Spiritual Forums - Spirits Journey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I Cannot Believe What I Dreamed ......

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

I Cannot Believe What I Dreamed ...... - Page 2 Empty Re: I Cannot Believe What I Dreamed ......

Post by Aussiepom July 2nd 2013, 12:18 pm

sunmystic wrote:Yep I do have to agree with that. I am inclined to be a recluse, so making friends is hard for me to do. But I do admire folks that can do things and be social. I was thinking about what you said about friends and I only had two friends in my younger days and for the last thirty years my wife has been my only friend. I do feel like you are a friend though. And I am beginning to feel that others on this message board are friends also. Which is funny because I have been on message boards day in and day out for years and have never actually made any friends Smile. I don't blame them though, I blame myself and I have changed a lot these last few months. Life has issued me some cathartic experiences lately, at least in a mental sense, that have changed me a bunch. It is easier for me now to see the beauty in other people instead of the threat. john

I'm a bit like you,John..  Always a shy kid when I was young.   Found it hard to mix.
I feel I have made some very good friends on the Net than in real life.    Some are sincere some are not.
We have to be very careful who we make friends with in these day.   But I do find most sites are filled with the most beautiful people,this one particularly....Just to admit,you Americans are the friendliest of the lot.

You are wonderful folks...Circle of Friends 

Joan xxx
Aussiepom
Aussiepom

Female
Number of posts : 818
Hobbies : Reading,swimming and Spiritualism
Tell us about yourself : Widowed 6 years ago.
Appreciation Points : 891
Registration date : 2012-02-21

Back to top Go down

I Cannot Believe What I Dreamed ...... - Page 2 Empty Re: I Cannot Believe What I Dreamed ......

Post by sunmystic July 3rd 2013, 12:26 pm

Joan thanks for what you said about Americans, the ones that I have found to be the friendliest are the Brits. And I have always found Aussies to be friendly also. I was talking to an Aussie guy on a message board one time and I was telling him how cool Aussie guys seem to be. He said that they were not actually that cool Smile  he said that all we do is drink beer and watch football. An Aussie gal one time said the same thing. It is funny the stuff we pick up on the internet message boards. If I was ever to travel, and I probably never will, Australia and the British Isles are the only two places that I would ever want to go, which also includes the US. I have no desire to travel around the US. But Australia and Britain I would like to see. john
sunmystic
sunmystic
Administrators
Administrators

Male
Number of posts : 944
Hobbies : none
Tell us about yourself : I love the loving Divine
Appreciation Points : 1034
Registration date : 2010-12-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Aussiepom July 3rd 2013, 2:13 pm

My first husband,my daughter and I travelled to the USA in 1975,touring New York,Boston and New Jersey.
Were only there for a week so time was limited.   We came across many Americans who were always willing to help.
The one who didn't,was a Cop.  We asked how to get to a certain street and were told....'buy a street map!'....lol! 

That was in New York...So we went and bought a street map...cheers 

Aussies are wonderful.   I lived there 10 years.   Worked and made good friends there. I was so sorry I had to return to the UK.   
Most English folks would always make you welcome here,especially the ordinary working people.
The rich would stick their nose in the air and ask if you were rich....Sarcastic   Most countries have their good and bad.
My preference if I ever have the chance to go back would be Oz.

I have many friends there,including net friends.

joan x
Aussiepom
Aussiepom

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by sunmystic July 3rd 2013, 2:44 pm

Yep, the rich and the regular people (the unwashed masses Smile). You would never catch me in New York, Boston, or New Jersey! I don't think so Smile. The problem with America is that the is so many different nationalities of people that one never knows what they are stepping into because of the difference in cultures. Then you have regional cultures and educational cultures on top of that. Example, the South is still at war with the North (at least as far as the South is concerned) and the East Coast is a whole nether world than the West Coast, big city folks are way different than small town folks, and now I guess that the US (at least the western part) is bcomming fifty percent Hispanic with most of them being hard working nice people, but they do have a very different culture. The US is like living in one neighborhood all of your life and it has changed so much over the years that nothing is the same anymore. Some of it is scary and some of it is absolutely totally too cool! A
sunmystic
sunmystic
Administrators
Administrators

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Aussiepom July 3rd 2013, 3:11 pm

We have the same in the UK.   You probably read about the young soldier who was shot recently. Just out of the blue.
That episode has now started a revenge against the Indians,decent Indians who only want to work and keep their families together.    

My daughter would tell you about those.   Nice people and hard workers.    I have met some of them.
But personally my feelings are that immigration should be cut down.    

I didn't mind New Jersey.    I was a fan of Jack Jones then,remember him?   His father was Allan Jones,I think....The Donkey Serenade.?

Jack was playing in New Jersey,the only reason we visited....Smile 

The second year running we visited California.  Then San Francisco.   I love it there!   Los Vegas or is Las Vegas?
Never won a penny......Sad 

Joan x
Aussiepom
Aussiepom

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by sunmystic July 3rd 2013, 4:06 pm

Aussiepom wrote:We have the same in the UK.   You probably read about the young soldier who was shot recently. Just out of the blue.
That episode has now started a revenge against the Indians,decent Indians who only want to work and keep their families together.    

My daughter would tell you about those.   Nice people and hard workers.    I have met some of them.
But personally my feelings are that immigration should be cut down.    

I didn't mind New Jersey.    I was a fan of Jack Jones then,remember him?   His father was Allan Jones,I think....The Donkey Serenade.?

Jack was playing in New Jersey,the only reason we visited....Smile 

The second year running we visited California.  Then San Francisco.   I love it there!   Los Vegas or is Las Vegas?
Never won a penny......Sad 

Joan x

I pushed a key on my key board that caused all input from my key board to cease Smile  agg! I unplugged my computer and then restarted it, now everything works ok. I don't remember Allen or Jack Jones but I will google them to see what they are about. Joan you are quite the world traveler and it is Las Vegas. I have never been to Las Vegas or Reno. I have been to San Fransisco. We went to Chinatown at night and it was a very scary place Smile! But San Francisco in the daytime was fun. We rode a street car and that was really cool! I remember on the News about the solder being kill and thought that that was very sad and stupid. I have always wondered why Britain allows people to immigrate. It is such a small island and it seems to me that things would be crowded enough as it is. Work and keep their families together, you would find Hispanics interesting Smile. Anybody that is even distantly related is considered family and family is basically their world. And they are Catholic so the have a lot of children per couple. Here in the US these large families all live together is a very small space and I have no idea how but they seem to get along with each other. And the trouble comes not within a family, but between families and with those that are not Hispanic. Same old same old Smile. john
sunmystic
sunmystic
Administrators
Administrators

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Aussiepom July 4th 2013, 7:48 am

What button did you press,John and I will remember to give it a miss on mine...Very Happy 

Immigration is being held down now as far I know.  Also holidaymakers have to pay something if they need our Nat. Health treatment.     Though must admit the many years ago we visited the USA,my husband collapsed and I had to send for a doctor to come to the hotel.   First one to arrive was the police!   Checking him over for drugs....   Pity they don't do that here in the UK.

Once it was cleared he was free of drugs,they drove us to the hospital...I thought that was nice of them.
One policeman stayed with me while hubby was being checked out.    We chatted about the UK.  He was so kind.
...and we weren't charged for the hospital bill.    So I sent a donation to the hospital.
Lovely folks over there.    

Talking about immigrants,there is a part of London where even the police will not visit.    Taken over by immigrants and whites are not allowed to buy or rent property there.
....and this is our own country...Tears
Aussiepom
Aussiepom

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by sunmystic July 4th 2013, 10:47 am

Aussiepom wrote:What button did you press,John and I will remember to give it a miss on mine...Very Happy 

Immigration is being held down now as far I know.  Also holidaymakers have to pay something if they need our Nat. Health treatment.     Though must admit the many years ago we visited the USA,my husband collapsed and I had to send for a doctor to come to the hotel.   First one to arrive was the police!   Checking him over for drugs....   Pity they don't do that here in the UK.

Once it was cleared he was free of drugs,they drove us to the hospital...I thought that was nice of them.
One policeman stayed with me while hubby was being checked out.    We chatted about the UK.  He was so kind.
...and we weren't charged for the hospital bill.    So I sent a donation to the hospital.
Lovely folks over there.    

Talking about immigrants,there is a part of London where even the police will not visit.    Taken over by immigrants and whites are not allowed to buy or rent property there.
....and this is our own country...Tears
Joan Smile  Historically speaking there has always been a part of London that where not even the police will go unless they are in large groups. Always. And Joan it makes me happy that you had a nice visit to the US. I personally wouldn't have the nerve, but then because of it I do miss out on a lot things and I do admire people that do have an adventurous spirit. Love, john

I have no idea what key I pushed and apparently my up, down, right, and left keys do not work anymore. I might be needing a new key board. arrg!
sunmystic
sunmystic
Administrators
Administrators

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Aussiepom July 4th 2013, 11:43 am

Every country must be the same,John.   Like Scottish clans in Scotland.   They all have a name and a kilt.

Tut,tut!   I gave a keyboard away the other day.   I prefer a keyboard with the numerical on the right hand side.  Not at the top of the keyboard.

One of my first jobs was what was called a Punch card operator.   Heard of those?   The forerunners to Computers.
Cardboard cards with long lines of numbers printed on them.   They stacked into the front of the machine and we automatically punched little holes into them....(don't laugh!)  Those cards eventually went into a Tabulator and produced paper statements for accounts.

The new keyboards either have the numeric at the top of the keyboard or on the right hand side.
Last time I was back in Oz,I bought a laptop with numeric at the top,hated it!    So bought a new separate keyboard with numbers at the right....
Long story.    I now have a new laptop,numbers to the right so a spare keyboard.....isn't fate funny?
I'll sling it over the ocean to you....lol!
Aussiepom
Aussiepom

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by sunmystic July 4th 2013, 12:34 pm

Mine has numbers both on the right hand side and at the top. And I have no idea what most of these keys do Smile  . And yes I do know about Punch Cards and my wife's sister use to do what you did. I am not computer literate, but I do know just enough to get around and if I get into trouble I just unplug the computer and then plug it back in again and start over. Usually that works. Joan I think that you would have to sling the key board not only over a ocean but also a whole continent to get it to me Smile  I live in Washington State on the west coast of the US. I sure like you Joan, you are fun! Love, john
sunmystic
sunmystic
Administrators
Administrators

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Aussiepom July 4th 2013, 1:51 pm

Thank you for that compliment,John.    I used to be on a site called WalkwithSpirit,it closed down quite a few years ago.

I was on that site quite a few years.   It was the most fun site I have been on.   Lots of posts,chat room for classes.
Open Circles etc.    FaceBook has taken over many spiritual subjects now.

Such a shame that has happened.   I always feel a more personal attachment to a site that is kept private.   Like this one,everyone is so friendly....I love it!
Aussiepom
Aussiepom

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by sunmystic July 4th 2013, 2:27 pm

Aussiepom wrote:Thank you for that compliment,John.    I used to be on a site called WalkwithSpirit,it closed down quite a few years ago.

I was on that site quite a few years.   It was the most fun site I have been on.   Lots of posts,chat room for classes.
Open Circles etc.    FaceBook has taken over many spiritual subjects now.

Such a shame that has happened.   I always feel a more personal attachment to a site that is kept private.   Like this one,everyone is so friendly....I love it!

Me too Smile
sunmystic
sunmystic
Administrators
Administrators

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2