Spiritual Forums - Spirits Journey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

God

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

God - Page 2 Empty Re: God

Post by sunmystic May 20th 2013, 1:44 pm

skfarblum wrote:Dear John,
You have summed matters up very nicely.
The Abyss is indeed like the edge of the world and
the world is afloat in a nothingness.This is true in
the universal and the particular.Knowledge is comfortable
and to a certain extant controllable so it is understandable to build worlds based on this.
One point of interest it would appear not all
so called advanced spirits in the afterlife recognise
this Abyss.In fact they are adamant that all is mind or god.
There is however in an indirect way confirmation from a teacher in
the Spirit world that this Abyss is real.
The late Dr Murdo MacDonald-Bayne in Durban in
South Africa materialised at a seance of the late
Alec Harris and mentioned he was still teaching
that from unknowingness ,knowingness arises.
He taught this while alive.
It may be so that the realisation of the Abyss can only
be done in a human form.This is just conjecture.
For myself after these discussions I am abandoning
all ideas of a core-self or even having a mind.
I will see where this will take me.

I would like to add,it is not my intent to prove anything here.
I am hoping to provide information which someone may find
useful in their own development.I may have given inadvertently the view that
somehow I know more than others.This is completely
erroneous.I consider myself a neophyte and a student.
I learn all the time and am grateful to have met all you wonderful
people.
Thanks
Stephen

Stephen, the understanding of the possible existence of the Nothingness/Absence/Abyss as a concept for better or worst is a very advanced understanding Smile . The attempting to grapple with the Nothingness/Absence/Abyss concept as a mind experience is also a very advanced endeavor. To my knowledge nobody alive today in this world has achieved a full union with the Nothingness/Absence/Abyss, not even Lord Shiva and he has tremendous power over creation. To my knowledge the last person to achieve full union with the Nothingness/Absence/Abyss was Lord Jesus Smile . I say this to add perspective to what you and I and others like us are exploring. Now just for the record, I do not expect to reach a point to where I can do the things that Lord Jesus did because to me that is just way to much into the "twilight Zone" area of things. But like you and others Stephen, I am willing to give it a try just to see where things go. What I have learned so far is that it is a simple "annihilation meditation" and that you do not need to actively annihilate "self" because there is a part of our brain where "self" lives and if you annihilate that part of the brain, then "self" is annihilated also. automatically Smile . Our brain is, from front to back, divided up into three sections. The front section, the middle section, and the back section that sits just above the visual cortex. If you in you mind's eye reach up and into your brain and remove the back third of your brain that is above the visual cortex so that absolutely nothing is left in that place in your head, absolutely nothing, there then will be nothing separating you from the Nothingness/Absence/Abyss and you have achieved a direct connection to the "profoundly powerful force". The main problem is maintaining the emptiness focus in that area of the brain. That part of this simple annihilation meditation is turning out to need a lot of practice in order to maintain it for extended periods of time and still do day to day stuff. I have ordered a traditional standard six inch Jewish Kippah cap to wear over that part of the brain as a meditation aid to help my mind find and focus on the back third of my brain. We will see how that goes. You can tell when you are doing the meditation right when it feels like God is looking out through the front center of your forehead just above the nose and you do not exist. There is just this six inches or so in diameter "eye" looking at things. This meditation connection also causes all of the energies in your body to come into balance and be at peace with themselves. With what I am experiencing (for moments at a time) there is not any fear, there is just the "just is" looking out through me and receiving an inward flow of input and it has no emotion, no self, and no mind thinking. It is just awareness receiving input. Love, John
sunmystic
sunmystic
Administrators
Administrators

Male
Number of posts : 944
Hobbies : none
Tell us about yourself : I love the loving Divine
Appreciation Points : 1034
Registration date : 2010-12-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest May 21st 2013, 12:12 am

Dear John,
Thank you for your detailed and thoughtful post.
You are venturing into an area of mysticism I feel
I am not ready to make.I do not really feel that
confident.It would be best for me to proceed slowly
at this stage.I have ,if it is ok with you copied and
pasted your post into my private blog so I can study
it better.
The place you seem to be able to get to is in itself quite
remarkable.How well can you function from it?
Stephen

Back to top Go down

Post by sunmystic May 21st 2013, 11:50 am

skfarblum wrote:Dear John,
Thank you for your detailed and thoughtful post.
You are venturing into an area of mysticism I feel
I am not ready to make.I do not really feel that
confident.It would be best for me to proceed slowly
at this stage.I have ,if it is ok with you copied and
pasted your post into my private blog so I can study
it better.
The place you seem to be able to get to is in itself quite
remarkable.How well can you function from it?
Stephen

To be honest with you Stephen, I actually function better. I have been seeking the oneness with God understanding after my first prayer to God in the name of Jesus Christ when I was five years old and I have been studying the yogi stuff since I was twenty-three years old and I was pretty advanced with the yogi stuff back in my last lifetime. So it is ok for anyone to not be ready to do the things that I am doing because I have been doing this stuff for so long Smile . Stephen if you have anything that you would like to kick around with me that you would rather not do in public you are welcome to PM me and I can also give you my e-mail if you wish. Again to be honest with you, I am just happy to have someone that I can kick this stuff around with. I am happy to share my experiences with interested others and they can compare them with other peoples experiences and from there they can establish their own reality direction and exploration. I do not consider myself a way or a path, there are just to many ways and paths that work to say that any one way is the only or best way, which is why I am not a guru Smile . I am just an explorer that has been up the path a ways and if anyone is curious about this stuff, I do not mind talking about what I have come across in my travels or where I am at at any given point in time. If it is just curiosity, all is well and if anything should help, then that is well also. It is just Stephen that most folks are not interested in this stuff. Which is ok, we are all on a path of some sort and sometimes paths cross and sometimes they don't. Love, John
sunmystic
sunmystic
Administrators
Administrators

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by sunmystic May 21st 2013, 12:08 pm

I love your new avatar picture Stephen Smile ! Mother Isis wearing her son Horus' crown. Become that picture and you will have arrived. There is no getting around that. And if you will notice, the back part of mother Isis' brain is in the "just is" Smile . Way too cool! Love, John
sunmystic
sunmystic
Administrators
Administrators

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest May 21st 2013, 12:19 pm

Dear John,
Thanks.The picture of Isis I found on the internet and chose it from amongst
many others.Nothing is coincidental.I will contact you privately.
Stephen

Back to top Go down

Post by Taurus20 May 22nd 2013, 5:03 pm

Wow this is very deep and I just popped in on it. I can understand the questioning of who is God because I think people have been doing this since the beginning of time. Every Religion has their own interpretation and the only thing I see that is the same in them is they describe God as one. Sometimes I think they all make it too hard for themselves, if they want to believe in someone or something that is fine and if you want to learn about what others believe that's OK too but when we start comparing and degrading others beliefs then it's not the right thing to do.
There are 2 things I refuse to discuss in a public forum that's God and Politics.
One of the reasons why is we all have the right to change our mind and once you make a stance about a belief it becomes you, the you that everyone sees as having one belief. We all can learn and grow or stay the same. My intention is to learn as much as I can about everything I can so when and if I return I will have less to accomplish.

Joan said:

What have I accomplished? Nothing startling. Nothing exciting. An ordinary life with nothing to show for it.

So why am I here? Why am I living on this planet called earth?

Now Joan, I think if you said that to your daughter she would have an entirely different opinion of what you have accomplished on this earth and that is why you are here to learn and teach others, I'm sure she has learned very much from you and you from her, because she is teaching you too! Just in the short time I've known you and the others on this site I have been so thankful for the opportunity to learn from you all.
A wise person once told me their are no coincidences in this life. All that happens is what was meant to happen. We were all meant to meet and share. Who knows maybe someday we will meet in person too, if not here, then the thereafter. Blow Kiss
Taurus20
Taurus20

Female
Number of posts : 356
Hobbies : Meditation,reading, swimming,dancing and having fun .
Tell us about yourself : Looking for like minded people to connect with while on this spiritual journey.
Appreciation Points : 469
Registration date : 2013-02-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Aussiepom May 24th 2013, 1:14 pm

Thank you,Taurus,that is a lovely remark to make. I am so pleased we met even if it is only a forum.

Hopefully we will meet in the future,even if it is just in spirit.

Joan xxx

Aussiepom
Aussiepom

Female
Number of posts : 818
Hobbies : Reading,swimming and Spiritualism
Tell us about yourself : Widowed 6 years ago.
Appreciation Points : 891
Registration date : 2012-02-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Taurus20 May 24th 2013, 3:37 pm

Thank You Hugs Smile
Taurus20
Taurus20

Female
Number of posts : 356
Hobbies : Meditation,reading, swimming,dancing and having fun .
Tell us about yourself : Looking for like minded people to connect with while on this spiritual journey.
Appreciation Points : 469
Registration date : 2013-02-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum