Spiritual Forums - Spirits Journey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

St. Francis of Assisi

4 posters

Go down

St. Francis of Assisi Empty St. Francis of Assisi

Post by 23luda23 July 23rd 2009, 10:30 pm

St. Francis of Assisi, lover of all creation, champion of justice, patron saint of animals and the environment, founded the Franciscan Order. His feast day is October 4.
St. Francis of Assisi Lovetheanimalsmysdb1

More info here http://www.americancatholic.org/features/Francis/
23luda23
23luda23

Female
Number of posts : 381
Hobbies : whatever interests me-now more then ever
Appreciation Points : 541
Registration date : 2009-06-11

Back to top Go down

St. Francis of Assisi Empty Re: St. Francis of Assisi

Post by Spirit-Being July 24th 2009, 5:25 pm

I read who he was and i really Loved his discipline and Love for life, following Jesus teachings, and his dedication for prayer. He clearly knew and felt the mission he was called to do. There were many things that stood out that i really wanted to copy and paste here, but i will leave it up to you to read more on the link that luda posted, i feel that after you read his life and who he was it may spark inspiration in you. Spiritual

I really enjoyed reading this.

Many Blessings
Spirit-Being
Spirit-Being
Founder
Founder

Male
Number of posts : 2293
Hobbies : Reading, Creating Things, Music, Meditating, and Being a part of Nature
Appreciation Points : 2727
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by sweet green ginger December 1st 2011, 4:01 pm

St Francis of Assisi was gay.

He wept loudly when he was forced to be separated from a young and beautiful gentry man. He was to provide support and entourage to the young noble man but he became fixated on his lips and the colour of his hair in the sunlight.

The family of the young man were alerted when an older second cousin stopped by and could not catch up with his younger relative sufficiently without being subjected to the cat like gaze of St Francis that held warning and warding.

The young man was not perturbed by the separation; he hardly new St Francis over the three to four days of introduction. The intensity of captivation on the saint's behalf would have suggested that they had been bonded in close relationship for years, however.

He had many such obsessions, and sought consolation in isolation and reflection in natural surroundings. He became broken, dirty and poor. In time he became less addled by his passions and chronic broken heartedness, and became fed up with himself. He took a vow and with the support of inspired and dedicated others, established a mission to free people from misuse, idolatry, and worthless attachments.

Though experiencing some return to his indulgent side, when conditions improved, he was able to sustain a degree of suitable commitment to his ideals because he they had impressed themselves so intrinsically.

At some point, he became again so besotted with a young theatrical man that dressed as a woman, that he drove himself into solitary repentence. After lying wasted, in a drugged and intoxicated state, his close friends covered his condition by creating a premise that he had received stigmata and was going through some kind of religious preparation for veneration - they did not want their work undone as they were so close to gaining other goals through the benefaction of an archbishop.

The stigmata had been quickly cut with all that was on hand, a rusted spatula. St Francis died of tetanus, under the guise of a religious experience.

Fact or fiction?
sweet green ginger
sweet green ginger

Female
Number of posts : 61
Hobbies : symbols
Tell us about yourself : Plain at heart
Appreciation Points : 70
Registration date : 2010-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanilla2 December 2nd 2011, 1:01 am

what a sad ending. How times have changed, if only he knew that one day "gays" would be accepted, not by all, I must stress, but many would be accepted and tolerated as a " normal " way of life. As for the implements used in his times, (rusted spatula) these ignorant people knew no better. Again we have come so far. I quote once again," how times have changed". Something of which, we must be tremendously grateful for.
Vanilla2
Vanilla2
Administrators
Administrators

Female
Number of posts : 1209
Appreciation Points : 1613
Registration date : 2009-08-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content