Spiritual Forums - Spirits Journey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Knights Templar

5 posters

Go down

Knights Templar Empty Knights Templar

Post by Spirit-Being August 6th 2009, 12:47 am

Who Were the Knights Templar?

Founded in 1118 by Hugh de Payens in order to help protect pilgrims to the Holy Land and they were originally housed close to the site where Solomon’s Temple once stood. The rules of their order, formally granted in 1128, were created by St. Bernard of Clairveaux and officially given to them at the Council of Troyes, France. The Knights Templar became one of the most famous and powerful of all the monastic military orders during the Crusading era.

Secrets of the Knights Templar:

As with most religious orders, there were special requirements before joining as well as an initiation ceremony; little is known about the various internal ceremonies of order, which has given rise to all sorts of fantastic theories. Prospective members all had to be of noble birth, legitimate sons, and willing to take the Templar vows of poverty, chastity, obedience, and piety. Fighting knights vowed to never surrender; death on the battlefield ensured immediate entry to heaven.

http://atheism.about.com/od/crusades/p/TemplarKnights.htm

Found this video interesting
http://videos.howstuffworks.com/discovery/discovery/4588-the-knights-templar-video.htm

One thing i do not understand is how war can be usefull and how can anyone say that during battle who was in the right and who was in the wrong. Each side would think they are in the right especially a holy war. I just do not get it, but these knights did get alot of recognition why is it that people who fight get recognition what of the people who were very humble and did not fight.

Jesus said:

Put up again thy sword into his place: for all they that take the sword shall perish with the sword.

I look at it this way as holy and spiritual as these knights templar were what ever cause they were fighting for, they were betrayed and were executed. I am sure some Templars escaped and wherever they are and whatever secrets they may have protected, may be revealed some day... the holy grail was it a cup or a vessel?

Many Blessings
Spirit-Being
Spirit-Being
Founder
Founder

Male
Number of posts : 2293
Hobbies : Reading, Creating Things, Music, Meditating, and Being a part of Nature
Appreciation Points : 2727
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Back to top Go down

Knights Templar Empty Re: Knights Templar

Post by Wind-Dancer August 6th 2009, 9:12 am

According to Christian mythology, the Holy Grail was the dish, plate, or cup used by Jesus at the Last Supper, said to possess miraculous powers. The connection of Joseph of Arimathea with the Grail legend dates from Robert de Boron's Joseph d'Arimathie (late 12th century) in which Joseph receives the Grail from an apparition of Jesus and sends it with his followers to Great Britain; building upon this theme, later writers recounted how Joseph used the Grail to catch Christ's blood while interring him and that in Britain he founded a line of guardians to keep it safe. The quest for the Holy Grail makes up an important segment of the Arthurian cycle, appearing first in works by Chrétien de Troyes.[1] The legend may combine Christian lore with a Celtic myth of a cauldron endowed with special powers.
Wind-Dancer
Wind-Dancer
Administrators
Administrators

Female
Number of posts : 673
Hobbies : gardening, cooking, painting, fishing, reading
Tell us about yourself : Im half cherokee and half irish.Im very proud of my heritage. Im a rebel at heart.
Appreciation Points : 931
Registration date : 2008-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post by parrotlover100 August 6th 2009, 12:41 pm

I enjoyed history when i was i school actually i liked all my subjects except math and English classes.I saw a documentary on Knights Templar it was very interesting.It was on the history channel.All the wars they fought, spirit-being pointed out an interesting point here goes

Jesus said:

Put up again thy sword into his place: for all they that take the sword shall perish with the sword.

so this will make you think why do we go to war?Who is right or wrong?Thank you Spirit-Being for posting this interesting topic for me anyway i hope all of you will find it interesting also. Thank You Good Post
parrotlover100

Female
Number of posts : 454
Hobbies : reading
Appreciation Points : 425
Registration date : 2008-09-16

Back to top Go down

Post by d-knots August 14th 2010, 4:54 pm

someone somewhere
referrenced the "holy grail"
as the lineage of
Jesus Christ of Nazareth
those who believe
Mary Magdeline as his wife
and Mary his mother escaping
to France..... etc... the history of
the heredity/tradition of Jesus's teachings
is the holy grail.

From what I understood in Arthurian
legend that the "land without a king" or
vice versa is the "grail" the land and the king
are one, hence, Arthur's love life in question
regarding Mordrid his illegitimate son and
his cheating wife/queen Guienevere caused
Arthur to question his purpose and worth in life
as the King of England.

d-knots
d-knots
Administrators
Administrators

Number of posts : 760
Appreciation Points : 799
Registration date : 2008-12-16

Back to top Go down

Post by laura ann April 3rd 2012, 8:07 pm

To me the holy grail is a female womb...
women carry the dna of the world within their menstrual cycles and as they age the cycle becomes divine wisdom
the pillars to heaven are the legs... the gate is the vulva etc etc
the gemstone stairs colors are the colors of the chakras and their related gemstones

the Nights Templars I used to see visions of them occasionally.. I figured past life thing.... I once saw two Templars step off a small boat.. drag it to shore then carry a small chest that took two to carry ashore even though it was relatively small...
I even have wondered if the Templars were also a gay society group. Did you ever notice the pics on the Roslyn walls depict always two males together on the horses. I have even wondered if that was part of them being tortured...
just some thoughts
laura ann
laura ann
Administrators
Administrators

Number of posts : 664
Appreciation Points : 1026
Registration date : 2012-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content