Spiritual Forums - Spirits Journey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Famous Rabbi in Poland

4 posters

Go down

Famous Rabbi in Poland Empty Famous Rabbi in Poland

Post by Spirit-Being February 23rd 2009, 10:45 pm

I love sharing the many inspiring stories that have helped me along a spiritual path, i hope you find it helpful as well. Wow i feel like i say the same thing all the time in all my posts lol Don't be bored i am just me and i love the word Inspiration Very Happy. The word alone inspires me. Now here is the story...

A famous rabbi in Poland revealed this truth to a tourist, who was surprised to see that the rabbi lived in only one room. It contained many books but just a bench and a table. "Where is your furniture?" the visitor asked. "Where is yours?" the rabbi retorted. The tourist shrugged his shoulders and explained that he, of course, didn't have any furniture with him because he was just visiting. "Well," replied the rabbi, "I am too."

The rabbi knew that we are all just visitors on planet earth. This isn't our final destination, so why should we be attached to it's accoutrements?

At the other end of the spectrum, some feel that spirituality and prosperity don't mix. It all depends on our definition of prosperity and our attitude toward our belongings. Do we see our belongings and our resources as extensions, as instruments, of our spirituality?

(Your Seven Energy Centers) pages: 26 & 27.

Many Blessings
Spirit-Being
Spirit-Being
Founder
Founder

Male
Number of posts : 2293
Hobbies : Reading, Creating Things, Music, Meditating, and Being a part of Nature
Appreciation Points : 2727
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Back to top Go down

Famous Rabbi in Poland Empty Re: Famous Rabbi in Poland

Post by parrotlover100 February 23rd 2009, 11:53 pm

i find it so had to separate the materialists from spirituality. i guess i can be spiritual but i cant function if i dont have the money for food or bills i try to stretch the dollar and if i was more spiritual then from what i ve read and learned that all i need is faith and everything i need will become plentiful how do i achieve that?
parrotlover100

Female
Number of posts : 454
Hobbies : reading
Appreciation Points : 425
Registration date : 2008-09-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Dreamer February 24th 2009, 10:19 am

"just visiting" I love it!
Dreamer
Dreamer

Female
Number of posts : 117
Appreciation Points : 36
Registration date : 2008-12-11

Back to top Go down

Post by HypnoDude February 24th 2009, 2:13 pm

Great story! Thanks for sharing!

Sure hits on the addage of going back to simpler times, when "Keeping up with the Jones'" wasnt important, material objects mean nothing. And I too love the "Just visiting" how so very true! 8)
HypnoDude
HypnoDude

Male
Number of posts : 136
Appreciation Points : 91
Registration date : 2008-12-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down