Spiritual Forums - Spirits Journey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help with meditation

+2
Spirit-Being
23luda23
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Help with meditation Empty Help with meditation

Post by 23luda23 June 14th 2009, 2:22 am

I have tried to meditate in the traditional way sitting on the floor with legs crossed but in the less then one minute I feel some kind of force rocking my body, stars out gentle but if I allow, it becomes more stronger and swings me from side to side and sometimes in the circular motion, one time I got really frightened. So I can’t get anything out of that. And when I try to meditate lying down I want to go to sleep and have to quit. So I am wondering if there different kind of meditation that will work for me?. I would really appreciate it.

Thank you

Peace and Love :myheart:
23luda23
23luda23

Female
Number of posts : 381
Hobbies : whatever interests me-now more then ever
Appreciation Points : 541
Registration date : 2009-06-11

Back to top Go down

Help with meditation Empty Re: Help with meditation

Post by Spirit-Being June 15th 2009, 11:01 pm

Swaying in meditation is also known as ‘buoyancy’ and often transmutes into advanced spiritual energy.

Some people say that this swaying/movemnet is the release of old blockage/s in the energy system of our bodies. When the blockages are released the body naturally becomes balanced and each chakra opens allowing the energy to flow cleanly up through the kundalini.

Some also say that this is the beginning of the consciousness/astral body separating from the physical body, going out to explore spiritual dimensions/planes.

I have experienced this same rocking/swaying motion while meditating. Many times my upper body would move involuntarily, at first i did not know what to think of this, i have found that if the movement/s get very strong and uncomfortable, then i will cut the meditation short (but this is very rare). Through many experiences i found that if we put our attention solely on our practice whatever it is mantra, affirmation, breathing... In time the movements shall lessen. when you meditate put your focus on any technique you are using at that time. If you focus too much on the movements they may get very strong and hard to stop. let go and allow this experience to happen, seeing it as a much needed process.

What we put our attention on we get more of...

Kundalini is the Hindu word for the "sacred transformative energy that awakens consciousness"

The Kundalini is the Primal Life Force for all Creation that is "stored" and latent at the base of the spine. We are born naturally with this energy in which it awaits activation in later years.

As you said you were looking for a new meditation exercise, this could also help relieve some of the movement you are experiencing, i will add one of my favorite Meditation that i really love & enjoy.

This is my favorite meditation exercise

Universal Mantra Meditation

• The mantra we will be using for this meditation is: "Aum." Aum does not have a literal translation. Rather, it is the essential vibration of the universe. If you were to tune into the actual sound of the cosmos, the perpetual sound of Aum is what you would hear. It is uttered as a mantra and in affirmations and blessings. Below are a few links i have found very helpful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7ofPdEgsoQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LS2-_qRhlnU

• You can say this mantra faintly in your mind or out loud which ever feels comfortable for you.

• The power of this technique comes from letting go and allowing your attention to dive into the deeper realms of the mind. Therefore, even though you will be focussing on the mantra, staying focussed on the mantra is not the aim of this meditation. Trying too hard to stay focussed would keep your attention from descending into the deeper levels of thought. Instead, you will be repeating the mantra with minimal effort, and giving your mind the space to drift a bit.

• Try to resist the temptation to make something happen, and allow the mantra to do the work.

Steps of the Universal Mantra Meditation

1. Prepare for your meditation, it's always good to get a nice warm cup of tea, light incense, or a scented candle. Once you feel ready to begin Sit comfortably in a chair, on a cushion, or any place you have set out for the meditation practice. Keep your spine reasonably straight with your eyes closed.

2. Begin repeating the mantra (Aum/Om) gently in your mind.

3. Repeat the mantra at whatever tempo feels most natural. There is no need to synchronize the mantra with your breathing, but if this occurs naturally, it's ok.

4. Allow the mantra to arise more faintly in your mind... repeating it with minimal effort.

5. Continue repeating the mantra faintly, and allow for whatever happens.

6. If at any time, you feel that you are slipping into a sleep-like or dream-like state, allow it to happen.

7. If and when you notice that your attention has drifted completely off the mantra, gently begin repeating it again, and continue with minimal effort. However, if you find yourself in a deeply relaxed, quiet place, I suggest you enjoy that experience rather than coming back to the mantra.

8. After 10 or 15 minutes come out of your meditation slowly, unless you are more experienced at meditation then you may go for as long as you feel comfortable.

Note: You can use any word in place of om/aum for this mantra exercise. Experiment and try different things and you will come to find the perfect meditation.

I still like to experiment with different techniques Meditate

I hope this works for you as i have benefited from it greatly.

Many Blessings
Spirit-Being
Spirit-Being
Founder
Founder

Male
Number of posts : 2293
Hobbies : Reading, Creating Things, Music, Meditating, and Being a part of Nature
Appreciation Points : 2727
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by 23luda23 June 16th 2009, 9:58 pm

Thank you Spirit-Being for a lot of great information. I will practice this in the next couple of days and let you know how it went. Thank you again.

Always be blessed
23luda23
23luda23

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by 23luda23 June 22nd 2009, 3:58 am

Hi Spirit-Being.

I did the meditation you recommended. I was playing the music on the link and I felt like my head was very heavy and big and there was a pressure also encircling it. I also felt and seen something expending but when the music stopped I was still felt everything I described previously but then I felt something gravity-like pressure on the right side of my head and it started to push on it to the left but I could not really control it this time and my head literally end up on my shoulder but this force was still pushing now on my whole right side. So I slowly come out whatever I was under and stopped it and took control. This is very strange to me I also made sure that my back was supported by the pillow so it want happen. It also feels like I am not along in the room. What is it? Whatever it is its not predictable it does different things like it can think. Rolling Eyes

Peace and Love
23luda23
23luda23

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit-Being June 23rd 2009, 5:44 pm

Hello luda

My apologies for the delayed response.

luda wrote:It also feels like I am not alone in the room. What is it? Whatever it is its not predictable it does different things like it can think.

All energy has a frequency or speed also referred to as (vibration), including the energy which your spirit is made from. When in meditation you will begin linking to spirit, etc... As the speed of this vibration raises so does the consciousness and helps you link in to either your own higher self or the minds of those in spirit which are on a higher frequency.

I have felt many times a presence in the room with me either during meditation or just quietly relaxing. Fear can play a big part in keeping us from experiencing. More times than naught i have found fear to be the big factor in our spiritual progress to experience further.

Your Inner Guidance/Intuition/Gut Feelings/Higher Self, will let you know luda. Just Listen!

If pressures become to much during meditation or chakra work it is best to bring the attention to the Heart Center (Heart Chakra), something i seem to forget to do many times when this is happening. I did find an interesting page on the web that made alot of sense to me. Here is one of the paragraphs i found that may be of some help.

When you feel this kind of pressure, what you should do is immediately focus your attention on your heart. Feel that you do not have a head at all; you have only the heart's soft, sweet feeling of oneness with God, your Inner Pilot. In the heart there is no fear or resistance. No matter how intensely you meditate in the heart, no matter how much peace, light and bliss you draw into the heart, you will never feel tension or pressure. There will only be joy, love and a feeling of oneness... If you would like to read more about this article i have added the link below

http://www.srichinmoy.org

Meditation & Chakras go hand in hand with one another. One thing to remember is we are made up of many energy channels, that need to flow naturally through the vessel. It's like the dams we created to stop the flow of water, the water becomes stressed and needs to flow, but it cannot flow cleanly because the block (the dam) is in the way. The water keeps looking for a way out and it will eventually find a way through. I see this as a way for the energy to flow through us back to God.

To understand more about chakras and how these enegry centers Rainbow work, i will add a link at the bottom of this post.

http://www.ambafrance-do.org/spirituality/17512.php

Hope this was helpful.

Many Blessings
Spirit-Being
Spirit-Being
Founder
Founder

Male
Hobbies : Reading, Creating Things, Music, Meditating, and Being a part of Nature

Back to top Go down

Post by Wind-Dancer June 23rd 2009, 9:22 pm

Shards of Consciousness,,Experiences During Meditation
There are many sources that tell you the positive psychological and physical effects from meditation. Google the word "meditation" and you will find many of them. . These sources often don't tell some of the specific things you may experience as a result of meditation, so when they happen you don't know if you are imagining things or doing something wrong. To save you some trouble, and to let you know when you are experiencing results from your meditation, here is a list of some things I have read about.

The top of your head may become numb or experience a tingling sensation.
Sometimes your skin feels silky smooth and sensitive. Any touch to it is pleasurable.
Your body may feel as if it is expanding and opening up, especially in the area of your head.
You may feel sensations in your groin area or spine. Sometimes it is as if energy is being pumped from the base of your spine and out of your head.
If you focus on a specific area of your body, you may feel a vibration or tingling in that area.
If you are seated in a sitting position, you may spontaneously begin sitting straighter, as if an outside force is pulling you up by your head.
Your breathing cycle may become deeper, longer, or stop without your feeling any deprivation
You may experience a lightening of the field of vision to the point of it becoming white, even with your eyes closed.
You may see what appears to be a falling snow.
You may be 'spacey' after a period of meditation. You can find it difficult to focus on daily life, or to do any disciplined thinking
You may experience an intense state of euphoria and contentment. "God is in his heaven and all is right with the world."
You may feel energized. If it is bedtime, you can have trouble getting to sleep and find that you awaken after each dream cycle.
The veil between sleeping and waking consciousness thins. Dreams are easier to remember, and easier to understand. Lucid dreaming becomes more frequent.
Your need for sleep may decrease.
Your appetite may decrease, or increase.
You may experience hot flashes (even if you are a young man).
You may hear strange sounds that don't happen physically. There may be a buzzing, droning, or thunder.
You may feel a vibration in your body, especially your head. If you've ever been shocked, it feels like that but without the pain. The vibration may feel like it is a low frequency or a high frequency.
As I said, the purpose of this list is to let you know some of the things you may experience. Not everyone experiences all of them, and some are more frequent with specific types of meditation. If you don't experience them, don't feel as if you are doing something wrong. The purpose of meditation isn't psychophysical experiences such as these. The purpose of meditation is to become more conscious. Most of these experiences are simply signposts on the way that may, or may not occur.
Wind-Dancer
Wind-Dancer
Administrators
Administrators

Female
Number of posts : 673
Hobbies : gardening, cooking, painting, fishing, reading
Tell us about yourself : Im half cherokee and half irish.Im very proud of my heritage. Im a rebel at heart.
Appreciation Points : 931
Registration date : 2008-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post by 23luda23 June 24th 2009, 1:16 am

Thank you so much Spirit-Being and Wind– Dancer. It was very helpful. I do have a little bit of fear of the possibly of loosing control of my being and unwanted side effects. Also a possibility of unkind spirit taking over while I am in vulnerable state. The very first time I was meditating I felt like I was engulfed by something and my body felt pulled up in the air and the movie came to mind called “exorcist” and I immediately stopped the meditation. I just want it to be safe that is why I asked for some different kind of meditation. I like that astral video and would really love to do that.

Peace and Love I love you
23luda23
23luda23

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit-Being June 24th 2009, 5:58 am

I do understand luda and this is something to watch out for. But one thing i probably should have stressed is to ask for protection when doing any spiritual work. Some people do not believe in negative beings and i did not want to put the thought in your mind. We need protection from unwanted beings so it's really good to say a prayer, ask for the protection from angels, or even ask for holy light to surround us. I firmly believe this and has helped me many times, although i have slacked in this area and need to begin asking for protection again.

I'm glad you like the Astral Video when i first saw it on you tube i loved how it described the separation process of the astral body. I have practiced astral projection for a time and had some amazing results. You can find many techniques on the web that will be very helpful.

Many Blessings
Spirit-Being
Spirit-Being
Founder
Founder

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by 23luda23 June 24th 2009, 8:58 pm

Thank you Spirit-Being for the tip. I will make sure i pray for protection before and while meditating. Thank You

Peace and Love
23luda23
23luda23

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit-Being August 2nd 2009, 5:49 pm

This i found really interesting, there are so many ways to meditate this exercise you just stay still with no mantra.