Water and the Power of Thought

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Water and the Power of Thought

Post by WhiteShaman on October 8th 2009, 3:56 pm

If one “thinks” or “perceives” that others can perceive things differently and thereby creating their reality and also that the universe is the sum of all those realities, then one must also believe the universe is an illusion of the universal mind or god or source or whatever one calls the only thing that is.

Furthermore, if ones believes the universe is an illusion of the universal mind then I would ask the question…why the illusion?
Please don’t say for its amusement.
WhiteShaman

Male
Number of posts : 495
Hobbies : Art, Nature, Volunteer work
Appreciation Points : 543
Registration date : 2009-09-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nameless on October 8th 2009, 4:41 pm

WhiteShaman wrote:I must ask you what you mean exactly by “critical thought”?
Thanks!
Exactly? *__-
Perhaps a good start can be found here;
Bertrand Russell on Critical Thinking

nameless

Number of posts : 34
Appreciation Points : 38
Registration date : 2009-10-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nameless on October 8th 2009, 4:56 pm

WhiteShaman wrote:If one “thinks” or “perceives”
There is a difference.
One perceives 'thoughts'. One perceives all features of one's unique reality.

that others can perceive things differently

We are all unique Perspectives.
Many people surround an elephant. They all see different things, perceive it uniquely. None are 'wrong' in the divergence of perspectives. We argue egoically over who is right and wrong, yet all are correct, all are 'right' in the appropriate context. The complete elephant can only be known as the sum total of all Perspectives.

and thereby creating their reality

Manifesting existence in the perceiving of it. I wouldn't use the egoic term 'create' as we do not 'create', we 'observe'.
One can, of course call the manifestation of the observation 'creating', in a way...

and also that the universe is the sum of all those realities, then one must also believe the universe is an illusion of the universal mind or god or source or whatever one calls the only thing that is.
First, 'belief' is not a requirement.
Segundo, as the Universe is the "sum-total of all Conscious Perspectives", why must that necessarily be called an 'illusion'.
There can be no existence unless perceived. Why an illusion?
What is an 'illusion'? When the next unique Perspective sees something that you do not, is his reality an 'illusion'? Especially when all Perspectives are necessarily unique?

Furthermore, if ones believes the universe is an illusion of the universal mind then I would ask the question…why the illusion?
Please don’t say for its amusement.
I do not see anything as 'illusion'. All Perspectives perceive a real feature of Reality. No one can be excluded as insignificant. If the Conscious Perspective of a bacterium were suddenly to wink from existence, the entire Universe would be different.
Everything exists, everything is true (in context).

"God can only know himself by me" - Meister Eckhart

nameless

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteShaman on October 9th 2009, 8:20 am

I feel that it is not important that we completely understand each other.
I have been where you are a few times in my life and each time it left me emotionless and robotic. It “felt” very wrong and was fruitless. I am only describing my reality, my truth.
Your words and statements have taught me, this time around, to come to peace with my disagreement of most of them.
That’s cool and I’m happy with leaving it at that and in fact it is not a disagreement as such with most of what you state, it is the imbalance it represents to me. Again, my reality.
I have but one more question so that I can understand and get to know you better for when we have further discussions…
With all that you have stated and in particular that you are an observer and not an egoic creator…why did you join a forum?
I don’t say that in disrespect, I am just trying to understand what motivates someone whose beliefs are as you stated to DO anything.
Peace and Blessings,
WhiteShaman
WhiteShaman

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nameless on October 9th 2009, 3:30 pm

WhiteShaman wrote:I feel that it is not important that we completely understand each other.
It is rare for anyone to "completely understand" someone else. But we do make the attempt, thats what communication is about.

I have been where you are a few times in my life

Oh, i sincerely doubt that. But I do appreciate the egoic dismissal.

and each time it left me emotionless and robotic. It “felt” very wrong and was fruitless. I am only describing my reality, my truth.
The previous statement was not a representation of "my reality, my truth", but an egoic reaction.

Your words and statements have taught me, this time around, to come to peace with my disagreement of most of them.
You needn't 'agree' with anything that I say.
The First Law of Soul Dynamics is;
"For every Conscious Perspective, there is an equal and opposite Conscious Perspective!"
Understanding or agreement is not a requirement.

With all that you have stated and in particular that you are an observer and not an egoic creator…why did you join a forum?
That seems rather a non-sequitur to me; what does joining a forum have to do with being an observer and not a creator? I see no discrepancy.
As for the 'why', no 'why', just is. 'Whys' are ego.
'Why' is about 'cause and effect', an obsolete notion.
We do 'make believe', though...

I am... trying to understand what motivates someone whose beliefs are as you stated to DO anything.
I have no 'beliefs'.
I do because I do; I am as I am, and 'am' in accord with my nature.
I have no 'beliefs' in 'free-will' or 'choices'; what is, is; there are no options.

nameless

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteShaman on October 9th 2009, 3:41 pm

Hugs

Again, I say..I have been where you say you are..and it was a very sad place.

Peace to you, friend, and all my best as you continue on your journey.
I see no sense for you or me in continuing this particular conversation.
No offense...it just..is what it is.

Till next time...
WhiteShaman

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nameless on October 9th 2009, 4:17 pm

WhiteShaman wrote:Again, I say..I have been where you say you are..and it was a very sad place.
As I am not in a "very sad place", we must be talking about different places.
Whatever...
happy trails...

Perhaps we can dump the personal crap and return to the topic at hand??

Last edited by nameless on October 9th 2009, 7:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

nameless

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit-Being on October 9th 2009, 5:41 pm

Wow interesting conversation i am not quite sure what it is i am needing to say but, i will continue typing and see what comes to me. During my life i have went through phases for lack of a better word. There was a time when life did not seem to have a purpose, we lived and we died this idea did not spark any happy thought or feelings, i felt very lonely. As time went on i knew something was missing in my life, and then she came into my life. By god she inspired me so much, that i knew i needed to change my old patterns. I realized that at that very moment i was just Human nothing more. This saddened me greatly i have felt many Moments in nature that truly gave me a feeling that none of us were alone. When i moved in a different direction mentally, physically, & spiritually i felt this oneness with all of creation. I came to a truth that nothing is an accident and that everything happens for a reason, but only when i became awakened did i see this. I am not here to jam anything down anyones throat i just felt, that i needed to share the 2 different phases i went through, and to think that i have not progressed from the past until now would be ignorant on my part.

Many Blessings

Administrator

Male
Number of posts : 2276
Hobbies : Reading, Creating Things, Music, Meditating, and Being a part of Nature
Appreciation Points : 2686
Registration date : 2008-09-14

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/spiritsjourneyforum

Back to top Go down

Post by nameless on October 9th 2009, 8:02 pm

Spirit-Being wrote:everything happens for a reason
All the evidence shows that 'meaning' and 'reasons' are in the eyes of the beholder. Thats all.

nameless

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by canadianmind on October 9th 2009, 8:54 pm

THis is really very interesting, and it goes hand in hand when ii ws talking about how our thoughts effect out surroundings. Its almost humbling to understand that everything is basicaly has some fluid qualities of it. Ive always found it odd that our bodies are made up of what 75 or 80% water, almost the same as the ground to water ratio on the earth. Its the little sutbtlties like that, which makes it easier for us to understand our true nature. After all, for at least 20000 years weve thought that everything is made up of fire water earth air and spirit. Imagine finding out all of our links to the elements?
canadianmind

Male
Number of posts : 272
Hobbies : Playing guitar, reading, self discovery,music, hiking, fishing, martial arts lots more
Tell us about yourself : Seeking to know more about myself, ourselves, and our connection to eatchother and the universe
Appreciation Points : 342
Registration date : 2009-09-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nameless on October 10th 2009, 12:47 am

canadianmind wrote:Imagine finding out all of our links to the elements?
Your remarks coincide with an interesting notion;
Form an elemental map of the Universe, 'connecting all the dots' of all the elements; Hydrogen and Oxygen and Nitrogen and Iron, etc..
On such a map, there will, obviously, be 'nodes', points where the various 'lines' of elements coincide, 'intersect', with each other in all sorts of patterns, whirls and twirls of all sorts. A beautiful tapestry!
Some of those 'interactions' might be perceived as galaxies, others as hamburgers, others as each other!
All the 'elemental lines' continuous, unbroken in a tapestry of unity, all one...

(It is the ego Perspective that imagines autonomy, 'subject/object' distinctions.)

nameless

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by canadianmind on October 10th 2009, 1:37 am

Ive thought the same thing for a while. Almost 90% of the interior of an atom is empty space, souds a bit familiar doesnt it. Like teh galexies are the cells in the universal body, and were the atoms. Almost like whats happening on earth is a reflection of whats happening in te universe
canadianmind

Male
Hobbies : Playing guitar, reading, self discovery,music, hiking, fishing, martial arts lots more
Tell us about yourself : Seeking to know more about myself, ourselves, and our connection to eatchother and the universe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Essence Ka tha'ras on October 14th 2009, 12:04 pm

Greetings,

Reading through this conversation has reminded me of something I read many, many years ago; I forget in what book. It stated if one wished to see the face of God/Creator/Universe, (whatever word you choose to know the Infinite by), run a line connecting all the Stars in our Universe; Then you would know the face of God.

I have always liked that visual.

Just sharing a thought with you all.

Have a Glorious, Wonder-filled Day....
Essence Ka tha'ras

Female
Number of posts : 20
Hobbies : Gardening, Reading, Writing and so much it would be too time consuming to post.
Tell us about yourself : I AM a writer, a poet, a wife, a homeschool mom, a friend, a Spiritual Growth Guide and Teacher, a Numerologist, a Tarot Card Reader and an Energy Reader, and a Spiritual Student. I am an Aromatherapist, I work with Colour and Sound, and Energy in All its Forms. I am an Awakened and Enlightened Star Being, a Lightworker specializing in Energy work. I AM this and much more...
Appreciation Points : 22
Registration date : 2009-10-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteShaman on October 14th 2009, 12:46 pm

Essence Ka tha'ras wrote:Greetings,

Reading through this conversation has reminded me of something I read many, many years ago; I forget in what book. It stated if one wished to see the face of God/Creator/Universe, (whatever word you choose to know the Infinite by), run a line connecting all the Stars in our Universe; Then you would know the face of God.

I have always liked that visual.

Just sharing a thought with you all.

Have a Glorious, Wonder-filled Day....

It is a great visual and it depicts oneness too!
Sounds like a good thing to teach little children as well.
I will have to remember that!
Thanks!
Peace and Blessings, Praise
WhiteShaman
WhiteShaman

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mia on October 14th 2009, 12:59 pm

I have never seen What the Bleep.
I shall watch it from the link you left 'Spirit.
Thank you Hugs

mia
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 977
Hobbies : Gardening, Driving,card crafting
Tell us about yourself : See my intro
Appreciation Points : 1355
Registration date : 2009-05-16

View user profile http://miasjourney.weebly.com/index.html

Back to top Go down

Post by canadianmind on October 14th 2009, 6:36 pm

a very good statement. Once again the answers are up in the sky
canadianmind

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum