Feeling Bad

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Feeling Bad

Post by Spirit-Being on July 15th 2009, 7:02 pm

My sister brought her 2 children over today her daughter is 3 and her son 2 they were playing in the yard in the blow up pool having a really good time. My dog bella is about 20 pounds brown coat long she is overweight, last year she had stones from eating people food so had to have surgery. I have been trying so hard to put her on a diet, and lately she has been loosing weight, my sisters kids love feeding bella, when they do i try to let them know calmly that bella cannot eat all these treats because it is not good for her. At this age kids don't understand and really do not listen. My neice decided to feed give bella more treats without me seeing i walked in and bella had the bone in her mouth, i brushed it aside and allowed bella to eat the bone. My sister calls to me and says bellas choking on the bone, i lost it and started screaming at her for giving bella the bone i firmly said bella can only have 1 bone and 1 puperoni a day, and anything bella eats has to be approved by me. This sadens me because one thing i am not is a screamer and i try very hard not to get angry. But today i was angry and i feel bad yelling at my neice, i know she was just being nice to bella. I did apologize to my sister by letting them all know i loved them , and my neice did crack a smile which made me happy. But i am still feeling bad that i had to raise my voice, i keep thinking that i could have handled it much better, without getting angry. Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated, also If you have gone through something similar with anger and what you are doing to handle situations without the anger, this will be very helpful.

Many Blessings

_________________
avatar
Spirit-Being
Administrator
Administrator

Male
Number of posts : 2276
Age : 42
Location : Milford, Connecticut
Hobbies : Reading, Creating Things, Music, Meditating, and Being a part of Nature
Appreciation Points : 2686
Registration date : 2008-09-14

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/spiritsjourneyforum

Back to top Go down

Re: Feeling Bad

Post by 23luda23 on July 15th 2009, 8:54 pm

I am sorry you feel bad and I believe your reaction was normal, you are trying to protect your dog and you did apologize for raising your voice. I have had experiences like that and itís best to be lovingly stern then taking the chance of loosing a life or having a health problem with your beloved dog. I never want to hurt anyoneís feelings but I definitely can not allow anyone intentionally or not, possibly destroy a life that was entrusted to me to protect. Donít feel bad, your instincts to protect kicked in, we all have it. We just have to find a prefect way to let others know about the seriousness of the situation without hurting their feelings. I am still learning to do that and sometimes have a hard time with it.

Hope you feel better Jump in Love
avatar
23luda23
Member
Member

Female
Number of posts : 382
Age : 42
Location : usa, ca
Hobbies : whatever interests me-now more then ever
Appreciation Points : 544
Registration date : 2009-06-11

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/luda23h

Back to top Go down

Re: Feeling Bad

Post by Wind-Dancer on July 15th 2009, 9:02 pm

i totally agree with luda. You did what you did to protect your dog.

_________________
Namaste
avatar
Wind-Dancer
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 673
Location : Arkansas
Hobbies : gardening, cooking, painting, fishing, reading
Tell us about yourself : Im half cherokee and half irish.Im very proud of my heritage. Im a rebel at heart.
Appreciation Points : 931
Registration date : 2008-10-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Feeling Bad

Post by d-knots on July 15th 2009, 9:49 pm

you're human remember
and as such we speak in tones we regret...LOL
and your sis's kids will one day feel that way too;
you showing that a human can apologize and feel
remorse is parmount for the kids - being sorry for
harsher actions is very, very important for a situation
could get worse before it gets better.....oh-oh... Shocked
so nipping whatever in the bud is good to show especially
as a family member.
Remember it's the human condition but you also can
be a spiritual being as well; we are a mix one would hope...
avatar
d-knots
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 762
Appreciation Points : 803
Registration date : 2008-12-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Feeling Bad

Post by Spirit-Being on July 16th 2009, 2:05 am

luda wrote:I am sorry you feel bad and I believe your reaction was normal, you are trying to protect your dog and you did apologize for raising your voice. I have had experiences like that and itís best to be lovingly stern then taking the chance of loosing a life or having a health problem with your beloved dog. I never want to hurt anyoneís feelings but I definitely can not allow anyone intentionally or not, possibly destroy a life that was entrusted to me to protect. Donít feel bad, your instincts to protect kicked in, we all have it. We just have to find a prefect way to let others know about the seriousness of the situation without hurting their feelings. I am still learning to do that and sometimes have a hard time with it.

Thank you so much luda, i do understand that i did this because i loved Bella and she counts on me to do whats right for her, even if she does want to eat all the time lol.

Wind-Dancer wrote:i totally agree with luda. You did what you did to protect your dog.

Thank you Wind-Dancer this helps alot and your right i was just trying to protect her from getting sick.

d-knots wrote:you're human remember
and as such we speak in tones we regret...LOL
and your sis's kids will one day feel that way too;
you showing that a human can apologize and feel
remorse is parmount for the kids - being sorry for
harsher actions is very, very important for a situation
could get worse before it gets better.....oh-oh... Shocked
so nipping whatever in the bud is good to show especially
as a family member.
Remember it's the human condition but you also can
be a spiritual being as well; we are a mix one would hope...

Thank you d-knots i think i forget that i am human sometimes, i push myself hard and always feel i could be doing better and your right we are a mix of both human being and spiritual being. I think the human side of me Loves Life & Nature and the Spiritual side of me Loves anything to do with spirit. Makes sense lol

Thank you my friends really big help i feel much better Jump in Love

Many Blessings

_________________
avatar
Spirit-Being
Administrator
Administrator

Male
Number of posts : 2276
Age : 42
Location : Milford, Connecticut
Hobbies : Reading, Creating Things, Music, Meditating, and Being a part of Nature
Appreciation Points : 2686
Registration date : 2008-09-14

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/spiritsjourneyforum

Back to top Go down

Re: Feeling Bad

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum