Spiritual Forums - Spirits Journey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

the gift of giving or recieving or a nice gesture....

3 posters

Go down

the gift of giving or recieving or a nice gesture.... Empty the gift of giving or recieving or a nice gesture....

Post by chrissy February 14th 2009, 10:05 am

I am on a roll today. lol i just feel like talking.. what do you all think about christmas, birthdays, valentines day, or any holiday that any of you celebrate. Why at Christmas, it is all about the presents? a few is ok but isnt it supposed to be about family and getting together? why do some people spend thousands of dollars.. what is the purpose? to put your self in debt, to show off, to spoil the kids? Why do people go out and get all crazy robbing stealing killing even just during chrismas time.. well always but this time the most... i just watched mickey mouse the gift of the magi.. it was cute and taught the kids that it isnt about recieving it is about the thought..... that counts.. or like valentines day, why dhould you go out and spend 100$ on long stem roses a diamond ring fancy dinner???? for what?? to show off, to let others know what you got... to me this is all stupid.... do a nice gesture for your loved one show them you really care anyone can go out and buy something.... but to do something nice that comes from the heart......... i know of a family who is all about money and if someone has none they basically write them off........ they only stick with ones that buy gifts which i think is bs... sorry all... yes it is nice to get a gift but it shouldnt be everything..... giving is much better than recieving it makes me feel better if i could give someone something.... even i it cost nothing... like a nice dinner home cooked meal, or make a nice card, or to do something for my kids.... ok ow i am just rambling... lol thanks you good bye. Very Happy
chrissy

Number of posts : 9
Appreciation Points : 4
Registration date : 2008-11-01

Back to top Go down

the gift of giving or recieving or a nice gesture.... Empty Re: the gift of giving or recieving or a nice gesture....

Post by Spirit-Being February 15th 2009, 1:17 pm

I understand exactly what you are talking about chrissy. Yes the material world can pull many people in. I look at it this way when i pass on i cannot take any of these things with me they will stay behind collect dust or maybe someone will get some use out of the things i had here, hopefully to inspire them in some way Wink

Listen to your higher self it will always lead you to make the right decisions.

Many Blessings

Last edited by Spirit-Being on February 19th 2009, 1:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Spirit-Being
Spirit-Being
Founder
Founder

Male
Number of posts : 2293
Hobbies : Reading, Creating Things, Music, Meditating, and Being a part of Nature
Appreciation Points : 2727
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Back to top Go down

the gift of giving or recieving or a nice gesture.... Empty Re: the gift of giving or recieving or a nice gesture....

Post by parrotlover100 February 19th 2009, 12:17 pm

yes chrissy that is so true people are too much into materialistic things and not enough into personalizing their gifts of love to the individuals that they care about.Yes a nice home made meal preferable their favorite., or taking the kids to the park,baking cupcakes bake a birthday cake instead of a store bought one a card says alot too without spending alot of money you can get a nice word across too the other person.Sending lots of love to you and your family. Very Happy
parrotlover100

Female
Number of posts : 454
Hobbies : reading
Appreciation Points : 425
Registration date : 2008-09-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit-Being February 19th 2009, 1:42 pm

Well said mom Very Happy

Many Blessings
Spirit-Being
Spirit-Being
Founder
Founder

Male
Number of posts : 2293
Hobbies : Reading, Creating Things, Music, Meditating, and Being a part of Nature
Appreciation Points : 2727
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum