THE SENSES

View previous topic View next topic Go down

THE SENSES

Post by laura ann on August 8th 2013, 4:37 pm

†THE SENSES

What is this noise coming into my ears? I find it most pleasing, like a lover who's teasing. The euphoria is heightened, my senses are rising. I seem to be shifting like my body is trying to adjust to some kind of change. My fingers are tingling,my eyes are a flickering. My nose is a sniffling, as my ears are deafening.

†What in this world has awakened my senses? I seem to be able to smell the air. I can feel it coming, is that the rain out in the distance I see. What is making such a difference in the senses in me?

The silence is pounding inside of my head. So that's what it is† that seems to be surrounding around me. The noise I can't hear. It's ever so pleasing. It's enveloping my body like a lovers arm. Warm and inticing with a gentle caress. My body is reacting in such pleasing ways, my senses† alerted me in new and unique ways. It's call is so welcoming† wanting to give me more.

What could this mean? Is this some kind of message for me? Could the universe be saying turn off all that noise.† To look within† and I'll find more enticing energy buried† beside the† silence within. This is so nice it must be a sin.

What is it the experts do say? When one sense is weak the other four kick in. It sure would explain a lot of this to me. If† I am weak of sight then I†† silenced my ears surely† it would cause† the other three senses to jump in. It has been† an amazing expereince as I watch them unfold.† I believe it is† very typical of† a person who is† Highly sensitive anyway to have a† heightened set of senses to access this way. They aure are fun when they come out to play.

So with dulled vision to start I† silenced my ears, and sat for a bit and just observed. I felt the rain coming from far off in the distance. My fingers tingled as if to say the rain is coming this way. It was almost as if I could reach up and touch it. Then my nose could smell what I could not see or hear, the moisture that was in the air. As the breeze waifted past my face, making me turn up my face as if a lover had brushed a tender kiss on my cheek so I drew a breathe of it as it past by.

And not just my senses are† enjoying this test as it was quite a pleasuer to just sit in the grass† in quiet revelry. No sounds of the phones, or cars screeching by. No voices† lifting and lilting and going on and on. No voices to penetrate my quiet surround.

Maybe I got it the message so clear.† Turn off all that external† noise. That constantly drums in your ears. The T.V, the Ipod, the phone on your desk, Stop typing and chattering and tweeting† and scrolling.

Go outside with earplugs and find you a already quiet spot and just sit. What do you see, what do you feel, what do you smell? I bet you then could tell a lot of what you truly need. You then will see with a new set of eyes... You may find a land that will delight and amaze you. As you peel back the layers of it's noisy disguise.

So silence some chaos in your atmosphere. Let your senses guide you as they explore, See if you can can find true inner happiness in the outdoors. See what your senses might have to say. Let them come out to play. Try it for an hour a day or at least the thirty minutes you can find.

A† calmer you......you might just find.

© Laura
laura ann

Number of posts : 739
Appreciation Points : 999
Registration date : 2012-04-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: THE SENSES

Post by Guest on August 9th 2013, 12:10 pm

Laura really lovely
Thanks
Stephen

Back to top Go down

Post by Aussiepom on August 9th 2013, 1:59 pm

I find that very relaxing,Laura. † † I love it.....Smile

Joan xx
Aussiepom

Female
Number of posts : 818
Hobbies : Reading,swimming and Spiritualism
Tell us about yourself : Widowed 6 years ago.
Appreciation Points : 891
Registration date : 2012-02-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by laura ann on August 9th 2013, 4:12 pm

one of those things hat just flowed.. from outside myself mostly.

But† I did do that and found† an amazing world opened up in nature...

become one with it .. it may just change your life

just sharing.. but thank you all for your kind words..

I often hesitate to share stuff.. figure† read or† keep moving like I do lol
laura ann

Number of posts : 739
Appreciation Points : 999
Registration date : 2012-04-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aussiepom on August 9th 2013, 5:15 pm

Never hesitate to share anything if you think we like it......cos we do!

Very Happy

Joan xx
Aussiepom

Female
Number of posts : 818
Hobbies : Reading,swimming and Spiritualism
Tell us about yourself : Widowed 6 years ago.
Appreciation Points : 891
Registration date : 2012-02-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mia on August 9th 2013, 5:19 pm

I do that when I go on one of my 'escape days'
Just sit on the cliff tops overlooking the sea.
I can ignore passers by.
If I have sunglasses on, they don't know I have my eyes closed.
Or go to the woods, find an out of the way place and just sit, talking to the trees in my head .... they do answer too.

Have you ever gone inside a tree? or down into the earth?

mia
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 977
Hobbies : Gardening, Driving,card crafting
Tell us about yourself : See my intro
Appreciation Points : 1355
Registration date : 2009-05-16

View user profile http://miasjourney.weebly.com/index.html

Back to top Go down

Post by ATouchofHeart on August 18th 2013, 7:19 pm

Thanks Laura Ann, and Mia. love your "spots" you go to. I can picture them from your location.
ATouchofHeart

Female
Number of posts : 808
Location : Southern, California on a Indian Reservation. Search for truth in Spirituality.
Hobbies : Everything Spiritual, Machine Embroidery, Quilting, Writing Poetry, Computer and creative software, Writing, Artwork.....never bored.
Tell us about yourself : Iím a widow; I lost my spouse April 16, 1999 to a broken heart and Cancer. He was a Native American. I have lived on his Reservation in California for 37 years. We were married 23 years. We had two children, lost one to a drunk driver in 97 before my spouse died. I started my spiritual journey when son passed; but woke up to spirituality abruptly June 2009 when I had an event reading by James Van Praagh and he brought through eight deceased relatives. I would love to be a medium in the future, and share that spiritual connection with those who have lost. I take photos of spirits in clouds. One of my favorite spirit photographs at night is an apparition of a Native American Male.
Appreciation Points : 972
Registration date : 2013-02-18

View user profile http://atouchofheart-poetry.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ATouchofHeart on August 18th 2013, 7:39 pm

That was unique. I did a similar thing with a course JVP offered called "Enhancing Your Intuition" did it and I opened up†
I took the course July of 2009.
ATouchofHeart

Female
Number of posts : 808
Location : Southern, California on a Indian Reservation. Search for truth in Spirituality.
Hobbies : Everything Spiritual, Machine Embroidery, Quilting, Writing Poetry, Computer and creative software, Writing, Artwork.....never bored.
Tell us about yourself : Iím a widow; I lost my spouse April 16, 1999 to a broken heart and Cancer. He was a Native American. I have lived on his Reservation in California for 37 years. We were married 23 years. We had two children, lost one to a drunk driver in 97 before my spouse died. I started my spiritual journey when son passed; but woke up to spirituality abruptly June 2009 when I had an event reading by James Van Praagh and he brought through eight deceased relatives. I would love to be a medium in the future, and share that spiritual connection with those who have lost. I take photos of spirits in clouds. One of my favorite spirit photographs at night is an apparition of a Native American Male.
Appreciation Points : 972
Registration date : 2013-02-18

View user profile http://atouchofheart-poetry.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum