Why when people hear the word muslim.. so many bad things come to thier mind?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Why when people hear the word muslim.. so many bad things come to thier mind?

Post by chrissy on November 1st 2008, 11:15 pm

I feel that everybody is very judgemental. When someone sees a person with thier head covered they automatically dislike them just because of what they are wearing is that right? i dont think so everybody has different ideas, or likes or dislikes.. do people ever think about that jesus's mother mary covered? do they not know that jesus prayed like the prophet mohammed.. which is the same way the muslims pray.. i have alot to say about muslims.. i have been reading the quran from beggining to end i am 1/2 way through this.. and i find it very interesting.. i wish that people would open up thier minds and just be open to other peoples beliefs.. and not judge anyone by thier religion.. anyway if anyone has anything to say i will love to answer your questions to the best of my ability.. thank you and god bless you oh also, because of what happened on 911 everyone automatically hates muslims.. it is not all muslims that are bad just like there are not all christians that are good there is good and bad in everyone.. we should all i mean the world. come together and this world would be a better place.. no fighting killing robbing all the crimes.. religion is what people need maybe this will help everyone whatever religion it may be as long as you believe in one god and do righteous then i believe we will all go to heaven.. religion doesnt matter as long as you believe in your religion because in the end you are believing in one god... thanks that is it for now chrissy..

chrissy
Member
Member

Number of posts : 9
Appreciation Points : 4
Registration date : 2008-11-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

people are strange

Post by Wind-Dancer on November 29th 2008, 2:20 pm

I believe that people cannot go outside their box. I think we stereotype people. People think their belief is the only true way. They cannot go outside their box or their safety net. People judge other religions by the acts of a few. To this i say every religion has its bad people that do bad things. Religions or beliefs arent bad, bad things done by people of different religious tend to corrupt our minds toward certain beliefs. we need to look deeply into other religions , read about it , talk to people of those beliefs and try to understand it. Then i think that the world will heal and become knowledgeable about the truth of our future. Love one another , trust one another, be honest to one another, maybe if we do this, we may understand the true nature of our destiny.

_________________
Namaste
avatar
Wind-Dancer
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 673
Location : Arkansas
Hobbies : gardening, cooking, painting, fishing, reading
Tell us about yourself : Im half cherokee and half irish.Im very proud of my heritage. Im a rebel at heart.
Appreciation Points : 931
Registration date : 2008-10-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why when people hear the word muslim.. so many bad things come to thier mind?

Post by Dark Ray on February 13th 2009, 2:29 pm

like you side people do not think outside their box

the most important thing in life is the person him/her self not what religion they are from.
i wish people will understand some day this.


thank you for this topic

Dark Ray
Member
Member

Female
Number of posts : 1
Age : 27
Location : NC/U.S.A.
Appreciation Points : 0
Registration date : 2008-12-11

View user profile http://dark-ray.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Why when people hear the word muslim.. so many bad things come to thier mind?

Post by Dreamer on February 13th 2009, 4:19 pm

chrissy wrote:I feel that everybody is very judgemental. When someone sees a person with thier head covered they automatically dislike them just because of what they are wearing is that right? i dont think so everybody has different ideas, or likes or dislikes.. do people ever think about that jesus's mother mary covered? do they not know that jesus prayed like the prophet mohammed.. which is the same way the muslims pray.. i have alot to say about muslims.. i have been reading the quran from beggining to end i am 1/2 way through this.. and i find it very interesting.. i wish that people would open up thier minds and just be open to other peoples beliefs.. and not judge anyone by thier religion.. anyway if anyone has anything to say i will love to answer your questions to the best of my ability.. thank you and god bless you oh also, because of what happened on 911 everyone automatically hates muslims.. it is not all muslims that are bad just like there are not all christians that are good there is good and bad in everyone.. we should all i mean the world. come together and this world would be a better place.. no fighting killing robbing all the crimes.. religion is what people need maybe this will help everyone whatever religion it may be as long as you believe in one god and do righteous then i believe we will all go to heaven.. religion doesnt matter as long as you believe in your religion because in the end you are believing in one god... thanks that is it for now chrissy..
I can understand your point, though generalizing " because of what happened on 911 everyone automatically hates muslims.." doesn't help the situation. I also think it is best not to judge others on the actions of some. Wink it goes both ways.
Mostly I think people are just ignorant. Now, ignorant isn't a bad word. It means people don't know something.
I am sure it would surprise some people to know that there are more Muslims in the world than other religions.
I really do believe the majority of decent people, do not fall into the sterotype of hating someone based only on appearances.
avatar
Dreamer
Member
Member

Female
Number of posts : 117
Appreciation Points : 36
Registration date : 2008-12-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why when people hear the word muslim.. so many bad things come to thier mind?

Post by chrissy on February 14th 2009, 9:46 am

thanks for writing back, your right... i just want to comment on one thing, tha majority of decent people... lately in this crazy society it seems there are more people who follow no religion or spirital source, and are not so good,i havent seen many people like someone for who they are, rather than basd on what they look like or wear... seriously if there is a normal person at the shopping center.. well i cant really define normal, but just an individual.. ok and then a muslim women covered from head to toe walks in, or a indian who has some body odor, or a person who is a foreigner... and then an american girl .... and all of those people were in line waiting for someone who would the normal person most likely talk to?? or let go ahead first in the line if they had lesser stuff... certainly not the foriegners.... for some reason i feel people are very judgemental....... how come this world doesnt sit and make fun of chinese people and make fun of them for owning all these restaurants.... but the say every convenience store is owned from a pakistanie, or an indian... right??/ i still think this world need to focus on one thing and one thing only that everyone is the same, no matter if they are rich or poor,,,,, black or white, or christian or muslim what is the difference... i am not trying to get into an arguement with you i am just stating my opinion... sorry thanks again please respond and happy valentines day...peace!!!

chrissy
Member
Member

Number of posts : 9
Appreciation Points : 4
Registration date : 2008-11-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why when people hear the word muslim.. so many bad things come to thier mind?

Post by Dreamer on February 14th 2009, 12:43 pm

for some reason i feel people are very judgemental.....
yes, some might even think describing the "white" person as the "normal" person as being judgemental.
not so much judgemental, but racial, or sterotypical.
I'm not trying to argue, but I do see aspects of your post that actually PROMOTE the kind of thinking that you are protesting.
Do you understand at all what I am saying?

Isn't judging someone for their "lack" of spirituality ....still a judgement?
avatar
Dreamer
Member
Member

Female
Number of posts : 117
Appreciation Points : 36
Registration date : 2008-12-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why when people hear the word muslim.. so many bad things come to thier mind?

Post by parrotlover100 on February 19th 2009, 12:53 pm

yes i tend to get upset with some muslim traditions mostly with the way the women are being treated and the worst thing about it their are born to be dominated by the male they are taught from very early years to obey the male. In my opionion all they are good for is child bearing slaves to the male waiting on them hand and foot. Plus they must cover from head to toe . This is mans doing not GODS. sorry this is how i feel. Crying or Very sad

parrotlover100
Member
Member

Female
Number of posts : 455
Age : 64
Location : connecticut
Hobbies : reading
Appreciation Points : 428
Registration date : 2008-09-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why when people hear the word muslim.. so many bad things come to thier mind?

Post by Spirit-Being on February 19th 2009, 1:39 pm

I have learned something through my experiences, we are all good people & we all make mistakes. It is up to each one of us to expand, learn and gain knowledge (Wisdom), so we don't make these mistakes anymore. We all find our own Truth's and i too have judged people many times for how spiritual they were or weren't. I am beginning to learn that judging people is never the way. The way we must follow is our own path, and to help others when we feel the need to. What people do is on them as long as you know you are living "Rightly" then you hold the keys.

Many Blessings

_________________


Quantum Alchemy
avatar
Spirit-Being
Administrator
Administrator

Male
Number of posts : 2276
Age : 41
Location : Milford, Connecticut
Hobbies : Reading, Creating Things, Music, Meditating, and Being a part of Nature
Appreciation Points : 2686
Registration date : 2008-09-14

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/spiritsjourneyforum

Back to top Go down

Re: Why when people hear the word muslim.. so many bad things come to thier mind?

Post by Tsura on September 9th 2010, 12:38 pm

Because of recent events that are coming our way, I need to express myself on this topic. Religion is beautiful when used wisely. I may not be a religous person, I follow none, but I know that true followers are simply wonderful people. My grandfather was an amazing purely loving Christian always teaching about love, compassion and forgiveness. 9/11 created fear, a fear that is still going on. This fear will keep growing because of our media and how society pushes us to follow its structure. It is not the religion, but the true motive behind all this hatred is fear - fear of the unknown - fear to be judged - fear... fear, and more fear. We live in a fearful world. Most of us know nothing about Islam and fear it simply because of the events that took place. Our fear creates our illusion, an illusion how our own society placed on us when we were born. There is no one to blame for this, not one person. We can point fingers all day and still there will be no solution.

All we can do is start to love each other, yet so many people are ignorant and blind. Their mind is closed to the multiple possibilites there are in this world. There are people saying they are following what our Creator wants them to do, but what they are really doing is hurting our brothers and sisters. People can debate all day about what they believe in, cause a commotion about it, and still get nothing out of it. The burning of the Quran that is coming soon will hurt so many of our fellow kin. Do we really want this? Most of us don't, but no one can control a religous battle, almost like the medieval ages and crusades all over again. How I see it, they appear to be children throwing their toys at one another. Try as we might to stop them, their piles of toys block us from getting through to their fearful illusion. Only the children need to truly accept the love from our Creator, truly feel his love as he cradles them, instead of listening to others lecturing about his existence. A lecture does not give true experience of our Father, our true experience is when we experience his love.

We are all one and the same, yet unique in many forms.

Love and Light

xox

Tsura
avatar
Tsura
Member
Member

Female
Number of posts : 9
Age : 25
Appreciation Points : 15
Registration date : 2010-09-08

View user profile http://rainbow-serenity.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Why when people hear the word muslim.. so many bad things come to thier mind?

Post by izzizz on June 26th 2012, 6:00 pm

Two things: Media misconception.

(Misconceptions set by the media)
avatar
izzizz
Member
Member

Number of posts : 2
Appreciation Points : 4
Registration date : 2012-06-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why when people hear the word muslim.. so many bad things come to thier mind?

Post by Vanilla2 on June 27th 2012, 5:49 am

You could be right there izzizz. Because the media is letting us believe that the Muslims are, or will be, taking over.

_________________
Peace Calm and Tranquility
avatar
Vanilla2
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 1209
Appreciation Points : 1613
Registration date : 2009-08-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why when people hear the word muslim.. so many bad things come to thier mind?

Post by ATouchofHeart on May 8th 2013, 12:15 am

I was looking for a place to post something tonight after a painful experience I had tonight. My post will be about an accident I had tonight, and the Dr. I met in the urgent care (E.R.) who is Muslim. Praise

I saw Faith & belief and thought I'd take a peek.

I will title my post somewhere ....... "I broke his heart" worth reading. It made my night........it will take me a while to write it though I am handicapped in a way as of 2 hrs ago.

avatar
ATouchofHeart
Member
Member

Female
Number of posts : 808
Age : 62
Location : Southern, California on a Indian Reservation. Search for truth in Spirituality.
Hobbies : Everything Spiritual, Machine Embroidery, Quilting, Writing Poetry, Computer and creative software, Writing, Artwork.....never bored.
Tell us about yourself : Iím a widow; I lost my spouse April 16, 1999 to a broken heart and Cancer. He was a Native American. I have lived on his Reservation in California for 37 years. We were married 23 years. We had two children, lost one to a drunk driver in 97 before my spouse died. I started my spiritual journey when son passed; but woke up to spirituality abruptly June 2009 when I had an event reading by James Van Praagh and he brought through eight deceased relatives. I would love to be a medium in the future, and share that spiritual connection with those who have lost. I take photos of spirits in clouds. One of my favorite spirit photographs at night is an apparition of a Native American Male.
Appreciation Points : 972
Registration date : 2013-02-18

View user profile http://atouchofheart-poetry.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Why when people hear the word muslim.. so many bad things come to thier mind?

Post by Soothsayer on May 10th 2013, 1:55 pm

I work with all religions - Muslim, Sikh, Hindi and Bangladeshi as well as English, scottish & Irish... we all get on famously... I find the ones that call Others Racists... or make a remark... are the worst offenders and are racists themselves. There was only one person who created problems by drawing attention to innocent remarks and once someone actually confronted them - they backed down and left the company - since then we have had no problems
and get on absolutely marvelous with each other jokes included.!.. sometimes it is the bad apples in the barrells that create the trouble.
avatar
Soothsayer
Member
Member

Female
Number of posts : 39
Location : spiritual heaven
Hobbies : Tarot, Crystal, spiritualism Holistics
Tell us about yourself : down to earth GSOH full time working Mum of 3
Appreciation Points : 43
Registration date : 2013-04-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why when people hear the word muslim.. so many bad things come to thier mind?

Post by bhagavandas on May 10th 2013, 6:15 pm

I have to reply to this post. Some may think I'm being judgmental. However, I have to way this: Islam is probably the MOST judgmental religion in the world. It's the most intolerant religion in the world. If people seem intolerant of them, or if they are AFRAID of them, it's for a very good reason.
chrissy wrote:I feel that everybody is very judgemental. When someone sees a person with thier head covered they automatically dislike them just because of what they are wearing is that right? i dont think so everybody has different ideas, or likes or dislikes.. do people ever think about that jesus's mother mary covered? do they not know that jesus prayed like the prophet mohammed.. which is the same way the muslims pray.. i have alot to say about muslims.. i have been reading the quran from beggining to end i am 1/2 way through this.. and i find it very interesting.. i wish that people would open up thier minds and just be open to other peoples beliefs.. and not judge anyone by thier religion.. anyway if anyone has anything to say i will love to answer your questions to the best of my ability.. thank you and god bless you oh also, because of what happened on 911 everyone automatically hates muslims.. it is not all muslims that are bad just like there are not all christians that are good there is good and bad in everyone.. we should all i mean the world. come together and this world would be a better place.. no fighting killing robbing all the crimes.. religion is what people need maybe this will help everyone whatever religion it may be as long as you believe in one god and do righteous then i believe we will all go to heaven.. religion doesnt matter as long as you believe in your religion because in the end you are believing in one god... thanks that is it for now chrissy..
avatar
bhagavandas
Member
Member

Male
Number of posts : 104
Location : Pacific Northwest
Hobbies : Hiking, Vegetarian Cooking
Tell us about yourself : I'm self-employed. I'm into Bhakti Yoga.
Appreciation Points : 148
Registration date : 2013-03-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why when people hear the word muslim.. so many bad things come to thier mind?

Post by sunmystic on May 17th 2013, 2:32 pm

bhagavandas wrote:I have to reply to this post. Some may think I'm being judgmental. However, I have to way this: Islam is probably the MOST judgmental religion in the world. It's the most intolerant religion in the world. If people seem intolerant of them, or if they are AFRAID of them, it's for a very good reason.
chrissy wrote:I feel that everybody is very judgemental. When someone sees a person with thier head covered they automatically dislike them just because of what they are wearing is that right? i dont think so everybody has different ideas, or likes or dislikes.. do people ever think about that jesus's mother mary covered? do they not know that jesus prayed like the prophet mohammed.. which is the same way the muslims pray.. i have alot to say about muslims.. i have been reading the quran from beggining to end i am 1/2 way through this.. and i find it very interesting.. i wish that people would open up thier minds and just be open to other peoples beliefs.. and not judge anyone by thier religion.. anyway if anyone has anything to say i will love to answer your questions to the best of my ability.. thank you and god bless you oh also, because of what happened on 911 everyone automatically hates muslims.. it is not all muslims that are bad just like there are not all christians that are good there is good and bad in everyone.. we should all i mean the world. come together and this world would be a better place.. no fighting killing robbing all the crimes.. religion is what people need maybe this will help everyone whatever religion it may be as long as you believe in one god and do righteous then i believe we will all go to heaven.. religion doesnt matter as long as you believe in your religion because in the end you are believing in one god... thanks that is it for now chrissy..

I respect you having to say what you said. But this also needs to be said: Most Islamic folks are beautiful people and fun to be around. The problem is the narrow minded fundamentalist minority. And, the fundamentalist type personality is a problem in "all" religions not just Islam. Example: There is a lot of the world that is anti Christian because of a narrow minded fundamentalist minority that exists within the Christian religion, both historically and present day. There is always someone out there that takes the love and beauty out of something (not just religion) and turns that something into "not nice at all". For some reason there is always a group of people out there that have the "gift" of being able to destroy something that is beautiful or an attempt at creating something beautiful. Sometimes they do it for money, sometimes for power, and sometimes just for fun. sunmystic
avatar
sunmystic
Administrator
Administrator

Male
Number of posts : 944
Age : 68
Location : pacific nothwest, USA
Hobbies : none
Tell us about yourself : I love the loving Divine
Appreciation Points : 1034
Registration date : 2010-12-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why when people hear the word muslim.. so many bad things come to thier mind?

Post by Soothsayer on May 17th 2013, 3:35 pm

I found this very interesting in todays paper..... just wondered what others thought.... was surprised at the no:1 country for being lol loll


[url=http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2326136/Worlds-apart-Uganda-tops-list-ethnically-diverse-countries-Earth-South-Korea-comes-bottom.htmlcist ]www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2326136/Worlds-apart-Uganda-tops-list-ethnically-diverse-countries-Earth-South-Korea-comes-bottom.htmlcist [/url]
avatar
Soothsayer
Member
Member

Female
Number of posts : 39
Location : spiritual heaven
Hobbies : Tarot, Crystal, spiritualism Holistics
Tell us about yourself : down to earth GSOH full time working Mum of 3
Appreciation Points : 43
Registration date : 2013-04-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why when people hear the word muslim.. so many bad things come to thier mind?

Post by bhagavandas on May 23rd 2013, 10:48 am

Hi Sunnymystic, I agree with the spirit of what you have to say here, but I disagree that it's just a minority of Moslems who are the problem. I think that my 'problem' with the original post is this: people complain about intolerance against Moslems, whereas, from my experience, the intolerance is often not against Moslems, but it's Moslems being intolerant of others. Just a simple web search will show that places like Iran are completely intolerant of others. For instance, under Islamic law, a homosexual is to be executed by having a brick wall dropped on them. Those who convert to Christianity (and actually have the nerve to be baptized) are to be hung. Another example: a virgin may not be put to death, so they ensure that she is no longer a virgin by throwing her in prison with males. THIS IS TYPICAL OF SHARIA LAW. And this is NOT simply because a minority of Moslems are intolerant... it's their holy book the Koran that teaches intolerance. Also, those who adhere to a Fundamentalist stance on Islam (which most do) tend to be intolerant of others, even here in the USA. So, this idea that "Everybody is very judgemental" (as the original poster said) is really not true. People are not intolerant of Islam... Islam is intolerant of anything "un-Islam". If the Moslems would learn to be tolerant and nonjudgmental, then I seriously think that people would not be so anti-Islamic. It's not the religion people don't like, it's the attitude that people don't like.
I could go on and give examples from personal experience, but I wont do that.
sunmystic wrote:
bhagavandas wrote:I have to reply to this post. Some may think I'm being judgmental. However, I have to way this: Islam is probably the MOST judgmental religion in the world. It's the most intolerant religion in the world. If people seem intolerant of them, or if they are AFRAID of them, it's for a very good reason.
chrissy wrote:I feel that everybody is very judgemental. When someone sees a person with thier head covered they automatically dislike them just because of what they are wearing is that right? i dont think so everybody has different ideas, or likes or dislikes.. do people ever think about that jesus's mother mary covered? do they not know that jesus prayed like the prophet mohammed.. which is the same way the muslims pray.. i have alot to say about muslims.. i have been reading the quran from beggining to end i am 1/2 way through this.. and i find it very interesting.. i wish that people would open up thier minds and just be open to other peoples beliefs.. and not judge anyone by thier religion.. anyway if anyone has anything to say i will love to answer your questions to the best of my ability.. thank you and god bless you oh also, because of what happened on 911 everyone automatically hates muslims.. it is not all muslims that are bad just like there are not all christians that are good there is good and bad in everyone.. we should all i mean the world. come together and this world would be a better place.. no fighting killing robbing all the crimes.. religion is what people need maybe this will help everyone whatever religion it may be as long as you believe in one god and do righteous then i believe we will all go to heaven.. religion doesnt matter as long as you believe in your religion because in the end you are believing in one god... thanks that is it for now chrissy..

I respect you having to say what you said. But this also needs to be said: Most Islamic folks are beautiful people and fun to be around. The problem is the narrow minded fundamentalist minority. And, the fundamentalist type personality is a problem in "all" religions not just Islam. Example: There is a lot of the world that is anti Christian because of a narrow minded fundamentalist minority that exists within the Christian religion, both historically and present day. There is always someone out there that takes the love and beauty out of something (not just religion) and turns that something into "not nice at all". For some reason there is always a group of people out there that have the "gift" of being able to destroy something that is beautiful or an attempt at creating something beautiful. Sometimes they do it for money, sometimes for power, and sometimes just for fun. sunmystic


Last edited by bhagavandas on May 23rd 2013, 10:51 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typos)
avatar
bhagavandas
Member
Member

Male
Number of posts : 104
Location : Pacific Northwest
Hobbies : Hiking, Vegetarian Cooking
Tell us about yourself : I'm self-employed. I'm into Bhakti Yoga.
Appreciation Points : 148
Registration date : 2013-03-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why when people hear the word muslim.. so many bad things come to thier mind?

Post by Aussiepom on May 24th 2013, 1:26 pm

My daughter once brought home an Indian friend named Sunita. I had never met her before and was unsure how to treat her. Would she be wearing a sari? Would she be able to speak English? I knew very little about her except to know that she was a work mate of daughter.

In walked Sunita. She was in modern dress,a beautiful smile on her face and so friendly.
She spoke English with a English accent. Stood there a little uncertainly and not sure what reception she was going to get.

The day ended with me giving her a big hug and calling her 'my adopted daughter'.
I received a big smile.....

Sunita,you are welcome any time into my home!

Joan xx
avatar
Aussiepom
Member
Member

Female
Number of posts : 818
Age : 83
Location : Cambridgeshire UK
Hobbies : Reading,swimming and Spiritualism
Tell us about yourself : Widowed 6 years ago.
Appreciation Points : 891
Registration date : 2012-02-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why when people hear the word muslim.. so many bad things come to thier mind?

Post by bhagavandas on May 25th 2013, 11:38 pm

Hi Joan,
Well, I agree with your attitude. But, there is one major difference between Islam (Moslems) and Indians. Islam is a religion, not a race. Indian is a race. So, intolerance of Moslems isn't a racist issue, but a religious issue.
Aussiepom wrote:My daughter once brought home an Indian friend named Sunita. I had never met her before and was unsure how to treat her. Would she be wearing a sari? Would she be able to speak English? I knew very little about her except to know that she was a work mate of daughter.

In walked Sunita. She was in modern dress,a beautiful smile on her face and so friendly.
She spoke English with a English accent. Stood there a little uncertainly and not sure what reception she was going to get.

The day ended with me giving her a big hug and calling her 'my adopted daughter'.
I received a big smile.....

Sunita,you are welcome any time into my home!

Joan xx
avatar
bhagavandas
Member
Member

Male
Number of posts : 104
Location : Pacific Northwest
Hobbies : Hiking, Vegetarian Cooking
Tell us about yourself : I'm self-employed. I'm into Bhakti Yoga.
Appreciation Points : 148
Registration date : 2013-03-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why when people hear the word muslim.. so many bad things come to thier mind?

Post by Aussiepom on May 26th 2013, 6:55 am

Thanks Mike. I get confused with all of this religion stuff.
I know most of the religions throughout the world but Indian.....I haven't a clue!
Tears

Joan



bhagavandas wrote:Hi Joan,
Well, I agree with your attitude. But, there is one major difference between Islam (Moslems) and Indians. Islam is a religion, not a race. Indian is a race. So, intolerance of Moslems isn't a racist issue, but a religious issue.
Aussiepom wrote:My daughter once brought home an Indian friend named Sunita. I had never met her before and was unsure how to treat her. Would she be wearing a sari? Would she be able to speak English? I knew very little about her except to know that she was a work mate of daughter.

In walked Sunita. She was in modern dress,a beautiful smile on her face and so friendly.
She spoke English with a English accent. Stood there a little uncertainly and not sure what reception she was going to get.

The day ended with me giving her a big hug and calling her 'my adopted daughter'.
I received a big smile.....

Sunita,you are welcome any time into my home!

Joan xx
avatar
Aussiepom
Member
Member

Female
Number of posts : 818
Age : 83
Location : Cambridgeshire UK
Hobbies : Reading,swimming and Spiritualism
Tell us about yourself : Widowed 6 years ago.
Appreciation Points : 891
Registration date : 2012-02-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why when people hear the word muslim.. so many bad things come to thier mind?

Post by Soothsayer on May 26th 2013, 8:50 am

There are different cultures/religions within the Indian states.
as we have English, Scottish, welsh and Irish - so they have
Hindu, Bangladeshi, Sikh and Muslin - It is the radical groups that cause the Troubles and others jump on the bandwagon so to speak.

avatar
Soothsayer
Member
Member

Female
Number of posts : 39
Location : spiritual heaven
Hobbies : Tarot, Crystal, spiritualism Holistics
Tell us about yourself : down to earth GSOH full time working Mum of 3
Appreciation Points : 43
Registration date : 2013-04-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why when people hear the word muslim.. so many bad things come to thier mind?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum