Spiritual Forums - Spirits Journey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Childrens Innocence

2 posters

Go down

Childrens Innocence Empty Childrens Innocence

Post by Spirit-Being July 10th 2009, 3:26 am

I just finished watching an amazing movie on television, and after the movie had finished a question came into my mind.

When children are brought into this world do they believe everything or nothing at all?

Matthew 18
King James Bible

1. At the same time came the disciples unto Jesus, saying, Who is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven?

2. And Jesus called a little child unto him, and set him in the midst of them,

3. And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.

4. Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven.

5. And whoso shall receive one such little child in my name receiveth me.

What was Jesus telling us in these parables?

Many Blessings

Last edited by Spirit-Being on July 10th 2009, 9:48 pm; edited 2 times in total
Spirit-Being
Spirit-Being
Founder
Founder

Male
Number of posts : 2293
Hobbies : Reading, Creating Things, Music, Meditating, and Being a part of Nature
Appreciation Points : 2727
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Back to top Go down

Childrens Innocence Empty Re: Childrens Innocence

Post by parrotlover100 July 10th 2009, 2:28 pm

is that passage saying we must all return to a childs way of thinking and trusting and believing all that is around us in order to go back to heaven ?? i don' understand. Question 2
parrotlover100

Female
Number of posts : 454
Hobbies : reading
Appreciation Points : 425
Registration date : 2008-09-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit-Being July 10th 2009, 10:02 pm

I wish i knew exactly what Jesus meant in the above parables, all i can do is say what i think he meant. I believe that as human beings when we grow up and we take on a label called Adult which is just an earthly term. Some people may take this label and try to be the adult they think they should be. Humbleness is very important and as we try to raise our children we must also be as little children ourselves. The innocence of a child is priceless and something that many grown ups lack. Everything is bright and new to a child, maybe Jesus was saying that to see the beauty in this world as the children do. Imagination is wonderful and can be very healthy for our growth.

What do you all think?

Many Blessings
Spirit-Being
Spirit-Being
Founder
Founder

Male
Number of posts : 2293
Hobbies : Reading, Creating Things, Music, Meditating, and Being a part of Nature
Appreciation Points : 2727
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum