contemplation

View previous topic View next topic Go down

contemplation

Post by skfarblums on June 25th 2014, 7:19 am

There is a time for composure and contemplation. As a result of profound contemplation, a hidden force emanates from us, influencing others without their being aware of it. Do not underestimate the power of this force. Like the wind blowing across the treetops, its presence is perceived through the effect it has on everything it touches.

Shallow wells rarely strike water, and shallow minds often come up empty. The ability to keep still and simply observe deepens resolve, and attracts good fortune. Discern the difference between what is deep and what is surface within yourself — and you will be able to distinguish between the two in the outer world as well.

During a period between events, the practice of stillness with awareness is a good idea. Only by observing and absorbing the true nature of things — by apprehending the rhythms and cycles, which guide all creation — can we discover the laws that apply to our lives. Examine yourself and the overall situation, not just with the thought of discovering truth, but with the idea of focusing your personal power. This is a time to see and be seen.
skfarblums

Male
Number of posts : 33
Hobbies : mysticism,computers,reading
Tell us about yourself : mystic retiree
Appreciation Points : 59
Registration date : 2014-06-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: contemplation

Post by laura ann on June 25th 2014, 12:21 pm

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

simple version is ..

BE QUIET and LISTEN INTERNALLY

BE STILL .and WATCH/OBSERVE

QUIET your mind chatter and .....LISTEM, OBSERVE , FEEL
laura ann

Number of posts : 739
Appreciation Points : 999
Registration date : 2012-04-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by laura ann on June 25th 2014, 12:24 pm

I Wrote this some time ago....

THE SENSES
What is this noise coming into my ears? I find it most pleasing, like a lover who's teasing. The euphoria is heightened, my senses are rising. I seem to be shifting like my body is trying to adjust to some kind of change. My fingers are tingling,my eyes are a flickering. My nose is a sniffling, as my ears are deafening.
 What in this world has awakened my senses? I seem to be able to smell the air. I can feel it coming, is that the rain out in the distance I see. What is making such a difference in the senses in me?
The silence is pounding inside of my head. So that's what it is  that seems to be surrounding around me. The noise I can't hear. It's ever so pleasing. It's enveloping my body like a lovers arm. Warm and inticing with a gentle caress. My body is reacting in such pleasing ways, my senses  alerted me in new and unique ways. It's call is so welcoming  wanting to give me more.
What could this mean? Is this some kind of message for me? Could the universe be saying turn off all that noise.  To look within  and I'll find more enticing energy buried  beside the  silence within. This is so nice it must be a sin.
What is it the experts do say? When one sense is weak the other four kick in. It sure would explain a lot of this to me. If  I am weak of sight then I   silenced my ears surely  it would cause  the other three senses to jump in. It has been  an amazing experience as I watch them unfold.  I believe it is  very typical of  a person who is  Highly sensitive anyway to have a  heightened set of senses to access this way. They sure are fun when they come out to play.
So with dulled vision to start I  silenced my ears, and sat for a bit and just observed. I felt the rain coming from far off in the distance. My fingers tingled as if to say the rain is coming this way. It was almost as if I could reach up and touch it. Then my nose could smell what I could not see or hear, the moisture that was in the air. As the breeze waifted past my face, making me turn up my face as if a lover had brushed a tender kiss on my cheek so I drew a breathe of it as it past by.
 And not just my senses are  enjoying this test as it was quite a pleasure to just sit in the grass  in quiet revelry. No sounds of the phones, or cars screeching by. No voices  lifting and lilting and going on and on. No voices to penetrate my quiet surround.
Maybe I got it the message so clear.  Turn off all that external  noise. That constantly drums in your ears. The T.V, the Ipod, the phone on your desk, Stop typing and chattering and tweeting  and scrolling.
Go outside with earplugs and find you a already quiet spot and just sit. What do you see, what do you feel, what do you smell? I bet you then could tell a lot of what you truly need. You then will see with a new set of eyes... You may find a land that will delight and amaze you. As you peel back the layers of it's noisy disguise.
 So silence some chaos in your atmosphere. Let your senses guide you as they explore, See if you can  find true inner happiness in the outdoors. See what your senses might have to say. Let them come out to play. Try it for an hour a day or at least the thirty minutes you can find.
A  calmer you......you might just find.
8/09
laura ann

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by skfarblums on June 25th 2014, 12:36 pm

Lovely Laura.You are out of your time.You belong to the times in which people
felt one with the earth around them and became one this earth.
I wonder if the earth misses people like you.
Thank you for writing this.
skfarblums

Male
Number of posts : 33
Hobbies : mysticism,computers,reading
Tell us about yourself : mystic retiree
Appreciation Points : 59
Registration date : 2014-06-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by laura ann on February 5th 2015, 3:32 pm

I missed it Stephen... have yearned to move out of city atmosphere for many years back to a more  simple  life and  more of a nature setting.

Finally moved to a country setting...cant wait till spring to  go outside and just sit and embrace the trees, and birds.to watch the sky and  simply be one with all that is.
laura ann

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by laura ann on February 13th 2015, 9:40 am

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh... I did mention moving  out of the city lol

winter seems to be lasting tooo long.....yearning for spring
these ole' bones aching from all this cold temps
laura ann