Acting Together for Good

Go down

Acting Together for Good

Post by HypnoDude on April 22nd 2009, 4:19 pm

Cooperation

Cooperation seems simple: working together toward a common goal for the benefit of all involved. But amazingly it can be quite challenging, even when we have so many successful examples all around us. Human society is based upon the concept of cooperation, but finding a balance to ensure the good of all members of society is difficult. In nature, symbiotic relationships form between unlikely allies: a bee and a flower, a bird and a rhinoceros, small fish and sharks. Yet nature also shows us instances of constant competition in which only the strongest survive. Given the choice, it seems most people would choose the more peaceful path of cooperation. Intellectually, we know that together we can create something greater than what one could do alone, but cooperation still seems to be one of the greatest challenges people face. We donít always agree on how goals can be reached. Our priorities may be different, or our methods, but in the end, cooperation offers the best chance fo! r success.

So how can we learn to cooperate with each other? We can gain greater perspective by trying to understand one anotherís point of view, perhaps even putting ourselves in their place. We can search for commonalities as well as differences, and look for the good in different approaches. There is always more than one way of doing things, and some approaches are better suited for certain situations than others. All this is easier when we let go of the necessity to be right and to call others wrong. More important, we must believe that there is a solution that benefits all involved, not just one side.

The results of cooperation can be as simple as effortlessly getting everyone in your household to their appointments to large-scale social shifts to changing minds and hearts or policies that affect the future.

The Daily OM
HypnoDude

Male
Number of posts : 137
Appreciation Points : 94
Registration date : 2008-12-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Acting Together for Good

Post by Spirit-Being on April 23rd 2009, 2:47 am

The other day me and my girlfriend were on the phone talking about society. I have struggled with the idea of society i have always been against it never fully being apart of it. I am very outspoken when the conversation about society surfaces. The past few years i have been trying to find a way to be myself and let go of all the influences of society. But i do agree with cooperating and i do believe the group is much stronger than going it alone. So much benefit for all humanity when we work as a team so to speak. I have always longed to live in a spiritual community where all people were working towards the same goal. I think that is why i love being a part of this spiritual community with all of you.

I may be getting off the track here a bit but i have noticed the influences out in the world, i have to be very picky who i choose to hang around with only for the sake of my spiritual well being. I have not learned how to protect myself from the negative influences out in the world and i seem to soak it up like a sponge until i find myself in a state of depression. Yes this is where i am at now. I do love nature when i am in tune with it i have much more peace & Joy in my life.

Helping one another isn't that what life is all about?

HypnoDude wrote:So how can we learn to cooperate with each other?

Well i will try to answer this the best i know, i think we just need to Love each other in so doing we can learn to cooperate with each other with understanding.

HypnoDude wrote:So how can we learn to cooperate with each other?

Your insights on this question would be very helpful.

Many Blessings

Quantum Alchemy
Spirit-Being
Administrator
Administrator

Male
Number of posts : 2277
Hobbies : Reading, Creating Things, Music, Meditating, and Being a part of Nature
Appreciation Points : 2689
Registration date : 2008-09-14

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/spiritsjourneyforum

Back to top Go down

Post by d-knots on April 28th 2009, 6:04 pm

I love this topic...
cooperation is what I needed lately
and fought tooth and nail to get
so I wonder why was it so difficult to get....
yes from a family member...LOL

it's foreign or new influences that can mess up a smooth sailng ship
some manageable and others not...and, oh! how I wish to "turn back time"...LOL

LOVE to manage
d-knots
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 762
Appreciation Points : 803
Registration date : 2008-12-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on May 16th 2013, 7:10 am

So how can we learn to cooperate with each other?
The answer for me is that quality of yielding,waiving
one's precious ego-rights,standing aside to let that
inner goodness from the heart to flow through.
Sounds easy.It is the hardest thing in the world.
I fail regularly,but I keep trying.
The direction is important.I am digging a groove .
Stephen

Back to top Go down

Post by Aussiepom on May 17th 2013, 12:48 pm

Co-operation?

Simply to agree with a person on what decision has been reached on a certain subject.

Agreement between two or more people.

To help in making a decision.

I gave up.....the word Cooperation means such a lot..... Wink

Joan
Aussiepom

Female
Number of posts : 818
Hobbies : Reading,swimming and Spiritualism
Tell us about yourself : Widowed 6 years ago.
Appreciation Points : 891
Registration date : 2012-02-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sunmystic on May 17th 2013, 1:44 pm

Aussiepom wrote:Co-operation?

Simply to agree with a person on what decision has been reached on a certain subject.

Agreement between two or more people.

To help in making a decision.

I gave up.....the word Cooperation means such a lot..... Wink

Joan

Smile !
sunmystic
Administrator
Administrator

Male
Number of posts : 944
Hobbies : none
Tell us about yourself : I love the loving Divine
Appreciation Points : 1034
Registration date : 2010-12-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanilla2 on May 17th 2013, 1:57 pm

To cooperate - Doesn't it mean, to meet someone half way. Or it could mean, ok I'll give in, have it your way, I'll go along with it, if only to keep the peace. I guess you can cooperate, yet its not always on a willing basis.

Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 1209
Appreciation Points : 1613
Registration date : 2009-08-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sunmystic on May 17th 2013, 2:43 pm

Vanilla2 wrote:To cooperate - Doesn't it mean, to meet someone half way. Or it could mean, ok I'll give in, have it your way, I'll go along with it, if only to keep the peace. I guess you can cooperate, yet its not always on a willing basis.

What you have posted Vanilla is an awesome angle on things Smile ! And it sure fits my experience with "co-operation" Smile . sunmystic
sunmystic
Administrator
Administrator

Male
Number of posts : 944
Hobbies : none
Tell us about yourself : I love the loving Divine
Appreciation Points : 1034
Registration date : 2010-12-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aussiepom on May 17th 2013, 4:44 pm

Better explanation than mine. Couldn't find the correct words for it.....But yes,cooperation is giving on both sides.
Aussiepom

Female
Number of posts : 818
Hobbies : Reading,swimming and Spiritualism
Tell us about yourself : Widowed 6 years ago.
Appreciation Points : 891
Registration date : 2012-02-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Taurus20 on May 17th 2013, 7:04 pm

I feel that to cooperate is to honestly look at another persons viewpoint and try to understand it and see if you can find a way to accept it.

I don't believe we all have to believe in the same thing but we can accept what others believe and find a way to live with it.
COOPERATE. We are doing something for the benefit of another or others for a common goal.

It is always nice to cooperate if we can, but if what you are being asked to cooperate with goes against what you truly believe is for the best for others you don't have to do it. Many time egos get in the way of cooperation. Thumb
Taurus20

Female
Number of posts : 356
Hobbies : Meditation,reading, swimming,dancing and having fun .
Tell us about yourself : Looking for like minded people to connect with while on this spiritual journey.
Appreciation Points : 469
Registration date : 2013-02-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum