Relationships

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Relationships

Post by Spirit-Being on August 9th 2009, 3:39 pm

Samael Aun Weor wrote:It is urgent to know how to lead a married life. The fights between husband and wife are
of Satan. He stru against the Serpent Bird. He wants to damage the Great Work. We need
to understand the necessity of tolerating the defects of our husband or wife, be- cause no
one is perfect.

In my life i have had many arguments with my girlfriend, and every time i come out feeling really horrible. Somehow in my heart i know that i was the cause of it, but taking blame for this has been very hard to do. My problem is i do not listen most of the time, and this is something i must learn to do more of. At times i can be very dominating another aspect of myself that needs fixing, to be humble is the greatest states of peace, there will never be arguments if one person in the relationship is humble, it may actually begin to influence the other person in the relationship. Much work to do!

How do you handle disagreements in your relationships (friends, family, people)? or How have you handled them in the past?

Many Blessings

Administrator

Male
Number of posts : 2276
Hobbies : Reading, Creating Things, Music, Meditating, and Being a part of Nature
Appreciation Points : 2686
Registration date : 2008-09-14

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/spiritsjourneyforum

Back to top Go down

Re: Relationships

Post by 23luda23 on August 10th 2009, 12:30 pm

I used to get very upset and always try to prove my point which resulted in argument. Now most of the time I will just walk away but sometimes I forget and do it automatically. Because everybody is deferent, every relationship is also, different some people are more difficult them others. I think the problem is that most people already have certain expectations of what their partner should be (based on fantasy, book, family or society standards) and when they donít get what they want or expect they throw a fit. Selfishness, pride, fear and competition are the biggest barriers between two or more people. If just one partner can remove these from his/her life and live in Love the other partner will eventually fallow the example (in most normal relationships that is).
23luda23

Female
Number of posts : 382
Hobbies : whatever interests me-now more then ever
Appreciation Points : 544
Registration date : 2009-06-11

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/luda23h

Back to top Go down

Post by Wind-Dancer on August 11th 2009, 10:21 am

your right luda, i try not to argue i try to get away from the subject. i greatly dislike arguing. i try to avoid it in many ways. walking away , changing the subject, just agreeing etc.

Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 673
Hobbies : gardening, cooking, painting, fishing, reading
Tell us about yourself : Im half cherokee and half irish.Im very proud of my heritage. Im a rebel at heart.
Appreciation Points : 931
Registration date : 2008-10-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit-Being on August 11th 2009, 10:28 am

Thank you Luda & Wind-Dancer i shall try to do exactly as both of you have posted above, i know it will not be easy but very rewarding.

Many Blessings

Administrator

Male
Number of posts : 2276
Hobbies : Reading, Creating Things, Music, Meditating, and Being a part of Nature
Appreciation Points : 2686
Registration date : 2008-09-14

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/spiritsjourneyforum

Back to top Go down

Post by d-knots on August 12th 2009, 8:10 pm

I freak when I am in a tiff with my daughter
I hate it
It so didn't have to be bad

so I really wish she would be mellower
to my tirednesss
and I will be ok