Hi, I'm Yvette

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hi, I'm Yvette

Post by puppylove on February 23rd 2013, 5:03 pm

I am 66 yrs old and living in an old folks home because of poor health. Everyone is 20 or more yrs older than myself so I am very lonely.I am an animal nut but had to give up all my furbabies.Hard for an old woman to do.I am looking forward to learning all about this site.It looks great! I am not very good with computers but I will do my best.Looking forward to meeting you all.
puppylove

Female
Number of posts : 7
Hobbies : animals, music and spritual subjects
Tell us about yourself : 66yrs old,and lonely
Appreciation Points : 20
Registration date : 2013-02-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hi, I'm Yvette

Post by Phidelia on February 24th 2013, 12:21 am

Good to see you Yvette - I am struggling too with finding my way around this new site but we will get there I am sure - just need a little time available. Lots of Love, Phidelia (Fia)
Phidelia

Hobbies : Anything Creative and My grandchildren :)
Appreciation Points : 19
Registration date : 2013-02-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanilla2 on February 24th 2013, 4:46 am

A very warm welcome puppylove, Yvette. No need to feel lonely in here.
I too am a dog lover, at present we have three dogs, two being senior. I also dread the day ( I will be 62 next month) when my time has to come, regarding its ending of owning any more. I know it will come. Sad

Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 1209
Appreciation Points : 1613
Registration date : 2009-08-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Arbel on February 24th 2013, 5:21 am

Hi Yvette & Phidelia and welcome as I am a stranger to this site like a few more so look forward to getting to know you both

Bill
Arbel

Number of posts : 241
Appreciation Points : 316
Registration date : 2013-02-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Betty42 on February 24th 2013, 10:58 am

Hi Yvette,
So nice to meet you. I understand somewhat how you feel. My husband had to be placed in a nursing home last month. He is only 73 and I feel too young to be there. I cared for him for 4 1/2 years when he became bedridden. He had a leg amputated recently and has other health issues. They will not allow him to come home unless I have a nurse. I am still working full time and cannot afford full time nursing nor can I quit work. It is sad, but he seems to be adjusting well. It is actually better for him since he has the care he needs and isn't alone all day as he was before while I was at work. On the othe hand, my mother is 101 and still living at her home and doing quite well. Just doesn't make sense.
Betty42

Number of posts : 10
Appreciation Points : 29
Registration date : 2013-02-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Hi Yvette

Post by Boydcreek on February 24th 2013, 11:23 am

I am 62 and I had to have knee replacement 2 yrs ago and went to stay in a nursing home for a while for rehab. I know what you mean
by the age differance. I was quite alone. The visits by family and friends are what helped. So did you bring the puter there? That would
be excellent!! that would prob help me the most. Feel free to email me or PM me anytime!

flower
Boydcreek

Female
Number of posts : 8
Tell us about yourself : I live in the foothills of the appalatians in Alabama. I am a nurse. I am hoping and working on getting a degree in metaphysics. I am Scottish/English /Native American. I do geneology for the family. Telling about myself makes me say "I am" too much which makes me uncomfortable with the ego.
Appreciation Points : 22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by puppylove on February 24th 2013, 12:36 pm

Thank you all.You have made me feel very welcome.I can't sit at the computer very long at one time due to pain. I'll be in and out as I can.Haven't figured out how to PM yet but give me time and I will.lol
puppylove

Female
Hobbies : animals, music and spritual subjects
Tell us about yourself : 66yrs old,and lonely
Appreciation Points : 20
Registration date : 2013-02-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanilla2 on February 24th 2013, 1:18 pm

Yvette, click on the members name who you wish to pm under their avatar, this will take you into their profile page. Providing they have ticked the option of allowing someone to pm them, you will find their pm logo at the bottom left, under heading " contact user " private message, then just click the pm. A box will appear for your message to that person. Place your subject heading, followed by message, then click " send. " Hope this explains.

Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 1209
Appreciation Points : 1613
Registration date : 2009-08-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ATouchofHeart on February 24th 2013, 3:10 pm

Hi (((((Yvette))))) glad you finally made it (((((Puppylove)))))!!!

Welcome

I'm excited you now have your continued family close again. And now a new group of friends. There is a ton of information on this website. Lindaru is here as is Katt and Phidelia as you know. Vash mentioned she liked the site so we may see her soon. Our little group is from all around the world. Canada, Spain, From Florida to California USA!!

In the next week or so you will be getting mail from me............You can't miss it it won't fit in any mailbox girlfriend. I'm sure they will have to hand deliver it to you.

I'm so glad that you found out how to get on here. If you look to the left of a post under the member's avatar, and description there is a PROFILE AND PM button. You can click there to PM someone or still go to their profile by clicking on their name.

WE ARE TOGETHER AGAIN!! all of us......... Hugs
Jump in Love

Deb
atouchofheart
ATouchofHeart

Female
Number of posts : 808
Location : Southern, California on a Indian Reservation. Search for truth in Spirituality.
Hobbies : Everything Spiritual, Machine Embroidery, Quilting, Writing Poetry, Computer and creative software, Writing, Artwork.....never bored.
Tell us about yourself : Iím a widow; I lost my spouse April 16, 1999 to a broken heart and Cancer. He was a Native American. I have lived on his Reservation in California for 37 years. We were married 23 years. We had two children, lost one to a drunk driver in 97 before my spouse died. I started my spiritual journey when son passed; but woke up to spirituality abruptly June 2009 when I had an event reading by James Van Praagh and he brought through eight deceased relatives. I would love to be a medium in the future, and share that spiritual connection with those who have lost. I take photos of spirits in clouds. One of my favorite spirit photographs at night is an apparition of a Native American Male.
Appreciation Points : 972

View user profile http://atouchofheart-poetry.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Betty42 on February 24th 2013, 10:10 pm

Yay!!!!
Betty42

Number of posts : 10
Appreciation Points : 29
Registration date : 2013-02-17

View user profile