yourself : I love the loving Divine
Appreciation Points : 1034
Registration date : 2010-12-04

Back to top Go down