The Battle Between Good and Evil?

Go down

The Battle Between Good and Evil?

Post by sunmystic on March 29th 2013, 2:46 pm

Guys, "What is your opinion about this so called battle between Good and Evil (and it is ok Smile if you do not have an opinion)?" "And if you do have an opinion, then how do you approach the concept of there being a battle between Good and Evil?" "And if there is a battle between Good and Evil is it necessary for everybody to be involved in it?" I was born to destroy "Satan and Evil", I had no other purpose in life. Now that I have had over a half of a century to think about things I am beginning to wonder what exactly is this so called battle between Good and Evil and what is it actually all about? Guys, do you have any input about this so called battle between Good and Evil? sunmystic
sunmystic
Administrator
Administrator

Male
Number of posts : 944
Hobbies : none
Tell us about yourself : I love the loving Divine
Appreciation Points : 1034
Registration date : 2010-12-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Battle Between Good and Evil?

Post by mia on March 29th 2013, 3:29 pm

My opinion is there is no evil.
I wish I could find the words to express myself better.
I don't know who satan was/is.
Was he an angel who was supposedly kicked out of heaven?

Some folk, and I include both human, living, dead and from other worlds, are unhappy, maybe in pain, maybe know no different and upset those who do not deserve it.
I would not class this as evil.

Not well explained, loads more I want to say, but it would turn into a ramble and maybe go off topic lol

mia
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 977
Hobbies : Gardening, Driving,card crafting
Tell us about yourself : See my intro
Appreciation Points : 1355
Registration date : 2009-05-16

View user profile http://miasjourney.weebly.com/index.html

Back to top Go down

Post by laura ann on March 29th 2013, 3:51 pm

I believe there is good and there is evil.
BUT it is mostly within our selfs.
I believe the battle of good and evil has existed since the beginning of time.
I believe there are warped souls energies who do evil things.
I believe in all good there is a pinpoint of evil and in all evil is a pinpoint of good. No one is 100% one way or the other. It is up to the individual how they balance their good and bad. If you allow something or someone to drag you to the dark side then you have given them your power. Again this is choice.
I also believe there are evil forces at play. I have had the unfortunate experience to meet them several times. I have met dark angels and dark entities, dark beings. They sway you if you allow them to.I have been injured many times but have enough light beings around me to keep the injuries minimul.I dont believe they exist I know they do.
BUT they do not worry me as much as the darkness in so very many humans these days. I have at almsot 62 years become so disallusioned by the enormous amount of pediphiles, sadists, murders, liars, cheats, thieves etc They seem to outnumber the white light individuals.
becoming more reclusive everyday because of i t.
laura ann

Number of posts : 739
Appreciation Points : 999
Registration date : 2012-04-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Elrick on March 29th 2013, 4:51 pm

A fascinating and interesting topic, John. In my view, goodness versus evil is always a matter of moral choice. Goodness, like truth, is always relative and unfailingly evil-contrasted. It is the perception of these qualities of goodness and truth that enables the evolving souls of human beings to make those personal decisions of choice which are essential to our spiritual development.

The spiritually blind individual who logically follows scientific dictation, social usage, and religious dogma stands in grave danger of sacrificing his moral freedom and losing his spiritual liberty. Such a soul is destined, to my mind, to become an intellectual parrot, a social automaton, and a slave to religious authority.

Goodness is always growing toward new levels of the increasing liberty of moral self-realization and spiritual personality attainment -- the discovery of, and identification with, our spiritual being. An experience is good when it heightens the appreciation of beauty, augments the moral will, enhances the discernment of truth, enlarges the capacity to love and serve one's fellows, exalts the spiritual ideals, and unifies the supreme human motives of time with the eternal plans.

As we ascend the scale of creature development, we will find increasing goodness and diminishing evil in perfect accordance with our capacity for goodness-experience and truth-discernment. The ability to entertain error or experience evil will not be fully lost until the evolving human soul achieves final spiritual levels.

Goodness is living, relative, always progressing, invariably a personal experience, and everlastingly correlated with the discernment of truth and beauty. Goodness is found in the recognition of the positive truth-values of the spiritual level, which must, in human experience, be contrasted with the negative counterpart -- the shadows of potential evil.

Until we attain spiritual levels, goodness will always be more of a quest than a possession, more of a goal than an experience of attainment. But even as we hunger and thirst for righteousness, we experience increasing satisfaction in the partial attainment of goodness. The presence of goodness and evil in the world is in itself positive proof of the existence and reality of man's moral will, the personality, which thus identifies these values and is also able to choose between them.

I think he possibility of evil is necessary to moral choosing, but not the actuality thereof. A shadow is only relatively real. Actual evil is not necessary as a personal experience. Potential evil acts equally well as a decision stimulus in the realms of moral progress on the lower levels of spiritual development. Evil becomes a reality of personal experience only when a moral mind makes evil its choice.

~*~

Be well
Elrick

Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 120
Appreciation Points : 197
Registration date : 2010-04-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sunmystic on March 30th 2013, 4:18 pm

Elrick, I understand what you are saying and I agree with it. But just for the sake of argument Smile I think that it is going to take an act of God for that to happen. I do not think that most people will work their way out of where they are at on their own or just naturally. The average human mind resists change and would rather that the world would change so that it does not have to change with the understanding that some folks are happy with the way they and the world are and do not want "anything" to change. Elrick, people like you are rare and you ain't just one of the run of the mill folks. I am the way that I am at this point in time because I was forced into it, I never would have logically figured out and understood what you have figured out and understand. John Smile
sunmystic
Administrator
Administrator

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bhagavandas on March 31st 2013, 12:11 pm

Evil is doing anything for our own pleasure/benefit and not for the pleasure/benefit of God. Evil is real. Evil has severe consequences.
bhagavandas

Male
Number of posts : 104
Hobbies : Hiking, Vegetarian Cooking
Tell us about yourself : I'm self-employed. I'm into Bhakti Yoga.
Appreciation Points : 148
Registration date : 2013-03-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Elrick on March 31st 2013, 12:43 pm

Hi John,

To my understanding, every individual is unique. Changes occur at every level. In fact, the only constant is change! We, each person is a singularity because of our realm of mind. The realm of mind in an individual refers to the reality of that individual. Each person experiences different events in their life, which influences their reality. Individuals have their own “vision” of what “reality” really is. There are no two realities, which are the same. People are different because of their “realm”.

The mind is a unique thing; it is not only just the brain but also rather a “realm” or “reality” of an individual. Consciousness is not just being “awake” but also rather being “completely aware of surroundings”.

We all have different gifts and purposes. Although we might do similar things, it is never the same. Each person has this unique value that distinguishes her or him from the next person. And so are you.

~*~

Be well
Elrick

Administrator
Administrator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Arbel on March 31st 2013, 2:12 pm

To understand evil you have
to be attacked by it first to understand evil both seen and unseen; no one has
to seek evil you just have to read the news with all the atrocious and crime
that is taking place

At one time evil was only
isolated parts but now evil has spread through out the world; we have had
millions of years to evolve but mankind has not evolved. Everyone is saying that this so called ascension
is where we will all ascend to a higher level that is nothing but a joke as
nothing would change in any respect. When
mankind plan the elimination of two thirds of the world population that is
evil. Mankind have declared themselves
gods with the power of life and death over everyone it is time to draw the line. In fact the line was drawn a long time ago
only no one knew about it until now; many prophets have warned mankind to
change and change they will not

It matters not if no one believes what is happening with
this world and mankind because this world is in for the biggest shock of its
history. By the way John the spirit who
became known as Satan has truly repented and is back with God and one of his
minions has taken over.

Bill
Arbel

Number of posts : 241
Appreciation Points : 316
Registration date : 2013-02-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sunmystic on March 31st 2013, 2:45 pm

Elrick wrote:Hi John,

To my understanding, every individual is unique. Changes occur at every level. In fact, the only constant is change! We, each person is a singularity because of our realm of mind. The realm of mind in an individual refers to the reality of that individual. Each person experiences different events in their life, which influences their reality. Individuals have their own “vision” of what “reality” really is. There are no two realities, which are the same. People are different because of their “realm”.

The mind is a unique thing; it is not only just the brain but also rather a “realm” or “reality” of an individual. Consciousness is not just being “awake” but also rather being “completely aware of surroundings”.

We all have different gifts and purposes. Although we might do similar things, it is never the same. Each person has this unique value that distinguishes her or him from the next person. And so are you.

~*~

Be well
Elrick

Elrick Smile I just want to give you a "hug". When one begins to understand their personality programming and the social and genetic foundations that created it, one comes to the same understanding that you have come to and your wisdom makes perfect sense Smile . Also some folks maintain that there is a cycle to things and that when the cycle that we are now in reaches its end that "everyone" will just wake up and pass on into the next higher level of experience and understanding and that no one will be left behind. They maintain that it will just naturally happen and that it will not take an act of God. And about each person being unique and that no two people are experiencing the same reality, Smile ! When I finally understood that everything changed. One of the changes was that I lost my interest in being a master that teaches a path because each person has to be approached in their own reality and a one reality that fits all is delusional and non productive. One can only truly assist the world, so to speak, one person at a time and one has to approach each person in their own reality. There is not any book in that and it is something that can not be taught because self has to cease to exist to approach others in their own reality. In the new mind reality that I am in (Sunny gives Mia a "hug" Smile ) I have no purpose or path. Everything just is and everything is perfectly fine and interesting. And things that are a possible physical threat are just challenges that one must deal with and everything else is just a part of the flow of things. Self is just the observer and a part of the observed. Elrick do you suppose that I have stepped into some form of mental metaphysical autism? Maybe Smile . sun/John
sunmystic
Administrator
Administrator

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sunmystic on March 31st 2013, 2:52 pm

Bill wrote:It matters not if no one believes what is happening with
this world and mankind because this world is in for the biggest shock of its
history. By the way John the spirit who
became known as Satan has truly repented and is back with God and one of his
minions has taken over.

Ok Smile if you say so. I am not a part of the battle anymore. I am just interested in what other people think about the battle.
sunmystic
Administrator
Administrator

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by laura ann on March 31st 2013, 4:45 pm

I believe there are evil actions within many humans
but I believe there is a darkness in the unseen worlds as well. Now wheher I would call it evil maybe not. More misshapen twisted energies that are struggling to find their light and in that process are doing and or being manipulated into not so nice actions.
I must say John being Satan is actually a new one on me....some theories on Satan is that it is Jesus's twin.
Some theories are a fallen angel.. fallen to me means earthbound...
and some theories are that Satan actually is just an earthbound angel who reports back to God on earthly energies. just like its either Ariel or Uriel I confuse those two angels has the ability to go to upper worls an eartly realms at all times.
But John surprises the heck out of me if it is accurate.
laura ann

Number of posts : 739
Appreciation Points : 999
Registration date : 2012-04-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sunmystic on March 31st 2013, 8:34 pm

Yep, there are some not nice entities out there, and I have met Satan. He appears to be the most beautiful nicest being that one would ever wish to meet Smile . To meet him you would think that him having a hand in or playing any part in the battle between good and evil is somebodies idea of a joke. sun
sunmystic
Administrator
Administrator

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Elrick on April 1st 2013, 10:41 am

Code:

One can only truly assist the world, so to speak, one person at a time and one has to approach each person in their own reality.

John, I would conclude on the lines of your statement and add that we should learn that the expression of emotions and of even a good thought must be modulated in accordance with the mind realm, emotional, intellectual status and spiritual development of the hearer.

I certainly partake of the notion communication is easy if we know when to partake, and when to hole up and heal. I hope these posts offer you nourishment, and that you get a chance to contribute in some way to the common experience of being alive, of being a particular person in a particular place, and of seizing just the moment to help other people along through their natural stages of development and understanding.

We each view the world a little differently and our communication is a result of our prior experiences. Unfortunately, we sometimes believe our own perception is the right one, simply because it is the only one we know. We also believe that everyone else sees things exactly as we do. We are so wrong.

Neither perception in a given example is right, and neither is wrong. But each person views every experience in their life according to their own perception. It shows how the very same thing can appear so differently to people. True communication can only occur if we allow ourselves to view the world through someone else’s perception for a little while. Both our perfectionism and our adder must take the time to look at the world differently if we are to understand each other. Otherwise, we are simply speaking two different languages.

~*~

Be well
Elrick

Administrator
Administrator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sunmystic on April 1st 2013, 1:27 pm

The opportunity to interact with you Elrick is something that I have waited a long time for. And I have gone through a lot of changes over this time that have helped me to understand the things that you have been saying. To be honest with you Smile , three weeks ago I would have missed the heart of what you have been saying. I could follow the logic of what you are saying, but not the practical experience of it. When one is eating from the Tree of Good and Evil, so to speak, reality breaks up into two sides, one side good and one side evil (with some grey areas in the middle if one is really thinking about things Smile ). And normally both sides consider themselves "good" and the other side "evil". When one is not eating from the Tree of Good and Evil, so to speak, everything changes. Everything becomes levels of understanding and a feeling of compassion for those with a lesser level of understanding which includes oneself because we are all at some level of ignorance. Those that are eating from the Tree of Good and Evil, so to speak Smile , are passing judgement and living in a judgmental reality and they judge themselves safe because they are at some level in their own minds "good". Those not eating from the Tree of Good and Evil, because of the level of understanding that they have reached, do not judge because they understand that it is nobodies fault that they are the way that they are. Those that are a threat to the physical reality of the community are a challenge that has to be delt with for the safety of the community. But these folks that are a physical threat to the community are not evil, they are just folks that are a danger to the physical welfare of the community. When one is not eating from The Tree of Good and Evil, so to speak, they end up living, in a non judgmental way, in a world of multiple levels of understanding with none of it being anybodies fault. And if they Smile set out to deliberately raise the level of those that are at a lower level of understanding, then they are walking a fine line between eating from the Tree of Good and Evil and not eating from The Tree of Good and Evil because they may be judging themselves good and judging those with a lower level of understanding not good Smile . It can become, "I know and you do not know and I have to teach you what I know for your own good." I used to live on a farm and one afternoon this skunk with rabies came walking down the path to the back door of the farmhouse and the dog that we had at the time, she was a real varmit hunter, came walking up the path from the house and encountered the skunk in the middle of the path. I just happened to be watching from the kitchen window and I became concerned because I knew what was wrong with that skunk and that dog was dynamite on skunks (which is why she was vaccinated against rabies). The skunk barred it's teeth and jumped at her and she just calmly looked at the skunk and then calmly walked around it and continued on down the path. That old dog taught me something that day, I learned something from that experience Smile . sun
sunmystic
Administrator
Administrator

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sunmystic on April 1st 2013, 5:09 pm

It is amazing what one can learn from animals and other people if one is paying attention. Guys, I have to go mow the lawn and do the other tons spring stuff that needs to be done. I was suppose to have gotten most of it done in March so that I could start painting the tons of trim on the house that I am the caretaker of. Guys, I do not want to go to work, I just want to hang out with you guys on this cool message board. Please chase me away for a while when I come back so that I get my work done Smile and so that I do not loose my job. Arrgg! Love, John
sunmystic
Administrator
Administrator

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down