Die before you die

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Die before you die

Post by Guest on April 17th 2013, 12:32 am

One of the most powerful spiritual practices is to meditate deeply on the mortality of physical forms, including your own. This is called: Die before you die. Go into it deeply. Your physical form is dissolving, is no more. Then a moment comes when all mind-forms or thoughts also die. Yet you are still there — the divine presence that you are. Radiant, fully awake. Nothing that was real ever died, only names, forms, and illusions.
– Eckhart Tolle, The Power of Now

Back to top Go down

Re: Die before you die

Post by sunmystic on April 17th 2013, 2:59 pm

Hi Skfarblum, what you have posted also sounds like preparation for astro traveling. And entering into the quiet mind and the "now" is actually where the second part of the journey begins. The second part is where true self realization and the true "power" of self is explored. We are sleeping gods Smile , the second part is the part where we wake up and the "know" is explored. Love, sunmystic
sunmystic
Administrator
Administrator

Male
Number of posts : 944
Hobbies : none
Tell us about yourself : I love the loving Divine
Appreciation Points : 1034
Registration date : 2010-12-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on April 18th 2013, 1:51 am

Dear John,
Thank you for expanding on Tolle's quote.
The exploration of the power of "self" sounds
very interesting.
I am not there yet,but maybe one day.
Stephen

Back to top Go down

Post by Aussiepom on April 18th 2013, 10:08 am

Now that frightens me a little,Stephen. Silly isn't it but I would like to try it but afraid of what I may find.

Can't explain that even to myself.... Smile

Joan
Aussiepom

Female
Number of posts : 818
Hobbies : Reading,swimming and Spiritualism
Tell us about yourself : Widowed 6 years ago.
Appreciation Points : 891
Registration date : 2012-02-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bhagavandas on April 18th 2013, 10:24 am

It sounds a little frightening to me too, Joan. I think I'll leave the dying experience for just before I actually re-enter into the spiritual realm!
bhagavandas

Male
Number of posts : 104
Hobbies : Hiking, Vegetarian Cooking
Tell us about yourself : I'm self-employed. I'm into Bhakti Yoga.
Appreciation Points : 148
Registration date : 2013-03-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aussiepom on April 18th 2013, 10:29 am

bhagavandas wrote:It sounds a little frightening to me too, Joan. I think I'll leave the dying experience for just before I actually re-enter into the spiritual realm!

I'll be tugging at the back of your coat,Mike......you go first.... Praying
Aussiepom

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on April 18th 2013, 11:29 am

I agree with your sentiments Mike and Joan.I have a suspicion that this is what happened
to Tolle before he became so famous.I read it occurred to him spontaneously in a state of despair.
He separated from his body and that awakened him to the complete realization that he was
not his human form.
Maybe others have more knowledge about it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Aussiepom on April 18th 2013, 11:51 am

If ever we had any proof that would be it,Stephen. If that happened,would you want to come back to a heavy cumbersome body?

I would be away like a shot out of a gun... Thumb

Joan
Aussiepom

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sunmystic on April 18th 2013, 12:07 pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eckhart_Tolle

Inner transformation

One night in 1977, at the age of 29, after having suffered from long periods of suicidal depression, Tolle says he experienced an "inner transformation."[6]
That night he awakened from his sleep, suffering from feelings of
depression that were "almost unbearable," but then experienced a
life-changing epiphany.[9] Recounting the experience, Tolle says,

I couldn’t live with myself any longer. And in this
a question arose without an answer: who is the ‘I’ that cannot live
with the self? What is the self? I felt drawn into a void! I didn’t know
at the time that what really happened was the mind-made self, with its
heaviness, its problems, that lives between the unsatisfying past and
the fearful future, collapsed. It dissolved. The next morning I woke up
and everything was so peaceful. The peace was there because there was no
self. Just a sense of presence or “beingness,” just observing and
watching.[11]
Tolle recalls going out for a walk in London the next morning, and
finding that “everything was miraculous, deeply peaceful. Even the
traffic."[9] The feeling continued, and he began to feel a strong underlying sense of peace in any situation.[5]
Tolle stopped studying for his doctorate, and for a period of about two
years after this he spent much of his time sitting, “in a state of deep
bliss," on park benches in Russell Square, Central London, "watching the....

------------------------------------------------------

Smile ! That is the place the Mia's healing put me. I am not there as a permanent state of being yet, but the times out of that state are becoming less in duration and less in number. Once you have experienced this state of being that Tolle is talking about nothing else will do. And nothing else is ever the same again. sunmystic

Last edited by sunmystic on April 18th 2013, 12:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
sunmystic
Administrator
Administrator

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on April 18th 2013, 12:13 pm

Thanks John.
Very interesting link

Back to top Go down

Post by sunmystic on April 18th 2013, 12:26 pm

skfarblum wrote:Thanks John.
Very interesting link

I was building a post and have now gotten the rest of it posted Smile . Your OP was a gift to me and helps me to understand what I am experiencing and that someone else has also experienced it and the emotional experiences that one experiences before it. Love, John
sunmystic
Administrator
Administrator

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on April 18th 2013, 12:42 pm

Dear John,
Open Heart

Back to top Go down

Post by sunmystic on April 18th 2013, 12:58 pm

skfarblum wrote:Dear John,

Love, John
sunmystic
Administrator
Administrator

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bhagavandas on April 18th 2013, 7:12 pm

You wouldn't need to tug at the back of my coat. I'd simply take your hand in mine and say "Let's go together."
Anyways, as you probably know, I used to work in the funeral service. I've seen all of the ways that people die. Often, it's a blessing for them to depart this physical realm. I've put a lot of thought into it, and I'm not sure that one needs to experiment to see if there is 'life after death', or 'life after life' if you prefer.
We're all going to experience 'death', as we have experienced it already, over and over again.
It's a mystery to us, simply because we don't remember. But, once we leave this physical body, and re-enter into the spirit realm, I believe that we gasp in joy and say "Ahhhhh..... now I remember."
Aussiepom wrote:
bhagavandas wrote:It sounds a little frightening to me too, Joan. I think I'll leave the dying experience for just before I actually re-enter into the spiritual realm!

I'll be tugging at the back of your coat,Mike......you go first....
bhagavandas

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aussiepom on April 19th 2013, 7:05 am

Nice way of putting it,Mike. Sometimes I can't wait for that day. It's no fun getting old.....though I do believe that we can be any age we want...my perfect age would be about 35 years,I think.

I do believe we can choose any life within reason,for our next incarnation.....As you say,all those memories come back.
I often wonder what my last life was like. This life I have worked hard. Brought a family which I love very much.
Wonder what next time will bring..... Shocked
Oh just remembered....did I send you the photo with Molly's friend from where she worked?
A small Indian girl called Sunita? She calls me her second mum.... Very Happy

Joan

bhagavandas wrote:You wouldn't need to tug at the back of my coat. I'd simply take your hand in mine and say "Let's go together."
Anyways, as you probably know, I used to work in the funeral service. I've seen all of the ways that people die. Often, it's a blessing for them to depart this physical realm. I've put a lot of thought into it, and I'm not sure that one needs to experiment to see if there is 'life after death', or 'life after life' if you prefer.
We're all going to experience 'death', as we have experienced it already, over and over again.
It's a mystery to us, simply because we don't remember. But, once we leave this physical body, and re-enter into the spirit realm, I believe that we gasp in joy and say "Ahhhhh..... now I remember."
Aussiepom wrote:

Aussiepom

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bhagavandas on April 19th 2013, 10:54 am

No, I haven't seen Sunita's foto come through. BTW, Justin works in Hillsboro, Oregon; only 1 mile from the Hillsboro Temple. I'm picking him up at his work tonight, and we're going to the Hillsboro Temple for Ram Naum. I'll take a lot of fotos and post them on this forum, and email you some also.
Aussiepom wrote:Nice way of putting it,Mike. Sometimes I can't wait for that day. It's no fun getting old.....though I do believe that we can be any age we want...my perfect age would be about 35 years,I think.

I do believe we can choose any life within reason,for our next incarnation.....As you say,all those memories come back.
I often wonder what my last life was like. This life I have worked hard. Brought a family which I love very much.
Oh just remembered....did I send you the photo with Molly's friend from where she worked?

Joan

bhagavandas wrote:You wouldn't need to tug at the back of my coat. I'd simply take your hand in mine and say "Let's go together."
Aussiepom wrote:

bhagavandas

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aussiepom on April 19th 2013, 12:24 pm

That would be great,Mike. Look forward to that.
Joan

bhagavandas wrote:No, I haven't seen Sunita's foto come through. BTW, Justin works in Hillsboro, Oregon; only 1 mile from the Hillsboro Temple. I'm picking him up at his work tonight, and we're going to the Hillsboro Temple for Ram Naum. I'll take a lot of fotos and post them on this forum, and email you some also.
Aussiepom wrote:Nice way of putting it,Mike. Sometimes I can't wait for that day. It's no fun getting old.....though I do believe that we can be any age we want...my perfect age would be about 35 years,I think.

Joan

Aussiepom wrote:

Aussiepom

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ATouchofHeart on April 19th 2013, 7:49 pm

Nice post skfarblum. I have not experienced that yet.
I liked sunmystic's details about it also.

ATouchofHeart

Female
Number of posts : 808
Location : Southern, California on a Indian Reservation. Search for truth in Spirituality.
Hobbies : Everything Spiritual, Machine Embroidery, Quilting, Writing Poetry, Computer and creative software, Writing, Artwork.....never bored.
Tell us about yourself : I’m a widow; I lost my spouse April 16, 1999 to a broken heart and Cancer. He was a Native American. I have lived on his Reservation in California for 37 years. We were married 23 years. We had two children, lost one to a drunk driver in 97 before my spouse died. I started my spiritual journey when son passed; but woke up to spirituality abruptly June 2009 when I had an event reading by James Van Praagh and he brought through eight deceased relatives. I would love to be a medium in the future, and share that spiritual connection with those who have lost. I take photos of spirits in clouds. One of my favorite spirit photographs at night is an apparition of a Native American Male.
Appreciation Points : 972
Registration date : 2013-02-18

View user profile http://atouchofheart-poetry.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on April 19th 2013, 11:43 pm

Thanks Deb

Back to top Go down

Post by ATouchofHeart on April 20th 2013, 12:57 am

Wink skfarblum, you always have enlightening posts. All of you do here.
ATouchofHeart

Female
Location : Southern, California on a Indian Reservation. Search for truth in Spirituality.
Hobbies : Everything Spiritual, Machine Embroidery, Quilting, Writing Poetry, Computer and creative software, Writing, Artwork.....never bored.
Tell us about yourself : I’m a widow; I lost my spouse April 16, 1999 to a broken heart and Cancer. He was a Native American. I have lived on his Reservation in California for 37 years. We were married 23 years. We had two children, lost one to a drunk driver in 97 before my spouse died. I started my spiritual journey when son passed; but woke up to spirituality abruptly June 2009 when I had an event reading by James Van Praagh and he brought through eight deceased relatives. I would love to be a medium in the future, and share that spiritual connection with those who have lost. I take photos of spirits in clouds. One of my favorite spirit photographs at night is an apparition of a Native American Male.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on April 20th 2013, 1:29 am

Dear Deb,
Please don't leave yourself out .I enjoy your
posts immensely.
Thanks
Stephen

Back to top Go down

Post by ATouchofHeart on April 20th 2013, 1:51 am

LOL you mean you missed me in the last few days I've been busy?
You're sweet.

I posted a poem the other day in the poem section. And answered one or two today. Been really tired today.

Fell asleep last night listening to CNN.

I've also been busy trying to quilt baby blankets.
ATouchofHeart

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by sunmystic on April 20th 2013, 11:06 am

ATouchofHeart wrote:Wink skfarblum, you always have enlightening posts. All of you do here.

ya Smile and you have a touch of heart and enlightening posts.

Everybody here is a good person though and their loving presence is treasured. sunmystic
sunmystic
Administrator
Administrator

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on April 20th 2013, 11:19 am

Dear John,
Thank you.You are a good person.
Stephen

Back to top Go down

Post by ATouchofHeart on April 20th 2013, 11:49 am

Thank you John, I do feel comfortable here.

Everyone here has "A Touch of Heart" within.
ATouchofHeart

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum