Am i Dreaming?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Am i Dreaming?

Post by Spirit-Being on February 12th 2009, 1:05 am

This may sound strange but sharing my experiences might help someone along the lines. Tonight is one of the strangest nights i have had, that i can remember. I am having trouble realizing if i am in a dream or if this is really reality. You may think oh this guy needs help or he is crazy, and if you do that is okay. But tonight my life seems like one long Dream. I asked myself this question "How do i know i am not dreaming?" Well i really tried giving this question some thought and do not have an answer. I look at the Spiritual Teachers of old Jesus & Buddha in particular and realize they truly did reach Enlightenment. Now this is going to get a little strange so please don't think that i am crazy. But i cannot seem to grasp an awareness that i am seeking, this troubles me greatly. Now if i was dreaming would i be able to reach Enlightenment? Would i be aware enough or even have the capability of moving to a higher level of consciousness.

Have any of you seen the movie "Sixth Sense" or "The Others" well if you have then you might understand, because at this moment i feel like i am crazy. I thought about what happens when a person dies suddenly, could they possibly know that they were dead? What if i died suddenly in an accident, a car hitting me. Would i know that i had died or would i wander around thinking i was still alive. This question really baffled me. At this moment life seems so stale, like i am doing the exact same thing day in and day out and i really dont know what to think. I looked around my living room and everything seemed out of place. It felt like the furniture did not belong where it was. But the funny thing is i put it there. I do know that life is suppose to seem much more meaningful and i cannot buy the notion of just getting through each day, doesn't make much sense. Something is really wrong with me i'm guessing, But what i see about Life is a wonderful, peaceful world, but it's not in this state of mind at this moment that i am in. I really hope i am not confusing anyone, i am just reaching out for help and maybe some understanding as to why i feel these things.

There has to be a way to become fully Enlightened. To move to a higher level of consciousness because this level of consciousness i am at, is not where i should be. Please don't run away after reading this post Very Happy I do not know why i am posting this, only God knows why. I love you all

Many Blessings

_________________


Quantum Alchemy
avatar
Spirit-Being
Administrator
Administrator

Male
Number of posts : 2276
Age : 41
Location : Milford, Connecticut
Hobbies : Reading, Creating Things, Music, Meditating, and Being a part of Nature
Appreciation Points : 2686
Registration date : 2008-09-14

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/spiritsjourneyforum

Back to top Go down

Re: Am i Dreaming?

Post by HypnoDude on February 12th 2009, 6:53 pm

Spirit Being

I hope this isnt interpreted in a negative or sarcastic way, as I only send positive tones to accompany this.

Remember the quote I shared last week?? From Wynonna......... About
"......Focusing too hard on the destination, not the Journey...." ?

I sense great impatience from you. My first thought is "SLOW DOWN". Your focusing so hard on complete enlightenment (destination) instead of realizing, understanding, sharing, appreciating and expanding upon your current state of Enlightenment (Journey).

Perhaps Meditation would help calm your mind? Enlightenment is a Journey, and cant be crammed into a human given 'time frame.' IMO even if someone reached Complete Enlightenment, they wouldnt see it as that. (Look at Jesus for instance) They would still strive to spread their enlightenment, and continue to expand upon it.

You ARE Enlightened, why else would you have started Spirits Journey? Wink

You will miss critical parts of your Journey of Enlightenment which are meant to expand upon it, if you continue being in such dire and immediate search of this "Complete Enlightment" which is the ultimate destination. Wink

Encompassing you, and your Journey in Light, today and always.
avatar
HypnoDude
Member
Member

Male
Number of posts : 137
Age : 37
Location : Georgia
Appreciation Points : 94
Registration date : 2008-12-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

re to-- am i dreaming

Post by Wind-Dancer on February 12th 2009, 8:11 pm

Sometimes when we do things we feel like we are not really doing them and your body is just going through the motions. Then we think, what did we just do? we think about what we did and our recollection of it is just like our recollection of a dream. It's bizarre and scary and it's becoming more frequent.

What's happening to me seems to be like what happened to the Adam Sandler character in the movie "Click." He would fast forward through his life and he couldn't remember doing any of the things that he had done when the fast forwarding was complete. He couldn't control anything he did during the fast forwarding either. Here's the scene where the Sandler character comes to grips with the consequences of fast forwarding his life:
Sometimes when we do things we feel like we are not really doing them and your body is just going through the motions.

your living in your own world in a sence and you are seperate from the outside so you dont really feel like your there even when your in it. You need to "ground" yourself, youre probably thinking too much on abstract topics . try to think of all things, try and restore your mental focus to practical pursuits.

It's just a natural consequence, really, of going too far towards one extreme. Like you know maybe some people are so "grounded" that they cant even think of anything except shopping, social life drama, job related issues, etc. Well you have (Im guessing) reached the other extreme, you spend too much time on mental/spiritual things.



try and find a middle way
its all in the way you perceive it, if you let it get to you- it can develop anxienty and you can become uncomfortable around people and situations, as you practice your studies away from the world dont forget to emerge yourself in it to once in awhile or that aspect of yourself will become lost
Spiritual growth comes in a difficult package. The need to balance one's inner spiritual growth (which can easily take us away from the physical world) and still be able to keep the connections we need to have with people, animals and nature is hard to figure out some times. It feels like you are taking a step backwards if you connect with the ph
ysical world to much.
It's like being thrown into the water to learn how to swim. It's a lot to learn in a very short time. Then you come to the surface and you see the sunshine of the life that surrounds you for the first time. You wake up. Balance in every thing is needed.

_________________
Namaste
avatar
Wind-Dancer
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 673
Location : Arkansas
Hobbies : gardening, cooking, painting, fishing, reading
Tell us about yourself : Im half cherokee and half irish.Im very proud of my heritage. Im a rebel at heart.
Appreciation Points : 931
Registration date : 2008-10-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Am i Dreaming?

Post by in2_wishin on February 13th 2009, 6:14 pm

Spirit-Being wrote:This may sound strange but sharing my experiences might help someone along the lines. Tonight is one of the strangest nights i have had, that i can remember. I am having trouble realizing if i am in a dream or if this is really reality. You may think oh this guy needs help or he is crazy, and if you do that is okay. But tonight my life seems like one long Dream. I asked myself this question "How do i know i am not dreaming?" Well i really tried giving this question some thought and do not have an answer. I look at the Spiritual Teachers of old Jesus & Buddha in particular and realize they truly did reach Enlightenment. Now this is going to get a little strange so please don't think that i am crazy. But i cannot seem to grasp an awareness that i am seeking, this troubles me greatly. Now if i was dreaming would i be able to reach Enlightenment? Would i be aware enough or even have the capability of moving to a higher level of consciousness.

Have any of you seen the movie "Sixth Sense" or "The Others" well if you have then you might understand, because at this moment i feel like i am crazy. I thought about what happens when a person dies suddenly, could they possibly know that they were dead? What if i died suddenly in an accident, a car hitting me. Would i know that i had died or would i wander around thinking i was still alive. This question really baffled me. At this moment life seems so stale, like i am doing the exact same thing day in and day out and i really dont know what to think. I looked around my living room and everything seemed out of place. It felt like the furniture did not belong where it was. But the funny thing is i put it there. I do know that life is suppose to seem much more meaningful and i cannot buy the notion of just getting through each day, doesn't make much sense. Something is really wrong with me i'm guessing, But what i see about Life is a wonderful, peaceful world, but it's not in this state of mind at this moment that i am in. I really hope i am not confusing anyone, i am just reaching out for help and maybe some understanding as to why i feel these things.

There has to be a way to become fully Enlightened. To move to a higher level of consciousness because this level of consciousness i am at, is not where i should be. Please don't run away after reading this post Very Happy I do not know why i am posting this, only God knows why. I love you all

Many Blessings

I think that we all feel this way sometimes, and i think that God puts thoughts in our mind to try and figure out why we are at this exact place at this exact moment, but just the fact that you yourself are aware that you need to be at a higher level of counciousness, or that fact that you feel that you need to be doing something more, that in itself is a gift, that motivating factor that God has put in your mind, that is a sign of hope, a councious or subcouncious sense of inner-knowing that eventually you will be lifted higher mentally and spiritually. Journies come and go, but who knows? Maybe you will be embarking on a new spiritual journey for yourself soon, isnt that the beauty of life and its mysteries, and the beauty of god, he always has a secret for us to unravel, and when we unravel that gift, we become greatful, that is until we find another secret, another journey for ourselves.

in2_wishin
Member
Member

Number of posts : 18
Appreciation Points : 0
Registration date : 2008-12-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Am i Dreaming?

Post by Spirit-Being on February 13th 2009, 9:06 pm

I really am Rushing things i do feel the impatience in me but i was unaware that i really was impatient. sometimes you just need someone to kick start you into gear lol

HypnoDude wrote:Perhaps Meditation would help calm your mind? Enlightenment is a Journey, and cant be crammed into a human given 'time frame.' IMO even if someone reached Complete Enlightenment, they wouldnt see it as that. (Look at Jesus for instance) They would still strive to spread their enlightenment, and continue to expand upon it.

I agree with you that even Jesus still expanded upon his Enlightenment and he never once said that he was Enlightened, he remained humble and as you said he Expanded upon his.

I took your advice and Meditated last night, this was very helpful as meditation always is. Sometimes i step away from what works for me for a time not realizing it. Meditation has always calmed my mind and this is a great starting point.

As for the quote i love it and it is the truth, as i read the quote i could not remember reading about it and this troubled me, so i went back to look where you posted this. I saw i replied to it so i know i read it. If everyone realized who they truly are, life would be much more Peaceful & Fulfilling. You share much wisdom and i thank you HypnoDude.

Many Blessings

_________________


Quantum Alchemy
avatar
Spirit-Being
Administrator
Administrator

Male
Number of posts : 2276
Age : 41
Location : Milford, Connecticut
Hobbies : Reading, Creating Things, Music, Meditating, and Being a part of Nature
Appreciation Points : 2686
Registration date : 2008-09-14

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/spiritsjourneyforum

Back to top Go down

Re: Am i Dreaming?

Post by Spirit-Being on February 13th 2009, 9:27 pm

Wind-Dancer wrote:try and find a middle way
its all in the way you perceive it, if you let it get to you- it can develop anxienty and you can become uncomfortable around people and situations, as you practice your studies away from the world dont forget to emerge yourself in it to once in awhile or that aspect of yourself will become lost
Spiritual growth comes in a difficult package. The need to balance one's inner spiritual growth (which can easily take us away from the physical world) and still be able to keep the connections we need to have with people, animals and nature is hard to figure out some times. It feels like you are taking a step backwards if you connect with the ph
ysical world to much.
It's like being thrown into the water to learn how to swim. It's a lot to learn in a very short time. Then you come to the surface and you see the sunshine of the life that surrounds you for the first time. You wake up. Balance in every thing is needed.

Spirituality has become a focus for me for 2 or 3 years now. It has been the only thing that has helped me face the many addictions i had prior to the realization that we are all Spiritual (Divine). There have been many instances in my life where i have a hard time facing people in the world, i have put up a shield to protect myself and i believe i am scared of going backwards. So i tend to pull away from the physical world (Interactions with people for the sake of my own protection) Ironiclly i am on here interacting with all of you, but we all share a common Goal to better ourselves, to learn, gain knowledge, to connect with one another, to help one another & seek help, becoming inspired & inspiring others, oh and to have fun Very Happy

I do feel like i am learning to swim again 2 - 3 years is not nearly enough to learn how to swim for me. This makes a lot of sense Wind-Dancer. If i could only see the good things i do for people & myself, instead of focusing on what i am doing wrong. I am very critical towards myself, when i make mistakes i beat myself up, this i need to work on for my own peace of mind. The key word is "Be Positive". I love working on myself, especially when i notice certain egos surfacing, noticing them is half the battle. In doing so i can learn to tame them so to speak.

Your knowledge has helped greatly, i thank you Wind-Dancer

Many Blessings

_________________


Quantum Alchemy
avatar
Spirit-Being
Administrator
Administrator

Male
Number of posts : 2276
Age : 41
Location : Milford, Connecticut
Hobbies : Reading, Creating Things, Music, Meditating, and Being a part of Nature
Appreciation Points : 2686
Registration date : 2008-09-14

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/spiritsjourneyforum

Back to top Go down

Re: Am i Dreaming?

Post by Spirit-Being on February 13th 2009, 10:50 pm

in2_wishin wrote:I think that we all feel this way sometimes, and i think that God puts thoughts in our mind to try and figure out why we are at this exact place at this exact moment, but just the fact that you yourself are aware that you need to be at a higher level of counciousness, or that fact that you feel that you need to be doing something more, that in itself is a gift, that motivating factor that God has put in your mind, that is a sign of hope, a councious or subcouncious sense of inner-knowing that eventually you will be lifted higher mentally and spiritually. Journies come and go, but who knows? Maybe you will be embarking on a new spiritual journey for yourself soon, isnt that the beauty of life and its mysteries, and the beauty of god, he always has a secret for us to unravel, and when we unravel that gift, we become greatful, that is until we find another secret, another journey for ourselves.

This is wonderful God is wonderful, yes each secret that is revealed is a gift. There are so many shifts, and mysteries that we all go through, the journey is Beautiful. I feel a sense of peace at this moment, like i am floating in a pure essence of illuminating light . I do feel as if i am on a new spiritual journey. Your compassion & love shines in2_wishin i thank you.

Many Blessings

_________________


Quantum Alchemy
avatar
Spirit-Being
Administrator
Administrator

Male
Number of posts : 2276
Age : 41
Location : Milford, Connecticut
Hobbies : Reading, Creating Things, Music, Meditating, and Being a part of Nature
Appreciation Points : 2686
Registration date : 2008-09-14

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/spiritsjourneyforum

Back to top Go down

Re: Am i Dreaming?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum