Male
Number of posts : 57
Appreciation Points : 109
Registration date : 2009-08-03

View user profile http://www.Baraka-Bashad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Hinduism :: Simply Put

Post by 23luda23 on August 7th 2009, 12:52 am

Interesting posts liberatedsoul. I am currently reading "Past Lives Dreams and Soul Travel" and according to Eckankar it is possible to work out bad karma in the dream state. And according to Christianity the debts can be cancelled/forgiven if true and genuine repentance took place. Does Buddhism or Hinduism teach anything like that?

Thank you Thank You
23luda23

Female
Number of posts : 382
Hobbies : whatever interests me-now more then ever
Appreciation Points : 544
Registration date : 2009-06-11

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/luda23h

Back to top Go down

Post by liberatedsoul on August 7th 2009, 6:29 am

Generally in the eastern traditions dreams are seen as less reliable spiritual experiences than those gained through meditation. Since these traditions generally require one to devote long periods to meditation and live in an ashram disconnecting from society to a point, then you have that luxury. Paul Twitchel's point of including dreams in the Eckankar teachings is that in our fast paced western lives we need all the tools we can get and therefore dreams gain more importance. Dreams are a valid place to work off this karmic debt once one becomes a spiritual dreamer and keeps a dream journal.

Neither the eastern traditions nor Eckankar really allow for cancelling or fogiveness because the law of karma doesn't really work that way. The Sat Guru (Master or Mahanta in the case of Eckankar) can help you resolve some of it on the inner, because to resolve the full past live store of karma in a single incarnation would be very difficult.
liberatedsoul

Male
Number of posts : 57
Appreciation Points : 109
Registration date : 2009-08-03

View user profile http://www.Baraka-Bashad.com

Back to top Go down

Post by parrotlover100 on August 7th 2009, 1:08 pm

I just read the 2 links you posted up above,that was very interesting.I also saw all the links to the side of your blog that can lead you to more information on Hinduism and Karmas and BUddhism thank you Liberatedsoul for all this information that i will be able to explore at any time. Thank You Good Post

parrotlover100

Female
Number of posts : 455
Hobbies : reading
Appreciation Points : 428
Registration date : 2008-09-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit-Being on August 7th 2009, 2:09 pm

The links were wonderful and i really enjoyed reading them Very Happy

Number 5 is a great understanding.

Baraka Bashad wrote:5. That one cannot reach this realization through reason and must use intuition and experience to achieve it.

Well said :lovesigh:

Many Blessings

Administrator

Male
Number of posts : 2276
Hobbies : Reading, Creating Things, Music, Meditating, and Being a part of Nature
Appreciation Points : 2686
Registration date : 2008-09-14

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/spiritsjourneyforum

Back to top Go down

Post by 23luda23 on August 7th 2009, 2:21 pm

liberatedsoul wrote:Generally in the eastern traditions dreams are seen as less reliable spiritual experiences than those gained through meditation. Since these traditions generally require one to devote long periods to meditation and live in an ashram disconnecting from society to a point, then you have that luxury. Paul Twitchel's point of including dreams in the Eckankar teachings is that in our fast paced western lives we need all the tools we can get and therefore dreams gain more importance. Dreams are a valid place to work off this karmic debt once one becomes a spiritual dreamer and keeps a dream journal.

Neither the eastern traditions nor Eckankar really allow for cancelling or fogiveness because the law of karma doesn't really work that way. The Sat Guru (Master or Mahanta in the case of Eckankar) can help you resolve some of it on the inner, because to resolve the full past live store of karma in a single incarnation would be very difficult.

Thank you liberatedsoul Thank You I love you
23luda23

Female
Number of posts : 382
Hobbies : whatever interests me-now more then ever
Appreciation Points : 544
Registration date : 2009-06-11

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/luda23h

Back to top Go down

Post by Wind-Dancer on August 7th 2009, 3:12 pm

great reading, some very good imformation maybe people will be able to understand it better now. thanks so much for sharing.

Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 673
Hobbies : gardening, cooking, painting, fishing, reading
Tell us about yourself : Im half cherokee and half irish.Im very proud of my heritage. Im a rebel at heart.
Appreciation Points : 931
Registration date : 2008-10-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum