a strange experience while standing and washing dishes

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

a strange experience while standing and washing dishes

Post by Guest on June 20th 2013, 12:22 pm

I had a strange experience while standing and washing dishes.
Suddenly it just came to me,that life and everything that happens in it
is never about a me or an I.It is about Something Else.
At the time there is a person in the I.There is an I doing and there is an I feeling emotion
but when I look back in memory I do not see me ,I see a Something Else.
Have others had similar insights? and if you have any ideas about it?
Thanks
Stephen

Back to top Go down

Re: a strange experience while standing and washing dishes

Post by Arbel on June 20th 2013, 12:53 pm

Is it not possible that due to your awakening you are now viewing every thing in a different perspective as every thing is not always as it appears to be

Bill

Arbel

Number of posts : 241
Appreciation Points : 316
Registration date : 2013-02-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on June 20th 2013, 1:10 pm

Dear Bill,
I am not too happy about an awakening.But this Something Else is impersonal
in the sense nobody owns it and yet very personal as it works through my personal
I.It reminds me of when Moses asks to see the face of God and God warns him
that no man can look on His face and live,and when passing Moses by  He covers the crevice
where Moses is hiding,with His hand and after God has passed by Moses sees His back.
The story really meaning that in the present God and His actions cannot be seen by us,
but when looking back we see God has passed by ,because we see His back.
I actually have asked others if they are aware of this and all have said no.
Do you yourself feel things this way?
Stephen

Back to top Go down

Post by Arbel on June 20th 2013, 2:46 pm

It is written that Moses could not look on the face of God; the question is did it actually happen as most every thing has been distorted.   If it is true then our human minds would not be able to comprehend the face of God but in spirit we are made in the image of God so we should be able to see his image in the spirit world

Bill

Arbel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on June 21st 2013, 3:03 am

What you say is true Bill.I once read that we humans cannot recognize
God's presence in this world because we are unable to see Him/Her
face to face.
Let me ask your opinion on the below.
Where God is busy is in fields we are not able to see.One of these is our
future.Each moment we come to call now is from always a mass of probability moments.God is always trying to pick the best future from
a spectrum of futures in order to help mankind.So God always guides from the front.We see God's actions only from behind.That is if we look for it.
This is why plans are changed or delayed because the
future is always being altered.This way there is no interference in our freewill and God's good intent is maintained.
I hope you can understand my thinking.
Regards

Stephen

Back to top Go down

Post by Arbel on June 21st 2013, 4:39 am

That is a very complicated issue you have brought up Stephen and I don’t know if I can answer it; the basic context of the future always remains the same as ordained by God.  On this world there is one future for mankind and that is to evolve into a spiritual entity but the problem there is that the majority do not know about evolvement.  The future on this world is changed many times by mankind themselves regardless of what kind of future they create.  Like it is said God will not interfere with our free will so God creates a future by creating a parallel path for those who want it.  As I see it there are only two futures on this earth of one being light to evolvement and the other one being dark that leads only to destruction

Now with that being said some of us do not have that kind of future where we have to make a choice on this earth as we are already evolved and we are only here to guide others which is part of the future that that God ordained.  Granted there are many paths to both light and dark but again the basic context always remains the same

Bill

Arbel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on June 21st 2013, 5:36 am

That sounds good to me Bill.Thanks.

Back to top Go down

Post by Aussiepom on June 21st 2013, 11:42 am

What an interesting topic,Stephen.   You have revived my memories of reading this about God.
That none shall see his face.  Would we recognise it if we did?    What would be the effect on us if we did?    I often wonder what God's face would look like.    
Joan Good Post
Aussiepom

Female
Number of posts : 818
Hobbies : Reading,swimming and Spiritualism
Tell us about yourself : Widowed 6 years ago.
Appreciation Points : 891
Registration date : 2012-02-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on June 21st 2013, 12:17 pm

Well Joan I would like to guess that one day you will see God face to face.
But only as spirit.
I am glad you like the subject.
Stephen

Back to top Go down

Post by Arbel on June 22nd 2013, 4:25 am

An interesting point about the image of God is does God have two images; one being the image of the two halves merging into one spirit but in a different context what will be the image when the two spirits are separate.  We have to remember also that some of us have been made in the image of God so the point is we would have two images also

Bill

Arbel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on June 22nd 2013, 5:05 am

I do see God as Male-Female.Even if one wishes to equate the word god to
the word mind.Mind is certainly male-female.The right-left brain idea.
I personally prefer to use the word Mind in a god like manner.
Stephen

Back to top Go down

Post by Aussiepom on June 22nd 2013, 11:55 am

Brings to mind also 'dual personality'.      Not just faces but feminine  and masculine instincts.

Two are one,Bill.
Aussiepom

Female
Number of posts : 818
Hobbies : Reading,swimming and Spiritualism
Tell us about yourself : Widowed 6 years ago.
Appreciation Points : 891
Registration date : 2012-02-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Arbel on June 22nd 2013, 12:51 pm

Both Stephen and yourself know about Two are One but let me throw a spanner in the works of the mystery of the blessed trinity where there are Three in One Father/Mother/Son.  What has never been acknowledged in the mystery of the blessed trinity is the fact that there is a Son God along with the Mother/ Father God.  The Son God has never been known about with mankind because he was eradicated just like the Mother God was eradicate also by mankind and the blessed trinity is known as the Father/Son/Holy Ghost in this world

Bill

Arbel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on June 22nd 2013, 12:58 pm

I think in the human the personality could be considered the "son" part

Back to top Go down

Post by sunmystic on June 25th 2013, 11:31 am

Lord Jesus, the Christ of some folks, is quoted to have said, "If you die in My name you will live forever." So I suppose there is the possibility that if you looked upon the face of God in the name of Lord Jesus that you could die and live forever. Also when I look upon the face of God I see a terrible awful demon and what is funny is that that demon is me and if that demon was cast out of me, I would die.

john
sunmystic
Administrator
Administrator

Male
Number of posts : 944
Hobbies : none
Tell us about yourself : I love the loving Divine
Appreciation Points : 1034
Registration date : 2010-12-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on June 25th 2013, 11:57 am

I think John you are reflecting a personal truth.Perhaps within that demon is the Light?

Stephen

Back to top Go down

Post by sunmystic on June 25th 2013, 4:12 pm

skfarblum wrote:I think John you are reflecting a personal truth.Perhaps within that demon is the Light?

Stephen
Good question Stephen. "In the beginning the Earth was formless and void and darkness was over the surface of the deep; and the Spirit of God was moving over the surface of the of the waters (deep)." The deep is made up of an ocean of non moving particles that are in an absolute state of rest. When the Spirit of God moved over the surface of this deep (this ocean of non moving particles in an absolute state of rest) He created movement on it's surface. This movement He called "light" and He separated this movement/light from the non movement that He called "darkness". Now what is funny is that all of Creation is made up of "movement" and that there is not any non movement in Creation (at absolute zero Kelvin where all molecular motion stops, things things cease to exist in Creation). God then had a gob of movement/waters/light which He divided up into an upper half and lower half and then He "dried" up the lower half thus creating mass, of which we and our Earth are made out of. Because all of Creation is made out of movement and at all levels is in a state of movement and movement is called "light", there is no "darkness" in Creation. Stephen, there has to be light within the demon or the demon could not exist in Creation.

So Stephen Smile , at least according to physics there has to be "light" in the "demon" or it could not exist as a part of Creation. Your question is right on! john Smile
sunmystic
Administrator
Administrator

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on June 26th 2013, 8:19 am

There is I suspect even something deeper than Light.
Is it possible that your demon is your personal Christ in hidden form?
Stephen

Back to top Go down

Post by sunmystic on June 26th 2013, 12:10 pm

skfarblum wrote:There is I suspect even something deeper than Light.
Is it possible that your demon is your personal Christ in hidden form?
Stephen
What you said would put some poetry to things Stephen, that is for sure Smile. My demon is pure unadulterated fear and it says that if I do not have this fear that I will die. What is funny is that this demon exists in my subconscious mind's personality programing and if I attempt to remove this fear my subconscious mind shuts down my body and mind and I get sick. And if I continue to push things, then it will kill me through my autonomic nervous system. There is no light in this demon Stephen and there is no mercy in it. When I attempt to gaze upon the face of God and I hold the hand of Lord Jesus, God is the most beautiful loving thing that one could ever behold. When I attempt this without holding the hand of Lord Jesus, God is the most ugly terrifying thing that one could ever behold. The reason for this is is that you can not directly approach God without a loving divine intermediary if you carry any fear. Because if you do, all you will see is that fear. And the deeper the fear the worse things get, to the point that it will kill you. Intense fear will stop your heart. Stephen I have now resigned myself to the fact that I can not approach God directly without the help of a loving divine intermediary because of the intense fear that I carry in the personality programming of my subconscious mind. That irks me a bit Sad, but there does not seem to be anything that I can do about it. God is not of this world and sometimes one needs help if they wish to approach Him. I can not do it without help. I do not know why that upsets me, but oh well. It is better to light a candle than to curse the darkness and for me Lord Jesus is my candle, for other people it is somebody else. And I suspect that there are probably folks that can approach God without a loving divine intermediary, but I can't. I consider that a personal flaw of some sort, but I probably shouldn't Smile. Love, john
sunmystic
Administrator
Administrator

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on June 26th 2013, 12:46 pm

I need to think about on what you wrote ,John.
I understand what you wrote.God is the Ultimate Mirror all flaws
are reflected back at us.This is good because the "I" can never truly know
itself except via this reflection.In your case Lord Jesus's Love covers something 
in you which is incomplete.
What is this incompleteness? I do not know.Perhaps it will appear in your life.
Does this make sense to you?
I may be totally wrong.
Stephen

Back to top Go down

Post by sunmystic on June 26th 2013, 2:17 pm

skfarblum wrote:I need to think about on what you wrote ,John.
I understand what you wrote.God is the Ultimate Mirror all flaws
are reflected back at us.This is good because the "I" can never truly know
itself except via this reflection.In your case Lord Jesus's Love covers something 
in you which is incomplete.
What is this incompleteness? I do not know.Perhaps it will appear in your life.
Does this make sense to you?
I may be totally wrong.
Stephen
Stephen I look at things in a mechanical sense. I use to look at things from a poetry sense but I don't anymore. Stephen I do not know if you are totally wrong or not and I am probably not even qualified to say whether you are or not. From a mechanical sense, Jesus acts as a buffer and I look at God through Jesus' eyes. What I am seeing is what He is seeing and that which is being reflected back to be seen, is Lord Jesus. What you are presenting is the concept of "incompleteness", what I am presenting is the concept of "flawed". And flawed could be conceived as an aspect of incompleteness, but I do not think that that is what you mean. "Remove the log that is in your own eye before you attempt to remove the splinter from the eye of someone else." To me this indicates that there is a flaw that has to be removed.

Now to approach things from another angle, Plato, whom some folks consider the father of western philosophy, wrote something that was called "The Allegory of the Cave" and in this writing he said the it was like we are all living in a cave and that this cave was all that we knew. And that someone walked out the entrance of this cave, entered a new world, and then came back to tell others that there was a beautiful world beyond the entrance of the cave. Most because of fear of the unknown refused to believe what that someone said and those that were willing to look, went to the entrance and looked out. But because they could not understand what they were seeing they became afraid and went back into the cave. When I read "The Allegory of the Cave" it had a profound effect on me as a mystic. There is the possibility that God is that beautiful world that is outside of the cave but when I stand at the entrance of the cave and look at that beautiful outside world, because I can not understand what I am seeing, I see the terror of the unknown. But because Jesus has been to the outside world and sees it as it is, He has no fear of it. So, when I stand at the entrance to this outside world and hold Jesus' hand and look upon the terror of the unknown, I trust Him and feel no fear. Eventually the unknown will begin to make sense and the trees will be come trees, the grass will become grass, the mossy rocks will become mossy rocks, and the birds will become singing birds. Eventually I will be able to walk around outside of the cave without having to hold on to Jesus' hand, because the unknown will become the known and I will no longer be afraid. And at that moment I will be complete. Maybe Smile? Who knows? Another way of looking at it. john
sunmystic
Administrator
Administrator

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on June 26th 2013, 10:29 pm

Yes,I see better from where you are coming. and it seems very reasonable. I had often wondered how the "I"
could see itself.Perhaps only God can do this for the "I"
So in a way I too gained an insight I had not thought of before.
Useful conversation.
Thanks
Stephen

Back to top Go down

Post by ATouchofHeart on June 27th 2013, 1:31 am

skfarblum wrote:I had a strange experience while standing and washing dishes.
Suddenly it just came to me,that life and everything that happens in it
is never about a me or an I.It is about Something Else.
At the time there is a person in the I.There is an I doing and there is an I feeling emotion
but when I look back in memory I do not see me ,I see a Something Else.
Have others had similar insights? and if you have any ideas about it?
Thanks
Stephen

I just posted and lost it due to maintenance. Sad
must go to bed.
ATouchofHeart

Female
Number of posts : 808
Location : Southern, California on a Indian Reservation. Search for truth in Spirituality.
Hobbies : Everything Spiritual, Machine Embroidery, Quilting, Writing Poetry, Computer and creative software, Writing, Artwork.....never bored.
Tell us about yourself : I’m a widow; I lost my spouse April 16, 1999 to a broken heart and Cancer. He was a Native American. I have lived on his Reservation in California for 37 years. We were married 23 years. We had two children, lost one to a drunk driver in 97 before my spouse died. I started my spiritual journey when son passed; but woke up to spirituality abruptly June 2009 when I had an event reading by James Van Praagh and he brought through eight deceased relatives. I would love to be a medium in the future, and share that spiritual connection with those who have lost. I take photos of spirits in clouds. One of my favorite spirit photographs at night is an apparition of a Native American Male.
Appreciation Points : 972
Registration date : 2013-02-18

View user profile http://atouchofheart-poetry.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Arbel on June 27th 2013, 8:53 am

A long time back there was a small article in a news paper where it was stated that another gospel had been found written by Jesus himself stating God was not a loving God and nothing has happened since it was found.

In not being complete is it not possible that we need our other half to close the gap and for both to join together in order to make a person complete

Bill

Arbel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on June 27th 2013, 10:43 am

Arbel wrote:A long time back there was a small article in a news paper where it was stated that another gospel had been found written by Jesus himself stating God was not a loving God and nothing has happened since it was found.

In not being complete is it not possible that we need our other half to close the gap and for both to join together in order to make a person complete

Bill

Do you have any more information on that other gospel Bill ?
And yes indeed male-female spirit energies are needed for completeness.
Regards
Stephen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum