Spiritual Forums - Spirits Journey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Does this work?

2 posters

Go down

Does this work? Empty Does this work?

Post by skfarblum September 24th 2013, 3:39 am

"There is no personal God apart from the one that human beings have created; there is no personal Devil apart from the one that human beings have created. There is no golden heaven, no fiery hell. These are the imaginings of those whose views are limited. The Great Spirit is the Law. Know that, and you have learned life's greatest secret, for once you realise the world is governed by unchangeable, unbreakable, immutable, omnipotent law, you know that justice is done and none can be forgotten in the great scheme of creation.

"There is a plan for the whole of humanity. It was devised by evolved spiritual beings in my world. The plan is to liberate spiritually, mentally and physically all those in your world who can be reached as they are ready to be helped. It is a plan for nations and for individuals. It will gradually outwork itself and we are not in a hurry.

"With an understanding of how the universe is ruled, and with a dismissal of the idea of a partisan God, there does come to the mind a picture of sequence, orderliness, rhythm, harmony and perfect balance. The individual realises that he is part of an infinite scheme, his own life playing its measured part in the divine plan.

"As our teaching grows in your world, it will mean the end of all separateness between people. It will mean the end of national barriers. It will mean the end of race distinctions, class distinctions, colour distinctions and all the distinctions between churches and chapels, temples, mosques and synagogues, for gradually all will learn that they have a part of the Great Spirit’s truth and that the part enshrined in the heart of every other religion in no way contradicts that portion which is precious to them.

"So, out of the apparent confusion, the divine pattern will take its shape and harmony and peace will come. I tell you these things, so that you can understand part of the great Plan, the part that we who return from the world of spirit play in it, and the part that each one of you must play in it before your earthly course is run.

"There is a pattern in all human life, and it repeats itself. Especially is this the case in the lives of those who have service to render. There are no chances, no coincidences, no miracles. The supreme fact about the whole of life in its infinite variations is that the law runs throughout the vast universe, and nothing and nobody is outside the operation of natural law."

The above quote is from the Teachings of Silver Birch and I
copied it from a poster who goes by the pseudonym "zerdini".

In the above quote I asked myself where is the room for freewill?
My answer I found in the fact that despite such a controlled universe there is room
for me to choose my attitude.My universe is a mental one.My choice of attitude
creates it.So what are my basic attitudes?
I have five.

1)Unconditional love
2)Let go of my ego's rights
3)what I do to others I do to myself
4)Have compassion for all
5)Love my enemies
skfarblum
skfarblum
Administrators
Administrators

Male
Number of posts : 155
Hobbies : Walking,reading,meditation,open source
Tell us about yourself : Serious minded.Dry sense of humour.Very emotional.
Appreciation Points : 241
Registration date : 2013-08-22

Back to top Go down

Does this work? Empty Re: Does this work?

Post by mia September 24th 2013, 4:24 am

These are my thoughts too, except for 'Great Spirit' I prefer Universe.
And as for free spirit, if you do turn from your path, whether on purpose or accidently, nothing goes right, accidents and arguments occur and you are so unhappy.
But, the free will is there if you choose it xxxx
mia
Administrators
Administrators

Female
Number of posts : 983
Hobbies : Gardening, Driving,card crafting
Tell us about yourself : See my intro
Appreciation Points : 1363
Registration date : 2009-05-16

Back to top Go down

Post by skfarblum September 24th 2013, 4:35 am

Thanks mia.It took some courage to post this.As it is such
a personal and somewhat dogmatic sounding posting.
I do not intend it to be like that.Each of us is free to believe
what they want.We are all equals amongst equals
skfarblum
skfarblum
Administrators
Administrators

Male
Number of posts : 155
Hobbies : Walking,reading,meditation,open source
Tell us about yourself : Serious minded.Dry sense of humour.Very emotional.
Appreciation Points : 241
Registration date : 2013-08-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down