Spiritual Forums - Spirits Journey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What is your favorite tarot deck?

+6
serenity
Dreamer
Spirit-Being
Wind-Dancer
2Fast2Furious
Michael
10 posters

Go down

What is your favorite tarot deck? Empty What is your favorite tarot deck?

Post by Michael October 9th 2008, 4:36 pm

I have been interested in tarot for about a year give or take. I became interested in symbolism and tarot had just that. Some people believe tarot to be of a dark nature but this is not true it all depends on your intentions and as there are some negative tarot decks out there, the best way to choose a deck is to go with your inner guidance, this is the good side of each one of us and our inner guidance will never lead us astray. If you dont know how to listen to your inner guidance think of it this way, when ever you have any loving thought and all you strive to do is good then it makes it that much easier to listen to our inner guidance it would be hard to explain how to do this as i am still learning. What i was really wondering was what are all your favorite tarot decks? and how and why did you obtain these deck(s) out of all the many decks out there.

Many Blessings
Michael
Michael
Administrators
Administrators

Male
Number of posts : 20
Hobbies : Reading, Creating, Music,and Being a part of Nature
Tell us about yourself : I am kind, Love helping people, and a Spiritually minded person.
Appreciation Points : 11
Registration date : 2008-09-20

Back to top Go down

What is your favorite tarot deck? Empty Re: What is your favorite tarot deck?

Post by 2Fast2Furious October 10th 2008, 8:41 am

Tell your own fortune - Author Jane Struthers
In this pack I recieved as a gift where a pack of Royal Tarot Cards these cards have proved to be very accurate when giving out readings.
Couple of weeks ago my friend read me my cards with my pack, as some people believe that to read your own cards is bad luck, although when I first used to use the cards I had to go from my own knowlegde first before I would become confident enough to read others without alarming anyone. Most people are skeptical an they believe that on giving readings that we could possibly come out an say something they wouldn't want to hear.
I have usually found that as soon as you open a pack of tarot cards people begin to believe that you are pyschic or a witch of some sort with it. LOL. As you are all aware being on such a site like this that we all have these abilities just that some of take us take longer to tune into these sort of things.

I can get you the Isbn number to this fabulous book someone bought me if you wish just Pm message me an be more than happy to show you the way
x
2Fast2Furious

Female
Number of posts : 11
Hobbies : caving, reading, love tarot cards an books that have deep subjects in it like spirits an stuff!
Tell us about yourself : single mum, helps others in life before myself
Appreciation Points : 0
Registration date : 2008-10-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael October 11th 2008, 1:01 pm

2Fast2Furious wrote:I have usually found that as soon as you open a pack of tarot cards people begin to believe that you are pyschic or a witch of some sort with it. LOL.

So true i have had something similar happen as soon as i bought my first deck everyone was facinated with the cards, and they asked me to give them a reading but as with any begginer i had no idea what i was doing, thank god i had joan bunning's book learning the tarot this helped a bunch, what i am still struggling with is interpreting the cards without reffering to the book.

2Fast2Furious wrote:As you are all aware being on such a site like this that we all have these abilities just that some of take us take longer to tune into these sort of things

well said, we all have extraordinary gifts when we realize we have these gifts we begin to see our potential.

My first tarot deck i purchased was the Rider Waite Tarot This is a great begginer deck it also goes well with joan bunnings book learning the tarot she reffers to each card and gives her descriptioon of each card in detail.

As of late i have had my eye on a special tarot deck that i have been drawn to: Gilded Tarot the cards are beautiful the artwork is colorful and very sharp. I will add some pictures of the gilded tarot below.

What is your favorite tarot deck? Gilded-00709What is your favorite tarot deck? Gilded-00708What is your favorite tarot deck? Gilded-00707What is your favorite tarot deck? Gilded-00706What is your favorite tarot deck? Gilded-00704
Michael
Michael
Administrators
Administrators

Male
Number of posts : 20
Hobbies : Reading, Creating, Music,and Being a part of Nature
Tell us about yourself : I am kind, Love helping people, and a Spiritually minded person.
Appreciation Points : 11
Registration date : 2008-09-20

Back to top Go down

What is your favorite tarot deck? Empty my favorite deck

Post by Wind-Dancer October 11th 2008, 1:33 pm

hello, Im looking forward to buying a guilded deck, its so beautiful.
Wind-Dancer
Wind-Dancer
Administrators
Administrators

Female
Number of posts : 673
Hobbies : gardening, cooking, painting, fishing, reading
Tell us about yourself : Im half cherokee and half irish.Im very proud of my heritage. Im a rebel at heart.
Appreciation Points : 931
Registration date : 2008-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit-Being January 29th 2009, 11:50 pm

My favorite tarot deck is the original Rider Waite. Yes i am Purespirit as well in case many of you did not know this, i decided to use this screen name for all posting. purespirit is going into retirement lol

Many Blessings
Spirit-Being
Spirit-Being
Founder
Founder

Male
Number of posts : 2293
Hobbies : Reading, Creating Things, Music, Meditating, and Being a part of Nature
Appreciation Points : 2727
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Dreamer January 30th 2009, 2:58 pm

purespirit wrote:

My first tarot deck i purchased was the Rider Waite Tarot This is a great begginer deck it also goes well with joan bunnings book learning the tarot she reffers to each card and gives her descriptioon of each card in detail.

As of late i have had my eye on a special tarot deck that i have been drawn to: Gilded Tarot the cards are beautiful the artwork is colorful and very sharp. I will add some pictures of the gilded tarot below.

What is your favorite tarot deck? Gilded-00709What is your favorite tarot deck? Gilded-00708What is your favorite tarot deck? Gilded-00707What is your favorite tarot deck? Gilded-00706What is your favorite tarot deck? Gilded-00704
These are beautiful! Going by looks alone I might want to get some of these.
Dreamer
Dreamer

Female
Number of posts : 117
Appreciation Points : 36
Registration date : 2008-12-11

Back to top Go down

Post by serenity January 30th 2009, 7:02 pm

Mine is also the Rider Waite
serenity
serenity

Female
Number of posts : 4
Hobbies : Im a practising psychic/tarot reader, have been reading for 5 years now, the learning is never endin
Appreciation Points : 0
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit-Being January 30th 2009, 10:16 pm

I bought the "Gilded Tarot" some time back the art work is amazing, but the cards are not protected well, the coating on the back and front is not very glossy, any how when i got this deck it reminded me of a very cheap regular playing deck of cards. But i do love this deck regardless, the images are wonderful, and an experienced interpreter should be okay with this deck. In my humble opinion it is not a very good beginner deck. I am somewhat of a beginner and i have a tough time interpreting the cards.

Mostly i use the Rider Waite but occasionally i will take out the Gilded Deck and see what the energy of the cards is.

Many Blessings
Spirit-Being
Spirit-Being
Founder
Founder

Male
Hobbies : Reading, Creating Things, Music, Meditating, and Being a part of Nature

Back to top Go down

Post by FIRE June 27th 2009, 3:37 pm

Well, I guess I just comfortable with Rider Waite. It's was my original and second purchase.
FIRE
FIRE

Female
Number of posts : 17
Hobbies : parrots, internet, graphics
Tell us about yourself : witch, empath, psychic, telekinetic, healer, parrot lover. I love doing graphic art on my PC, astral travel
Appreciation Points : 33
Registration date : 2009-06-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit-Being July 3rd 2009, 10:01 am

Yes i agree Rider Waite is my favorite deck.

Does anyone else have a favorite deck?

Many Blessings
Spirit-Being
Spirit-Being
Founder
Founder

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by peaceandkarma May 4th 2011, 9:54 pm

I love the Rider Waite deck as well. I also have The Sharman Caselli Tarot deck and I perfer the card designs on this deck than the Rider Waite deck. They just seem to look better. I also love Doreen Virtue and her range of Oracle Cards. I really love her Ascended Masters Oracle Cards and I also have a deck of her Messages from your Angels Oracle Cards as well. I find Angel Cards slighty easier to use than Tarot cards as you can give yourself a one card or a three card reading. Wave
peaceandkarma
peaceandkarma

Male
Number of posts : 104
Tell us about yourself : I'm interested in all things New Age and Spiritualism
Appreciation Points : 120
Registration date : 2011-03-24

Back to top Go down

Post by d-knots May 15th 2011, 9:36 pm

I have Doreen's cards
but life's been so hard
over the last few years
I just haven't connected
with them well enough...

I loved her Ascended Masters book
and her Angels book too... Rainy ..LOL
d-knots
d-knots
Administrators
Administrators

Number of posts : 760
Appreciation Points : 799
Registration date : 2008-12-16

Back to top Go down

Post by peaceandkarma June 6th 2011, 7:26 pm

I've got a new deck of Oracle Cards called The Druid Animal Oracle Deck by Philip & Stephanie Carr-Gomm. They seem a very interesting deck. They seem to have used Native American thought and applied them to a Celtic theme. I've not really used them a great deal yet but I really like them.
peaceandkarma
peaceandkarma

Male
Number of posts : 104
Tell us about yourself : I'm interested in all things New Age and Spiritualism
Appreciation Points : 120
Registration date : 2011-03-24

Back to top Go down

Post by d-knots June 8th 2011, 7:14 pm

I used to spread Colette Baron Reid's
Oracle cards and kept getting the
Phoenix so I didn't want to spread
them again. You know rising out of
the ashes....

I couldn't afford all the tearing down
and rebuilding....LOL

they were real to me...LOL Tree Hug
d-knots
d-knots
Administrators
Administrators

Number of posts : 760
Appreciation Points : 799
Registration date : 2008-12-16

Back to top Go down

What is your favorite tarot deck? Empty Too Many!

Post by Pippa Tea December 1st 2011, 11:31 am

Too many to pin down! I like the Faery Wicca, Sacred Circle & the Witches and if I want to work with a classic deck I like the Marseille!
Pippa Tea
Pippa Tea

Female
Number of posts : 11
Hobbies : Tarot Cards, Antiques, Paranormal, Faeries
Tell us about yourself : Born in the wrong era!
Appreciation Points : 15
Registration date : 2011-12-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit-Being March 13th 2012, 6:48 pm

Those are really nice decks Pippa. Love the Faery Wicca Deck Thumb

Faery Wicca
What is your favorite tarot deck? Faery-10

Sacred Circle
What is your favorite tarot deck? Sacred10

Witches
What is your favorite tarot deck? Witche10

Marseille
What is your favorite tarot deck? Univer10

Many Blessings
Spirit-Being
Spirit-Being
Founder
Founder

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down