What does Spiritualism mean to You?

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: What does Spiritualism mean to You?

Post by Aussiepom on March 17th 2013, 12:39 pm

Also the joy of leaving this world and all it's problems.

Joan Amen
Aussiepom

Female
Number of posts : 818
Hobbies : Reading,swimming and Spiritualism
Tell us about yourself : Widowed 6 years ago.
Appreciation Points : 891
Registration date : 2012-02-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sunmystic on March 17th 2013, 1:37 pm

According to the dictionary that I have, the word "spiritual" means: 1. Of, relating to, consisting of, having the nature of spirit ("spirit": 1a. The vital principle or animating force within living beings. b. Incorporeal consciousness. 2. The soul, considered as departing from the body of a person at death.); not tangible or material. Of concerned with or affecting the soul. 3. Of, from, or relating to God; deific. 4. Of or belonging to a church or religion; sacred. 5. relating to or having the nature of spirits or of a spirit; supernatural.

And the word "spiritualism" means: 1a. The belief that the dead communicate with the living, as through a medium. b. The practices or doctrines of those holding such a belief. 2. A philosophy, doctrine, or religion emphasizing the spiritual aspect of being.

Guys, this is a wonderful topic. And technically speaking it has almost an infinite number of different directions that it can go Smile . Too cool! What does "spiritualism" mean to me? It means to me the almost unlimited world of energy that can be seen and experienced through the lens of the female side of the brain. The lens of the "pineal gland", both from the inside of the body and from the outside of the body. And the shapes, forms, and movements that these energies manifest themselves as they are at play. Seeing them, communicating with them, and being at play with them is to me what "spiritualism is.

sun
sunmystic
Administrator
Administrator

Male
Number of posts : 944
Hobbies : none
Tell us about yourself : I love the loving Divine
Appreciation Points : 1034
Registration date : 2010-12-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bhagavandas on March 17th 2013, 2:21 pm

Hi Sun,
I don't understand the pineal gland philosophy, but it sounds interesting. I know that spirit can work through bodily organs, but I'm not that familiar with that part of Spiritualism. I've read about it, but simply don't understand it all.
Mike
bhagavandas

Male
Number of posts : 104
Hobbies : Hiking, Vegetarian Cooking
Tell us about yourself : I'm self-employed. I'm into Bhakti Yoga.
Appreciation Points : 148
Registration date : 2013-03-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aussiepom on March 17th 2013, 3:38 pm

sunmystic wrote:According to the dictionary that I have, the word "spiritual" means: 1. Of, relating to, consisting of, having the nature of spirit ("spirit": 1a. The vital principle or animating force within living beings. b. Incorporeal consciousness. 2. The soul, considered as departing from the body of a person at death.); not tangible or material. Of concerned with or affecting the soul. 3. Of, from, or relating to God; deific. 4. Of or belonging to a church or religion; sacred. 5. relating to or having the nature of spirits or of a spirit; supernatural.

And the word "spiritualism" means: 1a. The belief that the dead communicate with the living, as through a medium. b. The practices or doctrines of those holding such a belief. 2. A philosophy, doctrine, or religion emphasizing the spiritual aspect of being.

Guys, this is a wonderful topic. And technically speaking it has almost an infinite number of different directions that it can go Smile . Too cool! What does "spiritualism" mean to me? It means to me the almost unlimited world of energy that can be seen and experienced through the lens of the female side of the brain. The lens of the "pineal gland", both from the inside of the body and from the outside of the body. And the shapes, forms, and movements that these energies manifest themselves as they are at play. Seeing them, communicating with them, and being at play with them is to me what "spiritualism is.

sun

The Pineal gland. Am I correct in saying that the Pineal gland is situated either somewhere at the back of neck or brain?
I'm not 100% sure of this but remember reading about this gland sometime ago.
There were suggestions that it was connected to spirit or mediumship. Correct me if I am wrong.

Aussiepom.
Aussiepom

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sunmystic on March 17th 2013, 3:46 pm

bhagavandas wrote:Hi Sun,
I don't understand the pineal gland philosophy, but it sounds interesting. I know that spirit can work through bodily organs, but I'm not that familiar with that part of Spiritualism. I've read about it, but simply don't understand it all.
Mike

Hi Mike and to the message board, my real name is John. I can understand why you have a bit of trouble understanding. I have been a yogi mystic for over 40 years now, with thousands of hours of meditation experience, and Smile I am just now beginning understand and getting a feel for what is going on. It turns out that we are observers looking through two lenses. One lens sees the physical world side of things (the male side of the brain and Pituitary gland) and one lens sees the energy/spirit world side of things (the female side of the brain and Pineal gland). The odds are Mike is that you see things mostly through the Male side lens, so understanding what a person sees looking through the world of the female side lens would be something that you would find hard to understand. Most folks that can and are looking through the female side lens were born being able to (or born being stuck having Smile ) look through this female side lens. I was and I had a lot of problems with it because it caused me to be extremely empathic and somewhat telepathic which then caused me to be overwhelmed by other peoples emotions and thoughts. So anyway Mike, I spent most of forty years learning how to shut that spirit side of the brain down and wake up the physical side of the brain, and I get a chuckle when people want to wake up the abilities to the female side lens Smile . Basically it is not that difficult to wake it up if you want to, and to truly understand it, you have to actually experience it because most of what you experience is beyond words and there are not any words to truly describe the experience. One just understands because they have experienced it.

sun
sunmystic
Administrator
Administrator

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sunmystic on March 17th 2013, 4:06 pm

Aussiepom wrote:
sunmystic wrote:According to the dictionary that I have, the word "spiritual" means: 1. Of, relating to, consisting of, having the nature of spirit ("spirit": 1a. The vital principle or animating force within living beings. b. Incorporeal consciousness. 2. The soul, considered as departing from the body of a person at death.); not tangible or material. Of concerned with or affecting the soul. 3. Of, from, or relating to God; deific. 4. Of or belonging to a church or religion; sacred. 5. relating to or having the nature of spirits or of a spirit; supernatural.

sun

The Pineal gland. Am I correct in saying that the Pineal gland is situated either somewhere at the back of neck or brain?
I'm not 100% sure of this but remember reading about this gland sometime ago.
There were suggestions that it was connected to spirit or mediumship. Correct me if I am wrong.

Aussiepom.

If you look back into your head with your mind and you find what seems to be the center of your head (not your brain) that is pretty much where it is at and also where the female side viewing screen it is at. And it has everything to do with mediumship. The viewing screen for the Pituitary gland and male side of the brain is located in the area in front of the upper part of your forehead. So if you are seeing pictures in the center of your head, then you are look through the female side lens and if you see pictures in the upper front part of your forehead, then you are looking through the male side lens. Both sides have psychic abilities, it is just that the male side sees/feels things as physical mass in movement and the female side sees/feels things as energy in movement. When one dreams in color and everything seems very real, that is the male side dreaming. The rest of the dreams that one experiences are the female side dreaming.

sun
sunmystic
Administrator
Administrator

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aussiepom on March 17th 2013, 4:42 pm

I lucid dream a lot and see always in colour. Including spirit in those dreams. So I assume I was using the male side.
The only time I dreamed in black and white was 'seeing' an old fashioned recording studio taken from approx. in the 1960's.female side.

That was a message for me from spirit.
So I assume in both of those dreams I was using both sides of the pineal gland.

Thanks for letting me know the exact locality of the pineal gland.

Aussiepom

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bhagavandas on March 17th 2013, 5:58 pm

Hi John and Joan,
This is an interesting discussion.
I firmly believe what you are describing, John. I'm actually happy to mostly use the male side of the brain. I actually don't have much of a desire to use the female side, as life is difficult enough dealing with the physical world. I really don't wish to deal with the unseen world right now!
I do believe in 'spiritualising' our physical world though Bhakti, but I don't have a desire to actually speak and deal with the spirit world.
Having to deal with two worlds would be too much like having to deal with two wives! Does that make sense?
JOAN, I sent you fotos of Hamlet, Oregon. Let me know if they came through!
bhagavandas

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sunmystic on March 17th 2013, 7:15 pm

Aussiepom wrote:I lucid dream a lot and see always in colour. Including spirit in those dreams. So I assume I was using the male side.
The only time I dreamed in black and white was 'seeing' an old fashioned recording studio taken from approx. in the 1960's.female side.

You were using both the Pineal gland and the Pituitary gland. And using the pineal gland's psychic abilities for spirit communication. All is well.

sun
sunmystic
Administrator
Administrator

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sunmystic on March 17th 2013, 7:36 pm

bhagavandas wrote:Hi John and Joan,
I firmly believe what you are describing, John. I'm actually happy to mostly use the male side of the brain. I actually don't have much of a desire to use the female side, as life is difficult enough dealing with the physical world. I really don't wish to deal with the unseen world right now!
I do believe in 'spiritualising' our physical world though Bhakti, but I don't have a desire to actually speak and deal with the spirit world.
Having to deal with two worlds would be too much like having to deal with two wives! Does that make sense?

Spiritualising the physical world through the Bhakti will work great. I don't have any spirit guides. My guides/teachers and the ones that I talk to are Father Jehovah, Lord Jesus, and Lord Shiva and they all have physical bodies parked some place. I do not talk to the spirits either. I am generally on good terms with them and most of the gods that are known and some that are not, but I do not really talk to them. Father Jehovah knows what is going on and if I ask or am curious about something, then He generally tells me. Somethings I do not have enough background to understand, so I can't be told about those things or sometimes it takes years for me to get the background before I do understand.

Sun
sunmystic
Administrator
Administrator

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aussiepom on March 18th 2013, 6:31 am

sunmystic wrote:
Aussiepom wrote:I lucid dream a lot and see always in colour. Including spirit in those dreams. So I assume I was using the male side.

You were using both the Pineal gland and the Pituitary gland. And using the pineal gland's psychic abilities for spirit communication. All is well.

sun

Thank You

Joan
Aussiepom

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bhagavandas on March 18th 2013, 11:03 am

Sun,
I'm curious about why you chose these 3 to talk with: Father Jehovah, the Lord Jesus Christ and Shiva. Do you look upon them as a trinity-of-sorts: Jesus Christ (Creator), Father Jehovah (Maintainer) and Shiva (Destroyer, for things to be reborn?) I look upon Jesus Christ as Guru, and KRSNA as the Supreme Personality of Godhead. I'm not sure that I believe that Jehovah is a separate Being from KRSNA. I've been taught that Shiva is a Plenary Expansion of Lord KRSNA. What are your thoughts on this? Interestingly, we just celebrated Shiva Ratri on the tenth of this month.
sunmystic wrote:
bhagavandas wrote:Hi John and Joan,

Spiritualising the physical world through the Bhakti will work great. I don't have any spirit guides. My guides/teachers and the ones that I talk to are Father Jehovah, Lord Jesus, and Lord Shiva and they all have physical bodies parked some place. I do not talk to the spirits either. I am generally on good terms with them and most of the gods that are known and some that are not, but I do not really talk to them. Father Jehovah knows what is going on and if I ask or am curious about something, then He generally tells me. Somethings I do not have enough background to understand, so I can't be told about those things or sometimes it takes years for me to get the background before I do understand.

Sun
bhagavandas

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bhagavandas on March 18th 2013, 11:10 am

Speaking of Shiva, I found this from the Vaishnava Calendar: Siva Ratri -- worship of Lord Siva. Devotees may bathe a Siva-linga
in water and panca-gavya (five substances from the cow) and offer
Krsna-prasada to Lord Siva. Fasting is optional for Vaisnavas.
It's my understanding, that since most demi-gods have "appearence days" and "disdappearance days", that the 10th of March was choses for Shiva, as He has no appearence day and not disappearence day? I could be wrong about this. Couldn't find anything about that idea.
bhagavandas

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sunmystic on March 18th 2013, 2:47 pm

bhagavandas wrote:Speaking of Shiva, I found this from the Vaishnava Calendar: Siva Ratri -- worship of Lord Siva. Devotees may bathe a Siva-linga
in water and panca-gavya (five substances from the cow) and offer
Krsna-prasada to Lord Siva. Fasting is optional for Vaisnavas.
It's my understanding, that since most demi-gods have "appearence days" and "disdappearance days", that the 10th of March was choses for Shiva, as He has no appearence day and not disappearence day? I could be wrong about this. Couldn't find anything about that idea.

I don't know Smile . Shiva came to visit me one day and from that day on we have always been good friends. All I know about him is that he is an immortal and the King of Yogis. As an advanced yogi mystic I feel very fortunate to have him as a close friend. I do not worship him, we are just really close friends. To be honest with you I do not know very much about how the Hindu do things. And as a mystic if I want to know about something I just step out into "the unknown" and say "hello". Sometimes the experience causes me to have put myself back together again, but most of the time things go quite well. I don't read very much of what other people have to say, I prefer to go out there and directly experience it for myself, and if I get into trouble I just hollar for Father God and He straightens things out and shows me where I messed up. As an example, one time I was raising the male kundalini (the Golden Snake) up through the death zone and I made a slight mistake and accidently exited out through the pineal gland without being properly grounded and found myself floating out of and above my body. "Eek! Father God how do I get back into my body?" Father God placed me back into my body and explained to me where I made my mistake. Guys you really have to keep that sucker grounded solid if you are playing anywhere near the area of the pineal gland Smile . It also turned out that that is how yogis make their final exit like Yogananda did, they just drop the ground to the male kundalini, go up through the death zone, and exit through the pineal gland. Guys you do not want to do this stuff at home and it should only be done by professionals, at least based on my experience.

sun
sunmystic
Administrator
Administrator

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aussiepom on March 18th 2013, 4:33 pm

Good advice there,John.

I am virtually a new comer to spiritualism. I cannot contact spirit unless I am on the verge of sleep.
They come to me as I pass from wakefulness to sleep. I hear voices talking to me and I have visited what I call 'the Meeting Room'.

There I have met up with many friends and relations who have passed to spirit over the last few years.
the latest being my young grandson who passed over at the age of 35 years.
He was smiling and looked so happy to be out of pain.

I have met with my late husband and seen him once which was last Xmas day.

I have heard his voice once since he passed over 7 years ago.

That is my experience of spirit up to date.

Joan
Aussiepom

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sunmystic on March 18th 2013, 6:22 pm

Aussiepom wrote:Good advice there,John.

I am virtually a new comer to spiritualism. I cannot contact spirit unless I am on the verge of sleep.
They come to me as I pass from wakefulness to sleep. I hear voices talking to me and I have visited what I call 'the Meeting Room'.

There I have met up with many friends and relations who have passed to spirit over the last few years.
the latest being my young grandson who passed over at the age of 35 years.
He was smiling and looked so happy to be out of pain.

I have met with my late husband and seen him once which was last Xmas day.

I have heard his voice once since he passed over 7 years ago.

That is my experience of spirit up to date.

Joan

Joan, all contact with the spirit world is done when one is just on the edge of sleep. Most call it being in the alpha state of consciousness, but actually one is in the vibration rate that is the bottom part of the alpha vibration level that is on the edge of the beginning of the theta vibration level. The slower theta vibration level is where normal people lose consciousness. It takes a lot of practice to stay conscious in the theta vibration level. The lower part of the theta vibration level is where the Voo Do and Shaman masters do their psychic workings. One time I accidently upset a Voo Do priestess by not showing her proper respect (I was a bit cocky back in those days) and the next thing that I knew she laid the seven dooms on me, the spell that causes folks to just lay down and die and there is nothing wrong with them. Basically all of the seven energy chakras in the body are dropped down into the lower theta vibration level and you can't get out of it because most folks are unconscious along with their will being taken away from them. I was awake but couldn't move and I had not any interest in anything at all because my will was gone. Again I had to go to Father God and we worked some stuff and got it solved. And because I had spent so much meditation time in the theta vibration level that I was in theta most of the time when I was awake during the daytime, I was somewhat familiar with what was happening and knew that I was in over my head. To this day those kind of Voo Do and Shaman people get nothing but respect out of me, I do not want to go through that again Smile . Sometimes I take a peek at my loved ones and my loved pets that have passed on, but they always seem happy so I do not worry about them.

John
sunmystic
Administrator
Administrator

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aussiepom on March 19th 2013, 4:53 am

I am beginning to understand now,John. I knew nothing of this. The process seems to ebb and flow,I haven't received anything from spirit for weeks now. I haven't had any of the lucid dreams I usually have.
I know they will start again sometime.
I know I am seeing those who have passed over.

To give you an idea of what happens and I will put this briefly.
My last dream was of a soldier,an New Zealand soldier.
I don't know him,have never known him but my husband did.
They were both in the Korean war back in the 50's.
Ken always knew him as Kiwi.
Kiwi was wounded very badly and flown back to New Zealand. Ken lost touch with him and often wondered whether Kiwi had survived.
Recently I dreamed I was once more back in this visiting room. Ken at my side.
A man entered wearing an army uniform,battle scarred and dirty looking about in his 20's.
Ken went over to speak to him.
I woke up wondering who this man was.

Ken belonged to the Korean War Assoc in Melbourne,used to receive the small booklet which gave information about those veterans who had passed over.
There was Kiwi's name! He had lived quite a few years since those army days in Korea. His passing took place in a nursing home. An old man.

The point I am getting at is that Kiwi showed himself as a young man in the visiting room. In the army uniform of that day.
Proving that there is a life after death!

Thank you,John for your help.

Joan

Aussiepom

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sunmystic on March 19th 2013, 11:39 am

Smile It is a wondrous world out there and being connected to it can be an awesome experience.
Love,
John
sunmystic
Administrator
Administrator

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aussiepom on March 19th 2013, 12:48 pm

Especially when one is still learning....I have lots more to discover....
Now I have only to 'see' spirit besides hearing and I will be a very happy lady indeed.

cheers

Joan

Aussiepom

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sunmystic on March 19th 2013, 1:37 pm

Aussiepom wrote:Especially when one is still learning....I have lots more to discover....
Now I have only to 'see' spirit besides hearing and I will be a very happy lady indeed.

cheers

Joan

How to see spirits? Humm. I guess the best way to start would be to practice being at the vibration frequencies that one experiences just before they fall a sleep and still be conscious. I have been doing this for so long that I am at that frequency or lower when I am awake. Being awake and at the lower than the edge of sleep vibrational frequencies has become quite normal for me. Basically I do everything during the day that I need to do while in the upper theta vibration levels. Sometimes I do have to raise my vibrational level to pay closer attention to something that I am doing, especially if I am learning a new physical activity. The true marshal arts masters all are at the theta frequency vibration level when they use their skills. One is in a constant state of being very psychic when they are experienced at being at that frequency vibration level. And generally by the time one has reached the ability to move and function at those lower theta vibration levels they have also learned to control the information source that one is connected to at those energy frequency levels so that they are just receiving the information input that they are seeking. I hope that is helpful Joan Smile

Love,
John
sunmystic
Administrator
Administrator

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sunmystic on March 19th 2013, 2:09 pm

Here is another thing that comes to mind that you guys might find useful: I was meditating one time and was practicing maintaining consciousness in the vibrational level that was below theta. This level if I remember right is called the delta frequency vibration level and is the vibration level that is below theta. While I was in this delta level I noticed a fly crawling on my hand. So I decided to catch that fly with my other hand Smile . Opps! I pulled all of the muscles in the arm of the hand that I was trying to catch the fly with. That was very painful. From then on I was always very careful to raise my vibration level back up to theta before I moved to prevent doing damage to myself. And just for the record there is not much going on when you are in the delta frequency vibration levels where a normal person would be in a deep dreamless sleep state.

sun
sunmystic
Administrator
Administrator

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mia on March 19th 2013, 2:54 pm

I don't know which frequency I am in when I meditate.
I do know that the more content I am the easier it is for me to relax.

I sit down, relax and wait to be what I call 'grabbed'
I go numb, tingly, and although I know I can come out of it if I want, I feel I cannot move.
There seems to be no time, if I hear a noise, it doesn't disturb me .... it's great.

If I want to journey, I have to sort of adjust the med before I start.

I know what I mean lol

mia
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 977
Hobbies : Gardening, Driving,card crafting
Tell us about yourself : See my intro
Appreciation Points : 1355
Registration date : 2009-05-16

View user profile http://miasjourney.weebly.com/index.html

Back to top Go down

Post by Aussiepom on March 19th 2013, 3:09 pm

sunmystic wrote:Smile It is a wondrous world out there and being connected to it can be an awesome experience.
Love,
John

Ah now I'm getting the picture,John. You mentioned about the Alpha,Beta and Theta range. Think I have names in correct order.
I read quite a long time ago about these three states. Must find them again on the internet and get memory scrubbed up.
Also Delta? Different vibrations of consciousness.

Now I am a reader when I retire to bed,cannot sleep if I don't have that book in my hands.

I read for about 10 mins then light goes off but find my mind is still ticking over. Then I go off to sleep very suddenly,I would say there is no in between for me. The voices of spirit wake me up with a start! Suddenly. So what vibration am I in then?
I'm not dozing. I am sound asleep.
I hear voices sometimes like a conversation between two people. Those voices stop as soon as spirit must be aware that I am awake.

I often wake around 4am in the morning,get up,make a cup of tea then back to bed again. I lie quite a while before I drop off again.
That is when the voices and messages come through. Plus a scene or picture is shown to me.
Like for instance I was shown a small boy with his hand out to me as to offer something to me. ...and he was very misty by sight.

You must be extremely experienced in the state of trance. Are you a trance medium by any chance? Have you experienced Physical mediumship?

Joan x

Aussiepom

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aussiepom on March 19th 2013, 3:12 pm

mia wrote:I don't know which frequency I am in when I meditate.
I do know that the more content I am the easier it is for me to relax.

I sit down, relax and wait to be what I call 'grabbed'
I go numb, tingly, and although I know I can come out of it if I want, I feel I cannot move.
There seems to be no time, if I hear a noise, it doesn't disturb me .... it's great.

If I want to journey, I have to sort of adjust the med before I start.

I know what I mean lol

I know what you mean,Mia. My problem is relaxing,training my mind to 'see' what I am meditating about.
Usually meditating about a rolling sea,waves coming towards me usually helps me to relax.

Joan x
Aussiepom

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mia on March 19th 2013, 3:25 pm

If I want to go meet someone, I visualise myself walking down a lane, imto woods, find a clearing. There is always a log there and a cave.
Beside the cave a trodden path.
Merlin comes to me if I sit on the log.
If he doesn't turn up, I go into the cave where a faery sits.
The trodden path is where my unicorn trots along. from.
Sometimes we all go on an adventure together.
If I want to talk to someone in spirit, I sort of call them in my head and they come and sit on the log.

Or I go on a mystery med.
Climb a mountain and see who is waiting on each plateau xx

mia
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 977
Hobbies : Gardening, Driving,card crafting
Tell us about yourself : See my intro
Appreciation Points : 1355
Registration date : 2009-05-16

View user profile http://miasjourney.weebly.com/index.html