Spiritual Forums - Spirits Journey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our Pale Blue Dot....

Go down

Our Pale Blue Dot.... Empty Our Pale Blue Dot....

Post by Vanilla2 February 26th 2013, 6:06 am

On the view of earth from 3.7 billion miles away:
"Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home, That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every 'superstar,' every 'supreme leader,' every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there-on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. There is perhaps no better demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world. To me, it underscores our responsibility to deal more kindly with one another, and to preserve and cherish the pale blue dot, the only home we've ever known."

~ Carl Sagan, "Pale Blue Dot"

Cherrish our home. Rose 3
Vanilla2
Vanilla2
Administrators
Administrators

Female
Number of posts : 1209
Appreciation Points : 1613
Registration date : 2009-08-18

Back to top Go down

Our Pale Blue Dot.... Empty Re: Our Pale Blue Dot....

Post by Guest February 26th 2013, 7:10 am

Yes ,that is a terrific quote from Carl Sagan.
I personally feel that our minuscule size in relation to the
Universe is not what is important.
What is important is Earths relationship with this Universe.
I cannot tell you what it is,but I feel that Mother Earth is not
parked here in this particular place by chance,there is a purpose.
Thanks for the quote Vanilla2
Stephen

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum