Spiritual Forums - Spirits Journey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Please pray for me

+2
Wind-Dancer
Spirit-Being
6 posters

Go down

Please pray for me Empty Please pray for me

Post by Spirit-Being July 21st 2009, 11:36 pm

This is very tough for me to post, i am suppose to be strong and be the rock but i am neither. I've been having a really tough time getting off the computer, i am on mostly all of my free time everyday and it has taken a toll on me. I have become bitter and angry at times. Sometimes i will be having a decent day and i get on the computer and i get totally consumed in it and forget who i am where i am and what my true purpose in life is. Sometimes i will be on for 10 hours fixing the web page, posting, reading, and listening to music, but i am having a problem limiting myself to a few hours on the computer. I really hope i did not come off complaining, i just need some help so that your prayers may guide me in the right direction. Lastly my self discipline has been lacking, creating a daily spiritual routine has been really tough for me because of my addiction to the computer, and it is something i desperately need. Sometimes it is always good to be humble (something i have been lacking :stub:) and ask for help, that is what we as people do, help others in need. Your prayers would be much appreciative Jump in Love

Many Blessings
Spirit-Being
Spirit-Being
Founder
Founder

Male
Number of posts : 2293
Hobbies : Reading, Creating Things, Music, Meditating, and Being a part of Nature
Appreciation Points : 2727
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Back to top Go down

Please pray for me Empty Re: Please pray for me

Post by Wind-Dancer July 22nd 2009, 8:25 am

God, grant you the ability to control your addiction
Courage to walk past the computer without turning it on
And the wisdom to know that answers come from experiencing life,
not from a computer screen
Wind-Dancer
Wind-Dancer
Administrators
Administrators

Female
Number of posts : 673
Hobbies : gardening, cooking, painting, fishing, reading
Tell us about yourself : Im half cherokee and half irish.Im very proud of my heritage. Im a rebel at heart.
Appreciation Points : 931
Registration date : 2008-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Linda July 22nd 2009, 12:04 pm

My Prayers are with you Spirit -Being to step back a little, I think you have perfected your site, and I agree with Wind-Dancers prayer to start experiencing life! What a powerful Prayer! All my Love, Linda (-:
Linda
Linda
Administrators
Administrators

Female
Number of posts : 757
Hobbies : Living
Tell us about yourself : I feel at peace outdoors, listening to nature, the birds to the bubbling creek, recharges my soul.
Appreciation Points : 1030
Registration date : 2009-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by parrotlover100 July 22nd 2009, 1:28 pm

yes Spirit-Being you will be in my prayers as well :lovesigh:
parrotlover100

Female
Number of posts : 454
Hobbies : reading
Appreciation Points : 425
Registration date : 2008-09-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit-Being July 22nd 2009, 6:18 pm

Thank You All for taking the time and sending prayers my way Enlightened My prayers tonight will be for everyone here on the forums i am very grateful for all your support. I love you all Heart Pump

Many Blessings
Spirit-Being
Spirit-Being
Founder
Founder

Male
Hobbies : Reading, Creating Things, Music, Meditating, and Being a part of Nature

Back to top Go down

Post by Linda July 22nd 2009, 7:47 pm

I wanted to admit to you Spirit-Being, that I also suffer from computeritis, someone once asked the question on the forum "What would you do without internet?" I did not answer, but I thought: "NO INTERNET? Yikes, need to check my email, need to check my myspace, need to go to spiritsjourneyforums, need to go to spiritsjourneysforums again but this time I will not log in, so that way no one will know that I was back on again, and again. I need to back off a little too, I may have lost a good order yesterday cause I was on the computer and an old customer came in to re-order menus with some changes, my assistant was up front to help her, so I just said hello to the customer, then got back on the computer. The lady left without ordering her menus, said she'd be back. Dang! I blew that order, cause I was pre-occupied, and did not giver her the one on one attention that she needed. I still will check in everyday, but I will also try to limit my visits. All my Love, Linda (-:
Linda
Linda
Administrators
Administrators

Female
Number of posts : 757
Hobbies : Living
Tell us about yourself : I feel at peace outdoors, listening to nature, the birds to the bubbling creek, recharges my soul.
Appreciation Points : 1030
Registration date : 2009-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by 23luda23 July 22nd 2009, 9:17 pm

You are in my prayers Spirit-Being. Praying I too have the same problem if was not for the time limit i have , currently i am almost out till the 27th, i would have been spending a lot more time on the web. I read books :library: that takes my mind away from the internet. By the way I love the new look of this site. :love3:
23luda23
23luda23

Female
Number of posts : 381
Hobbies : whatever interests me-now more then ever
Appreciation Points : 541
Registration date : 2009-06-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit-Being July 23rd 2009, 3:00 pm

I understand totally Linda i too have felt subconcious in the sense that while i am on the forums all day & night, if anyone was to come by once in the day see me on, then once at night see me on again, i thought to myself what they might think "Wow hes still on does he ever take a break" lol that was my thought anyway. I think if we can find a balance in our lives we would be much happier, i must say most of what i learn comes from the internet, but i have many books that have been sitting on my shelf that need to be read, as i believe i bought them all for a reason and it is crucial knowledge i am missing out on. But with that said i love the forums and all you guys and have learned a great deal from all of your experiences, hope to keep learning & growing with everyone here In Love

Many Blessings
Spirit-Being
Spirit-Being
Founder
Founder

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit-Being July 23rd 2009, 3:07 pm

Thank You so much luda I love you

A time limit would work well, i think i may try that maybe like 3 hours a day on the computer hmm okay maybe 4 hours Wink I love reading i am just curious as to how you are able to quiet your mind after being on the computer to go and read a book? Many times my mind will be spinning in all directions, it takes me hours to calm my mind down. Hope the time limit will lessen the chatter in my mind Dazzler

I am really glad you like the new look luda Thank You

Many Blessings
Spirit-Being
Spirit-Being
Founder
Founder

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by 23luda23 July 24th 2009, 2:37 am

Spirit-Being wrote:A time limit would work well, i think i may try that maybe like 3 hours a day on the computer hmm okay maybe 4 hours Wink I love reading i am just curious as to how you are able to quiet your mind after being on the computer to go and read a book?

Usually the books I read is a continuation of my online adventures, they are also have to be very interesting to grab my attention. If the book is somewhat boring I have same trouble with concentration.
23luda23
23luda23

Female
Number of posts : 381
Hobbies : whatever interests me-now more then ever
Appreciation Points : 541
Registration date : 2009-06-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit-Being July 24th 2009, 4:53 pm

Books also need to grab my attention for me to comprehend what i am reading, if it is something new and exciting it is much easier to soak it up like a sponge Rain

Many Blessings
Spirit-Being
Spirit-Being
Founder
Founder

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit-Being July 27th 2009, 1:59 pm

Just felt i should update my condition, since all your prayers i have been praying 2 - 3 times a day doing spiritual work daily and learning to be more self disciplined in my studies and practices. Thank you so much all of you, Love you all :love3:

Many Blessings
Spirit-Being
Spirit-Being
Founder
Founder

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by parrotlover100 July 27th 2009, 2:22 pm

your very welcome Spirit-Being Very Happy
parrotlover100

Female
Number of posts : 454
Hobbies : reading
Appreciation Points : 425
Registration date : 2008-09-16

Back to top Go down

Post by d-knots July 28th 2009, 5:43 pm

well,

you are a very blessed person......

why?

dear spirit-being, some of us are so busy going through hell out here
and there you are combining your education, reading time, and spiritual
affirmations all in those 10 hours... so why are you worried .....

you're doing more than you think to be a better person, thank God...LOL

I would change places with you if it didn't matter to me that my family has
some major problems to resolve....

think! it could be worse for you and you wouldn't want to be in any of our shoes....

You have a wonderful life

if anything make sure you get oxygen ....aka fresh air, daily....LOL Praise
d-knots
d-knots
Administrators
Administrators

Number of posts : 760
Appreciation Points : 799
Registration date : 2008-12-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit-Being July 30th 2009, 1:10 pm

Thank You d-knots Very Happy

I do understand that we are all going through different circumstances, and it is up to each one of us to live and become the best person we know we can be, sounds like the phrase from the military "Be all that you can be", but in life with who we are, and Love ourselves and others. again i will send prayers to each member here & i thank you all for everything.

Many Blessings
Spirit-Being
Spirit-Being
Founder
Founder

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down